Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.2

[DE]Megan

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Infested Fish within the Cambion Drift are now always guaranteed to provide their respective Fish parts when cut!

Was this change from how fish have worked before mentioned anywhere?  I didn't see it if it was, but if it wasn't is there any chance a script could be run to grant people the fish parts they expected to get but didn't?

Thank you for these fixes! Once I log back in, I do have an issue I need to test. In all of Cambion Drift, from Vaults to "anywhere else," Void Dashing was weirdly and painfully inconsistent. 2% of the time, if I literally hammered the inputs a million times, I'd get one Void Dash, but the other 98% of the time, my Void Dash would turn into a very slow, cumbersome, wholly vertical (no drift at all, ironic) moon-jump. It's weird how it WAS happening everywhere, from missions of random tilesets to the Vallis/Plains maps, but then only occurred on Cambion Drift after awhile of testing it.

I'll see if I can gather more details on it after re-logging in.

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please reconsider the Token mechanic as it's annoying to be forced into conservation for progression.

Please fix the "Upload Data bounty" bonus objective. It doesn't seem to work. There's no information on how it works so I don't know what to say...

Question for you my friend, why does the token mechanic force you to do conservation? Is it not the specific rank up cost for certain syndicate ranks that force you into conservation? The token system allows us to build up rep even after we reach cap and that is fantastic however the rank up cost forces us to do alot of conservation which sucks.

Agree? Disagree? that its not the token system but the rank up cost?

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The RNG behind Fish parts did not sit right based on player feedback, and we agree. Our intentions didn’t outweigh the value in this case.

Congrats to figure that out. Did you really think introducing RNG to places where it doesn't belong or too much RNG will "sit right"? Like cmon. You should've implemented that into fishing in the first place.

Also no mention of the operator randomly jumping instead of dashing for the entire mission for no reason. Really annoying, especially when I want to heal with the utterly destroyed and humiliated vazarin dash.

So, I get called a DE defender, a white knight and a jillion other things a lot of the time.

But when it comes to the fish thing, I honestly don't even know what to say. 

The fact you guys gave us rng on even getting stuff from fish, didn't even warn us in advance... it would have been smarter to just lie and tell us it was a bug you fixed tbh, but the damage is done. 

I want to trust you guys. I appreciate having so much transparency and being let in on the development process. 

But when you do things like this and you don't even say in the update "we are experimenting with rng on fish parts" and have people thinking it's a bug for almost 24 hours, it hurts your bond of trust with the players. I'm not saying it breaks it, or I'm going to go run off with my ball and go home, I'm overall enjoying the update. But I just want DE to think super carefully about this in the future. 

I'm not saying you should be afraid as a company to try something like that, even if it isn't well received. But at least be honest about it to begin with and tell us you are trying out rng on whether you get stuff from fish parts. 

Don't try to sneak it in on us. We will notice, and it will go over worse than if you all had just been totally up front about it in the first place. 

Hi! I'm glad the fishing bug has been resolved but I have experienced another bug that involves Limbo and his abilities mainly Cataclysm and Stasis. I was doing bounties and strangely after a few casts of abilities, it just doesn't work anymore (Idk why but it happened to me twice) the infested were moving inside my bubble when Stasis is active. Hope you resolve this one, thank you!

il y a 12 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :
  • Infested Fish within the Cambion Drift are now always guaranteed to provide their respective Fish parts when cut! Descriptions of Fish parts now also include exact Fish source information.
    • The RNG behind Fish parts did not sit right based on player feedback, and we agree. Our intentions didn’t outweigh the value in this case.

This was a really, really awful mechanic. You need to stop your RNG everywhere.

"The Conservation Entrati member now sells a Tranq Rifle for those who have not yet acquired one from Fortuna. "

Oh yeah I was just thinking, why is it assumed that everyone already knows how to do everything and has all the tools?  how to mine and do these stupid animal captures (At least fishing is intuitive)

Complete disregard for new players or simply those who never bothered with these systems before

"Fixed The Steel Path Deimos Trophy not matching the FX of the actual Deimos node."

"Infested Fish within the Cambion Drift are now always guaranteed to provide their respective Fish parts when cut! "

Thanks a lot adding these in this Hotfix 

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please reconsider the Token mechanic as it's annoying to be forced into conservation for progression.

So you'd rather this open world just use the bog standard system we've had for the past like 3 or 4 years? Sure, it's a little unintuitive at first, but it encourages players to interact with systems that they normally wouldn't. Even if it's not your favorite thing to do, it keeps you from optimizing the fun out of the game and burning out on the things you actually like to do.

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The token mechanic is a huge improvement. Not only are we getting a lot more standing per bounty, we can choose to do those bounties at any time instead of on a daily basis.

The fact that you need some Brother tokens to rank up means that you need to do some conservation, and this could be annoying if you hate conservation, but ranking up has always required you to acquire certain items in addition to gaining standing. I don't see why it would be a particular problem now.

Archived