Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on finding Common Avichaea

(PSN)Zuh-SoulOfCrota

Question

It seems like the Conservation system is bugged on this one, so I searched for them on the wild, for what I can see they spawn at Cerebrum magna, a trick to make them spawn is getting close, checking with your Tranq Rifle near the top of the structure and if they didn't spawn you should advance somewhere two blinks from the tip of the structure and then return to check if they spawned, if they did tranq them, capture, rinse an repeat.

That's how I got my 5 Common Avichaea Tags for rank 3 with the Entrati.

They will spawn in groups of 2 to 3, but be careful as the enemies can kill them easily, good luck and tell me of any finds, better spots, etc 

Spoiler

EgU32-oWsAAJwON?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EgU32-oWkAAum9v?format=jpg&name=large

Newb Guide for people who don't like reading 

• Go Solo (Optional to prevent people killing animals/noise)
  • Fly with Tranq-Rifle
  • Wear headphones to hear proximity beep
  • Look for glowy outlines of animals (Avichaea is tiny and flying)
  • Shoot from the air (so they dont see you coming)
  • Descend and melee upwards to prevent slamming to ground and killing tranquilized animal 😅
  • Keep coming back to Cerebrum Magna (Area)

For those of us who haven't spent much time hunting wildlife (I'm completely new to conservation content), my biggest breakthrough was realizing the Tranq Rifle actually has a proximity beeping sound. Not something that tends to come up as often when browsing the first few forum results on google for the uninitiated and having never noticed when its not beeping. Just got 8 Common Avichaea in less than an hour of playing (and most of that was before figuring out the proper use of tranq rifle)

Am 28.8.2020 um 06:39 schrieb thoseotherguys:

• Fly with Tranq-Rifle
  • Descend and melee upwards to prevent slamming to ground and killing tranquilized animal 😅

For those of us who haven't spent much time hunting wildlife (I'm completely new to conservation content), my biggest breakthrough was realizing the Tranq Rifle actually has a proximity beeping sound. Not something that tends to come up as often when browsing the first few forum results on google for the uninitiated and having never noticed when its not beeping. Just got 8 Common Avichaea in less than an hour of playing (and most of that was before figuring out the proper use of tranq rifle)

how to you fly with tranq-rifle? i summon archwing it always switch to dps weapons

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Take my crude map instead, I really should make a proper guide sometime. Here's a short vid showing most of the spawn spots within each zone as well.
BoKhttx.jpg

A big tip is to increase your effects intensity to max in options so they glow brighter. NEVER Archwing blink anywhere, blinking does not reset the spawns. Use Equinox to instantly capture pest species like predasites and vulpaphyler or simply kill them as you do slow circuits to get their beeping out of the equation. 

thank you! Can I give you credit and post this image in my guide?

23 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

someone posted a map with some crude lines painted in around the edge areas that are best to hunt from, I wish I had saved it, I tend to just go all over the map.

Take my crude map instead, I really should make a proper guide sometime. Here's a short vid showing most of the spawn spots within each zone as well.
BoKhttx.jpg

A big tip is to increase your effects intensity to max in options so they glow brighter. NEVER Archwing blink anywhere, blinking does not reset the spawns. Use Equinox to instantly capture pest species like predasites and vulpaphyler or simply kill them as you do slow circuits to get their beeping out of the equation. 

These things are like pulling teeth. Fortuna wasn't bad to hunt on, but here, there's only 1 spawn. And it's a pain to see them (even more annoying when mobs come chasing after you, and you have one of those purple centipede things sniping you).

Plus the Proxy sound of the rifle isn't that great. I wish it would offer changes in audio level, or the arrows on the side would blink where to look. I can hear it beep and never see a thing.

EDIT
This is just salting the wound when OTHERS spawn up there

3EeyZ6K.jpg

On 2020-08-28 at 12:39 AM, thoseotherguys said:

• Fly with Tranq-Rifle

An alternative to the shooting from the air and accidentally ground slamming .... Ivara or Ivara Prime. Just climb up while cloaked. That's all I've been doing. And there are plenty of resources to keep energy maxed out.

West of Cerebrum Magna is a conservation spot for Common Arvichae.

Take the mission and go to the tunnel under the east part of Cerebrum Magna. There is the lure spot. Use your lure.

The bird will then spawn on top or inside of the Cerebrum Magna. Unfortunately, that last one is a bug. 

On 28/8/2020 at 06:39, thoseotherguys said:

Newb Guide per persone a cui non piace leggere 

• Go Solo (Opzionale per impedire alle persone di uccidere animali / rumore)
  • Vola con Tranq-Rifle
  • Indossa le cuffie per sentire il segnale acustico di prossimità
  • Cerca i contorni luminosi degli animali (Avichaea è piccola e volante)
  • Spara dall'alto (così non ti vedono arrivare)
  • Scendi e combatti verso l'alto per evitare di sbattere a terra e uccidere l'animale tranquillizzato  😅
  • Continua a tornare a Cerebrum Magna (Area)

Per quelli di noi che non hanno passato molto tempo a cacciare la fauna selvatica (sono completamente nuovo ai contenuti di conservazione), il mio più grande passo avanti è stato realizzare che il Tranq Rifle ha effettivamente un segnale acustico di prossimità. Non qualcosa che tende ad apparire così spesso quando si sfogliano i primi risultati del forum su Google per chi non lo sapesse e non avendo mai notato quando non sta emettendo segnali acustici. Ho appena ricevuto 8 Common Avichaea in meno di un'ora di gioco (e la maggior parte di questo era prima di capire il corretto uso del fucile tranq)

Ottima spiegazione, grazie! ❤️

On 2020-08-27 at 12:56 PM, disrawtomato said:

It's the same nightmare as capturing birds in Orb Valis. Those damned things teleport dodge your shots. 

May I recommend using Equinox's Rest?

If you have the frame its the absolute best way to capture wild life in any open world

(any creature in a single cast except from velocipods as they need a shot from the tranq rifle or their context action will still be to ride them)

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zuh-SoulOfCrota said:

It seems like the Conservation system is bugged on this one, so I searched for them on the wild, for what I can see they spawn at Cerebrum magna, a trick to make them spawn is getting close, checking with your Tranq Rifle near the top of the structure and if they didn't spawn you should advance somewhere two blinks from the tip of the structure and then return to check if they spawned, if they did tranq them, capture, rinse an repeat.

That's how I got my 5 Common Avichaea Tags for rank 3 with the Entrati.

They will spawn in groups of 2 to 3, but be careful as the enemies can kill them easily, good luck and tell me of any finds, better spots, etc

Reveal hidden contents

EgU32-oWsAAJwON?format=jpg&name=large

thanks for the tips, this really worked i made the mistake of choosing the gem instead of the lure as rank up reward, but with this tip i was able to get the tags for the next rank up without needing the lure

Archived