Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck while fishing in Deimos

von_Alfheim

Had same happen as OP twice in 3 runs yesterday. Could not use any menus, change weapons, hit esc, move, or fire the fishing rod. For me, I was using the top tier new fishing rod. I managed to get out by inviting one of our kids to squad, having them run to exit to Necralisk, and waiting to be timed out to extract.  Managed to keep my fish the second time doing this, but lost everything the first time.

Something like it happens sometimes when using transference out of Necramech and back to warframe, but using transference once more and directly back to the warframe fixed it the one time it happened.

Don't know if they are related, just that they both happen in CR.  My husband gets the same thing happening sometimes but his warframe despawns, leaving him with no sentinel or weapons.

Since we end up scrapping missions by heading out of the CR to reset the warframes, we end up wasting a lot of time (especially when attempting 3 vault runs in one hour) and losing a lot of time/rewards.

Le 25/09/2020 à 03:52, Cloud a dit :

IMPORTANT NOTE TO WHOEVER ENCOUNTERED THE BUG

There are currently only 2 fixes:

1) If you're playing on pc and you have a controller, you can plug your controller and use the gear menu to switch spear. Once the spear is switched you will be unstuck and can continue using keyboard

2) If you have not a controller you need to hit ALT-F4, be carefull, NOT ABORT, in this way the game will think you crashed and will save most of your items.

Thx for the controller trick.

But still not acknowledged nor fixed by incompetency on de side. Typical with all game breaking bugs.

Had this bug occur just now.
Maybe it has something to do with an enemy corpse not despawning properly? I tried to throw a spear at a fish that just happened to be going through it and that is when I got stuck. The corpse was still lingering there after and hour or so of me waiting for friends to help out. 
Luckily had a friend to jump in squad and time me out 😐2615e7bb32d2e281a0d14ad29222befd4f785cf0

Just came back to Warframe after a near year break and have been fishing In the Drift. Having this happen to me rather often... It's kind of... A thing. From the Fass bait seeming to have no effect, to the 'silent' spear still scaring fish like I had fired a weapon... I think I'll give fishing a pass in this one for now unless I really need the mats, but... Nothing really more.

is this bug still around? i had (and posted it too) weeks ago too while being invisible with ivara and solo too... i had hoped that if my energy ran out some charger might kill me and i would be able move again... but alas, the bug also prevented (seemingly) my energy to drop since i never got visible again, even after half an hour - and even though my ivara is very efficient, that was way over what my energy reserve would last. ended up alt+f4'ing  out since the menu also didn't work anymore - only the chat did, funny enough. lost a S#&$load of fish, gems and hunting tags because of this and been very reluctant to fish in the drift everafter.

Just happened to me as well. Prowling as Ivara, threw the spear THROUGH a fish and hit a carnis and locked up. Took some screenshots of my loot and started looking into how to submit a bug report just in case, hoping I'll get reinbursed. As a solo player, aborting an open world has always resulted in zero loot. Playing with a friend who recently got back into the game and insisted it worked, it always worked. Tried aborting to Necralisk, zero loot. Quit out of the game so I can pull a log file, then continue looking into how to submit it and THEN I discover this thread saying alt-f4 of all things lets you keep your loot for some reason, or switching to controller. Little late now, shame on me for not spending a half hour digging through bug forums before quitting out of a softlocked game.

Unacceptable. I have a log, I have screenshots, I better not be screwed out of two hours of grinding.

Bug still around, but luckily I got away with getting killed by enemies. If you really don't want to lost everything and wouldn't mind to wait for a bit, wait till normal enemies/those cephalite enemies spawn around you and let yourself die. Seems like the only way out for now

Encountered it today.

I was happy to get some enemies spawn on me and put me out of this misery: captured few animals and was fishing for about 20 minutes, so didn't want to lose the catch.

My top ten errors from EE.log this session (count, message). Looks like "SetWeapon" is a main culprit, as posted before:

273 Sys [Error]: Unable to run 'SetWeapon'
     81 Sys [Error]: Required by object /Lotus/Levels/Hub/LisetBridgeRailjackExpansion/Scope
     80 Sys [Error]: Could not use object: /Lotus/Scripts/Events/LisetPropCleaningDroneAvatar (broken)
     76 AI [Error]: Trying to NpcAiDirector::CreateAgent with a null spawn point and no valid spawn point found
     43 Sys [Error]: Unknown property: SyndicateMissions[19].Jobs[2].bonusXpMultiplier
     43 Sys [Error]: Bad data from worldState.php (error 4):
     33 Sys [Error]: Could not use entity: /EE/Types/Darkitect/NavMeshVolume (broken)
     33 Script [Info]: GenericVendor.lua: Error: No transmission
     29 Sys [Error]: Required by object /Lotus/Levels/OrokinMoon/MoonConJunction03/Scope
     24 Sys [Error]: Check the Instance() argument paths for your script!

Бесит.

Прошло 2,5 месяца, а этот баг так и не починили.

Час потратишь и платину на ускорители.

Застрянешь и потом либо выходи из миссии или закрывать игру.

Так и хочется на всегда закрыть.😩

fe0e2fa2d4c5.png

Finally heard back from support, just got a copy/paste "the forums is still the best avenue for your request and feedback" message without acknowledging the actual topic, when I even linked this thread to prove I'd also been through the forums, and the ticket marked as resolved. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, I really do, but with all the experiences I've read and how many tickets I've personally had come back as autoresolved with cookie cutter response, whether the response was actually applicable or not, I'm starting to get the impression that Zendesk hasn't had an actual human process a ticket in years.
What are you supposed to do when support tells you to go to the forums, the forums tell you to submit a ticket, and nobody actually reads anything?
Here's hoping the "Fixed losing all control functions for a short period of time after throwing a Fishing Spear - most commonly experienced in Cambion Drift." patch note from Arcana actually addresses this issue and we never see it again, in which case thank you bug squasher guys, but there was nothing "short period of time" about this.

November 25th here and I had this bug happen to me just now.

Same situation, can't do anything except aim, ESC, and open textbox. Unstuck doesn't solve it.

Dying did fix it for me, so if anyone's having this trouble, I suggest you wait to get killed by enemies or have someone in your squad lure things to you

On 2020-08-26 at 7:20 AM, Sydeon13 said:

I was fishing using the first Deimos' fishing spear (forgot it's name) in the Drift. After something about 30 minutes of fishing, the spear animation simply stopped halfway and the warframe's arm started to tremble and I was unable to do anything. Activating the ESC menu stopped the animation bug, but I was stuck. I couldn't open the inventory, use transference, keep fishing nor move. The "/unstuck" command also didn't works in this situation.

Same happened to me twice now. I was in the cambion drift on solo mode in both occasions, i do not know if that is important.

November 28th 2020 - This bug has happened to me twice in two visits to Deimos, both within about 10 minutes of me starting to catch fish. The performance of the game dropped notably over those 10 minutes, lagging and stuttering, and then suddenly I just stopped being able to move.

[EDIT] At first I thought it was being caused by the Ebisu spear as I got 3 bugs in 3 attempts at using it but not the other ones, however it's since happened with other spears too so it's not limited to just one or the other. *sadface*

Archived