Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best method for killing the necramech

Grief

I don't know if it's best or not, but it has been the safest method for me to use the Ignis (wraith), since it does incremental damage that allows me to stop firing once I notice reflected damage, without nearly killing myself. It also seems to cause the AI to trigger the shields less often as it slowly melts them down. It also hits the weakspots fairly easily without needing pinpoint aim while the thing spins around.

I mod mine for Corrosive/Heat/slash (Hunter's Munitions) even if that's not the most effective against its defenses (as it's more universally useful, and the forma polarities have been built for that, and I'm not inclined to make a custom build for one enemy.)

Ya know what? Hydroid actually works really well. Jump into the mech, go into a puddle. Tentacles (not hold to cast, you don't want them spread out. The mechs will take more damage that way). Then barrage and keep dragging them back into the tentacles. It's what I've been doing and if you have to solo the whole bounty, hydroid is great for every stage.

Excalibur with Chromatic Blade and Radiation/Cold damage, just make sure the reflector shields are down and go to town.

Also Radial Blind/Howl seems to blind them, so if they do turn on the reflectors just blind and run until it goes down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2020-08-30 at 12:24 PM, Aldain said:

Excalibur with Chromatic Blade and Radiation/Cold damage, just make sure the reflector shields are down and go to town.

Also Radial Blind/Howl seems to blind them, so if they do turn on the reflectors just blind and run until it goes down.

Why you gotta add the "run" when you're talking about my boi? Making him look bad man. :/

Things must be different now because none of the things posted here work for me.  Been doing Isolation Vault Tier 3s (3 mechs) and boy do these guys pack a whallup.

Nothing really one shots...or anything even remotely close to CONCEPT of one shotting.  Honestly what I found is that since I have my own mech now, I use my 4th ability to turn into a stationary turret and I can waste a enemy mech pretty quickly with the blast damage, but as my frame with my weapons? I can do it, but it takes ages.  I normally would run Hildryn for the balefire and have infinite ammo for the most part.

I've taken companion pets and they get wasted almost immediately (wish they would just get rid of their health bars or figure something out so I'm not spending most of the mission reviving them).

11 hours ago, (XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE said:

Things must be different now because none of the things posted here work for me.  Been doing Isolation Vault Tier 3s (3 mechs) and boy do these guys pack a whallup.

Nothing really one shots...or anything even remotely close to CONCEPT of one shotting.  Honestly what I found is that since I have my own mech now, I use my 4th ability to turn into a stationary turret and I can waste a enemy mech pretty quickly with the blast damage, but as my frame with my weapons? I can do it, but it takes ages.  I normally would run Hildryn for the balefire and have infinite ammo for the most part.

I've taken companion pets and they get wasted almost immediately (wish they would just get rid of their health bars or figure something out so I'm not spending most of the mission reviving them).

When I'm not wrecking them with my own Mechs 4th skill, I'm using Nyx/Prime with the 4th skill active nicknamed Terminator, slowish but keeps on coming while they're are trying to wreck me I'm wrecking them with my Stropha, bye bye arms, then bye bye Mech.

I think I've used Revenant in the past for Mechs, I know I've use him for the Arcania Bounties.

I've also used Banshee in the past but I like my Nyx combo.

• 3 months later...

I mostly run with Nezha, search for a Voidrig wait for his mine launcher to activate the halo. congrats you have enough protection for the rest of the mission. Next throw your chakrams at the necramech and finish them with a kitgun of your choice (i use rad catchmoon most of the times {about 15 seconds per mech}, but i got the feeling it doesnt make much of a diffrence as long as it has a good chunk of crit radiation and a bit of aoe for comfort, opticor/vandal works just fine too for example). ur welcome

Archived