Jump to content

The Token System Is Okay


Recommended Posts

It's fine. It'll slow down progress at first due to the slight bottlenecking, but within two weeks people will have it figured out. Also, the fact that all standing points are issued in the form of stored tokens means that you'll never waste standing from doing Bounties.

The issue with the Son's tokens being difficult to acquire has basically already been sorted with the first hotfix, in that you don't need them right away, and by the time you need them, you'll be able to get them.

 

Calling it. Within two weeks, the uproar about it will be a blip, because people logged in and felt like they hit a wall. It was actually just a narrow gate that's designed to slow you down and prevent people from destroying all the update's content in the first week.

  • Like 25
Link to post
Share on other sites

When a single section has 100 times the grind required than other parts, something really needs to be done. When that grind is timelocked rng based it is kind of off putting.

Now onto the problem with fishing not even giving the components it is supposed to causing the same issue.

  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

When a single section has 100 times the grind required than other parts, something really needs to be done. When that grind is timelocked rng based it is kind of off putting.

Now onto the problem with fishing not even giving the components it is supposed to causing the same issue.

This x10000

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Locking progression behind activities that aren't even remotely Warframe gameplay is bad design.

Standing won't be an issue for me in a few days, but that doesn't mean the design decisions are suddenly less bad.

  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

The token system would work really well if there were alternate methods to acquire the tokens currently only obtainable through MMO minigames, similar to what Thumpers or Orbs did for their respective open world resource economies.

Exploiter Orb was implemented four months after Fortuna/Vallis, and there were eighteen months between PoE's release and Thumpers being added. They're not letting you avoid the minigames so soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ebrl said:

Exploiter Orb was implemented four months after Fortuna/Vallis, and there were eighteen months between PoE's release and Thumpers being added. They're not letting you avoid the minigames so soon.

Hasn't Profit Taker always dropped those things? Either way, they did eventually acknowledge players wanted core combat alternatives to MMO minigames. It's worth letting DE know that's still the case. If DE would prefer I take an eighteen month break waiting for them to add Deimos Thumpers, I guess that's what I'll do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Hasn't Profit Taker always dropped those things? Either way, they did eventually acknowledge players wanted core combat alternatives to MMO minigames. It's worth letting DE know that's still the case. If DE would prefer I take an eighteen month break waiting for them to add Deimos Thumpers, I guess that's what I'll do.

Profit Taker always dropped debt-bonds and a standing-only toroid that has no associated recipes, but never dropped Vallis resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites

its like not even the soft-forced mining or fishing in cetus , you have to do all 3 of them to rank up .. it'll be a chore since no one knows where to find where just now but after im done getting helminth , not gonna touch deimos again , although i kinda like the level 5 bounty difficulty . shame if de were to nerf them like fortuna enemies 

Edited by killerJoke66
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be okay if you could exchange tokens on a 3 to 1 basis or something like that, so you dont have to play this , check back every couple hours to find a good deal token system. its HORRIBLE!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They really need to award tokens just for doing the tasks.

I want to get a couple tokens every time I catch a fish, and every time I capture an animal. The way it works right now is you have to choose if you want tokens to progress and gain standing, or if you want the materials and tags. In the other open worlds you get standing just for fishing and capturing animals, and then you also get the tags and fish on top of that.

 

The system fight now is a tiny bit of a QOL upgrade so you can farm as much as you want without wasting standing. But a little QOL doesn't justify a huge nerf to the the speed of obtaining rewards and getting standing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've already the required items for the rank 3 and knows where to look for infos I may say that the system is fine out of pure sadism.

However I must confess that between those objectively hideous offerings and the flow of bounties, I'm not particulary enchanted so far.

Edited by Galuf
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It's fine. It'll slow down progress at first due to the slight bottlenecking,

That's not going to make people feel better about the whole thing. Bottlenecks are even worse than excessive grinds because in this case you are making literally Zero progress.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Calling it. Within two weeks, the uproar about it will be a blip, because people logged in and felt like they hit a wall. It was actually just a narrow gate that's designed to slow you down and prevent people from destroying all the update's content in the first week.

First impressions are very important and will linger in people's memory....

Most players who were around during Fortuna's launch can't tell you why exactly they disliked it.... Only that they remember disliking it...

It's the same deal here.... People will forget the details that are at the source of their frustration but they won't forget the Frustration itself.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still required to get to the 3rd rank (10x son tokens), on top of needing 5x Avichaea tags and 1x Medjay tag, which 0 Avichaea have even actually spawned for me; unless they're appearing inside terrain or something... Requiring 10x son tokens was bad enough.

The token system would've been fine if they were designed for what DE claimed their intentions were, and that was being able to be one of those who play more during specific days but less on others, and still be allowed to cap on the days they don't play; which this only requires 1 token to accomplish... Instead, DE used several different tokens and forced people into content that was previously optional.

This is a good example of why apologies from developers never mean anything. They don't learn from their mistakes, and even if DE fixes this in the future (r0 to r1 was already changed), the fact they even made this bad of a mistake when this is already their 3rd attempt is problematic enough.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

'the token system ' is okay yes , but not forcing players to do mining , hunting and fishing all at the same time . why not just make it like fortuna anyways .. 

Have you tried running bounties? Doing that gets you mother tokens, but the resources you pick up along the way, seem to get you some tokens for Daughter, Father, and Loid. You aren't forced to do mining and fishing. 

27 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

First impressions are very important and will linger in people's memory....

And zeroth impressions are what most have been complaining about. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Have you tried running bounties? Doing that gets you mother tokens, but the resources you pick up along the way, seem to get you some tokens for Daughter, Father, and Loid. You aren't forced to do mining and fishing. 

 

No , you have to farm each of those tokens  separately , bounties only give mother's and you can only convert any token to grandma's , so youre trapped to find at least 3-4 different animals indirectly for sons to rank it up to rank 3 Entrati. and thats just me being fine with mining and fishing there are also people hate those just like i hate doing the animal captures. 

Edited by killerJoke66
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killerJoke66 said:

No , you have to farm each of those tokens  separately , bounties only give mother's and you can only convert any token to grandma's , so youre trapped to find at least 3-4 different animals indirectly for sons to rank it up to rank 3 . and thats just me being fine with mining and fishing there are also people hate those just like i hate doing the animal captures. 

Then you better tell Daughter, Father and Loid. Because I've been collecting tokens from each of them without doing anything other than running bounties for Mother. 

You plan to convince them that I have to go fishing and mining before they give me any tokens for the trade ins? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

The token system would work really well if there were alternate methods to acquire the tokens currently only obtainable through MMO minigames, similar to what Thumpers or Orbs did for their respective open world resource economies.

Try doing the vault missions. They drop a large amount of randomised resource loot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deadoon said:

When a single section has 100 times the grind required than other parts, something really needs to be done. When that grind is timelocked rng based it is kind of off putting.

Now onto the problem with fishing not even giving the components it is supposed to causing the same issue.

I must be in the minority as I haven't run into this issue at all. I'm getting all the components required with ease. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...