Jump to content

Deimos Conservation Made (Relatively) Easy


Recommended Posts

So to start things off, I'd like you all to consider the different Open Worlds and how Conservation was implemented on each.

Fortuna: Conservation implemented instead of having roaming animals. This was the first place conservation appeared as an actual activity.
PoE: Free-roaming animals always existed, but they were not adapted to the conservation system (tranq guns, standing gain, floofs) until after Fortuna, in addition to things like vampire kavats being added.
Deimos: Free-roaming animals designed as a pre-planned part of the conservation system. Conservation intended as a standard part of the faction progression.

So how does that matter? Simple-the Conservation tracking minigame is no longer the optimal (or at least most enjoyable) way to capture animals. Free-roaming animal capture is.

Fundamental Changes:
-Animal behaviour is different. Animals no longer flee when a kavat farts 100 metres away. Some animals seek out fights. Some will happily stand around and let you run up to them.
-Animals no longer die when killed. When an animal is killed it is made ready for collection and simply listed as a 'bad capture'. (Confirmed for both of the companion animals, currently untested for the ones that don't seek out combat)
-Free-roaming animal commonality. Anecdotal evidence suggests they are more common than in Plains of Eidolon, with Velocipods seeming to be very common.

The Conservation Tracking mini-game still has a place, as it massively reduces RNG, but it is significantly more tedious than the alternative, whereas free-roam hunting can be done whilst doing other tasks or simply exploring.

As an additional note, Son notes that Predasites and Vulpaphylas can be found engaging in combat with the Infested. Saving them will give you the opportunity to catch them, and of course you can still get the bad capture if they 'die'. If you've just engaged in a lengthy battle and found some corpses don't seem to be disappearing, give them a second glance and be sure they aren't unconscious animals waiting for a rescue.


And if you really can't stand conservation, just create some Predasite/Vulpaphylas companions, level them up and then sell them off for Son Tokens.

Edited by icybirdy44
  • Like 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

I grinded out an amp on the first planet, because I thought it was mandatory. After that I had nothing left in me. I completely ignored the second planet.

Very disappointing to see them copy-paste a third one, with how they always like to say development isn't about just duplicating the same content.

But at least there'd be some content not forcing you to planet-grind, right. Wrong. It's ALL planet grind now. For me personally, this update represents the worst possible scenario and what I hate the most about the whole game.

Just the idea of going down to a planet again makes me physically ill and mentally fatigued. I literally start yelling, cursing and raging on our discord, just thinking about it.

Simply to say, is great some people are willing to grind anything and everything and have no problem with the planet-grind.

You just can't assume others feel the same way. I feel you should definitely be allowed to fish and mine rock all you want, I am just asking for the same as you.

Have my preferences considered, as well, and not hold the new content at gunpoint. You want to be allowed to play, I want to be allowed to not play it.

Then I am the entitled one? lol, what.

I play video games to have fun and relax. It's an ENTERTAINMENT product. And it's exclusively on developers to entertainment. I am not playing another planet ever again, period. Deal with that. And respect my right to my own opinion, thank you.

I just obviously have to ask, if the planet-grind is great, why are you forcing it on people? I would assume out of professional pride, you would insist that content is not mandatory; so it can prove yourself.

Sitting around the office looking at fake metrics of people putting hours into an artificial grind, that's where we are at now?

And it's unnecessary right? You could have come up with a billion alternatives that didn't have to force hated content on anyone - the game already does that at its core am I wrong?

What I am thinking now, is the whole reason we wasting all this time and having to hate the game, is some guy somewhere in the building trying to force-justify his planet-grind out of share ego.

It's not fun, it's not engaging, we hate it. You can copy-paste 30 more planet-grinds it won't change a thing.

  • Like 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine not having any sort of self control and playing a game until you literally have a mental break down in some random server. Nothing ever on the open world planets was mandatory for the core game. A simple google search would have resolved this misinformation. In fact, it is a very big problem that new updates are creating content that has no actual affect on the core game. And now you are posting an irrelevant rant on someone else's thread that is just clearing up some facts with animal conservation. No one is holding you at gunpoint to do open worlds. Go get some sun.

Edited by Reconsile
  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reconsile said:

Nothing ever on the open world planets was mandatory for the core game. 

Are you serious? 

So the extra grind for resources on these open world's aren't needed to craft weapons and frames? Are weapons and frames NOT part of the core game? 

If they weren't , the game wouldn't be called Warframe lol..... 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Are you serious? 

So the extra grind for resources on these open world's aren't needed to craft weapons and frames? Are weapons and frames NOT part of the core game? 

If they weren't , the game wouldn't be called Warframe lol..... 

Last time I checked, it was not mandatory to get every single gun and every single warframe to play the game, much less the open world specific frames and weapons. You are able to complete everything Warframe has to offer with your starting frame & weapons easily gotten from clan & market. Aren't missing anything that is world breaking experience by ignoring planet side. Should you want to skip the content and get the weapons & warframes, then buying with platinum (which is relatively easy to acquire for free) is an option. And according to surbusken's post history, they are not opposed to using plat to unlock content over the current grind.

44 base frames in the game, 8 are require open world either for blueprints or resources to craft. 

2 from the plains are pitifully easy to get, only need rank 1 cetus, no amps needed; 1 only needing rank 2 cetus or just get a buddy who has bait.

2 from vox solaris only need rank 2, rank 5 with regular solaris required (stupidly easy to max out with 1 hour of mining, time is your only gate), no amps needed, quest provided to you for
1 of the rank up requirements. Only 1 for fortuna only needs rank 4 solaris, easy to get as already explained.

1 frame requires both cetus and fortuna materials, rank 4 needed. Cetus easily ranked up from fishing. Nothing else required from open world.

Latest frame release, requires a little bit of everything from all 3 open worlds. Rank 1 cetus, rank 5 solaris (which would already be done if you farmed for the fortuna frames) then rest of frame is done through bounty quest.

All really easy, fairly stress free and you can take your time with it. None of these frames being a must-have or required content to play the rest of the game.

So what content is being missed, made mandatory or holding you are gunpoint for open world, that is then stopping you from playing the core game? Do dlc characters from smash bros. prevent you from playing the core game if you don't buy them?

Edited by Reconsile
wrong person sited
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, (PS4)Lillekri said:

"Free-roaming animal commonality. Anecdotal evidence suggests they are more common than in Plains of Eidolon, with Velocipods seeming to be very common."

Is this accurate? Saw somewhere stating VP is the _only_ animal you dont need lure for.

Anecdotal:  not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From my own personal experience of the game (about 5 hours roaming or doing bounties before I went to bed), I have encountered Velocipods, Cryptilex, Vulpaphylas and Predasites outside of the tracking mini-game. I cannot say for sure about Avichea, as I never bothered to look up. It is possible that other variables could contribute, such as whether you're doing bounties or maybe if you have the tranq equipped, but that'd be complete speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so basically i hear "shoot anything that moves with a tranq rifle"

that's about the only way I'd really be able to do conservation, because I suck at luring. I'd probably find it easier to catch an animal IRL than with the glitched conservation of the past, just would've been nice to have a workaround.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so basically i hear "shoot anything that moves with a tranq rifle"

that's about the only way I'd really be able to do conservation, because I suck at luring. I'd probably find it easier to catch an animal IRL than with the glitched conservation of the past, just would've been nice to have a workaround.

 

how do you suck at luring? it's literally just holding a button down and moving the mouse either up or down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Reconsile said:

Imagine not having any sort of self control and playing a game until you literally have a mental break down in some random server. Nothing ever on the open world planets was mandatory for the core game. A simple google search would have resolved this misinformation. In fact, it is a very big problem that new updates are creating content that has no actual affect on the core game. And now you are posting an irrelevant rant on someone else's thread that is just clearing up some facts with animal conservation. No one is holding you at gunpoint to do open worlds. Go get some sun.

I mean, if you want to get that pedantic, nothing is mandatory for the game.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I grinded out an amp on the first planet, because I thought it was mandatory. After that I had nothing left in me. I completely ignored the second planet.

Very disappointing to see them copy-paste a third one, with how they always like to say development isn't about just duplicating the same content.

But at least there'd be some content not forcing you to planet-grind, right. Wrong. It's ALL planet grind now. For me personally, this update represents the worst possible scenario and what I hate the most about the whole game.

Just the idea of going down to a planet again makes me physically ill and mentally fatigued. I literally start yelling, cursing and raging on our discord, just thinking about it.

Simply to say, is great some people are willing to grind anything and everything and have no problem with the planet-grind.

You just can't assume others feel the same way. I feel you should definitely be allowed to fish and mine rock all you want, I am just asking for the same as you.

Have my preferences considered, as well, and not hold the new content at gunpoint. You want to be allowed to play, I want to be allowed to not play it.

Then I am the entitled one? lol, what.

I play video games to have fun and relax. It's an ENTERTAINMENT product. And it's exclusively on developers to entertainment. I am not playing another planet ever again, period. Deal with that. And respect my right to my own opinion, thank you.

I just obviously have to ask, if the planet-grind is great, why are you forcing it on people? I would assume out of professional pride, you would insist that content is not mandatory; so it can prove yourself.

Sitting around the office looking at fake metrics of people putting hours into an artificial grind, that's where we are at now?

And it's unnecessary right? You could have come up with a billion alternatives that didn't have to force hated content on anyone - the game already does that at its core am I wrong?

What I am thinking now, is the whole reason we wasting all this time and having to hate the game, is some guy somewhere in the building trying to force-justify his planet-grind out of share ego.

It's not fun, it's not engaging, we hate it. You can copy-paste 30 more planet-grinds it won't change a thing.

This right here.

 

The only POSSIBLE way to make the force fed planet grinds fun is by introducing CHOICE!

Choice means ANY of the possible activities are as valid as any other for gaining Rep!
There should be ONE type of Rep per planet and ONE type of token to earn.
ALL activities on the planet should translate into that ONE Rep and ONE token that is used to rank up and buy rewards respectively!!
IE. Go mine. Return with gems. Sell Gems for Token. Trade Token for Rep.
OR
Go fish. Sell fish for Token. Trade Token for Rep.
OR
Go Conservation. Trade captures for Token. Trade Token for Rep.
... can ya see a pattern forming DE?

The Objective to Token ratio might not be exactly equitable given the relative ease of some activities over others, but they should not be SO skewed as to make one option utterly worthless. There should be at most a 5%-7% difference in value per unit time between them. THAT difference could have RNG attached to it and that RNG would be used in a valid way!

Learn to write quests DE!
Learn to use RNG!

If I were emperor of the world I would fire you all and hire preschoolers to develop the game instead. At least they have a decent concept on what is fun and what is not!!


 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, icybirdy44 said:

And if you really can't stand conservation, just create some Predasite/Vulpaphylas companions, level them up and then sell them off for Son Tokens.

Thanks, I might give Deimos another shot doing this. There really needs to be a core combat alternative to conservation for Entrati progression.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Lillekri said:

"Free-roaming animal commonality. Anecdotal evidence suggests they are more common than in Plains of Eidolon, with Velocipods seeming to be very common."

Is this accurate? Saw somewhere stating VP is the _only_ animal you dont need lure for.

I've been free roam fishing+mining+capping ceph simaris rep, I've similary found many different breeds, even just flying around. I've found spawns better if you aren't hunting them down on archwing or something. Being active on map seems to affect spawns for mobs, including the wildlife

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovaeden said:

This right here.

 

The only POSSIBLE way to make the force fed planet grinds fun is by introducing CHOICE!

🤔

Okay. That's pretty simple to do:

"You have personal agency."

 

There, now you know that you have the ability to choose when to do things, and even if you do them at all. Unfortunately you're also now considered to be a functional member of society and responsible for the consequences of your choices, both good and bad. 

 

Glad to be of assistance. 🙂

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

Okay. That's pretty simple to do:

"You have personal agency."

 

There, now you know that you have the ability to choose when to do things, and even if you do them at all. Unfortunately you're also now considered to be a functional member of society and responsible for the consequences of your choices, both good and bad. 

 

Glad to be of assistance. 🙂

 

 

nothing about what you've said is of assistance. 
"I dont like werking." 

You: "Stop working. Glad to be of assistance." 

Just makes you look like a total idiot.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its nightmare, poops in terrible places, tracks not showing up and u need to reenter if some point is bugged because there spawns only 1-2 points of 1 animal. I have no idea how many time i will need to waste to get 10x Son tokens for rank 3😡

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

nothing about what you've said is of assistance. 
"I dont like werking." 

You: "Stop working. Glad to be of assistance." 

Just makes you look like a total idiot.

You'd be surprised how quickly being poor and hungry changes a person's attitude to working. 

 

You have choices and as an adult will face the consequences of your choices. Make your choices and stop trying to blame others for the consequences. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You'd be surprised how quickly being poor and hungry changes a person's attitude to working. 

 

You have choices and as an adult will face the consequences of your choices. Make your choices and stop trying to blame others for the consequences. 

"If you're poor and hungry just beat a man half to death in the middle of a densely populated area. They'll put  you in jail and you don't have to worry about warmth or food! Personal Choice! Super amazing!"

This game is made playable for 13 year olds, you know. Not everyone you speak to will strictly be of adult age, especially considering you play console warframe. Trying to tell people "You don't have to play this game you've liked for 10 years now, LOL!" is really kinda... Sad...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...