Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How am I supposed to complete Heart of Deimos?

Ariel19_98

Question

https://imgur.com/a/qbmVqVe

https://imgur.com/a/0t32A1m

How am I supposed to complete this part of Heart of Deimos in these conditions? I was able to run everything prior, but the moment the necramech knocks down my warframe, the screen turns pitch black, the family of infested orokin appears, and I have navigate this place! I can't see anything, I have no ideas where enemies are, I get stuck on terrain, and am I supposed to be STEALTHY? I've tried everything. Set graphics to a minimum, change screen resolution, everything I can imagine, but the screen is still pitch black? How am I supposed to avoid the instant kill of the necramechs if I can't see anything?

On 2020-08-26 at 1:33 AM, Ariel19_98 said:

https://imgur.com/a/qbmVqVe

https://imgur.com/a/0t32A1m

How am I supposed to complete this part of Heart of Deimos in these conditions? I was able to run everything prior, but the moment the necramech knocks down my warframe, the screen turns pitch black, the family of infested orokin appears, and I have navigate this place! I can't see anything, I have no ideas where enemies are, I get stuck on terrain, and am I supposed to be STEALTHY? I've tried everything. Set graphics to a minimum, change screen resolution, everything I can imagine, but the screen is still pitch black? How am I supposed to avoid the instant kill of the necramechs if I can't see anything?

The screen isn't supposed to be pitch black.  That's a bug.  

i am playing on laptop and I have/had same problem . i guess the screen get black only after family talking . but u can do that mission if u can see map,ability.etc. UI stuff and if you just want complete that part & if u r fine with kind of spiking that part .  so how did i do it as follows(this is not solution): first use mod that shows enemy location on map if you can on warframe/on camapnian .second while going in vault observe the tile set & stuff watch someones video (try to see it on phone while doing it) .third & main make map big try to wing it .tip:try using way-point to see if something is in front of you blocking

TLDR(how did i do it): watch someones video try imitating it.& wing it

Edit: i did it with nova but u can use frame that could be better in this situation

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

there is literally never any time that you should attempt to Verify a game that has its own Launcher through another Platform if it's offered on it. games with their own Launchers handle their data on their own, separate from any Platform you may have originally downloaded it through.
thankfully, Digital Extremes bothered VALVe enough a while back to have the Verify button disabled for Warframe, so that people could no longer sabotage other people by telling them to click that button.

Just for the record I wasn't trying to "sabotage anything". I simply didn't remember that the verify function for Warframe is built into the launcher (for a lot of other games it isn't). The "verify your files" still stands as a thing to generally do for mystical errors that no-one else seems to experience.

And that reminds me, at one point in time some cryptical errors seemed to disappear by optimizing the cache (this function is also built into the WF launcher).

But in my experience some semi-black screens (like in your pics) comes from either an outdated gpu driver (or an outdated part of the driver package), or from a memory problem between Windows, the gpu and the video driver if they are sharing your RAM (and there being no or not enough RAM available).

Intel HD Graphics do use RAM. Some Intel drivers have a setting for how much RAM the graphics driver is allowed to use, so if you have enough RAM (and such a driver) you could try changing that setting. It depends on the version how much memory the Intel GRaphics can use, but the "standard" setting might be quite low (like 1 Gb), which could result in Warframe simply running out of memory space. That is of course supposed to generate an error message, but you might get "black" instead...

Intel also has a lot of older drivers available (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics), the bad news is that you really have to know what you are doing before trying to install anything, and that some driver versions have known problems with some fairly standard graphics parts (like OpenGL 3) and with Windows versions (and Win drivers). I think Warframe is using a proprietary graphics system/driver, but what is inside that I do not know.

47 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Just for the record I wasn't trying to "sabotage anything".

sabotage by result, not intention.

48 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

It depends on the version how much memory the Intel GRaphics can use, but the "standard" setting might be quite low (like 1 Gb), which could result in Warframe simply running out of memory space. That is of course supposed to generate an error message, but you might get "black" instead...

i'd be highly surprised if that sort of scenario ever did not result in the game crashing, but - i've seen Computers do weirder things before.

hay if anyone with same problum gona try this mission. one request can you try to change their Hz  (option>display>Hz) to ur average medium frame rate (e.g. 20hz-30hz). because as i tested (3-4times) to see the bug fixed or not. i notised that screen gose black after family's seen but not after he seen before that u can skip. i skiped that seen & i saw my screen  was not black & after that family seen came & my screen goes black again leaving controls. & i think it could be a driver problum also because it is been while sence i updated my driver

edit: my drivers where not updated i think that is the reson of the bug

5 hours ago, JMPatil said:

hay if anyone with same problum gona try this mission. one request can you try to change their Hz  (option>display>Hz) to ur average medium frame rate (e.g. 20hz-30hz). because as i tested (3-4times) to see the bug fixed or not. i notised that screen gose black after family's seen but not after he seen before that u can skip. i skiped that seen & i saw my screen  was not black & after that family seen came & my screen goes black again leaving controls. & i think it could be a driver problum also because it is been while sence i updated my driver

edit: my drivers where not updated i think that is the reson of the bug

My guys if you can wrute so we alll understand you like : "i notised that screen gose black after family's seen but not after he seen before that u can skip. i skiped that seen & i saw my screen  was not black & after that family seen came & my screen goes black again leaving controls." what you meant here?

3 hours ago, Graavarg said:

And if you are running Warframe through Steam, do the "integrity of game files"-check. Or delete & re-install.

there is literally never any time that you should attempt to Verify a game that has its own Launcher through another Platform if it's offered on it. games with their own Launchers handle their data on their own, separate from any Platform you may have originally downloaded it through.
thankfully, Digital Extremes bothered VALVe enough a while back to have the Verify button disabled for Warframe, so that people could no longer sabotage other people by telling them to click that button.

2 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly007 said:

I guess only checking the integrity of the files because Yes i am running it through steam or to reinstall he game

i do think it's probably a good idea to Verify the integrity of the game. you can find this on the Warframe Launcher.

4 hours ago, X-severo-Ssohfa-bhX said:

Wukong is the answer budy ;) 

Dear  "wukong is the answer budy ;)" i have tried wukong i get stuck in the terrain ti seems and i can't make progress mostly because I CANNOT SEE i don't care if wukong or vauban pr titania or rhino or who is the answer i want ta perma fix for the black screen os i can do it regardless of what frame i use!

4 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly007 said:

Dear  "wukong is the answer budy ;)" i have tried wukong i get stuck in the terrain ti seems and i can't make progress mostly because I CANNOT SEE i don't care if wukong or vauban pr titania or rhino or who is the answer i want ta perma fix for the black screen os i can do it regardless of what frame i use!

Go to warframe support, Or put in a request for somebody to look at your pc.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Maybe meet the minimal specs for the game on your platform?

8 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

Go to warframe support, Or put in a request for somebody to look at your pc.

Quoting both of you my pc is fine i played warframe for years and years and had no issues with it only now since this Heart of Deimos appeared the issue appeaered so the update is the culprit NOT MY PLATFORM I AM PLAYING ON!

On 2020-09-03 at 12:45 PM, TheOneAndOnly007 said:

Quoting both of you my pc is fine i played warframe for years and years and had no issues with it only now since this Heart of Deimos appeared the issue appeaered so the update is the culprit NOT MY PLATFORM I AM PLAYING ON!

just because the issue presented itself with the update doesnt make the update the culprit. its an UPDATE. if your system no longer meets the requirements because updates have pushed the game beyond your systems capabilities...then your system is the culprit. if you have been playing warframe with your current system for "years and years" as you say...then your system is "years and years" old.

its not the games fault that it progresses and you dont.

34 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly007 said:

P.O.S  gpu wht do you mean and how i can fix this in my case?

POS is an abbreviation for saying Piece Of trash.  I changed the last word to be family friendly.  

As for fixing the issue, you could try seeing of there is and updated driver for your gpu or wait to see if DE can fix it.  For the last one, I recommend recreating this topic in the PC Bugs section of the forums.  Included as much detail as possible including PC specs.  

42 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Visual bug aside, you get 3 lives with Wukong.

If you get lucky and proc invisibility as well, that's just icing on the cake.

Well, knowing it's a visual bug, should I report it? I mean, my graphics card is pretty below average (Intel(R) HD graphics), but it CAN handle the plains or orb vallis if there ain't much going on the screen. How come it can't process a "fade-in scenario" in that part? I even restarted the mission

Archived