Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the Mechs are ugly and do not seem orokin design

dragonborn0998

according to the lore we got given, the Mechs came before warframes and the warframes were a better version of the Mechs which is understandable but my question is...

why the #*!% are they so ugly?

theyre meant to be made by the orokin, which guild everything in gold and expanded into the void with beautifully crafted ships and pedastal prime and then you have.. Corn mech. It seriously looks like a Corn with guns or even better... Butt plug mech. I couldn't play the mech without noticing its weird raindrop body and its twiggy little arms with over sized blastars and mech hands that i would draw for a stick figures back when i was 7.

i dont see why the orokin would ever make somethig so clunky and ugly and then pop out with these warframes that look like the guy the orokin told the mechs not to worry about.

They're pre-Tenno Orokin War Mechs designed to be immune to the Void, the Infestation, AND whatever other plot armor they seem to cook up. I think the grotesque and worn look of them fits the strange Orokin depictions of beauty perfectly.

The Grineer were also made by the Orokin.

Come to that my tablet and my bakers proving basket are both artefacts of the same culture attained within 10 miles ( 16 km) and 2 years of one another. Both wildly different.

Or, well, compare a modern civilian space (Void Tower) with a Main Battle Tank (Necromech).

I do think the "cocoon" (voidrig capsule) looks a bit weird chilling there in the middle with its pointy lower end visible from the back but overall, the Necramech looks cool for me.

I wish that they could integrate the capsule more into the whole mech, probably between the current Necramech design and the completely enclosed WH40K Dreadnought (this has a fallen astartes inside).

36 minutes ago, dragonborn0998 said:

according to the lore we got given, the Mechs came before warframes and the warframes were a better version of the Mechs which is understandable but my question is...

You just answered your own question.....

45 minutes ago, dragonborn0998 said:

When has the original attempt of something new ever looked better. Things are always function first, design later. The first version usually never makes it to public eye because of what you're complaining about.

54 minutes ago, dragonborn0998 said:

theyre meant to be made by the orokin, which guild everything in gold and expanded into the void with beautifully crafted ships and pedastal prime and then you have.. Corn mech. It seriously looks like a Corn with guns or even better... Butt plug mech. I couldn't play the mech without noticing its weird raindrop body and its twiggy little arms with over sized blastars and mech hands that i would draw for a stick figures back when i was 7.

i dont see why the orokin would ever make somethig so clunky and ugly and then pop out with these warframes that look like the guy the orokin told the mechs not to worry about.

They're really old and not well taken care of.

1 hour ago, dragonborn0998 said:

Snake was obviously an early version. The one we fight with in the quest has lots of gold and is clearly more refined in terms of detailing. 

1 hour ago, dragonborn0998 said:

according to the lore we got given, the Mechs came before warframes and the warframes were a better version of the Mechs

"The lore" first says and then proves the exact opposite at different points in the quest, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, DeccanTraps said:

The Grineer were also made by the Orokin.

The Grineer in Warframe's present time have centuries of accumulated clone rot, they weren't made to look like cancer on legs.

2 hours ago, dragonborn0998 said:

I can partially understand your point.
But then, i remember the Orokin being very decadent.
After all they are Kind of Artists and snow..... uhm well they are very open minded when it comes to design.
Just like Corpus, the Orokin seem to have a very abstract sense of Aesthetics ...
Like, why would they modify their genetics to have 1 long arm with a big hand.. making them extremely asymetric?
Tennos seem to have weird Aestetics as well. just look at the DAX soldiers, why would they wear do weird helmets?

My guess is, when they created their Buildings, the Society of Orkin was at its Peak.
But when a Society lives in Wealth and Power, its people will get very twisted and abstract mindsets.
( just like the wealthy people in Mockingjay movies )

That would explain why the Orokin once where Majestic and Godlike and then became Victim to their own arrogance.

( Corpus and Orokin in general have this in common, Maps look great but characters look very.. weird?)
( Unlike Grineer who have messy looks and messy maps XD )

Archived