Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos enemy health seems too large

blackflashcannon

Ive been playing deimos for a few hours now and I have noticed that the health of infested targets seems rediculously durable and large even comparing to orb vallis. not just that, some enemies appear to be immune outright to viral damage and procs. did health get massively increased for the enemies here? it feels like it is 5 times the normal health bars and armor

Enemies are absolutely great this update. I haven't tried with an optimized load out, but with my Titania (built for good survivability through adaptation and aviator, with a decent Dex Pixia build), lvl 5 bounties actually require my attention, I need to prioritize dodging attacks (that thank everything that's holy, are telegraphed!) and "heavies" at least survive some shots from the exalted weapon. 

Yeah, the fact that they are immune to Viral procs makes sense thematically, but we all know it's just a bandaid for the obscenely excessive power that viral has, DE should probably address the root of the issue instead of running circles around it.

39 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

Go corrosive, and no, mobs are good the way they are.

Well no, full immunity to status instead of merely 90 or 100% reduced duration (so that condi duration mods could counter it, actually encouraging build diversity) along with S#&$ like DE again making enemies using the 2k AW attacks against on ground warframes, ground tar (silk in this case) able to spawn below the surface geometry yet still damages you while stacking with itself and someone forgetting to put a . before 0s on some attacks (the giant cnb enemy/jugulus for example has a shaft larva attack that chunks for more damage at level 40 than a steel path bombard rocket while having better tracking and 4 times the speed) are legit issues.

Their hp and armor stats tho seem in line with other regular enemies.

Please for the love of [insert whatever you want here] stop complaining and improve your build, because so far I have seen even r15's dealing pretty well with HoD mobs, It's because of posts like these that DE then decides to nerf mobs when there's no need to.

1 hour ago, ZarTham said:

Go corrosive, and no, mobs are good the way they are.

How do I dislike somebody's post?

Seriously, the mobs here have the same issues that on-launch OV Corpus did, that Juno Elite Corpus still have, except that it's turned up to 11. Their health is on par with early Steel Path foes at level 50, their damage is nigh-unavoidable and on par with Sortie foes, and they do a whole bunch of CC and blend in with the background. The infested aren't meant to be the spongiest cannons, they're meant to overwhelm you with sheer force of numbers. At the moment, Deimos foes combine all the positive traits of Glass Cannon, Wall of Flesh, and Endless Tide... except without any of the drawbacks.

8 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

Please for the love of [insert whatever you want here] stop complaining and improve your build, because so far I have seen even r15's dealing pretty well with HoD mobs, It's because of posts like these that DE then decides to nerf mobs when there's no need to.

You're one of those people who complained when they fixed OV, aren't you? All we ask for is consistent level scaling and fair enemy weight distributions.

3 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

You're one of those people who complained when they fixed OV, aren't you? All we ask for is consistent level scaling and fair enemy weight distributions.

Yeh I did complained, because DE doesn't seem to know that old players make a good chunk of their player base, they keep on making stuff for new players only.

Like I said, so far I have seen low MRs handling HoD pretty well, while some of the complainers here are MR20+

1 minute ago, ZarTham said:

Yeh I did complained, because DE doesn't seem to know that old players make a good chunk of their player base, they keep on making stuff for new players only.

How is consistency in the meaning of enemy level a "for new players only" thing? Harder enemies are not the issue, the issue is that the enemy level on every open world is a lie at launch.

15 минут назад, blackflashcannon сказал:

i just ran elite sanctuary onslaught and was killing 'higher' level enemies faster than deimos enemies with the same build

Should we take your words as truth? I dunno you personally dude, havent drank on brudershaft with you. Mind if I ask for proof? Numbers? Screens?

45 минут назад, Iamabearlulz сказал:

How is consistency in the meaning of enemy level a "for new players only" thing? Harder enemies are not the issue, the issue is that the enemy level on every open world is a lie at launch.

I am all for consistency. Let the game be consistent.

What I disagree is idea that "enemy level" should be the measure of consistency. Enemy level is just another number in scaling formulas and equasions for devs. In the end, countless hours of endurance dudes have proven that enemy level 9999 does not matter if you apply proper builds and tactics (so called cheese builds). Besides, infested are infamous for being the weakest possible foe even on the steel path.

What people (and OP) are mostly arguing for is consistency of approach, to not overthink or overcomplicate their gameplay. DE's shenanigans with status immunity is a bad thing, but I see how they are trying to spice things to shake the stale state of the game.

My problem with this is such spicing made my favourite frame largely irrelevant in any level of the game, believe me or not.

50 minutes ago, Miyabi-sama said:

What I disagree is idea that "enemy level" should be the measure of consistency

EXCEPT THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT LEVELS ARE.

As a mechanics levels are called such because they are power levels, the measure of power difference of point 1 to point 2 to point 3, etc, its why a level 100 enemy should in theory be twice as hard as a level 50, and in good games they are. Hell even in loose systems more akin to warframe it all scales off level, even damn CR (aka challenge rating aka power level) of a enemies in D&D which is infamously terrible as it ignores some more important factors generally fits the scales (A CR 20 in 5e should have around 300 hp and hit for total around 65-90 damage a round while CR 10 have 150 and 28-35).

Archived