Jump to content

why am i not gaining standing on deimos


Recommended Posts

I think they replaced acquiring standing itself from bounties with acquiring tokens that convert to standing. It's weird and a seemingly pointless change since they are still mostly used to get standing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's more like a combination of Tickers debt bonds and the Quills "tokens". You can combine tokens from Father, Mother, Daughter and Son into the more efficient "Grandmother" tokens when talking to Grandmother. This allows you to gain about 50% efficiency when turning in tokens with Grandmother. You can only gain standing turning in tokens with her.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

I think they replaced acquiring standing itself from bounties with acquiring tokens that convert to standing. It's weird and a seemingly pointless change since they are still mostly used to get standing.

The change seems to have been made in order to convert specific Deimos activities to Standing through Grandmother's Tokens so you don't have to prioritize Mother's bounties for standing. That way, you can progress in standing from doing "any" Deimos content (and Grandmother's tokens grant more standing than the smaller denominations).

Of course, functionally, this is untrue, and most of Grandmother's conversions require more than one type of Token.

Edited by AsheTempest
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

Whats even the point of converting tokens to Grandmother tokens? I assume doing so doesn't give any tangible increase to the amount of standing the player is receiving, so what is the point?

It's silly, imo. You can't rank up without getting the extra parts and items unlocked anyway, so the extra step to turn in was pointless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

It's weird and a seemingly pointless change since they are still mostly used to get standing.

Differently from other factions which you gain nothing from doing missions when you are capped with Daily or faction limit, this one allows you to store the additional reputation as Tokens for later use. That means what when you buy that item you wanted that required rep and you dont feel like doing the bounties, you can just use Tokens you have stored to replenish.

For me this is great because i have a lot of friends to carry to do missions in Deimos and even tho i have met my daily limit i will still get something to use later on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Differently from other factions which you gain nothing from doing missions when you are capped with Daily or faction limit, this one allows you to store the additional reputation as Tokens for later use. That means what when you buy that item you wanted that required rep and you dont feel like doing the bounties, you can just use Tokens you have stored to replenish.

That is a legitimate plus side to the system that I did not consider, but... I dunno, this whole thing just doesn't make me too keen to hop back in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

That is a legitimate plus side to the system that I did not consider, but... I dunno, this whole thing just doesn't make me too keen to hop back in.

I just hopped back in after a year off, game feels great right now I cant leave it alone. Add deimos too the other stuff Ive missed and man theres a LOT of content here. And now Ive got a whole open world and system full of infected too destroy.

 

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Differently from other factions which you gain nothing from doing missions when you are capped with Daily or faction limit, this one allows you to store the additional reputation as Tokens for later use. That means what when you buy that item you wanted that required rep and you dont feel like doing the bounties, you can just use Tokens you have stored to replenish.

For me this is great because i have a lot of friends to carry to do missions in Deimos and even tho i have met my daily limit i will still get something to use later on.

yea seems like a positive change, bloody good idea Bianca cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

I assume doing so doesn't give any tangible increase to the amount of standing the player is receiving, so what is the point

One of the trades was like, 2 Son tokens for 1 Grandmother.

That's 400 rep into 1,500.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

*1000 into 1500. Son tokens are worth 500.

But yeah, it increases their value by quite a bit at times.

Ah, I barely remember what I had for breakfast today.

Cheers for the clarification.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, GPrime96 сказал:

You have to turn in Tokens to Grand Mother to get your Standing. Atleast Steel Path makes that part not as bad.

I mean, even without Steel Path lvl 30-40 bounty gives 85 tokens (might be a bug, since lvl 40-50 gives only ~70) which is alot more standing than the Steel Path bounties from other open worlds.
Only downside is that conservation here seems to be heavily nerfed, compared to the other two, so you can't just cap your daily standing in a few minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AsheTempest said:

The change seems to have been made in order to convert specific Deimos activities to Standing through Grandmother's Tokens so you don't have to prioritize Mother's bounties for standing. That way, you can progress in standing from doing "any" Deimos content (and Grandmother's tokens grant more standing than the smaller denominations).

Of course, functionally, this is untrue, and most of Grandmother's conversions require more than one type of Token.

But you can do this in POE and vallis, without being forced. You can turn in fish for rep. Gems. Bonds from bounties. Bounties themselves. You can focus on one if you want or do multiple.

 

Here you have to do them all, with little choice in the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rantear said:

I mean, even without Steel Path lvl 30-40 bounty gives 85 tokens (might be a bug, since lvl 40-50 gives only ~70) which is alot more standing than the Steel Path bounties from other open worlds.
Only downside is that conservation here seems to be heavily nerfed, compared to the other two, so you can't just cap your daily standing in a few minutes.

Yeah really not a fan of it’s Conservation. Out of all the Activities loaded into Cambrion Drift, Conservation is the slowest one for gaining Tokens since 1. RNG is more needed to give you the right Animals for trading to the Son and 2. There’s not as much Start Points as the other Open Worlds.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...