The "We dislike conservation" club

14 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I don't dislike conservation, it offers a lot of standing for so little effort.

Doing the laundry and emptying the trash aren't much effort, but that's not how I want to be spending my game time. The previous open worlds offered the MMO minigame resource drops from actual WF combat with Thumpers and Orbs. There's no way around it in Deimos, not even plat, and it makes the whole thing feel like a chore.

• Like 17

I f-ing hate conservation since day 1 it was introduced.

Having to do it to rank up this syndicate is actually putting me off the update completely, ngl. 

Fishing and mining, ok, I can just about tolerate that but not conservation. 

Why not just let us shoot bad guys?  It's a looter SHOOTER after all.

• Like 22

I found conservation to be somewhat okay once. Until Warframe inexplicably made it exclusively gate something.

Warframe depends way too much on forcing the exaggerated repetition of a shallow copy/paste of what other games do, just to keep people playing. Like that awful lich system.

Conservation could have been cool. It could have been more than a gate that burns people out.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 10

Conservation innately isn't terrible. The sheer #*!%ing amount that you need to do for Deimos and the S#&$ty "additions" they've made (animals not showing up on radar, billions of infested polluting radar, #*!%ing Avichea not showing up and being #*!%ing impossible to find) means it's complete bullS#&$.

Edit: Seriously DE. When the hell are you going to realize that trying to locate tiny #*!%ing flying birds is NOT FUN. Sawgaws were bad enough, now Avichea are even worse.

Edited by corallein
  • Like 12

I do not dislike it. Is currently my favorite part of the Open worlds. Low effort, high reward in the form of very easy standing. Gives stuff to do.

Funny that people ask for things, and when they are given things to do, they do not do them and proceed to hate on em because they are no the things they wanted to do.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

I do not dislike it. Is currently my favorite part of the Open worlds. Low effort, high reward in the form of very easy standing. Gives stuff to do.

Funny that people ask for things, and when they are given things to do, they do not do them and proceed to hate on em because they are no the things they wanted to do.

And what's given sorry? the same game of fortuna and cetus and a bunch of recycled enemies with different textures? +More grind?

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1
Just now, bibmobello said:

And what's given sorry? the same game of fortuna and cetus with different textures?

Just expressing my opinion. I know is unpopular. Dont like it? dont play it right? I will keep enjoying my easy standing by doing the things people dislike 🙂

• Like 1
Just now, Yakhul said:

Just expressing my opinion. I know is unpopular. Dont like it? dont play it right? I will keep enjoying my easy standing by doing the things people dislike 🙂

In fact i don't play it, thanks for the tip. Happy grinding!

Edited by bibmobello

At the end of the day it is like Grannum void, you may not particulary enjoy it, but once it's done, you don't have to dig in again.

Deimos conservations:

- Involved in offering system

- Doesn't seem tied to anything other than offerings and fluff stuff

- Doesn't offer immediate standing and doesn't seem decent enough rate wises to be considered for standing, even with a resource booster

- Clunky as F boys

What happened today:

- Most players got stuck rank 0 before reset because it was discouraging and close to impossible getting 5 coins by hunting randomly(some succeeded, props to them). For the fun fact, I farmed 1h30 conservations, was able to get 0 coins, after the reset I had enough for 8, bathed in salt.

- For the people who started grinding the offering for rank 2 -> 3, bird considervations got bugged pretty often.

Now Fortuna and Plains conservations:

- Have 0 interaction on itemisation and progression in general

- Biggest targets give significant and instant amount of standing

- Rare ones give tremendous amounts

- you can choose to sacrifice a tiny bit of standing to cap signifcantly faster through the consummables item

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Who's with you? A good portion of this playerbase since 2017.

2018 is when fortuna launched and introduced the pointless floof hunting.

I would enjoy conservation if it had any impact on gameplay, like the creatures being new companions... but nope says mean old digital extremes, no giant mohawk rhino dog for you 😠

• Like 1

When it was an optional path to do for standing in fortuna, I would do it because 8k from the Kubrodon Incarnadine was quick, if not tedious.  I can already tell I'm going to be displeased if it's actually required for progression on Deimos.

Multiple options for those who like different things or are willing to take an annoying but faster path is good.  Great even.  Trying to tie every single system in the new open world to each other so that you HAVE to do all of them so some dev that worked on conservation doesn't get their feelings hurt is pretty irritating.  

I'll wait and see how bad it is for me though.  I've liked most of the open world so far, though I haven't seen much of it.  I hated sagaws though and have literally never been able to cap one because they're bugged.  I've mag dumped one at point blank range and not hit it.  If this is that I might need to just give up playing.  I can't do mandatory sagaws.

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Doing the laundry and emptying the trash aren't much effort, but that's not how I want to be spending my game time. The previous open worlds offered the MMO minigame resource drops from actual WF combat with Thumpers and Orbs. There's no way around it in Deimos, not even plat, and it makes the whole thing feel like a chore.

This. 

• Like 2