Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don’t Understand the Token Hate

There are obviously some kinks to work out, particularly with the son tokens, but overall this is going be so much better than previous standing systems once those kinks are worked out.

You can just stockpile tokens for the next day, so for the first time you can actually farm past your standing limit. So I just don’t understand the hate.

EDIT: Couple people have pointed out that some of the annoyance comes from being forced into things like conservation. I agree with this and I do think they should implement multiple ways to get certain tokens, or just condense it to one or two types of tokens that can be obtained multiple ways. Overall though, token system good.

Is simple: people want everything handed down to them in a silver plate, some ppl are incapable of working for their stuff and too impatient to stockpile tokens.

Boi I bet some of them never played the old syndicate system.

Some players are conflating the lack of MMO minigame alternatives with the token system itself. Tokens are fine if there are multiple avenues to obtain them, but feel like a massive chore when you are "forced" into activities you do not enjoy in order to progress, namely conservation.

Just now, Yakhul said:

Is simple: people want everything handed down to them in a silver plate, some ppl are incapable of working for their stuff and too impatient to stockpile tokens.

Games shouldn't feel like work. I don't log into my space ninja sandbox ARPG shooter to play a bargain bin pokemon minigame.

I'm perfectly fine "working" if that work is actually the core WF combat I enjoy.

1 minute ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Some players are conflating the lack of MMO minigame alternatives with the token system itself. Tokens are fine if there are multiple avenues to obtain them, but feel like a massive chore when you are "forced" into activities you do not enjoy in order to progress, namely conservation.

This is very fair. I don’t love being forced into conservation either, I hate that S#&$. Overall though the token system is a great idea, and I agree I hope they change it so there’s multiple ways to obtain them. But even if they don’t, it’s not the biggest deal to me to grind it out.

il y a 4 minutes, Yakhul a dit :

Boi I bet some of them never played the old syndicate system.

Soooooo much of this. It's almost as if people willingly ignore the fact that it's a *looter* shooter. If you don't get dopamine spikes when seeing numbers grow up, maybe it's not the game for you.

If we'd listen to some people, we'd still be stuck with relic cracking and kuva farming only because anything else is met with a "oooooh noooo, grind in a grindfest game ? DE lazy and greedy and doesn't listen to meeeeeee"

It's RNG stacked on top of RNG is the primary gripe that I have. Using the Daughter as example, I have to fish, but I can't just turn in fish for tokens. I have to chop them up, and HOPE that I get the correct amount/types of pieces to correlate to whatever tokens are offered on a limited timer.

It just sucked a lot of enjoyment and relaxation out when I was excited to use the new Helminth system, only to find out it's seriously timegated behind this extra grind nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

This, OP. ^

I don’t want anything handed to me.  I purposely avoid using Plat to bypass content.

But give me a different way to get tokens for the “son” outside of conservation, even if it means penalties and takes longer 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

There are obviously some kinks to work out, particularly with the son tokens, but overall this is going be so much better than previous standing systems once those kinks are worked out.

You can just stockpile tokens for the next day, so for the first time you can actually farm past your standing limit. So I just don’t understand the hate.

EDIT: Couple people have pointed out that some of the annoyance comes from being forced into things like conservation. I agree with this and I do think they should implement multiple ways to get certain tokens, or just condense it to one or two types of tokens that can be obtained multiple ways. Overall though, token system good.

90% of the hate is the Son and daughter tokens...

They could fix this in 5 minutes... allow us to exchange tokens.. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Just now, Redfeather75 said:

There should be an arena with spec ninja fights against infested bosses or waves, and that gives uncle tokens.

And uncle tokens can be converted into any other token.

Something , anything other than the stupid broken conservation game.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This, OP. ^

I don’t want anything handed to me.  I purposely avoid using Plat to bypass content.

But give me a different way to get tokens for the “son” outside of conservation, even if it means penalties and takes longer 

Agreed, and I added an edit to my OP in response to that.

I didn't go deep into tokens, I just exchanged father tokens for some resources I found and returned mother tokens for rep.

From what I understand you need to do some conservation stuff for son tokens and fishing for the daughter ? If that is the case then it is a huge chore. I get that they want you to do those fun little games from time to time but mandating them would be a bad idea. Personally I stay away from those activities, once I gather the bare minimum required to craft something or level up the standing. 

I still think they'll tweak the token system, and maybe the crafting resources(like they did with other new systems), so I'm mostly playing without a specific intent at the moment. I'll farm Xaku first, and maybe move on to the melee weapons next. I have no clue about the necromech stuff, I only did one vault. 

There are some hiccups regarding performance, but so far it has been fun for me. 

Just now, White_Matter said:

I didn't go deep into tokens, I just exchanged father tokens for some resources I found and returned mother tokens for rep.

From what I understand you need to do some conservation stuff for son tokens and fishing for the daughter ? If that is the case then it is a huge chore. I get that they want you to do those fun little games from time to time but mandating them would be a bad idea. Personally I stay away from those activities, once I gather the bare minimum required to craft something or level up the standing. 

I still think they'll tweak the token system, and maybe the crafting resources(like they did with other new systems), so I'm mostly playing without a specific intent at the moment. I'll farm Xaku first, and maybe move on to the melee weapons next. I have no clue about the necromech stuff, I only did one vault. 

There are some hiccups regarding performance, but so far it has been fun for me. 

Wait for rank 3, when you have to go tag the annoying birds that fly all over the map.

Sure, people are clearly complaining about the token system... if you're intentionally going out of your way to ignore that people are specifically complaining about a previously optional activity no longer being optional, that also has more than 1 layers of RNG.

I have yet to see a complaint about tokens in general.

Just now, Yamazuki said:

Sure, people are clearly complaining about the token system... if you're intentionally going out of your way to ignore that people are specifically complaining about a previously optional activity no longer being option, that has more than 1 layers of RNG.

Yeah I think most people complaining about the tokens are because of the Son or Daughter tokens because they are annoying as heck.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This, OP. ^

There is another option, though it's currently got a bug. If you can get ahold of a weakened Vulpaphylas or Predasite (both of which can be attained free-roam), you can create companions. Level them and sell them back to the Son for Tokens. The bug is that the Fass residue is a component for building antigens and mutagens, but the crafting menu in the orbiter always views residue as 0, regardless of how many you have. Hopefully DE will fix that soon.

6 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Sure, people are clearly complaining about the token system... if you're intentionally going out of your way to ignore that people are specifically complaining about a previously optional activity no longer being optional, that also has more than 1 layers of RNG.

I have seen plenty of people asking for the token system to be removed. Like, literally all over these forums.

I also added an edit to my post regarding people being forced into certain things and said I agreed with that sentiment, which you clearly ignored.

2 minutes ago, icybirdy44 said:

There is another option, though it's currently got a bug. If you can get ahold of a weakened Vulpaphylas or Predasite (both of which can be attained free-roam), you can create companions. Level them and sell them back to the Son for Tokens. The bug is that the Fass residue is a component for building antigens and mutagens, but the crafting menu in the orbiter always views residue as 0, regardless of how many you have. Hopefully DE will fix that soon.

Bzztt Wont help that much as you still need bird tags that are near impossible to get to hit level 3 standing.

Archived