Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My feedback so far on Necramech enemy

Xardis

Terrible to fight, even more so for solo. I expected it to be tanky, and challanging, but not a bag of very cheap tricks. He has multiple ways to one shot even the most tanky frames, he gets sentient dimminished ability effect, he can stright up prevent you from using abilities, he can force you out of operator, he becomes only vunerable when both arms are off, thats when his only attack is the one shot attack and then his weak spot is on his back. He also likes to turn very fast to the point that fighting this thing solo is a nightmare. This is not meaningful difficulty, this is very cheap.

He is supposedly void shielded, fine, dimminished effect from abilties stays, but drop the forcing you out of operator, either drasticly reduce damage from granades, or reduce their spread and telegraph this specific attack better, not to mention make its cooldown higher, coz thats the only attack he spams when he has no arms. Reduce his turn speed, his arms are for aiming, not his body.

This enemy is a mess, I dont want him to be easy, I want him to be a fair challange, now, its anything but fair. If I threw someone completly new to souls games to Issin Ashina it would be more fair than level 30 bounty Necramech.

One of the most unfun things in Warframe short of a room with multiple parasitic eximi and a couple nullifiers.

Imagine fighting Wolf in a room full of respawning cold slow barrels that go off in proximity.   Who can randomly decide to prevent you from using operator apparently, which only feels like a horrific poor feedback bug.

And then the actual infested will one-shot you with homing one-shot projectiles with invisible gas procs for a billion damage a second.   The blade-centipedes will stunlock you, so they effectively oneshot you as well.

It's also an enemy that ignores Revenant's defenses. Not directly, but like that Grineer gunship in Plains of Eidolon, each shot immediately strips a Mesmer Skin charge instead of having a second or two of cooldown before another is lost.

When it fires its mines after losing both arms, I have to be very careful to stay away from it or have my defenses completely melted.

Also worth mentioning: Stop the damn thing from STANDING IN PLACE and picking its arm back up IMMEDIATELY after you shoot it off, if you're going to treat it as a vulnerability gate instead of letting the player fight it openly and carrying the arm's sustained damage fully onto its health.

If all we can do to properly damage it is shoot it in the back while it has no arms, then there should be a reasonable hard-coded lower limit on how quickly it can re-attach them.

23 hours ago, Xardis said:

Terrible to fight, even more so for solo. I expected it to be tanky, and challanging, but not a bag of very cheap tricks. He has multiple ways to one shot even the most tanky frames, he gets sentient dimminished ability effect, he can stright up prevent you from using abilities, he can force you out of operator, he becomes only vunerable when both arms are off, thats when his only attack is the one shot attack and then his weak spot is on his back. He also likes to turn very fast to the point that fighting this thing solo is a nightmare. This is not meaningful difficulty, this is very cheap.

He is supposedly void shielded, fine, dimminished effect from abilties stays, but drop the forcing you out of operator, either drasticly reduce damage from granades, or reduce their spread and telegraph this specific attack better, not to mention make its cooldown higher, coz thats the only attack he spams when he has no arms. Reduce his turn speed, his arms are for aiming, not his body.

This enemy is a mess, I dont want him to be easy, I want him to be a fair challange, now, its anything but fair. If I threw someone completly new to souls games to Issin Ashina it would be more fair than level 30 bounty Necramech.

Let me guess, also status immune?

10 hours ago, Mephane said:

Let me guess, also status immune?

Yup, that too.

But on the upside, seams that Archguns are very effective against them. Not that its something that is accessible for new players, thats another issue entirely.

I hate this enemy too; popping it's arms is simple to do, just aim and fire. BUT - when it loses both arms, it becomes invulnerable AND puts on some kinda shield that reflects all your damage back to you. Worst part is, the shield lasts until its arms grow back (and more), so you have to wait until shield is gone and then destroy the arms again. And then it puts the shield back. Really "fun" and "challenging" and "fair" fight.

Enemies that are supposed to be hit in a weak spot PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO ALWAYS KEEP THAT WEAK SPOT AWAY FROM THE PLAYER. Necramechs (and Thumpers) should be barely able to turn if they're meant to be attacked on weak spots, instead of being able to just spin them out of view immediately. Or something they do should lock their movement completely for several seconds. You know, like a certain Grineer boss who is attacked in weak spots who actually presents them as weak spots instead of a cheap invulnerability.

2 hours ago, vaarnaaarne said:

You know, like a certain Grineer boss who is attacked in weak spots who actually presents them as weak spots instead of a cheap invulnerability.

They're already borrowing from a Grineer boss, though.

Unfortunately, it's Vay Kek instead of Lech and/or Sargas.

That's right. Even Sargas, that bastion of anti-fun fight design, at least keeps his weak-spots accessible once you've actually enticed him into revealing them.

3 hours ago, GodModeFrame said:

I hate this enemy too; popping it's arms is simple to do, just aim and fire. BUT - when it loses both arms, it becomes invulnerable AND puts on some kinda shield that reflects all your damage back to you. Worst part is, the shield lasts until its arms grow back (and more), so you have to wait until shield is gone and then destroy the arms again. And then it puts the shield back. Really "fun" and "challenging" and "fair" fight.

I've taken to treating this as a 'manage your shield gate' challenge of sorts. Poking one or two sniper rounds into them while making sure my shield started recharging between shots seems to strip off the ability without murdering me, assuming I don't get blindsided by anything else in the meantime.

Doesn't help much when they track me faster than I can move around behind them. Even in stealth, sometimes, they just lock those soulless empty eye-sockets on me and stare, no matter how much I try to circle-strafe so I have LoS on the weak point.

Archived