Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, Son Tokens, and ranking up

Leyers_of_facade

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Try reducing your sodium intake, it's affecting your ability to read and comprehend. They were saying that you don't need specific animals for the tokens because the requests rotate fairly often. 

That's why they said:

Ok but listen. You are FORCED to collect SPECIFIC ANIMAL TAGS, right? Still with me? To RANK UP. not to get son tokens. But to rank up the standing level from 2 to 3. You have specific, required creatures. What part of that are you not gettting?

21 hours ago, NanoVega said:

Ok but listen. You are FORCED to collect SPECIFIC ANIMAL TAGS, right? Still with me? To RANK UP. not to get son tokens. But to rank up the standing level from 2 to 3. You have specific, required creatures. What part of that are you not gettting?

Oh I'm getting it, it's just that it's nowhere near the big deal you're trying to make it out to be. They pointed out that they and members of their Clan had collected their tags well before getting to the point where they needed them without having to go hunting for a specific target, by just wandering around. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh I'm getting it, it's just that it's nowhere near the big deal you're trying to make it out to be. They pointed out that they and members of their Clan had collected their tags well before getting to the point where they needed them without having to go hunting for a specific target, by just wandering around. 

And you better start checking your blood pressure. Cardiovascular disease is no joke. 

your stupid jokes are pathetic dude, seriously. I'm using capitalized letters to try and emphasize the point. But here's the problem. Them saying they have "Tons of Clan mates who are doing it soooo easyyy duuude." is basically as well foundationed as me saying 

"Haaa I have like, trillions of dollars, and I toootally bought DE and am forcing them to do this stuff to troll players."

See the problem? It's anecdotal. And shouldd be entirely dismissed. Fact is, I can show you pictures of me having played this open world for the 8 hours. and I've only come across 3 of those birds you need for the rank up. The funny part is, when I tranqed those birds, they fell in a field of infested grass, and  I could only manage to find 1. It's painfully stupid to require capturing them to rank up.

10 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

your stupid jokes are pathetic dude, seriously. I'm using capitalized letters to try and emphasize the point. But here's the problem. Them saying they have "Tons of Clan mates who are doing it soooo easyyy duuude." is basically as well foundationed as me saying 

"Haaa I have like, trillions of dollars, and I toootally bought DE and am forcing them to do this stuff to troll players."

See the problem? It's anecdotal. And shouldd be entirely dismissed. Fact is, I can show you pictures of me having played this open world for the 8 hours. and I've only come across 3 of those birds you need for the rank up. The funny part is, when I tranqed those birds, they fell in a field of infested grass, and  I could only manage to find 1. It's painfully stupid to require capturing them to rank up.

Ah but you can always ask for a demonstration of the claim. It's easy to demonstrate either of the claims to be true. I'm guessing that one of you will probably be able to provide evidence to support your claim and the other will appear to have just made crap up. 

At which point you will be entirely dismissed, as you suggest above, should be the case. 

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's an understatement, won't fix it, cuz they don't want their content going sterile 

Funny thing is people will force themselves to grind through to helminth most likely then bail.

IN 6 months they will put a catch up mechanism that will make most of this obsolete.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ah but you can always ask for a demonstration of the claim. It's easy to demonstrate either of the claims to be true. I'm guessing that one of you will probably be able to provide evidence to support your claim and the other will appear to have just made crap up. 

At which point you will be entirely dismissed, as you suggest above, should be the case. 

Can't prove that his clan mates are actually even his clanmates if they say so here, or even if they show pictures, which can be doctored. Its all as dismiss-able evidence as much as me being a billionaire, unfortunately. Honestly, I think you're a child, and your input hasn't in any way been useful. So as much fun as it has been shutting you down, I think it's time for me to stop feeding the troll. Have a good life.

Just now, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

High trade in cost for son tokens is my only issue.  Dont mind specifics, but the son tokens requiring 5 tags?  Come on.

Its clearly imbalanced when compared to the other token sets.

Certain tags aren't too terrible to come by, but the rank up from 2 to 3 requiring 5 Achivea seems ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

This!

And it is a big F'n deal.

It's killed my interested in this game considerably.

This is not the game I was presented at tennocon, which mind you had me extremely hype.

Now hype has turned into borderline hate and a rise in blood pressure. I took 2 Benadryl just to try to fall asleep last night cuz I've been so vexed.

I hate the son. I hate the forced implement needed to progress on a looter shooter. My interest in the game is almost gone. This is like finding out on your wedding night that your spouse has screwed your best mate and filmed it to show your family. 

I'm livid bro.  Scroll through reddit. They are livid.  So far this is Dai Mos disappointing thing of this update.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Absoluteboxer said:

This!

And it is a big F'n deal.

It's killed my interested in this game considerably.

This is not the game I was presented at tennocon, which mind you had me extremely hype.

Now hype has turned into borderline hate and a rise in blood pressure. I took 2 Benadryl just to try to fall asleep last night cuz I've been so vexed.

I hate the son. I hate the forced implement needed to progress on a looter shooter. My interest in the game is almost gone. This is like finding out on your wedding night that your spouse has screwed your best mate and filmed it to show your family. 

I'm livid bro.  Scroll through reddit. They are livid.  So far this is Dai Mos disappointing thing of this update.

Then don't play it. Imagine having to grind in a grinding game. Perhaps this isn't the kind of game for you and you'd be happier playing something else.

14 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

Can't prove that his clan mates are actually even his clanmates if they say so here, or even if they show pictures, which can be doctored. Its all as dismiss-able evidence as much as me being a billionaire, unfortunately. Honestly, I think you're a child, and your input hasn't in any way been useful. So as much fun as it has been shutting you down, I think it's time for me to stop feeding the troll. Have a good life.

You're refusal to consider not dismissing evidence that differs from what you claim, is telling. 

Personally I don't really care if you think that I'm a child because you are obviously not thinking in a logical way. 

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Then don't play it. Imagine having to grind in a grinding game. Perhaps this isn't the kind of game for you and you'd be happier playing something else.

Dude I been playing this game for years. So has my entire clan and crew. All in Mr 20+ who have also put in it dues with plat (that stuff which pays de)

Ok I'll restart. I love the lore. I love the visual asthetic. I like the new necramech. I love the vaults.   I like grinding the bounties (as we did with the two previous open worlds).  Being forcefed conservation has made all of us salty at. So your advice to the many of the ticked off ppl or this NEW unwarranted grind is to stop playing oppose to voicing our opinion.

The Son tokens are Hell itself. The rest of the tokens are fine in my opinion.

Fishing for Daughter tokens is easy, you get lots of the materials you need for Loid, Otak tokens and Father tokens from vaults, you can check Grandmother regularly for deals that only require Mother tokens, and bounties are very generous with Mother tokens.You can stockpile them in advance for your next daily cap reset as well, which is neat.

The worst part of the update is definitely Scintilla never dropping from bounties, and the absurd grind for Son tokens with abysmal rates and tedious conservation riddled with glitches.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

The Son tokens are Hell itself. The rest of the tokens are fine in my opinion.

Fishing for Daughter tokens is easy, you get lots of the materials you need for Loid, Otak tokens and Father tokens from vaults, you can check Grandmother regularly for deals that only require Mother tokens, and bounties are very generous with Mother tokens.You can stockpile them in advance for your next daily cap reset as well, which is neat.

The worst part of the update is definitely Scintilla never dropping from bounties, and the absurd grind for Son tokens with abysmal rates and tedious conservation riddled with glitches.

This.

The son tokens are hell. And the rewards don't match the grind.  

Hell if you could put the little critters in your dojo or oribiter in a zoo or free roam it would def sway my opinion on it (like monster hunter does, but is fun and not a requirement for story progression)

46 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

Yeah sure, it's anecdotal, and the Clan is small, so not exactly a large sample size. What also helped is that we were in a squad, so more eyes for spotting animals, and yeah, especially the birds.

Anyway, I don't think these guys are as rare Emperor Condrocs, and you can definitely find 2 group spawns of those while doing 71K rep in missions, but whatevs.

Just now, Angwah said:

Yeah sure, it's anecdotal, and the Clan is small, so not exactly a large sample size. What also helped is that we were in a squad, so more eyes for spotting animals, and yeah, especially the birds.

Anyway, I don't think these guys are as rare Emperor Condrocs, and you can definitely find 2 group spawns of those while doing 71K rep in missions.

I haven't been so lucky, unfortunately. But even when I was playing with a squad, I could capture a creature with my friend right next to me and he would get the capture as well, and vice versa. So Even working together has been bust.

26 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

We both have been playing this game for a long time and surely you do remember how updates were in the past? Multiple events back to back with story and replayablility with a lot of them sticking as game modes for new planets even to this day.

Deimos is a grind island where the grand price is a toy you get to use when you've done everything already to get to it. There's a lot of improvements to the grind formula like stashable standing with tokens, but I hope you can see how the grind is a lot more shallow than before.

If I wanted to play a grinding game just for the grind then cookie clicker would be the best game on the market.

Warframe is a grindy space ninja action game, where the open worlds really don't allow for taking advantage of said ninja playstyle that well, I find myself staying still a lot more in the open worlds than any of the starchart missions and the open worlds don't even have rewards outside weapons and frames that come out of it.

Second Dream/War Within had a completely new and upgradeable way to play to bring to all other missions.

Plains of Eidolon buffed them with AMPs and easy to aquire arcanes for other content. + custom melee weapons.

Fortuna gave us access to a weapon type from a dead gamemode into all other content (through a miserable grind though) and more custom weapons and companions

But Deimos is completely locked in a bubble of old, there are companions and weapons to be had, but the big new things are obsolete before you get to it. Helminth is a band-aid for a couple of frames and can't be used for anything actually unique, and to get a Necramech you need to do everything you would use one for before you get it.

So yes, for one I am happier for not going through such a useless and unfun grind that does not improve my experience outside the grind.

And I don't think either of us would be here if we didn't like the game, the difference is that the other wants the game to stay and succeed while you push away others happily even though it means the game will die because of it, you can't grind in a grinding game if the game goes offline, and a game loop this out of touch with the game will cause that in the long run.

Honestly conservation isnt that bad as long as you ignore the the actual 'find the poop, follow the tracks, lure it out, tranqu the animal' mechanic.

The fastest and easiest way is to just do circles around the map while looking down your tranqu rifle scope every few seconds and listening for it to beep. Once it beeps look around for the animal/s to get highlighted and tranqu them.

I did that for maybe 2-3 hours and got more than enough tags to get everything i needed for rank 3.

6 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

Honestly conservation isnt that bad as long as you ignore the the actual 'find the poop, follow the tracks, lure it out, tranqu the animal' mechanic.

The fastest and easiest way is to just do circles around the map while looking down your tranqu rifle scope every few seconds and listening for it to beep. Once it beeps look around for the animal/s to get highlighted and tranqu them.

I did that for maybe 2-3 hours and got more than enough tags to get everything i needed for rank 3.

I've been trying that and have only found 1 Achivea, I think you're the outlier with the luck of the draw, unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, Lichformed said:

I'd honestly buy the Necramech in order to use it on Deimos to do all this hunting and fishing and bounties and stuff if I could, but that's literally locked even if I wanted to pay money to have it, so I totally feel your sentiment. 

I usually tend to buy the new warfrfame and use that new warframe to farm out another one, leading to me having to of each which I can no conveniently feed to Helminth since I didn't buy potatoes for them.

Thing is, it should never have been made mandatory any way.

I hate spy missions, I can progress by being a tag along where they are demanded.

I loathe conservation- just don't have the mindset? That's cool I can mine or fish and compensate.

Demos? Don't like fishing? Tough you gonna. Don't like conservation? still, have too.

It's no longer giving the basic freedom to choose what we do.

13 hours ago, Knickey said:

-snip-

But not everyone play Warframe for "hunting", Warframe is massive shooting/ action game to begin with. Hunting should be side option to farm for those that like that type of farming.
Its shouldn't be part of the core content. Even for Nightwave you had the option to skip it.

You will see many people complain about it, simply because we are "forced" to do it.

Archived