Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Have Too Much Crit?

Castellus

Question

I recently seem to have hit a wall in my process of modding. I was trying to level up my critical delay mod from rare 2 to rare 3. This seems to have confuzzled the system as it told me that it would exceed the capacity on my Paris. After checking my Paris it still had 1 more mod slot left before it would be maxed. Confused I removed critical delay and tried to level it again. This time it said it would exceed the capacity on my Soma. Checking the weapon showed it still had 2 mod slots left in that group. So after removing it again it had no argument Despite the fact I had also installed it in one of my Dread mod groups. So I was simply wondering if there is a limit on certain stats that you are not allowed to exceed?

6 answers to this question

I recently seem to have hit a wall in my process of modding. I was trying to level up my critical delay mod from rare 2 to rare 3. This seems to have confuzzled the system as it told me that it would exceed the capacity on my Paris. After checking my Paris it still had 1 more mod slot left before it would be maxed. Confused I removed critical delay and tried to level it again. This time it said it would exceed the capacity on my Soma. Checking the weapon showed it still had 2 mod slots left in that group. So after removing it again it had no argument Despite the fact I had also installed it in one of my Dread mod groups. So I was simply wondering if there is a limit on certain stats that you are not allowed to exceed?

if you can put a 150% crit chance mod on Synapse which has a 50% crit chance, then no there is no limit, try removing that mod from all the weapons, leveling it, then replacing it

It's not the crit chance - the system that figures out how many mod points is on a weapon and disallows upgrading is bugged.

I've many times encountered this error while leveling mods attached to weapons. Its just buggy atm, sometimes you have the room but it still wont let you do it.

It's not the stat cap, it's that you'd overflow the mod capacity on your Paris and Soma if you leveled that mod any further.

Level up those weapons or unequip the mod from them and try again.

That's not always the case in this situation. As others mentioned, sometimes you have the space but it bugs out on you, forcing you to unequip the mod, level it, then re-equip it in the spot it was before.

Every time I've encountered this bug has been for a mod on a matched polarity slot. Usually with mods of odd levels that I'm trying to bump to an even level which would mean no additional mod capacity cost.