Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, Son Tokens, and ranking up

Leyers_of_facade

27 minutes ago, (PS4)CyberBikerLtd said:

It took about a month of an hour a night of ESO to unlock all my 1M nodes. 1 hour maxes your daily. I did that and farmed the 2 vandal weapons at the same time.

Steel path survivals  also can max daily focus in about an hour

but I got to choose how I accomplished that which is the point.

You kinda can in this too, seeing as tokens rotate you can just buy the ones that are really common to get tags for. I've stumbled on about 20 of the common type ones just while in bounties. You're only forced to hunt rares if you want to max it straight away.

58 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fair enough I can respect your opinion I just honestly don't mind slowing down after each bounty and catching some animals, it's a very pretty landscape. I'm not doing lures or anything just whatever I stumble across when I'm not farming vaults.

Ever play destiny 2?  I could link you a grind for a gun that makes people’s jaw drop.  But it’s also a grind that involves the core mechanics of D2, it’s not some silly mini game completely separated from the core combat loop, and that’s the crux of the issue.  People don’t mind grinding.  They want a fun grind however, one that involves shooting and swording.  Not playing some bad Pokémon ripoff.  

Personally I’m going to take this crazy slow and log off to play something fun when I get frustrated.  
it sucks because I really planned on returning to warframe for this patch but now I’m kinda... “ehhh.”

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

From reading most of the comments it seems as if people want to rank up standing the fastest way possible and since it's not as fast as they'd like they complain about it. I mean really? It's going to take you a few days longer? Oh God forbid something actually takes time. Man these people must have an annoying experience flying somewhere. I mean that S#&$ takes hours and there's litterally nothing you can do about it.

It's not that it takes a few days longer. It is that it is set up in a way that gives you no choice in the way you play (but you must play if you want to, you know, play anything new in the game) combined with the fact that you must play in a way hat has nothing to do with the concept of Warframe.  It's space ninja shooter, not big game simulator frame.  People who want to play 30 hours hunting will play a game like RDR2 because in that game, hunting is a natural inclusion of the game.  But in WF, hunting animals does not tie in at all.  

It's like playing Red Dead, walking into a saloon and calling out black Bart and the bartender hands you a basket of laundry and tells you before you can earn a gun to shoot back Bart, you must first wash 34 loads of whites, 23 loads of colors, and iron all the wrinkles out...and clean out the lint catcher.  

The kicker in all this is that people are frustrated that the ONE BIG thing they wanted and we're genuinely interested in from this update is locked behind this mandatory layer of chores(which has little to nothing to do with tranquilizing 100 animals).  

Let's be honest, if this update didn't require all this to get to Helminth, people wouldn't bother.  That tells you A LOT. And why does it?  Because the Helminth part is fun and new and exciting while the other stuff is stuff we have done a million times before, just with a different skin and names.  We are tired of it.  And, to be honest, this backfires ultimately on DE because people will ditch it very quickly.  And because it is such a grind and so random, people don't take the time to really slowly play and enjoy and appreciate the nice world they built.  Instead, everyone just blitz's through it to get through it, like swallowing bitter medicine to get it moved with and move on to the goodpart.

If DE didn't try to legislate our choices, they wouldn't be left with all the bad feedback and dead world's in a few weeks.  But with this launch,it's inevitable. They will be.  

41 minutes ago, OmegaDonut said:

Ever play destiny 2?  I could link you a grind for a gun that makes people’s jaw drop.  But it’s also a grind that involves the core mechanics of D2, it’s not some silly mini game completely separated from the core combat loop, and that’s the crux of the issue.  People don’t mind grinding.  They want a fun grind however, one that involves shooting and swording.  Not playing some bad Pokémon ripoff.  

Personally I’m going to take this crazy slow and log off to play something fun when I get frustrated.  
it sucks because I really planned on returning to warframe for this patch but now I’m kinda... “ehhh.”

That sort of grind hasn't been a thing for years mate. Unless you consider spamming 1 ability for hours a fun grind. It is what it is, either you take it slow or you power through it.

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

From reading most of the comments it seems as if people want to rank up standing the fastest way possible and since it's not as fast as they'd like they complain about it. I mean really? It's going to take you a few days longer? Oh God forbid something actually takes time. Man these people must have an annoying experience flying somewhere. I mean that S#&$ takes hours and there's litterally nothing you can do about it.

I hazard it is about where that time is spent, not that the time is spent.

7 minutes ago, Aderahl said:

This is ridiculously boring.

Maybe I should just give up on Warframe permanently. It seems DE has no intention of ever turn this game into a good shooter. So much wasted potential.

Actually it was years ago. But the constant whining over the years has made everything incredibly casual, people basically want every new thing right away and that kills content longevity. And DE are largely to blame there as well for constantly prioritising money over sticking to their guns on content difficulty.

22 hours ago, Knickey said:

What I guess people didn't learn from when conservation in Plains of Eidolon

What people LEARNT is that "conservation" is terrible and have learnt to avoid it entirely.

Now we're forced to do it because DE thinks everyone has to do things they hate just to make sure the progress through their empty new micro "open world" is even somewhat slowed.

i don't mind grinding, but I would really rather not be forced to do conservation.  It is my least favorite of all the side-activities in the entire game.  You want to gate rank 3 behind something?  Let me trade Grandmother tokens at 10 to 1 for son tokens.  I would happily embrace the added grind for things I like doing to avoid the one I despise.

Just now, DancingJoker said:

i don't mind grinding, but I would really rather not be forced to do conservation.  It is my least favorite of all the side-activities in the entire game.  You want to gate rank 3 behind something?  Let me trade Grandmother tokens at 10 to 1 for son tokens.  I would happily embrace the added grind for things I like doing to avoid the one I despise.

I honestly haven't touched a lure yet, I've just been catching what I see in between running missions there and I have a bit so far. That's a casual way you can do it and get it done. I'll probably get properly stuck into the lures bit after work today. Just an option.

23 hours ago, Knickey said:

I keep seeing people complain about conservation and lures but I ranked up *before* the hotfix

What I guess people didn't learn from when conservation in Plains of Eidolon that is now in Heart of Deimos is that you don't need lures at all. All the animals spawn on the map naturally in packs of three (with the exception of the Cryptilex which can spawn alone or in pairs) so you can very easily just circle round the map in your Archwing with the tranq out listening for the beeping and easily rack up large amounts of tags at various rarities.

As for the tokens themselves beware that not all are created equal. Sometimes you can have 1 token require the same amount of tags as 2 or 3 tokens, so be observant as you buy and maybe hold off.

I hope this post helps the large amount of people who don't know how this system has changed since Fortuna. That's not on them, it's on DE for not explaining mechanics to people.

Attached picture is pre hotfix Ppm4ZD6.png

Is it really that easy?

18 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

18 hours ago, Void_Ocelot said:

This decision to make conservation part of rep progression gives me pause. Makes me wonder if I am the demo DE is aiming to entertain. I know I don't enjoy it. I can only speak for myself.

Same here. Was waiting for Helminth to drop to have some fun here and there. Now I won't be able to reach R3 at all, because I'm not the type of person to play a game that bores me and Conservation is extremely painful to do if you're colorblind (and it seems worse than ever in Deimos as everything here have the same tint colors my eyes can't detect).

As Helminth will be forever (let's be honest here, they won't remove Son from existence) inaccessible and I couldn't care less about the Necramech thing, there is absolutely nothing new for players like me in this update.

16 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Can you not continue to play the game the way you did just last week without completing this? Open worlds are optional and so are their content.

Oh come on guy, please stop with this weak-af argument. At this point I swear DE could implement a 800$ paywall upon crafting any Warframe that you'd be here telling people "but you don't NEED to pay right ? nobody points a gun to your head !!!".

That's literally the weakest and most useless argument of all internet discussions about videogames (on par with "you want challenge ? then play without stuff, bare-feet and with your screens off !). Stop doing that. Really.

Yeah that was a hour, maybe two hour session with a couple of friends just flying in circles round the map. Since then I've only really been shooting velocipods if I see them on the way between objectives and I have had no problem building a stack of 53 Son Tokens.

The next hotfix will be making the creatures easier to see with the tranq gun.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Actually it was years ago. But the constant whining over the years has made everything incredibly casual, people basically want every new thing right away and that kills content longevity. And DE are largely to blame there as well for constantly prioritising money over sticking to their guns on content difficulty.

Why do idiots keep associating “a grind I don’t want to do” with “I don’t want to grind.”   If I could grind a damn Redrix (look it up) I can stomach a grind.  But forcing this Pokémon crap is not a good, entertaining grind.  What DE should do is replace son/daughter/second uncle once removed tokens for ranking up with grandma tokens.  Then there is still your precious grind but we can at least pick how we want to go about it.  

On 2020-08-26 at 6:38 AM, Leyers_of_facade said:

I can only imagine how it is like for less experienced hunters as well as those that don't enjoy this minigame.

I personally have never bothered with the echo lure thing. and haven’t done a single of those in Fortuna.

I agree to make son tokens (as well as daughter, father, otek) more easily accessible, and I really dislike the whole idea of of hunting personally.

forcing me to experience this content is and was a really bad decision in my opinion..

that all being said..

it wasn’t all to bad. I finished the grind for rank 3 materials in about 4 hours of gameplay, got my bird tokens, the dog token(bought 1 of those increase rarity things) and 10 son tokens. It was annoying, but quite easy to achieve 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Glitschig said:

It's not that it takes a few days longer. It is that it is set up in a way that gives you no choice in the way you play (but you must play if you want to, you know, play anything new in the game) combined with the fact that you must play in a way hat has nothing to do with the concept of Warframe.  It's space ninja shooter, not big game simulator frame.  People who want to play 30 hours hunting will play a game like RDR2 because in that game, hunting is a natural inclusion of the game.  But in WF, hunting animals does not tie in at all.  

It's like playing Red Dead, walking into a saloon and calling out black Bart and the bartender hands you a basket of laundry and tells you before you can earn a gun to shoot back Bart, you must first wash 34 loads of whites, 23 loads of colors, and iron all the wrinkles out...and clean out the lint catcher.  

The kicker in all this is that people are frustrated that the ONE BIG thing they wanted and we're genuinely interested in from this update is locked behind this mandatory layer of chores(which has little to nothing to do with tranquilizing 100 animals).  

Let's be honest, if this update didn't require all this to get to Helminth, people wouldn't bother.  That tells you A LOT. And why does it?  Because the Helminth part is fun and new and exciting while the other stuff is stuff we have done a million times before, just with a different skin and names.  We are tired of it.  And, to be honest, this backfires ultimately on DE because people will ditch it very quickly.  And because it is such a grind and so random, people don't take the time to really slowly play and enjoy and appreciate the nice world they built.  Instead, everyone just blitz's through it to get through it, like swallowing bitter medicine to get it moved with and move on to the goodpart.

If DE didn't try to legislate our choices, they wouldn't be left with all the bad feedback and dead world's in a few weeks.  But with this launch,it's inevitable. They will be.  

While I agree that the whole presentation of the content is not new and refreshing I actually enjoy playing it. And I think the main reason for that is because I don't do it because I'm grinding something. I'm just basically roaming around exploring and doing an odd bounty. You can do the other 3 things as you go. Also, I don't need the Helminth system tomorrow. I don't need it this week. I'll get it at some point. No need to actively hunt for things that way. Now people seem hellbent on this Helminth system and are now blinded towards the actual content because DE made a mistake of linking these things together. I think it may have been better if the Helminth system was hidden as a reward and not mentioned at all by DE. Or made a longer quest string and have the helminth system as a final reward. I also think that a lot of the content should be handled in actual quests with story. It's not that much of a change from how it is now, but at least with some guaranteed unlocks and a more fun experience for most. Hell you can even have a quest that involves conservation of a single rare animal, if presented well even you would enjoy that content.

That said, yes if you play this area simply for the grind to unlock something, then I think you're doing it in the least fun way. Because what I see the complainers say is basically: I have this wall of grind ahead to unluck X and part of this grind is something I don't like. So does this mean that the entire area has nothing to give you at any stage? Do you already have all the acolyte mods? I do not. Heck, I don't even have a single one. Do you already have Xaku? Is there nothing in this area you want to have going forward?

So stating that, then if there's really nothing for players to gain at any step save for a new frame and the helminth system and the gameplay is in essence no fun for people, then DE is either not paying attention to what their community needs, or your opinion is only shared by a small group that has a strong voice. Or both. Lol.

As I pointed out in other threads, I disagree with the open world setup. It's 100% the same as the other open worlds, but with different rewards. So much wasted potential. All of this stuff should be handled in quests with story progression. Make interactive quests on the Drift that you can participate in, add boss fights randomly. I don't know there's a multitiude of things you can do with this world, but DE chose the easy approach and copied the other areas. I don't agree with that approach at all.

2 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

Why do idiots keep associating “a grind I don’t want to do” with “I don’t want to grind.”   If I could grind a damn Redrix (look it up) I can stomach a grind.  But forcing this Pokémon crap is not a good, entertaining grind.  What DE should do is replace son/daughter/second uncle once removed tokens for ranking up with grandma tokens.  Then there is still your precious grind but we can at least pick how we want to go about it.  

Cheers, appreciate the name calling, enjoy your grind seeing as you can't remain civil.

Archived