Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "We dislike conservation" club

ixidron92

hace 24 minutos, Cloverskull dijo:

Thumpers and The Exploiter Orb were introduced waaaaaaaaaaay past the launch date of their respective Open Worlds. I expect something similar to pop up maybe a month or two from now.

Vaults give mining and fishing resources, and, in a pinch, you can always use platinum. Conservation is the only one without a bypass or alternative.

I've quit WF when Plains of Eidolon came out just because of mining and fishing, came back few months ago.
Again I had to fish and mine, ok I'll did it, took one day of playing and just fish and scan fish and scan fish and scan....hated every millisecond of it. Still didn't get everything I want or need but stopped scanning and fishing because it is the worst and most boring thing I've ever seen in any game...don't even want to talk about Toroids....

8 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I do not dislike it. Is currently my favorite part of the Open worlds. Low effort, high reward in the form of very easy standing. Gives stuff to do.

Funny that people ask for things, and when they are given things to do, they do not do them and proceed to hate on em because they are no the things they wanted to do.

This is borderline intellectually dishonest, imho. 

DE recycled a system that has nothing to do with combat or the theme of the game and doubled down on time-gating Combat rewards and progress behind it without a combat alternative.

People will get upset by that.

I understand it’s probably recycled code from other DE games or coders had experience with “snowboarding” and “conservation” code which made the business decision in terms of return on investment easy.  But this is fringe, non-combat gameplay.

5 hours ago, Kefirno said:

But mining, fishing and catching wildlife should not be a mandatory part of progression in a space ninja horde shooter.

Are you "high level"(MR8) space ninja?
Are you looking for some action?
Are you looking for some rewards? 

WELL DON'T WORRY ANYMORE BECAUSE WE HAVE A THING FOR YOU

A stick with a rope and a barcode reader

ENJOY YOUR FIGHT  TENNO!

Just to follow up my earlier comment...

I have no problem with conservation being in the game, I know some people enjoy it even if I personally think it's dumb as rocks.

However, what I take exception to is it being MANDATORY in order to progress the syndicate we need in order to get access to thing we really want, the helminth system.

Conservation has always been a fringe activity and widely known that many players do not like it.

Have it as an option, yes, no problem.  But have an alternative that utilises the thing warframe is best at - combat.

DE constantly give options and diversity as excuses for nerfs.  Well, they've explicitly failed to provide options here in an attempt to force players to use a system that is widely disliked.

It really needs to be changed. 

il y a une heure, wargthewarg a dit :

Uhh, do you realize that people are trying to get to the part of this update that does change their gameplay? 

Yes, and they would already be there if they just did it instead of crying on the forum that "it's not what I want to doooooo...". Most video games are about completing the task presented to you, asking for the game to be tailor made to the exact thing they want to do is plain sad. Alright, let's have nothing but bounties, sounds like a lot of varied fun !

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Yes, and they would already be there if they just did it instead of crying on the forum that "it's not what I want to doooooo...". Most video games are about completing the task presented to you, asking for the game to be tailor made to the exact thing they want to do is plain sad. Alright, let's have nothing but bounties, sounds like a lot of varied fun !

Someone failed basic reading comprehension or is just being dishonest/dismissive so he can get made up brownie points with DE, no one has said anything about any of the other tokens, only the forced conservation.  Then again I'm sure you're just here to insult people and belittle their opinions and frustrations with a system that was clearly just shoved out of the door without a single thought.

I also noticed that DE staff moved this thread from the General Discussion, where it belongs, to Off Topic for some strange reason, it's almost like DE doesn't want to see any negative feedback, as if they ever took it, and just want to stifle people's opinions, this would be typical DE honestly.

Il y a 11 heures, Hawk1911 a dit :

Someone failed basic reading comprehension or is just being dishonest/dismissive so he can get made up brownie points with DE, no one has said anything about any of the other tokens, only the forced conservation.  Then again I'm sure you're just here to insult people and belittle their opinions and frustrations with a system that was clearly just shoved out of the door without a single thought.

I also noticed that DE staff moved this thread from the General Discussion, where it belongs, to Off Topic for some strange reason, it's almost like DE doesn't want to see any negative feedback, as if they ever took it, and just want to stifle people's opinions, this would be typical DE honestly.

Just voicing my discontent with the constant complaining about anything that's trying to diversify the gameplay. You wanna talk about recycling content without a thought, but I'd guess you're perfectly OK with the base gameplay that could be described the exact same way.

I said what I had to say, now if you wanna ignore half the points I'm making and oversimplify the rest, be my guest. Obviously it is not allowed to have a different opinion than your little echo chamber.

On 2020-08-26 at 1:55 AM, Chewarette said:

I don't want to use your Necramech thing as I have Warframes which were perfectly able to kill Infested and we even defeated ... Orokins... who made Necramechs so they had them at the time.

Yes! This is exactly how I felt when being forced to use the Necramech during the quest. Throughout the fight I was trying to see if I could hop out that thing and use my frame because it felt like more of a hindrance. Also felt weird being told the our frames weren’t good enough for the combat and that the Necramechs are kinda stronger when the game puts the idea in your head that your frame is strong.

14 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Just voicing my discontent with the constant complaining about anything that's trying to diversify the gameplay. You wanna talk about recycling content without a thought, but I'd guess you're perfectly OK with the base gameplay that could be described the exact same way.

I said what I had to say, now if you wanna ignore half the points I'm making and oversimplify the rest, be my guest. Obviously it is not allowed to have a different opinion than your little echo chamber.

Let's see, I quoted your entire post so there's no oversimplification of your statements.  You belittle and insult other players opinions of a bad design by the developers and call it complaining.  Sound about right so far? 

At no point has anyone in any of the conservation threads demanded that we just go back to bounties.  After fortuna you always had the option to do them, they were never a prerequisite to going up in standing or getting an item.  Even after they added them to PoE it was an optional activity.  This was changed with the HoD to a requirement not an optional activity.  The token requirements are far too much and the conservation system itself is incredibly inconsistent and buggy since fortuna.  My point of your post stands.

Il y a 11 heures, Hawk1911 a dit :

Let's see, I quoted your entire post so there's no oversimplification of your statements.  You belittle and insult other players opinions of a bad design by the developers and call it complaining.  Sound about right so far? 

At no point has anyone in any of the conservation threads demanded that we just go back to bounties.  After fortuna you always had the option to do them, they were never a prerequisite to going up in standing or getting an item.  Even after they added them to PoE it was an optional activity.  This was changed with the HoD to a requirement not an optional activity.  The token requirements are far too much and the conservation system itself is incredibly inconsistent and buggy since fortuna.  My point of your post stands.

So, me saying that I find the complaints (because yes, those are complaints, it doesn't invalidate what yall are saying, it's just what it's called) outrageous and out of proportion = I belittle people's opinion... Yeah, that's not dodging my point at all, sure ! Pretty efficient and low effort, if someone disagrees with you, it's because he's a mean person that is only out to hurt people's sensibility. Can't have enough of that sjw grade argumentation. 

And stop with the "we only talk about conservation", you know perfectly that the anti fishing/mining gangs are just around the corner.

And I played conservation, a lot, and I'd like you to tell me about those bugs, cause except the ones I'm catching, I'm for sure not seeing any more than there are in other systems, aka very few.

8 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

~snip~

I'm going to politely (unusual for me) suggest taking a step back and looking over your initial posts on this page.

For example:

13 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

So, me saying that I find the complaints outrageous and out of proportion = I belittle people's opinion

You haven't used the terms "outrageous" and "out of proportion" in this thread. You have however referred to the complaints as "crying". If you want to tell me that referring to people's complaints (their opinions) as crying isn't belittling them, I'm going to call you a liar.

22 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

And stop with the "we only talk about conservation", you know perfectly that the anti fishing/mining gangs are just around the corner.

It's perfectly valid. These other gangs may only be just around the corner, however the complaint here is very clearly about conservation. By trying to make out that people have a problem with all the side activities and then attacking that, you are straw-manning.

When you twist someones argument into something that it is not and subsequently mock the result, that too can be seen as belittling. At the very least it's intellectually dishonest.

Again, just suggesting you take a step back and reevaulate.

Inb4 get in stoned by the mob... 

I do like conservation, would prefer if some bugs were to be ironed out (staph getin' up you damned creature) , but all in all I find it to be great when I just want to doze off for the night. Just a chill activity at the end of a gaming session. 

Also Hurray for patches regarding Deimos conservation ;D

On 2020-08-25 at 9:59 PM, ixidron92 said:

Who else is with me?

Pretty much. 

I can't get too excited about it one way or other. Still, on the list of busy work I don't like or want to do, this one is pretty much the zenith of crap make-work. 

Personally the rep grinds for demios, vox solaris, and solaris u should all work the same as cetus.

Do bounties get rep. Rank up. As you are naturally playing and doing the conservation bits by choice as extra you get resources to fo what you need.

Not this contrived all over the place badge garbage or toroids. Its a really bad system.

Le 28/8/2020 à 11:33, DeMonkey a dit :

I'm going to politely (unusual for me) suggest taking a step back and looking over your initial posts on this page.

For example:

You haven't used the terms "outrageous" and "out of proportion" in this thread. You have however referred to the complaints as "crying". If you want to tell me that referring to people's complaints (their opinions) as crying isn't belittling them, I'm going to call you a liar.

It's perfectly valid. These other gangs may only be just around the corner, however the complaint here is very clearly about conservation. By trying to make out that people have a problem with all the side activities and then attacking that, you are straw-manning.

When you twist someones argument into something that it is not and subsequently mock the result, that too can be seen as belittling. At the very least it's intellectually dishonest.

Again, just suggesting you take a step back and reevaulate.

Crying : meh, honestly I just think people need to grow some skin if that is a problem. I'm gonna say OK it may not have been the classier way to word it, but I don't find it that bad, I'm not gonna write a full paragraphe every time to sugar coat what I'm saying to strangers on the internet.

If you wanna talk to me less politely, go at it, I won't mind. Tho I don't remember you ever not being polite afair.

Now, for the "only conservation" point : I'm not letting this one go. It is definitly the same thing, it's always the same rethoric that comes up everytime the game asks us to do something else than the og gameplay. Yes, only conservation was originally brought up, but it would be intellectually dishonest to refute this on semantic alone, it's the same topic from the same crowd. But if you insist, instead of saying "let's have only bounties", I could say " let's kill diversity slowly but surely". 

But again, flagging this as belittling is a pretty cheap shortcut to take. And you and others certainly don't hesitate to belittle my opinion by flagging it this way, if I follow this overall logic.

I'm definitly done with this topic, said all I had to say. But since I was almost done with this answer, might as well finish it.

Archived