Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation is the worst, remove it altogether or nerf requirements significantly.

ZuroTheEvil

Hunting was an etremely awesome method of gaining standing in PoE/OV.  However in CD it has been completely destroyed because it takes 50 animals to get 1 token worth a #$^$%&ing measly 100 standing lmao.   wtf is wrong with you guys lol.   Fishing and Mining are just as horrible.  You have to sacrifice all the rare crap you get if you want any non mother tokens.

But lets talk about the ACTUAL hunting... because that sucked to..  

In my limited time there I did not have tags.  I started flying around in my archwing and just trying to spot critters with my tranq rifle.  Doing it this way result in mostly only finding animals that were in fights with infested.  Your suppose to fly down and rescue these injured animals and then you can use them to build yourself infested cat/dog.  I only found a few animals I could tranq for tags.   Every single tag I got was ranked BAD.  I dont think that even means anything anymore since you dont get any damn standing based on the rank of your capture.....

I just baught up all the tags for tier 1 before stopping,  I havent had a chance to experience that crappy method of hunting,   playing with poop, making horny animal calls, tranqing them in the face as they approach lol.  But I can tell you its going to suck because no matter wtf you catch its not going to be enough for a mother #$^%&$ing token lol.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mining is ok, but the veins are EXTREMELY difficult to see.  Isnt there some kinda Bio-luminescent critter that likes ore veins that could mark them...............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing is super wierd...Fish swim around in this disgusting viscous fluid until they start flying around....PoE spears can only hit flying fish.  Drift Spears can penetrate the fluid... but in my opinion there should be way more fish in the fluid,  im ok with only a few flying around.  I guess sun/moon worm chunks are what you use for fish bait in the Drift... but I havent tried it yet..   Fish dye lights up the fish even if they are flying... I caught lots of fish in the open and in the caves.  The rares are rare lol.   I really love OV fishing and think the fish density was pretty perfect.  Cambian Drift feels like it has less fish/density.  

hace 3 horas, ZuroTheEvil dijo:

I'm here for space ninjas, not chasing dog feces. The amount of captures required for a single son token is a complete joke. Make it optional for the children who enjoy playing with stuffed animals.

0ltJvMx.png

I can't imagine the testers geting enven 1 of this tokens the normal way and saying "ye this is rewarding" ... 14 captures for 1 token ... like com on  when we need 5 of em 

System is poorly planed out and standing is a jk

hace 1 hora, KrazyKavatLady dijo:

Hard disagree. Conservation is fun and very easy. It requires no nerf. 

Did you actualy get a token yet? Or are you saying this based on PoE and/or Fortuna ?

46 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

Fun for you and I, but sadly we are in the minority. DE will remove or reduce the tokens from the rank up requirements somewhere soon or years after the constant whining from “MuH HoRdE ShOoTer” crowd.

4 hours ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

Fun and easy? I can agree with that, but the requirements are on the excessive side. Maximum, 3 captures per token (1 to 1 for rare specimens), 14 is simply ridiculous, especially considering that on Fortuna, a single rare animal can give more than 4k standing.

8 hours ago, kaotis said:

Did you actualy get a token yet? Or are you saying this based on PoE and/or Fortuna ?

Already got a few yesterday.

To be honest it seems like a lot of people are upset they actually have to put in some effort into ranking up their standing, and want DE to just want it to them.

10 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

Already got a few yesterday.

To be honest it seems like a lot of people are upset they actually have to put in some effort into ranking up their standing, and want DE to just want it to them.

Or people are upset they are being forced into a minigame they hate rather than actually being able to play the parts they find enjoyable, im fine putting effort in and i have done plenty of times. But conservation is just not fun or entertaining at all. i would rather be doing any other activity and Actually playing the game.

45 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

I'd rather pay 1,000 Steel Essences than any amount of tags or Son Tokens. Would that be enough effort to prove my gamer worthiness to you?

Totally agree with everything said in the topic.

Never was a huge fan of conservation to beging with, but it was always an optional thing to get decent standing on something else than bounties and getting floofs...

Now it's this huge core part of gameplay where you must capture like 15 animals to get a single token worth 100 points and it makes zero sense.

I mean, it's one thing to ask your players to capture like 4 kubrodons or other high paying anmals every day to reach their daily cap, but asking them to capture 15 enemies to get a 100 standing token... Plus locking most syndicate progression behind capture of specific animals.. Wow...

So yeah, drop the son token costs by a lot AND increase their standing value if you decided to sell them so it's at least equivalent to Fortuna in terms of standing game per effort.

Some of the trades are a bit too high, but I am more annoyed with the hunting.  It is interrupted constantly if you don't spend all your time on a stealth frame.  It is very annoying to have to take a break before calling the creature to kill about fifty enemies, then they stop spawning, you scout around to be sure, and then do the call and instantly another twenty enemies come around.

Of many of the things that take time, this is one that is very disappointing.  Fishing takes a long time, but you feel rewarded.  Hunting takes time, fails half the time, and then you don't get rewarded.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

So yeah, drop the son token costs by a lot AND increase their standing value if you decided to sell them so it's at least equivalent to Fortuna in terms of standing game per effort.

The son tokens do give 500, but that still isn't enough of an increase to really make the many hunts worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, JHarlequin said:

The son tokens do give 500, but that still isn't enough of an increase to really make the many hunts worthwhile.

I mean, a Perfect Kubrodon Incarnadine capture gives you 8000 Fortuna Daily Standing ... Compare that to capturing 10-15 different infested critters and getting awarded a single 500 Standing token for it... There's definitively a problem there. Even when getting 3 tokens for turning in an indecent amount of critter tokens it's still only 1500 standing for all that effort... The equivalent of a single perfect capture of a common stover for way, way , way more effort in fortuna.

The conservation minigame hasn't evolved, so it's the same thing as before... Meaning it's also not something most people will find enjoyable (since we've been there and done that already) Yet it pays way less than it ever did. Not really a recipe to motivate players to do it.

Conservationism will always be TRASH. Say it with me now - T R A S H. Nobody likes it, nobody wants it, OP made a good point - i don't want to chase feces to get 6 tags of this  specific animal and 7 of another TO GET ONE TOKEN. ONE. O N E. Add to that token prices depending on tags change IN 1 HOUR. So you're basically boned because you dont have time to capture something you want since pathing is terrible, half the nodes don't work, creatures are hard to see because of Deimos' color palette or they get stuck in textures like the Avichea.

Remove the hunting and fishing tokens from the syndicate rank up system COMPLETELY. It's absolute cancer. Nobody enjoys it and stop lying that you do.

The thing that really makes conservation unforgivable is how buggy it is. You can't go five minutes without encountering some issue. Sleeping animals falling through the world, bad captures for no logical reason, dart shots that randomly miss, etc.

If you are going to take your side mode that you put zero effort in to and make it part of progression at least fix it first. Of course, its 2020 and Lephantis still breaks between phases so I guess its ridiculous to expect DE to make anything in the game actually work.

Also, Ive been complaining since PoE that I am here for the core gameplay loop of jumping around and shooting. I don't want to mine, fish or dig through feces.

I agree in the sense that tokens have a harsh price to obtain but its been a very long time since ive actually had to put effort into getting standing, so i'm conflicted on how far they should be reduced. However to say that an entire system a portion of the playerbase does enjoy would never happen and shouldn't in my honest opinion, it breaks up the long drawn out hell that is the meta of just atomizing mobs in missions.

11 hours ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

You know what else is fun and easy? Opening lockers in missions. Yet whenever I propose a Nightwave Elite Challenge to open 10 000 lockers, nobody ever seems to take me seriously. Why? It's fun and easy - no challenge there. Anyone could do it, so what's the problem?

Tenno be like "hunting is fun" until animals get stuck in textures.

Спойлер

JUZc6gi.png

Спойлер

yernXqM.png

You track a birb only to find it stuck in an unreachable place. Game sessions don't respawn hunt-initiating spots, so the only option is to return to Necralisk.
It's fixable, yes, but I hope some of the grind is relieved until there's a fix.

Archived