Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos is exactly what Warframe needed

PopGligor

First of all, the new update isn't perfect, but I'll deliberately ignore the problems with the syndicate progression. 

This update is EXACTLY what Warframe needed. The new quest is so fresh, funny, entertaining. The characters are both mysterious and relatable. The dysfunctional family dynamic blew me away. I gotta wonder what family did the writer of the quest grew up in, and how many years of therapy it took them to get over it. I... I like all of the new characters. You can totally relate to all of them in one way or another. 

The new zone is awesome, it is a weird breath of infested fresh air. It's smaller size and verticality work great. New enemies, fighting feels refreshing. 

You have a new toy that you WANT to pursue. The necramech was teased in the quest beautifully, DE was clearly confident in it so much, that you spend most of the time fighting in the quest in it. And now I WANT to build my own. This isn't like archwing, which feels awkward, or Railjack, which... even if the mode is fun, there's nothing to it, there's no reason to want a Railjack right now. 

There's mystery, the weird pylons that you activate with the Tenno... what the hell are those things? I dunno, but I KNOW progressing Loid's syndicate will give answers.

And most importantly - it is more of Warframe. It's not a new game that DE tries to shove inside of the game, like Railjack. It's just more of good old Warframe and after so many disappointmenting updates, this is exactly what was needed. 90% of this is DE at their best and the other 10% is missteps with syndicate progression. Even the token system is awesome, and I want it retroactively added to Cetus and Fortuna. I've been wanting weekly standing caps instead of daily ones for ages! And now we more or less have them. Except they're infinite caps, you just need to log in and trade the tokens in. This system is again, 90% great and the other 10% is missteps with syndicate progression. 

I second this entirely.

And yes, we know it's not perfect, and yes, we know that after a couple of months it will become just a new place where we farm some time-intensive reward, but the first impression was astonishing 🙂

New open world - good.

New mobs - good

New npc's - good

Same old grindy rubbish with a mildly different flavour - bad

Grinding is at the heart of The Frame, always has been, always will be. Just disappointed DE couldn't come up with a system that isn't a carbon copy of POE / Orb Vallis with different skins and and names.

8 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Aaaaand will be abandoned after month

For my part... yes, I will.

But only because all the special missions like void fissures, invasions, syndicates, kuva liches/siphons, etc. are strictly Warframe starchart.  Integrate these sub-missions into the open world bounties and railjack (and Uranus,) and I'll be all over them as a matter of preference.  

I play for fun, but if I can play for fun AND get glittering prizes, I'll choose the latter.  Who says "no" to having their cake and eating it too?

Just now, Lost_Cartographer said:

For my part... yes, I will.

But only because all the special missions like void fissures, invasions, syndicates, kuva liches/siphons, etc. are strictly Warframe starchart.  Integrate these sub-missions into the open world bounties and railjack (and Uranus,) and I'll be all over them as a matter of preference.  

This would be very nice. At the very least, open world means to acquire the content.

Kuva can technically be acquired from Cetus, but a dedicated Kuva acquisition mode would be thematic thanks to the Unum bleeding the stuff (say, the Grineer made off with some and you're tracking them to stop it?), invasion rewards as 'special deliveries' that you hijack in Fortuna, that sort of thing. 

10 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

Both PoE and Fortuna are still alive, mate. The game isn't just about the 1% who are constantly optimizing their own fun out of the game.

Maybe for few players which repeat Eidolones every night, sure, but content wise they are dead end 

17 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Maybe for few players which repeat Eidolones every night, sure, but content wise they are dead end 

All content is dead end. This is why there needs to be regular updates to give us new things. My favorite updates aren't new modes, or new rewards, but new enemies, new challenges and basically the game asking you to change your approach, even marginally. 

I thought the new quest was a bit short. I finished it in about an hour and I took my time exploring and gathering items and checking things out. Now it's just a hub with bounties and nothing more going on. I hope it will unlock more quests later. This whole Derelict turns into Deimos with no backstory and the heart and whatnot. Nothing is explained at all. It's just about a bickering family, which is not the issue, but there's just nothing more. And there's so much potential here.

the quest was pretty good, my only issues are the back and forth between the Necralisk and Cambion drift (once or twice, sure, but every objective meant going through the waiting room. thank god this time the room looks awesome!) and a couple of audio glitches with Daughter. there's also a secret MGS reference in the final fight, which was pretty neat; it tells me that the devs were actually having fun with the writing on this one.

today begins my long and infested blood-soaked journey to become a member of the Entrati family, and get myself some weapons, insane mods, and a shiny new Necramech. 

I agree about the mech thing and unlike poe and orbvallis the new open world looks actually good... Everything else,ehh the family is written okay but they talk a bit too much in this quest,most of the time taken from the new quest for me was them talking non stop.

Infested are still easy to kill and a pretty boring faction,its just that we got more abominations added to the mob list including some crappy infested centipedes weee tho who knows we might get giant worms someday tho im really doubting it...

Bounties are bounties,just a lil bit more variety than other open worlds but they are still meh and will be probs get boring after youve done all of em.

Idk if you can build your own mech but i wish you can tho,i think you can build your own infested bud at son but that needs open world grind and i aint feeling like it at all.

Its what i was expected,other than mechs being good/okay i guess and open world actually looking good its what i was expecting mostly

9 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I thought the new quest was a bit short. 

For a warframe quest I thought it was alright. In fact, it might be my favorite warframe quest yet. I enjoyed the lack of grind in it. You just play it and enjoy it, without being constantly tripped by weird and obscure requirements. I really dislike the early Warframe quests. I've been doing the Limbo quest with my brother and... boy, it's just so bad. Doing the old content is a good reminder of how far Warframe has come.

3 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

For a warframe quest I thought it was alright. In fact, it might be my favorite warframe quest yet. I enjoyed the lack of grind in it. You just play it and enjoy it, without being constantly tripped by weird and obscure requirements. I really dislike the early Warframe quests. I've been doing the Limbo quest with my brother and... boy, it's just so bad. Doing the old content is a good reminder of how far Warframe has come.

None of the major quests have these requirements. Only the side quests for frames may have those requirements. Try Titania. If you haven't scanned anything on Earth prior to this, you're in for quite a long time of searching for stuff.

Also the Harrow quest and Inaros quests are good too. Harrow being better than most frame quests and it doesn't have irky requirements either.

I'm not complaining about the quality of the quest. I really enjoyed it. Hence my disappointment with it's length and the apparant lack of follow up. I really really hope there's more, because if this is it then it's a waste of potential of creating this entire world.

8 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

That reminds me of , Chromas quest. IIRC it took days to finish,so i agree with you, Warframe has come a long way.

the quest was "meh" at best.

the characters are annoying and deserve to be purged in flames.

the Necramech could be ok if someone wouldn't have added stamina bars to them.

the overall grind is like a russian nesting doll, where you are forced to do everything even if you don't like it.

you have to do bounties AND conservation AND fishing AND mining

where in fortuna you were free to farm your standing in any way you wanted and you could hit up ticker to get the few debt bonds you did not get in the bounties.

I played a little yesterday until my quest bugged. So far I liked the characters. I liked the open world(although it feels much smaller  compared to fortuna) and it's residents. 

Then I went to bed. Today I woke up and read the reviews on the forums. They are mostly negative. I'll play in a bit and see for myself. 

no it is nice look but still not what warframe needs as its still shallow and repetitive as the other open worlds and completely disconnect with the rest of the game warframe needs quest and maps finishing the other planets tile sets that they have been postergating for years now 

Archived