Remove mandatory conservation ASAP.

This is probably the silliest idea I've seen you guys implement in a while. If you guys aren't getting a clear picture here, a lot of us don't enjoy these busy-work activities. I'm not collecting floofs in order to progress my standing! Get rid of the son tokens for rank 3 ASAP please, and thanks. 

In fact, get rid of Son requirements for ANY rank. Mandatory conservation should NOT be a thing. 

This is why it's a bad idea to waste people's time with mandatory Conservation: 

https://imgur.com/a/TbiThF2

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 46

This x1000. Let us progress through Deimos via core combat, credits, plat, any alternative to MMO minigames would be welcome. It does seem like you can farm Vaults or pay plat at the NPC vendors as an alternative to fishing and mining, why is there no such alternative to conservation?

Edited by Xylena_Lazarow
  • Like 12

Nobody likes hunting animals when it's mandatory to level up and to add to that hunt insane amount of animals because that's the only way to get tokens to rank up a syndicate. What a dumb and tedious idea.

• Like 14
18 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:

Nobody likes hunting animals when it's mandatory to level up and to add to that hunt insane amount of animals because that's the only way to get tokens to rank up a syndicate. What a dumb and tedious idea.

Perfectly said. I was trying to be politically correct, but honestly, It's just a DUMB idea.

• Like 8

I must agree, I always hated the animal capture mini-game and was so happy it wasnt compulsory. Now they made it part of the rank up (and god knows what else), just why... 

Edited by xombob89
  • Like 7

This, conservation is the least enjoyable activity for me, ive never wanted to do it and ill never want to do it. i dont mind it existing as an optional minigame, but Requiring it is a big no no.

I dont want to grind hours doing a boring minigame just so i can progress. and its the primary reason im not playing the update right now, and i was really excited for it.

i got the the part where i found out i needed 5 son tokens looked at how i got them then went welp i guess im not playing for a while.

• Like 6
  1. DE Implements neet thing
  2. DE realizes few are doing what they implemented, new rewards are released as motivation
  3. DE realizes that's not enough and rewards are only temporary, so they send the mechanic to nightwave
  4. DE realizes you only use said mechanic during nightwave, so they implement it into the core game.

This seems to be the patern on some things, they collected the data from fortuna and now changed things up to force us to do it.

It's busy work that isn't all that rewarding.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:
  2. DE realizes few are doing what they implemented, new rewards are released as motivation
  3. DE realizes that's not enough and rewards are only temporary, so they send the mechanic to nightwave
  4. DE realizes you only use said mechanic during nightwave, so they implement it into the core game.

This seems to be the patern on some things, they collected the data from fortuna and now changed things up to force us to do it.

I dont mind busy work or grinding... if that busy work or grinding is actually playing the core game.

• Like 6
Just now, Avlaen said:

I dont mind busy work or grinding... if that busy work or grinding is actually playing the core game.

Sure, but DE wants to put the artists and animators work to use, Archguns in normal gameplay were born out of that, but in this case, they just can't figure out a way so they send it to nightwave and/or implemented into the core game.

Before it was a choice, now it's pretty much mandatory.

But yeah, playing the core game is way more fun, but DE hates that you do your own thing. I honestly don't know why.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I'll go as far as fishing and mining, that's actually kinda fun and rewarding. MANDATORY Conservation is simply too much for me. 

• Like 2

Conservation pisses me off because it normalizes fishing and mining. People are suddenly OK with that terrible task because conservation is so much worse.

It's a space ninja shooting game and they are forcing us to do tedious crap; over and over again and you should never be OK with it.

Edited by Hardwood
  • Like 17

I don't understand this decision. DE deliberately implemented fishing/mining/conservation fallbacks to Cetus and Fortuna in the form of the Exploiter Orb and the various Tusk Thumpers. Yet here we are right back where we started, with fishing/mining/conservation absolutely mandatory for progression. Why?

• Like 7
Just now, Steel_Rook said:

I don't understand this decision. DE deliberately implemented fishing/mining/conservation fallbacks to Cetus and Fortuna in the form of the Exploiter Orb and the various Tusk Thumpers. Yet here we are right back where we started, with fishing/mining/conservation absolutely mandatory for progression. Why?

To stretch out game play for players. Keep people playing/paying longer. It's "boring" repetitive work but its a means to an "end" for now. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

To stretch out game play for players. Keep people playing/paying longer. It's "boring" repetitive work but its a means to an "end" for now. 

Right, but they already changed that once for Cetus and Fortuna... Or are you thinking this is done to artificially inflate the grind for early adopters, until they lower the grind back down like a month from now?

Because honestly, I'm starting to think I should just wait. Deimos isn't fun when I have to spend hours doing Conservation - and I LIKE conservation.

• Like 4

i guess, but what about the busy work of standing around waiting for Timer based Objectives, or collecting 1359761397135917623845 versions of Credits, or Killing 205982752597257345623693496578 Lancers for some Mod Drops?

there's a lot of uninteresting busy work in the game.

30 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Well, partially. Mining and Fishing themselves aren’t mandatory, you can get mining resources and fishing components on most containers, especially in Isolation Vaults, to the point that I think it’s by far the best way to farm them. 
It’s true that Son tokens cost way too much right now, but I don’t see anything wrong in making players run a few conservation hunts, even if it’s “mandatory”.

Saying that “it’s not warframe” after it has been introduced as an established mechanic in all the landscapes is a bit counterintuitive. Saying that “these chores don’t belong in a space ninja action shooter” when most of the combat we do is standing still spamming nukes and E is a bit disingenuous as well. I bet that with bearable requirements, far less people would complain about it being mandatory in any shape or form.

Edited by (XB1)ShonFr0st
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Killing 205982752597257345623693496578 Lancers for some Mod Drops?

I don't know, this sounds pretty fun to me. I play this game for the combat primarily. Fishing is relaxing, and I can tolerate mining. Do we really need to take the frivolous activities any further?

Edited by Ikyr0
13 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Well, partially. Mining and Fishing themselves aren’t mandatory, you can get mining resources and fishing components on most containers, especially in Isolation Vaults, to the point that I think it’s by far the best way to farm them. 
It’s true that Son tokens cost way too much right now, but I don’t see anything wrong in making players run a few conservation hunts, even if it’s “mandatory”.

My point here is two-fold. Cetus and Fortuna worked quite well with Conservation being an alternative to running bounties. I got most of my Solaris United standing hunting Kubrowdons, for instance, just because I don't like the Orb Vallis bounties. In Deimos, I need to run Conservation AND Bounties and probably also some amount of Fishing and Mining on the side. It's not the end of the world, but it's far slower and more grindy than either Cetus or Fortuna.

Secondly, this goes against changes that DE did to both Cetus and Fortuna, which to me at least seemed intended to lessen the need for side activities. That seemed to be the direction they were headed - parallel game systems that players can choose between. And yet with Deimos, they've gone back on that design change quite a bit. There no longer are parallel game activities - they're all necessary for progression.

It's an odd decisions, is what I'm getting at. Not sure where that idea even came from.

• Like 1

And they are mandatory for the next rank too. I'm done with this crap. Enforcing a side activity almost everyone dislikes is the worst part of the update. Give us alternative ways to progress without animal conservation.

3lPKAQi.png

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 6
27 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I don't know, this sounds pretty fun to me. I play this game for the combat primarily. Fishing is relaxing, and I can tolerate mining. Do we really need to take the frivolous activities any further?

i play games for their Gameplay primary certainly - generic Lancers and other useless Enemies weren't interesting to Killing 2013, and still aren't. more complex Enemies that really ask things of me as a Player other than just clicking a lot(but not arbitrary things i have to do in order to Kill the one Enemy), that's when stuff gets fun.

i like the idea of Hunting, if it was a bit more uh.... hardcore? if you will. what we got with Venus Landscape and thusly the other Landscapes in turn was a bit underwhelming with how easy and isolated it was. i would legitimately enjoy actually tracking down Creatures i'm looking for or doing something else and seeing an interesting Creature and so bagging it. i was hoping for a Sci-Fi version of a Hunting game, but ofcouse we didn't quite get that.

just the same as Fishing could really be interesting if they stopped trying to force some unnecessarily convoluted and restrictive mechanics (""hotspots"") and like usual if it wasn't a content island.

either way the game does have a lot of very basic tasks that ask very little of the Player so as to functionally be a Timer more than anything else. so to me what's one mundane leaves something to be desired task from another? heh.
should stuff be a requirement? perhaps not. but there's also other Gameplay loops that don't need to be required but are. if i don't want to click on another half Million Lancers that don't do anything or respond back in some meaningful/interesting Combat, i can't just not do that, the game will force me to do that anyways. even if i wanted to replace all of the generic Enemies with newer Heavy/Special or Miniboss Enemies, i can't have that even if i want it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1