Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best method for killing the necramech

Grief

i'll add mine because i finally found something i can do solo with " a bit less" tension.

in short : Ignis+wisp

use wisp invincibility when you "spider sense" that the mechs are going to do something naughty

ignis damages all parts, just aim it at slighty higher than the ir head

walk backward and forward ( like sideways if this was pubg ) and you will be killing them in no time

i even lure them into the infested tunnels so their mines and charge attack gets stopped.

this way it feels like you outsmarted it, not outdamaged it ... plus i have not managed to kill it with sniper rifles or even the redeemer xD

good luck

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I used both Vauban and Octavia,

Vauban for the armor strip and CC of the bastllle plus the tesla nervos with the augment.

Important thing is to NOT SHOOT IT while he has the invulnerable phase, it can reflect all you damage and cause you to be downed.

Octavia you can just plop the mallet and go around doing other stuff while it kills itself.

I used different weapons, crit based weapons work better (i just ran corrosive, but i assume blast will be better cause of its health type),

They are tough but manageable ,i really enjoyed the fights.

everyone saying "Blast is better" is completely full of it, I deal more damage without blast on my weapon then I do with blast, and I can at least knock off the mech parts, unless the most recent hot fix thing they did had nothing to do with the mechs completely revamped the mechs, then something bugged the game and mast them almost constantly immune even after shooting them out of their invulnerability

Just now, (XB1)LeafeonSalad said:

everyone saying "Blast is better" is completely full of it, I deal more damage without blast on my weapon then I do with blast, and I can at least knock off the mech parts, unless the most recent hot fix thing they did had nothing to do with the mechs completely revamped the mechs, then something bugged the game and mast them almost constantly immune even after shooting them out of their invulnerability

Did you check that before or after removing ALL of its armor (you can see red health instead of yellow)?

radiation can do more damage up to a certain point (due to its innate bonus to damage against alloy and its armor bypass property) if you dont completely remove all armor.

but if you do remove all armor , its left with machine health.which will get more damage from blast.

Nah actually I didnt strip its armor or anything, Im stuck with Atlas most of the time because he's the only frame I have that can survive most things with ease, and in this case I use him because his health gives a good buffer against the shoulder pad infested launching stuff at you and the necramechs having spot on aim no matter where I am or what I do, not to mention I'll randomly get slowed down with being hit by the mine layer ability they love to use.

3 hours ago, (XB1)LeafeonSalad said:

Now just imagine being so #*!%ing unlucky that it wants you to fight two of them, and all you can do is watch them stun lock you with the annoying cold+blast grenade swarm they have, on top if them spamming invulnerability with you not able to do a thing about it

Yea nah yer #*!%ed

On 2020-08-27 at 7:52 PM, (XB1)LeafeonSalad said:

Blast should be better if you TOTALLY REMOVE THE ARMOR otherwise you should use radiation...

Is nobody else running into the issue of the mech basically never dropping its damage/reflect shield?

For me the things just about have it turned on permanently... The last fight I had was easily 10+ minutes of me just literally standing there staring at it, just waiting for the shield to drop so I could fire once or twice before the shield was back on yet again. Even my very first shot after seeing the shield drop was reflected back at me an absurd amount.

If it had ANY cooldown to it I'd think it was perfectly fine, but it either simply doesn't or it's incredibly bugged... Tedium does not equal difficulty or challenge.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kasterix:

Is nobody else running into the issue of the mech basically never dropping its damage/reflect shield?

For me the things just about have it turned on permanently... The last fight I had was easily 10+ minutes of me just literally standing there staring at it, just waiting for the shield to drop so I could fire once or twice before the shield was back on yet again. Even my very first shot after seeing the shield drop was reflected back at me an absurd amount.

If it had ANY cooldown to it I'd think it was perfectly fine, but it either simply doesn't or it's incredibly bugged... Tedium does not equal difficulty or challenge.

Yup, I've had the same issue for the past 2 days, nearly made me ragequit. I think this is hands down the worst 'bossfight' DE has implemented so far, it's just tedious grinding/waiting around for him to drop his shield and even then I can't damage him by shooting in the damn head. I consider waiting for a hotfix to address the issue, because honestly, this is the least fun I had in years playing this game.

22 hours ago, Kasterix said:

You have to use void dash to remove its  shields.

Baruuk's Serene Storm with its infinite punch through and high crit was been fantastic for me. 

One other frames ive been mostly using an Ignis Wraith. Its not the fastest but its pretty easy and when i run a support frame (Wisp, Nekros) i sorta expect ithers to deal the brunt of the damage. 

On 2020-08-27 at 7:01 PM, Skoomaseller said:

Shame. 😞

if you meant rev's slave mind control?  Yes I had but it doesn't work on necromech for it only a sparkling dust moment as in you had 1 second then it was done. For no don't recommend bring rev on this mission at all for whatever mind control or whatever you had for put basically will lit up in flame.  The mech is damn annoying the only way if your lucky enough to super crit the enemy if you had kavat with charm and having a gun do super crit and crit dmg high enough that lead to 1 hit kill then it is possible yes.

There is a way to hold the necromech but your going hate it.  You need Harrow the absolutely stunlock it with his 1 ability because he only had few seconds to hold necromech for you HAVE TO actually repeating it until he is dead by your teammate.  I had to throw in tons of energy pack down to keep him stun long enough to not go anywhere but good gosh have mercy pressing that 1 button start having the

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

if you meant rev's slave mind control?  Yes I had but it doesn't work on necromech for it only a sparkling dust moment as in you had 1 second then it was done. For no don't recommend bring rev on this mission at all for whatever mind control or whatever you had for put basically will lit up in flame.  The mech is damn annoying the only way if your lucky enough to super crit the enemy if you had kavat with charm and having a gun do super crit and crit dmg high enough that lead to 1 hit kill then it is possible yes.

There is a way to hold the necromech but your going hate it.  You need Harrow the absolutely stunlock it with his 1 ability because he only had few seconds to hold necromech for you HAVE TO actually repeating it until he is dead by your teammate.  I had to throw in tons of energy pack down to keep him stun long enough to not go anywhere but good gosh have mercy pressing that 1 button start having the

tenor.gif

yeah i was referring to revenant enthrall + reave because reaving twice through an enthralled target should kill them

funny enough from the one vault run i did i had no problem dealing with the necramech with titania, then again i was in a squad with over 200 ping so im not sure if it was lag advantage (enemies tend to shoot slower in lag) or we were all just shooting the S#&$ out of the mech

btw does zenurik temporal blast work on the mechs?

On 2020-08-28 at 10:21 AM, Kasterix said:

This.. I thought void dashing through them was supposed to kill their shield, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

Just use Octavia. The Mallet hits em hard cause they hit hard and if they use the Shield then all they are doing is sitting on a ticking time bomb for instant death. It does not matter how many mechs you face, they will all kill themselves because the Mallet is Reflect Damage incarnate.

There are several ways of killing them but I would recommend things that take less than 5s. So octavia, amp etc nono. Either a strong punchtrough weapon or gunblade/barruk stuffs. Depending on the output it is possible to onetape yourself but with arcanes you should have enough revive worst case scenario.

Archived