Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, Son Tokens, and ranking up

Leyers_of_facade

9 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Thanks for the info mate 🙂

But I really, really don't want to try it at all and get frustrated. Conservation was always my nemesis due to colorblindness not allowing me to properly see tracks, so I prefer just give up about Helminth as a whole until they put the Segment in the market for 300 plats or whatever.

fair enough mate, best of luck. Loki invis can make the tracks a lot more visible if you have difficulty, I always just use Equinox for the sleep.

2 hours ago, VRHmason said:

Well then you have a really bad reading comprehension 

From what I've read people (including me) don't want to play catching animals...
Didn't read one thing about grind or time it takes to get something, people complain about activity they are forced to do.

People complain about content being locked behind stupid mini games nobody signed up for.

Sorry for not being clear. Not talking specifically about this topic. There's so much rage going on that I don't even know which topic complains about what anymore.

I don't usually mind the conservation - but this is a giant buggy mess. 3 out the last 4 spots I just checked did not have the pile of crap where the marker says it should be. I clicked on one earlier and the tracks never showed up. I finally got an animal to appear and it was instantly killed by infested. This is not fun.

Son tokens ain't that hard to get really. It's not much different from other animal captures. You go out there, cap some animals, and come back for Son. Then repeat if you don't have enough of the right ones. Variety is the key, cap different animals and sometimes use pheromones or whatever they are that boost the rare animal appearing chance. Roaming in stealth around rivers and whatnot and looking around is relaxing and you have a chance to encounter capturable animals. I did a bit of that and got over half my animals that way, rough estimate.

Now Scintillant and certain mining mineral farm are an actual pain right now, but that's another story for another topic.

55 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

But I really, really don't want to try it at all and get frustrated. Conservation was always my nemesis due to colorblindness not allowing me to properly see tracks, so I prefer just give up about Helminth as a whole until they put the Segment in the market for 300 plats or whatever.

People been saying, don't track 'em on foot. The current suggestion is to float around in an archwing and use the tranq gun to find them by sound instead. Then it'll come down to pattern recognition. 

I feel for you though, my color vision is about average (for a male) and following the tracks on OV wasn't always easy. With everything going on in Deimos, I don't know what effect it'll have on your ability to see the tracks (dunno how much contrast there'll be for you since I haven't tried to track them properly yet). 

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

People been saying, don't track 'em on foot. The current suggestion is to float around in an archwing and use the tranq gun to find them by sound instead. Then it'll come down to pattern recognition. 

I feel for you though, my color vision is about average (for a male) and following the tracks on OV wasn't always easy. With everything going on in Deimos, I don't know what effect it'll have on your ability to see the tracks (dunno how much contrast there'll be for you since I haven't tried to track them properly yet). 

Give Loki invis a go if you have difficulty seeing the tracks, it lights them up.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Or you could find a friend who'd be willing to do that for you, or just a random someone, and give them something in return if you want to make it a fair trade. I've boosted an animal capture or two and it's not always successful, I don't always have the patience to explain how you should be there when you're boosted and then have a cap or three fail anyways for non-bug related reasons. But still, it is a viable option for those willing to go through with it.

If you go there to be boosted, need to stay in affinity range I think (50m (or 75m with Vazarin focus perk)) when the animal gets captured. You can mark the animal before taking the tranq or sleep shot, so that you have time to get there before the cap happens. But that's not necessary if you have Ivara or maybe Loki or even Ash. Hell, Wukong's 2nd makes you invisible too so that too should work. The point is to be out of animal's sight until the animal sleeps, and that either is not always necessary, not with some animals.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/722898529

a small guide how to grind the freaking bird, also she almost always hovers above this cerebrum structure after the call  - so just fly up there and try to catch it as soon as she falls, or she might get lost in geometry

a bugged out task like this should never be a progression stopper, DE has to fix this or just remove this requirement

The Avichaea birds are definitly the worst. Even with a 4k monitor, their size is so small and their color matching the areas, making them difficult

to track and find. But, i evenutaly figured it out why they are so hard to find. Check this image

R9HZjsD.jpg

If you cant find the birds, check this area where they usual spawn. There is a big chance that they are located there, either inside that marked area, or inside the blobs (The Tranq Gun cant penetrate the blobs, but Ivara's Sleep arrow's AOE can).

9 hours ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

The Avichaea birds are definitly the worst. Even with a 4k monitor, their size is so small and their color matching the areas, making them difficult

to track and find. But, i evenutaly figured it out why they are so hard to find. Check this image

R9HZjsD.jpg

If you cant find the birds, check this area where they usual spawn. There is a big chance that they are located there, either inside that marked area, or inside the blobs (The Tranq Gun cant penetrate the blobs, but Ivara's Sleep arrow's AOE can).

Can I just say that is one BEAUTIFUL resolution you have mate.

9 hours ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

Why thank you .w.

this lass needs a good resolution to look at butts, and ofcorse finding those pesky birds that defy physics.

haha indeed 😄 I found them quite easy to get through lures to be honest, just pick the tracks in the middle of the map not on the edge cos currently that one is bugged.

13 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

From reading most of the comments it seems as if people want to rank up standing the fastest way possible and since it's not as fast as they'd like they complain about it. I mean really? It's going to take you a few days longer? Oh God forbid something actually takes time. Man these people must have an annoying experience flying somewhere. I mean that S#&$ takes hours and there's litterally nothing you can do about it.

I don't necessarily hate the time it takes, I've been playing warframe for years and know stuff takes time.

My and I'm sure some others main issue is when it's required to do conservation for one specific thing and DE don't even do the due diligence of bug testing to see if that specific thing spawns. Maybe it's on purpose to drag it all out longer or maybe it's an honest mistake but it's bad design either way and does need fixing, son tokens are annoying but I think the more reasonable of us can live with that.

37 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

R9HZjsD.jpg

This is great that you provided, but it is absolutely horrible game design. We are calling the animals, yet we have to hunt them down invisible through environment? DE just needs to fix this S#&$. I don't mind doing conservation but when its broken as #*!%, or half of the animal i have to literally hunt down cause they died to some random infested at spawn location, is just silly

I haven't issues with the birds since all mine have thankfully been out in the open and easy to hear, then spot. On the other hand, i need 2 medjay predasite tags and they WON'T #*!%ING SPAWN. I have everything else i need to rank up 5 times over, but i'm locked out of ranking up because of this pure RNG garbage. on top of that, i cant buy a single son token because every #*!%ing token in the shop requires a random combination of sub-species tags that also refuse to spawn. CONSERVATION IS S#&$. WHY AM I FORCED INTO PLAYING THIS DUMB TRASH?
God I miss corridor shooter updates. 

4 minutes ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

This is great that you provided, but it is absolutely horrible game design. We are calling the animals, yet we have to hunt them down invisible through environment? DE just needs to fix this S#&$. I don't mind doing conservation but when its broken as #*!%, or half of the animal i have to literally hunt down cause they died to some random infested at spawn location, is just silly

It is indeed terrible. i dont mind long, long grinds as long as the game design is working nicely, but this spawning inside structures thing? Thats no fun.

I don't want to open a new thread, and this one fits the topic, so I'll just vent in here.

Few are the instances I've been legitimately mad at this game, all pale in comparison to the MANDATORY GODDAMN CONSERVATION bullS#&$ on this god forsaken map. Let's  leave out the fact that the tracking minigame is godawdul, boring, time consuming garbage that was fun for the first five minutes of Fortuna and then never again, at least for me, BUT LETS RAMP IT UP SHALL WE! Let's add aggressive as #*!% mobs that will snipe the animal you're tracking, killing it instantly. Let's add flying pieces of S#&$ that will endlessly harass you, as if those centipedes that shoot purple snot aren't enough. But hey, at least now you can fly around in your archwing, with the track gun out, listening to those beeps and hoping that you'll be able to spot the glowing silhouettes in the next 10 years, before the flying squids try and snipe you from the air again.

And that's not all! In comes Nora, with her witty #*!%ing remarks for the 100th goddamn time in 5 minutes, alerting me to the presence of the endlessly spawning glass pieces of S#&$, that will interrupt your hunt, making that rare pack of infested cats, that finally spawned, try and attack them, killing said cats instantly. Why???? Why is this glass bullS#&$ still hasn't ended? At least let me mute Nora, for god's sake.

Son's tokens are at an entire new level of bullS#&$ as well, but at least I have enough to rank up to 3. Can't wait to see the requirements for the next ranks.

Uhuh, I was lucky enough to find my birdies out in the open, but I tried some lures as well just to see what's up with it, and indeed, really needs to get looked at. 

The one at the edge is bugged, another one spawned no foot prints but at least you could find the lure spot in the yellow objective area, the one with the lure at the big orange blob will have the bird stuck somewhere in it, but Ivara sleep arrow can fix it at least. The third spot was fine.

Oh, and for some reason it was giving me both birdie and predasite lure spots even if I equipped the birdie one, and of course no way to know which one is which until you are at the poop. A bug that both were visible?

Anyway, on a brighter note, Resource booster works on tags, Smeeta too according to a Clan mate, but haven't verified myself.  

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Celimbor:

I don't want to open a new thread, and this one fits the topic, so I'll just vent in here.

Few are the instances I've been legitimately mad at this game, all pale in comparison to the MANDATORY GODDAMN CONSERVATION bullS#&$ on this god forsaken map. Let's  leave out the fact that the tracking minigame is godawdul, boring, time consuming garbage that was fun for the first five minutes of Fortuna and then never again, at least for me, BUT LETS RAMP IT UP SHALL WE! Let's add aggressive as #*!% mobs that will snipe the animal you're tracking, killing it instantly. Let's add flying pieces of S#&$ that will endlessly harass you, as if those centipedes that shoot purple snot aren't enough. But hey, at least now you can fly around in your archwing, with the track gun out, listening to those beeps and hoping that you'll be able to spot the glowing silhouettes in the next 10 years, before the flying squids try and snipe you from the air again.

And that's not all! In comes Nora, with her witty #*!%ing remarks for the 100th goddamn time in 5 minutes, alerting me to the presence of the endlessly spawning glass pieces of S#&$, that will interrupt your hunt, making that rare pack of infested cats, that finally spawned, try and attack them, killing said cats instantly. Why???? Why is this glass bullS#&$ still hasn't ended? At least let me mute Nora, for god's sake.

Son's tokens are at an entire new level of bullS#&$ as well, but at least I have enough to rank up to 3. Can't wait to see the requirements for the next ranks.

I FEEL YOU SO MUCH!

I don't mind having to do conversation, at least in principle, but on Daimos, this is the most unfun thing I've ever encountered. And a big part of that are those flying starfish things. I swear to god, every damn time I finally find some beasts to capture, I hear their little "AYYYYEEEEE", get grounded, and when I'm finally free to continue my buisness, my targets are usually gone or killed or whatever. And that happens  a LOT. I cannot be in the air for one goddamn minute without some pest attacking me. Getting captures is a drag, and when I finally go back to the son, I find I cannot even trade them for a single goddamn token because awwwww,. I'm not having a quadrillion of THIS rare subspecies! 

It's extremely frustrating.

Archived