Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "We dislike conservation" club

ixidron92

17 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I'm not gonna write a full paragraphe every time to sugar coat what I'm saying to strangers on the internet.

You don't need to, just have the self awareness to accept that you weren't expressing your opinion respectfully, and can't claim as such when criticised for it.

asks us to do something else than the og gameplay. Yes, only conservation was originally brought up

That's because conservation is the problem. Mining and fish resources can be accrued through regular play, whether it's vaults or random pillars. That is diversity, having the ability to get the resources through multiple means.

Conservation tags are only gotten one way, and are required to progress with the faction, unlike with previous factions where it was a side activity.

You can continue trying to make out it's to do with all activities, but you are wrong both logically and morally for reasons outlined above.

And you and others certainly don't hesitate to belittle my opinion by flagging it this way, if I follow this overall logic.

You are not following the logic. I took the time to type a paragraph sugar coating what I wanted to say so as to ensure it could not be perceived as such. Essentially throwing my words back at me, despite the vastly different tones in our posts, is a cop out.

Plus, even if this were the case, it would be nothing more than a taste of your own medicine, and you'd have no room to complain.

il y a une heure, DeMonkey a dit :

You don't need to, just have the self awareness to accept that you weren't expressing your opinion respectfully, and can't claim as such when criticised for it.

That's because conservation is the problem. Mining and fish resources can be accrued through regular play, whether it's vaults or random pillars. That is diversity, having the ability to get the resources through multiple means.

Conservation tags are only gotten one way, and are required to progress with the faction, unlike with previous factions where it was a side activity.

You can continue trying to make out it's to do with all activities, but you are wrong both logically and morally for reasons outlined above.

You are not following the logic. I took the time to type a paragraph sugar coating what I wanted to say so as to ensure it could not be perceived as such. Essentially throwing my words back at me, despite the vastly different tones in our posts, is a cop out.

Plus, even if this were the case, it would be nothing more than a taste of your own medicine, and you'd have no room to complain.

I already admitted that it wasn't the classier way to put it, and I never claimed otherwise.

But now you're confusing the game making you do diverse activities and the game rewarding you with diverse rewards for doing essentialy the same activity. But I see where you're coming from, thank you for presenting some arguments other than "it's not exactly what I said".

It should never have been in the faction path, like Vallis.  If there was a side seep from the other activities, it would be fine.  Fact of the matter is Grandma will continue to punish you for ignoring it and if I could ignore it completely, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice because I dislike conservation that much. However, You cannot ignore it because of the rank up requirements.  That was a mistake.  (I'm overlooking the MR from the pets for sake of argument focus, but I'm not happy about that either.)

I advocate for REMOVAL of son tokens from grandma (make them worth 750) and REMOVAL of conservation activities from the progression path.

Just because its not experimental anymore doesn't mean it was time to add it.  Its silly, non combat, and now non optional.  The birds are still bugged for crying out loud.

I certainly do not enjoy it, and never really have.

When it was introduced with Orb Vallis I played around with it a bit but it was so poorly explained, so twitchy, and so tedious that I just stopped. Bolarolas can only be shot in the belly, but they never expose it to shoot. Sawgaws that seem to fly in from the exact opposite direction they call from, then see you (since you're looking the wrong way) and fly off before you can do anything. Stovers that spawn right on top of the call point. Pobbers that dont react to getting shot.... it was terrible. Not to mention the mobs always spawning and screwing up your hunts. OV is still the most terrible place to do conservation. Worse than Deimos, in my opinion.

When they expanded conservation to the Plains it wasn't so terrible, mainly because the animals there are mostly free-roaming. We didn't have hunts (initially) so free-roaming was all there was, but that was okay. You can more easily spot animals from a distance and sneak up on them, rather than wait for an animal of unknown (random) variety to come to you after you call. Then they added the hunts and it was more or less OV 2.0. Except, you could hunt at night when the Grineer were asleep, allowing you to focus more on the hunt instead of constant bombardment from mobs.

Hunting on Deimos isn't all that bad as it's a much smaller map overall. Like Plains, most of the animals are free-roaming so you dont have to constantly start a hunt. Which is good, because like OV (and unlike Plains) there is no 'down-time' when the infested go away so you can hunt/mine/fish in peace. I have earned and spent a decent sum of tags for most of the animals: enough that I have most of the floofs already. Less-so for the rarer breeds but by far the least I have is for Avichaeas. Those things either have an incredibly low spawn chance, or they are so damnably small that they're just impossible to see. And that's saying something because I can spot the little cryptillex bugs fairly reliably. I've never seen the ultra-rare Medjay Predasite or Panzer Vulpaphyla out in the wild: I've only found a single Medjay and that was with a hunt and a bait. No Panzer yet.

The main problem people have with conservation, it seems, is the fact that it is required to rank up with the Entrati. "Warframe is a looter/shooter, not PETA/Greenpeace Simulator" they say, and that's not an irrational opinion. Bearing that in mind, perhaps conservation should have been left as a sideshow. An alternative way to gain standing if you want to, much like Otak is. You dont have to get Otak tokens. Yeah, you'll need some of the various minerals in order to make things, but you can get those from Obelisks and Iso Vaults: you don't have to actively mine and you certainly dont have to trade for his tokens. It's optional. Daughter is the same: you dont have to engage with her at all if you dont want to, and you can get fish parts via vaults and such. Father is braindead-easy to get tokens from

Though, I personally think it wouldn't be so controversial if the system actually worked reasonably well and the required animals were easy to get. Common Avichaea are anything but 'common' in my experience, and I had to bait out a Medjay Predisite instead of being able to find one wild. It should be changed to Sly Vulpaphyla tags and Vizier Predasite tags. Those things are easy to find and I think most players would tolerate it long enough to get past the hump given that ease. However, some people just do not want to engage with the conservation system at all, and I can understand that.

I dont like conservation. I fully admit that up front. However, I do continue to engage with it as required because I've got a soft spot for floofs and want to get a complete set for my orbiter. Just a few more tags for a few more creatures and I'll be done with that system, never to engage with it again unless I absolutely must. Hopefully the outcry against this will make DE heavily reconsider the idea of conservation come Duviri, if such was even being considered.

I sorta find the hypocrisy funny.

Quills rep and Arcanes locked behind Eidolons. "It's fine everyone should enjoy that content it is so easy they should get with the program or quit."

Entrati rep and rewards locked behind conservation (which is far easier than Eidolon progression). "This is completely wrong this has to stop now!"

I.E. "It is fine when other people are forced to partake in content they don't enjoy, but when it happens to me it is wrong, despicable, and evil."

Archived