Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That was it? Few questions can someone explain for me.

(PSN)Mofojokers

1. What was the heart exactly and why are we tied to its power. It's some sort of gate to the void but if it closes we all lose void magic?.

2. Who was controlling the mech?.

3. Why did our Tenno not talk at all esp when we got zapped on heart close?.

Loved the expac so far but shame the story was so quick i only just woke up and finished it before my 2nd coffee lol.

Meet family

See heart die

Restart heart

GG?

Guessing more story regarding all this is hidden still with the rep grind maybe?.

Ps Loooooove the mechs DE!

Ps alot of the interactions with the family were broken for me as well.

I'd love to answer however most times out of 10 my dialogue bugged out, so the npc would stop talking mid sentence while still explaining something 😕

Spoiler

However, Apparently the Grandmother had to do something about it... perhaps she was the one behind the heart being disrupted? I have no idea

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Dainotu said:

I'd love to answer however most times out of 10 my dialogue bugged out, so the npc would stop talking mid sentence while still explaining something 😕

Reveal hidden contents

However, Apparently the Grandmother had to do something about it... perhaps she was the one behind the heart breaking? I have no idea

Yeah alot of it was broken for me as well. I would really love to know what grandmother and sister said.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

1. What was the heart exactly and why are we tied to its power. It's some sort of gate to the void but if it closes we all lose void magic?.

This is just from what I understand so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Mother quotes the heart as the arteries connecting the "here" (origin system) and the void.
So what I'm getting is that it basically channels the void energy all across the origin system and we 

Spoiler

the operators

get to harness it.

Think of it as a beacon of sorts.

Spoiler

2. I believe grandmother was pulling all the strings to get the family back together.

Spoiler

3. I'm gonna assume it's cuz Deimos can be accessed by new players too so Operators are still a secret

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Seems we'll need to rank up to get the concrete lore, but it appears to be the means by which void energy is brought into the Material world to be used. Consequently, if it closes, so too does the void energy dry up, and that includes Solar Rails and the like from sounds of it.

It's unclear whether this extends to the Tenno themselves, although given that they could still use Transference which is a void phenomena, it's likely they don't rely on the heart, and it simply wasn't offline long enough for us to twig that.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

It's heavily implied to be Grandmother.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

They don't in most quests, and it's implied by the quest's placement on the starchart that it takes place pre-second dream, although the lack of Lotus dialogue means it could be anywhere in the timeline.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Loved the expac so far but shame the story was so quick i only just woke up and finished it before my 2nd coffee lol.

Meet family

See heart die

Restart heart

GG?

Guessing more story regarding all this is hidden still with the rep grind maybe?.

Ps Loooooove the mechs DE!

Ps alot of the interactions with the family were broken for me as well.

Want lore? In two years DE will come back to this and since everything has changed, they just pull something out of left field. Of course, never going to actually explain anything, not to mention that there would be any consistency or sense. Of course there are many implications on many things so the playerbase can speculate, and that is it. Pretty sad that they are fine with that. And so we have warframe "lore".

7 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

I would really love to know what grandmother and sister said.

this is why I play with Subtitles. even if the dialogue glitches, what they're supposed to say is still visible on screen. also helps when characters have thick accents.

after playing the quest, my best answers are:

Spoiler

- the heart itself is some kind of "Anchor", which keeps the void in check and ensures that a cataclysmic event doesn't occur. basically if the heart stops, not only do we lose our power, but the Void would become unstable and start destroying planets and such, maybe. the Entrati kept treating it like a possible Apocalypse scenario, so maybe this is true.

- at first I though it was Son who was piloting the mech, because he's actually mroe on the side of the infested, even outright saying we should "let them win" at one point, so i figured it was him trying to stop us. but this proved to be incorrect when he started helping the others prepare to restart the Heart. Nechramechs are essentially Entrati warriors that were killed, and then had their corpses integrated into the mech, so it was likely one of these warriors, but why anyone would want the heart to stop, I'm not sure, unless somehow maybe the Infested Hive-Mind took over whoever was the pilot? or maybe it's just as simple as the Necramech being damaged and thinking it was protecting the Heart from the Tenno. 

- as for why we were mute during the quest, I'm guessing DE wanted the Entrati to have the limelight, particularly with Loid/Otak. a lot of people have mentioned in the past how cringe some of our Operator's dialogue is, so it may have been for those people's benefit. personally I don't think we missed out on anything by them not speaking, I kinda like our silent demeanor, it reminds me of before Second Dream, when we still fondly thought of ourselves as bada$$ ninja operatives instead of kids poweing a Void-powered killer puppet.

Archived