Ok not getting fish parts from cutting fish is genuinely pissing me off.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Over 20 spine fish, no spinal cores.

It seems that there is a less than 5% chance of getting fish parts at all currently which makes progressing daughter next to impossible.

The people who like conservation would tell you you're whining too much. But yea it is a really S#&$ty system. Trade like 10 fish and get 3 things...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Over 20 spine fish, no spinal cores.

It seems that there is a less than 5% chance of getting fish parts at all currently which makes progressing daughter next to impossible.

Have you tried doing em one at a time? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

The people who like conservation would tell you you're whining too much. But yea it is a really S#&$ty system. Trade like 10 fish and get 3 things...

I like conservation, and i'll be the first to say, these things are broken

• Like 3

so if I'm reading this right..

Fish with spines actually don't have spines save for the rare genetic mutation?

or

Tenno sucks at filleting and DE isn't letting our fillet o-sushi skills get better so we are stuck with the love fest with the dragon styled hardon that DE has for rng?

So there's fishes swimming around without a spine?  I have yet to try the new update since people are complaining about bugs and I don't want to get annoyed if I encounter them. hehe

Uhm.. I cut them all and didn't pay attention.. because.. why is this a thing? Previous open world's was one fish = one part.

Please tell me it's a bug or something..

I'm also starting to get really angry with the nonsense this update brought. They have 2 working open world's, why in gods name do they change something that worked?! 

And the tokens.. how unnecessary. And the gain from them is abysmal compared to previous open world's ..

Nothing makes sense here..

It's a visual bug, i've been doing some fishing, and collecting like 50 fishes. The moment I cut them to get parts it shows that I'll only get one of each part, but it really gives me a lot because when I want to trade for tokens it shows me that I have ober a hundred resources. 

In short, when you are cutting fish it'll show what you are going to get but not how much.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Yep.

Okay thanks for the heads up. Haven't bothered to actually fish for them outside of the quest yet. That gave the 3 I needed, and all the fish parts that I got came from loot in the bounties. 

Just now, Galantys said:

It's a visual bug, i've been doing some fishing, and collecting like 50 fishes. The moment I cut them to get parts it shows that I'll only get one of each part, but it really gives me a lot because when I want to trade for tokens it shows me that I have ober a hundred resources. 

In short, when you are cutting fish it'll show what you are going to get but not how much.

It's not a visual bug. I cut fish for spines and it showed spines as Items I'd receive. When I want to rank up standing it showed 0/3. I had to go back out fishing again and cut one at a time.

• Like 1

This is a bug. Batch-cutting often yields little to no parts, while cutting fish one at a time is completely reliable for me. And I'm not sure about this, but I think I lost out on some fish parts, only for them to appear in my inventory after relogging hours later??

1 minute ago, Galantys said:

Thats 100% wrong as i have also been checking the contents of my inventory with some cuttings the counts there do not go up and things like daughters tradeins show the same x/y.

The cutting page just shows what you should/can be getting when you cut, which shows parts like the spine but whem you confirm, you do not get those parts.

You realise the spines come from fish found exclusively in caves? Don't pull a random % out of nowhere to back your argument up when you're not even looking in the right place for the resource. Go to a cave catch the fish found in ponds in said cave then get back to us on how much spines you got.

• Like 1