Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos enemy health seems too large

blackflashcannon

4 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Imagine: lancer vs. kuva lancer. Former has puny grakata tickling you and barely posing a threat, latter has grinlok which seriously hurts and those slash procs are no joke.

Moreover, high level void missions have higher damage modifier.

Moreover, steel path enemies are also not following their regular "challenge rating", having beefed up EHP.

All of what you're describing are bad things, though - signs of bad design. I, for instance, didn't know that T4 Void enemies had a hidden +200% damage buff. They look and behave like standard Corrupted, yet sometimes I was getting killed far faster than I was expecting. I had no idea why this was happening and wasn't able to pin it down to anything specific to Mot until someone on the Forums here guessed my issue and straight-up told me. The same goes for the Terra Corpus. I was consistently able to handle level 60 or so enemies, then I went to Orb Vallis and "got rekt." I had no idea why it was happening or what I was doing wrong. Only later was it explained to me that I was fighting what amounted to much higher level enemies. Evo/Kosma Grineer are probably the worst offenders here, because they look and act like normal Grineer yet have something like 10 times the EHP, and the only reason I know this is I followed the Dev Streams.

I'm not opposed to difficult enemies. I'm not opposed to the Steel Path, including its exotic modifiers. Fair enough. I don't, however, understand or accept enemies showing one level over their heads but having the stats of a much higher level. If DE want Deimos Infested to be much harder than normal, then fine. Go right ahead. But put enemy levels to where their stats belong. Don't pretend we're fighting level 30 enemies when they have the health of level 60 enemies. Or, failing that, use standard scaling and give them some kind of additional modifier that's announced at bounty selection.

I'll give you an example. The Division 2 has standard enemy health, armour and damage scaling. If you up the difficulty, however, the game puts a couple of icons in your UI. One is for enemies have ++health and one is for enemies having ++damage. So if I get rekt or seem to be doing next to no damage against level 40 enemies I can normally blast my way through, all I need to do is have a look at the corner of my screen and go "Ah, right. This is a Challenging mission. That's why." There's really no reason why Warframe couldn't do the same, other than DE would have to have... You know, some kind of standard of enemy design and difficulty on which modifications can be applied.

I was shocked too when I saw how durable the news enemies where. But to be honest I like it, makes Deimos gameplay a little different and It's nice not to oneshot everything outisde of steel path. If we have to give up some number consistency (that in reality 99% of players don't even care) for some spiced up gameplay in an open world, so be it. 

11 minutes ago, MattDarkcrow said:

I was shocked too when I saw how durable the news enemies where. But to be honest I like it, makes Deimos gameplay a little different and It's nice not to oneshot everything outisde of steel path. If we have to give up some number consistency (that in reality 99% of players don't even care) for some spiced up gameplay in an open world, so be it. 

There's a difference between "spiced up gameplay" and "1-tapped by barely-visible homing Beyblades of Doom". Deimos falls on the wrong side of that line.

I'm just going to say this...

DE just opened up helminth system to mr8 players, they need rank 3 like us so in essence mr8 players need to be able to do some of the missions so at the very least the first 2-3 mission tiers should be playable by ALL, after that they can get a bit harder. 

the Health Types that Heavy/Special Infested have tend to be resistant to Viral Damage after all, only being useful via the Viral Status to compensate for the Resistances to make Damage Types that the Infested aren't weak to be able to perform better versus Eximus and such.

sounds like a job for your Codex.

I think DE were trying to strike a balance, to satisfy the players who want a challenge and those who don't. Personally, I think they got it mostly right. All the bounties are still essentially cheesable by mashing E with just about any melee weapon, but there's still some challenge for players who like to use ranged weapons. I'm enjoying it, it feels right to have melee be the panic weapon when things aren't going my way and I need to turn the tide.

Immunity to status effect is no good. Ignoring a core mechanic like that is never good design and things should be consistent. Stuff that gets thrown at us having little to no counter play or no indication of source is also a problem, visibility and pacing tend to be issues too often in this game, its not a problem for a projectile to be fast if the launching animation is clear with the timing and direction, but enemies don't do that very well in this game (with things like a Lich grab while at its back, and the lich just "spins" in place).

Many here saying the "difficulty" is fine often are playing frames that can ignore most enemy mechanics, like Inaros, Wukong and co. while using stuff like Primed Surefooted.

A lvl 30 (20 even) Jugulus disc attack can oneshot a Mag with Adaptation and Quick Thinking when it procs Slash OR Gas (if gas, then dead sentinel). Multiple Jugulus can spawn at once and there are other enemies that can do considerable damage like the Venis Mutalist ranged attacks, with particles flying all around, that makes things unclear.

DE still needs to tone down their over abundant use of stagger animations across the game, if it was done by around 1 tier of stun animation that would already be an improvement to game flow. And make the stagger client sided instead of influenced by latency...

A bit unrelated, but is Carnis Carapace even with the right stats? +90% health on Protea means from 300 to 390, 90 health and 10% damage reduction from the 60% armor, 90 health and 10% damage reduction to health, its like there is a missing number somewhere. Perhaps DE should start using flat numbers as well instead of %, or perhaps both, then use which ever is higher or something to even out potentials a bit.

Archived