Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I gave that token mess another try

o0Despair0o

I decided to play some more now that I've had about 4 hours of sleep, decided to play 2 Isolation Vaults. One solo, one public.

12-14 mother tokens both times, bunch of ressources.

I managed to get to Rank 1 and already have all the requirements for Rank 2, except for 8 Daughter Tokens.

The whole thing took about an hour.

The Vaults are painfully slow solo, and acceptable in a full squad.

The layout seems to be identical everytime so eventually you get a good idea where exactly you're supposed to go. (although the "teleport worm" at the end is apparently dead, you need to backtrack every time.)

So, the way I see it now, the only real problem with this system is the ridiculous requirements for ALL tokens except mother tokens.

I mean,

- Mother tokens - play bounties. Easy.

- Father tokens - regular ressources you pick up anyway. Acceptable.

- Daughter tokens - painfully bad. Go shove those fish where the sun doesn't shine, Lady!

- Son Tokens - Please don't. Have mercy, DE.

So really if we just reduce the ressource cost for father tokens, and burn Daughter and Son alive, this could work.

The vaults are really good for gathering resources for Father though; lots of enemies and plenty of... "urns" to smash. Then you have the vault itself on top of the Necromech's loot, and the hidden spare Necromech you can hop into after doing the puzzle in the vault area. I think it's fine personally, and oddly enough I find more animals to capture just flying around in archwing than I ever could going to the animal sites and using lures.

Il y a 1 heure, o0Despair0o a dit :

Did... you even read my post?

Besides, the complaints started like 12 hours ago.

There is nothing special to read, you speak about vault runs then complain about fishing and hunting. 

Are you gonna pretend that's not what you wrote ?

I really don't see the problem here. I played 2 bounties this morning and got a bit over 200 mother tokens from those bounties alone.  The Daughter is doable since I like fishing anyway and the only real problems are Otak tokens and Son tokens. Son would be completely doable if I had access to more echo-lures. And to be brutally honest I PREFER having these tokens instead of straight-up standing. Vox Solaris did this before and I don't see many complaints about that, same with SU and the bonds.

25 minutes ago, Salt_KuHa said:

I really don't see the problem here. I played 2 bounties this morning and got a bit over 200 mother tokens from those bounties alone.  The Daughter is doable since I like fishing anyway and the only real problems are Otak tokens and Son tokens. Son would be completely doable if I had access to more echo-lures. And to be brutally honest I PREFER having these tokens instead of straight-up standing. Vox Solaris did this before and I don't see many complaints about that, same with SU and the bonds.

It would be much better if the tokens weren't random. I think this is the main issue really. The fact that you can go out and do stuff in the Cambion Drift, come back and find out all your work grants 0 tokens of use.

3 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It would be much better if the tokens weren't random. I think this is the main issue really. The fact that you can go out and do stuff in the Cambion Drift, come back and find out all your work grants 0 tokens of use.

I guess. I just always check the token offerings before I enter the Cambion Drift so I know what I'm looking for. That and I literally catch every fish and capture every animal I come across just to stock up on the resources even if the current Token offerings require something else. Only thing I haven't yet done is mining since the spots are infuriatingly hard to find...

34 minutes ago, Salt_KuHa said:

Vox Solaris did this before and I don't see many complaints about that, same with SU and the bonds

Vox Solaris Toroids are "Kill a bunch of stuff in these places"... no one's really going to complain about that, it's basic Warframe farming all over again. Solaris United Bonds can be traded for pretty much anything so it's not like you have to do any given activity.

3 minutes ago, Salt_KuHa said:

I guess. I just always check the token offerings before I enter the Cambion Drift so I know what I'm looking for. That and I literally catch every fish and capture every animal I come across just to stock up on the resources even if the current Token offerings require something else. Only thing I haven't yet done is mining since the spots are infuriatingly hard to find...

I find it freedom restricting to have to do something very specific. I rather go out into the drift, do my thing and come back and have at least part of it being useful. Now I need animal A, item part B and component X to turn into a token which may or may not be there and then I go to grandmother and there's no conversion for these tokens so I have to choose to be inefficient or wait. I enjoy the plains because going out there and just doing stuff is useful. I don't have to go and check a list which is there for 30 mins and hurry up and hope I can find what's on that list.

I guess the main issue is the conservation requirement. fishing is easy and I don't mind it, mining gets dull but that's if I spend ages at it. conservation in the past has made me want to snap my tranq rifle in half and impale someone with a Zaw.

far as I know there's random animals on open maps now so I'm basically gonna do an america and tranq anything that moves. it sucks having a mechanic I dislike as a grindwall, but it's not the first time. just got to get on with it.

3 minutes ago, Ethorin said:

Vox Solaris Toroids are "Kill a bunch of stuff in these places"... no one's really going to complain about that, it's basic Warframe farming all over again. Solaris United Bonds can be traded for pretty much anything so it's not like you have to do any given activity.

Didn't buying bonds require fish parts? And toroids are such a rare drop that they might as well not exist. 

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

I find it freedom restricting to have to do something very specific. I rather go out into the drift, do my thing and come back and have at least part of it being useful. Now I need animal A, item part B and component X to turn into a token which may or may not be there and then I go to grandmother and there's no conversion for these tokens so I have to choose to be inefficient or wait. I enjoy the plains because going out there and just doing stuff is useful. I don't have to go and check a list which is there for 30 mins and hurry up and hope I can find what's on that list.

Yeah I can understand that. Personally I prefer this token system just because it's different and makes the new open world seem a bit less like a copy of orb vallis/poe. I agree that the token system isn't the best solution because it restricts player freedom but at least it's different from just doing bounties/ just hunting for standing which was getting pretty annoying.

Archived