Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, Son Tokens, and ranking up

Leyers_of_facade

Rank 3 : thanks DE I hate it.

I have seen over a dozen of pharaoh dogs, and only one medjay... after like 3h of hunting. I checked that I will be able to craft the Helminth.

I didn't play much this scat hunt mini game... on purpose.

Now that I have been forced to do it I don't want use the tranquil unless I can use it on the son to kidnapp him in my own helminth chamber and make him eat the scat all day long.

1 hour ago, Aazhyd said:

Son tokens aren't that hard to get. But the Avichae are a pain and should be changed by something easier. Definitely.

Say what?  I'll happily collect the one time targets, but son tokens are the worst.

I'm seeing turning in 6-12 tags for 1 token maybe 2 tokens.

And not just 12 of an animal, 12 of a specific variant.  So even if wasting my time wasn't enough, I need to suffer this buggy mess and then locating the animal only to find its a variant that does not help in the least.

What a complete waste of time.

On 2020-08-26 at 2:49 PM, Ikyr0 said:

it's just not happening. I'm not progressing my standing until they get rid of mandatory conservation. it's extremely silly. no Helminth for me until then I guess. 

Yeah, I feel you.

On 2020-08-26 at 6:16 AM, Stormhaven13 said:

I've gotten a ton of son tokens pretty much at random.

Is there other ways you can get Son Tokens?

You know what's nice? Those Medjay are supposed to be rare.

So I spent 1K standing on the lure.

And what did I see when I went outside?

A Medjay getting ganked by infested drones, ready to be picked up for free tags.

I didn't even need the frickin lure.

I want my standing back.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, I feel you.

Is there other ways you can get Son Tokens?

Unfortunately not in my experience, though I have heard rumors you can find them randomly in vaults, but I have not seen that myself. After playing a little more, I've decided they're definitely too expensive for what they give, but I believe one of the devs said they are decreasing the cost of Son tokens. I still think it is fair to have to do some of each of the open world activities to rank up, but getting the Son tokens is definitely way unbalanced compared to all of the others.

My advice to get them currently is to either just keep a close eye, and your tranq rifle, out during other missions, or to fly around the edges of the map, or the canyon. You'll get a decent amount of the infested dogs, cats, and k drives just in general, they're large and easy to spot. The birds and rat things are harder to come by, but they do spawn in groups around the world as well. The edges of the map are nice because when your rifle detects an animal is nearby you know its not behind you, and the canyon seems to have a lot of spawns for animals. I hope this helps, and that a balancing hotfix comes out soon!

It seemed difficult in the beginning , i will be honest.

but then i decided to just roam around with an invisible frame (both fass and vome)

Managed to get enough tags to get 12 son tokens in a couple of hours  *the birds are still a challenge as they dont spawn near the ground) but still managed to tag 2 in the open.

got a lot of velocipods , predacite and the vulpaphyla or whatever they are called (why must DE make things so difficult to pronounce, they add challenge in the most pointless ways)

those little grubs are hard to spot , but still managed to get a few.

Also have a few weakened ones (not the rarest) to make 4 companions.

I also picked my tags when getting the tokens, easy ones first , 

rare ones only if it gives multiple tokens.

With that being said , i do agree it is one of the most convoluted ways to get the tokens but for the tradeoff in standing i think its acceptable.

i will likely not bother with son tokens unless they are needed for the gilding (only need 60 yipee) and for any special requirement.

grandma can suck eggs if she needs son tokens.

I have picked up all tokens in a cave. That includes a Son token. In the same session, I picked up 2 tokens more (no Son this time).

Because of this, I assumed they drop frequently in caves, but haven't seen one since.

5 hours ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

This is great that you provided, but it is absolutely horrible game design. We are calling the animals, yet we have to hunt them down invisible through environment? DE just needs to fix this S#&$. I don't mind doing conservation but when its broken as #*!%, or half of the animal i have to literally hunt down cause they died to some random infested at spawn location, is just silly

Yeah this patch is so broken its not even funny.

imma maintain it's still not that bad in general. At least, the idea. The real issue is Son's price fluxuation. He can ask for up to 14 tags of uncommon and rare creatures for a single token and as few as 3 purple velocipod tags (most common velocipod) for 3 tokens. That is unacceptable. Conservation itself is fine. Learn how to shoot the tranq rifle and stop *@##$ing about a non-issue, focus on the actual issue which is the bonkers conversion rates. I'm fine with it being a harder to progress syndicate, but for the love of god the economy of scale is complete insanity.

2 hours ago, Stormhaven13 said:

Unfortunately not in my experience, though I have heard rumors you can find them randomly in vaults, but I have not seen that myself. After playing a little more, I've decided they're definitely too expensive for what they give, but I believe one of the devs said they are decreasing the cost of Son tokens. I still think it is fair to have to do some of each of the open world activities to rank up, but getting the Son tokens is definitely way unbalanced compared to all of the others.

My advice to get them currently is to either just keep a close eye, and your tranq rifle, out during other missions, or to fly around the edges of the map, or the canyon. You'll get a decent amount of the infested dogs, cats, and k drives just in general, they're large and easy to spot. The birds and rat things are harder to come by, but they do spawn in groups around the world as well. The edges of the map are nice because when your rifle detects an animal is nearby you know its not behind you, and the canyon seems to have a lot of spawns for animals. I hope this helps, and that a balancing hotfix comes out soon!

Ouch, I hope they refund people who spent the tokens, cuz I legit just did everything ready for Rank 3 (Rank 1 atm, Rank 2 once daily is capped and then 3)

I don't like being forced to do an activity I don't enjoy to access content.

Why is there no option for me to spend Platinum on this? There's a Platinum workaround for almost every 'busywork' task in this game, or I can do bounties, or something. I play Warframe to run around and shoot things, if I wanted to play Minecraft, I wouldn't be playing Warframe.

I like grinding resources, and farming for drops, relics, heck, even running the same content over and over for a lousy drop rate - looking at you, Ivara Chassis - doesn't bother me. I don't enjoy conservation, though. It's a mechanic I find tedious and unfun. You know what people do when your game mechanics aren't fun?

They go play other games.

4 hours ago, Xuxilbara said:

I FEEL YOU SO MUCH!

I don't mind having to do conversation, at least in principle, but on Daimos, this is the most unfun thing I've ever encountered. And a big part of that are those flying starfish things. I swear to god, every damn time I finally find some beasts to capture, I hear their little "AYYYYEEEEE", get grounded, and when I'm finally free to continue my buisness, my targets are usually gone or killed or whatever. And that happens  a LOT. I cannot be in the air for one goddamn minute without some pest attacking me. Getting captures is a drag, and when I finally go back to the son, I find I cannot even trade them for a single goddamn token because awwwww,. I'm not having a quadrillion of THIS rare subspecies! 

It's extremely frustrating.

I jump out of my frame and shoot them with my operator and jump back in to reduce the time they stick to my head.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CherubicWrath:

I don't like being forced to do an activity I don't enjoy to access content.

Why is there no option for me to spend Platinum on this? There's a Platinum workaround for almost every 'busywork' task in this game, or I can do bounties, or something. I play Warframe to run around and shoot things, if I wanted to play Minecraft, I wouldn't be playing Warframe.

I like grinding resources, and farming for drops, relics, heck, even running the same content over and over for a lousy drop rate - looking at you, Ivara Chassis - doesn't bother me. I don't enjoy conservation, though. It's a mechanic I find tedious and unfun. You know what people do when your game mechanics aren't fun?

They go play other games.

Or you know, different options to reach the same goal, instead this "open world" creating a illusion of free will, yet it is another blant big map with the same tasks over and over.

What is so hard to give people options, if i grind for something that is one thing but having ot rely on all task at once is dumb, screw this open world,  they could had just made nodes instead and repeat those for the resources aswell.

This open world subject is nothing more then marketing tricks, appearing big yet it isn't. DE became every generic Triple A company. I still watch things how they turn out but i refuse to play this update now, so much i am pissed honestly about how players and gameplay are handled.

Considering conservation still is bugged on Eidolon and Vallis aswell, they copy pasted a broken system once again instead of fixing it first because they have to "bring new content" for the loud screamers and make more money, the starter packs like Deimos pack were more important to make then a functional game once agian.

9 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Or you know, different options to reach the same goal, instead this "open world" creating a illusion of free will, yet it is another blant big map with the same tasks over and over.

Considering their 'open world' content is the same content, with a different skin on it three times, it's especially galling.

This content isn't particularly interesting because I've already done it - on a less annoying color palate - twice. It's even less interesting because the least appealing of all those tasks is stalling my advance, and there's literally no option to play around it. I suppose  I could keep joining random squads and hope someone else gets a tag or few that I need.

Also, this is sort of an egg to the face of those who haven't gotten their hands on a stealth frame yet. A friend of mine has come over to PS4 from PC so that we can play together, and he's having even less fun because conservation is much, much, easier with stealth available.

It's okay for you to take a break, find another hobby and wait for someone to come along and make a meta for you to mindlessly copy to make yourself feel good about how powerful you are. People trying to say that people who use the forums more than others, just make themselves look and feel silly for having to stoop to really weak ad hominems, because they know that they don't have strong enough points to make a valid argument any other way. 

Yeah we all know that right now everything is shiny and new and still riddled with bugs. We're all just poking around and everyone is trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. If that's not for you, it's not a problem, go ahead and do something else that you would enjoy more. The mode will be here when you get back. 

They always do these bully and nonsense things when they introduce new things to this game. I have a theory. First they make things harder as possible for satisfying Streamers and Hardcore players. Then they nerf or balance things how actually they should be. I guess, I will wait about few weeks to continue my progress until they fix things in Deimos .

8 hours ago, Celimbor said:

I don't want to open a new thread, and this one fits the topic, so I'll just vent in here.

Few are the instances I've been legitimately mad at this game, all pale in comparison to the MANDATORY GODDAMN CONSERVATION bullS#&$ on this god forsaken map. Let's  leave out the fact that the tracking minigame is godawdul, boring, time consuming garbage that was fun for the first five minutes of Fortuna and then never again, at least for me, BUT LETS RAMP IT UP SHALL WE! Let's add aggressive as #*!% mobs that will snipe the animal you're tracking, killing it instantly. Let's add flying pieces of S#&$ that will endlessly harass you, as if those centipedes that shoot purple snot aren't enough. But hey, at least now you can fly around in your archwing, with the track gun out, listening to those beeps and hoping that you'll be able to spot the glowing silhouettes in the next 10 years, before the flying squids try and snipe you from the air again.

And that's not all! In comes Nora, with her witty #*!%ing remarks for the 100th goddamn time in 5 minutes, alerting me to the presence of the endlessly spawning glass pieces of S#&$, that will interrupt your hunt, making that rare pack of infested cats, that finally spawned, try and attack them, killing said cats instantly. Why???? Why is this glass bullS#&$ still hasn't ended? At least let me mute Nora, for god's sake.

Son's tokens are at an entire new level of bullS#&$ as well, but at least I have enough to rank up to 3. Can't wait to see the requirements for the next ranks.

Preach!

Conservation is badly implemented. Worst is chasing the trails. 
1 The colours of grass and footprints are too close
2 The path disappears
3 You cant find the scat especially around cave entrances, so annoying as you know you are wasting my time looking for, scat
4 Is it actually a game? It seems more like a waste of time

I like the idea of conservation, its so unpleasant to do, which is really really unfortunate as im sure you want to endear people to the idea of conservation. Fix fast so conservation gets some love.

Archived