Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.2

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, AdilPerez said:

It's just me or did isolation vault necramech get much much tankier?

I believe they may have fixed some bug that was making them much easier to kill. Sometimes my wukong clone just basically killed it in a second somehow and I never really knew what was happening. I think some things were bypassing the mechanics before maybe? 

UM..are we going to get our spinal cores we are owed for time wasted?
Meaning like the 5 times I fished, cut fish and didn't get the spinal core into my inventory?
I didn't see that in the hotfix notes; re; getting what is owed for effort put forth.

1 hour ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Thank you for the fish fix and the mining UI change.unknown.png

Can we now do multiple isolation vault runs?
Last time you couldn't do it again if the vault has already been open in a previous run.

Edit: nvm cuting fishes isn't fixed...
Cutting 2 fish:

Hide contents

unknown.png

isn't worth the same as cutting 1 fish:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

So, do I have to cut each fish on its own to get the most out of them???

its a visual bug. did some testing yesterday and got what i expected from it.

10 minutes ago, Frument said:

I was entirely sure that Scintillant not dropping ANYWHERE outside the boring-ass low-level bounties was an unfortunate bug, been telling my clan about it, turns out it isn't. Every token pack from Father that's more than a pitiful 1 or 2 requires Scintillant, at a minimum of 3 bits, maximum of 8. I have been grinding all day and haven't seen ONE scintillant, and many clanmates haven't seen it either. Seems I was wrong about it.

I was also certain that the absolute egregiousness of Son token prices is a bitter mistake that would be fixed immediately, but it seems I was wrong again. Sixteen animal captures for one measly #*!%ing coin, that seems like a not-oversight at all. Also, the infuriating fact that even the lowest piss-poor 1 token exchanges EACH require multiple species?! You can't even vomit all your common animals out and grind tokens bit by bit, it's a COMPLETE S#&$show. Sure, the ground animals spawn around the map, which is their ONLY saving grace, but what about the Avichaea, which can only be gotten through insufferable one by one capture? Oh, and of course, the best part of it is that there's no possibility to get a group to hunt with you, because captures are only shared in affinity radius. 

So, the Conservation is tedious, boring, impossible to do in groups, so you have to go solo, every painstaking capture through the orange hellscape brings you almost nothing because tags are now worthless, requiring exorbitant amount per token. That also renders the RARELY EVER USED strategy of gaining standing by capturing rare animals which would give you 5-7 k per perfect capture. Now they give you, on average, 500 or so. Conservation is now both MANDATORY and is made completely useless. Two steps back from what I assumed was a perfectly functional system developed in Fortuna, which treated it like a side-hobby rather than a job. A superpowered murder machine forced to very slowly capture wild cats and dogs, what a fun new mandatory addition to the gameplay.

Tokens by themselves are fine, it's the sudden and unpleasant obsession with forcing you to do everything that you could enjoy at your leisure. 

Well said!

I would like to thank you DE for a pretty stable launch and in particular the overall small size of the Cambion Drift. Less wasted space. The news about fixing animal conservation is great and I'm looking forward to giving it another shot another day.

Unfortunately this hotfix in particular destroyed Deimos bounty matchmaking. It even broke isolation vault rewards. I only got two common rewards from the vault I did, very likely from the first two stages of the three stage mission. I even did the optional and if I have this right that gives an additional third stage bounty reward. So I literally didn't get anything from the necramech or the vault outside of resources I picked up.

i just did 2 isolation vault runs both of them were public but i was solo. the matchmaking seems broken also when i got the 

Spoiler

mech from the secret puzzle room the game crashed when i tried to go out from that room

Can you please make it so that the Predasite and Vulpaphlya Antigen and Mutagen blueprints specify which they belong to? Because I forgot and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to figure it out from the foundry. I really don't want to have to go all the way to the codex or the Necralisk to figure out which is which, then write them down so that I don't forget after going through the different loading screens. (We should be able to craft anigens, mutagens, kitgun-parts, and zaw-parts at the vendors anyway since that is the only place that we can see them assembled, but this at least is necessary.)

T2qLkZh.png

i just wanna hop on the train and say what has been said many times be4:

Remove the mandatory conservation, it aint fun, most players dont like being forced into it (even though most will probably do it aventually for the novelty)

everything else is kinda... live-able, the spine % chance would have been alright if u guys communicated that thats how it was supose to work! the problem was that the patch was so full of bugs people didnt know if it is one or not.

just please, for the love of god, remove the mandatory animal capture mechanic, its just a boring, horrid gate-keep and nothing else.

Could deimos conservation please be changed? As it is right now you should not care at all about getting a better result then bad because there is no point to doing so, which eliminates part of the fun of conservation. As it is everything deimos conservation is about quantity over quality which in turn makes Son tokens even more aggravating to get as you cannot improve your progress acquisition by simply doing conservation better. In fact doing conservation better simply results in you wasting your own time as it does not matter.

It turns a decent activity one could do solo and turns it into utter garbage.

Aside from that Mining needs further improvements. To put simply: Deimos has too many curves, bulbs, and bulges thus often times the mining nodes spawn inside the terrain or their hotspots spawn where they are covered up completely by the texture on top of them.

The new mining icon while handy also has the problem of you need to be able to get close to enable it to appear, so mining nodes that spawn high up can at times be practically invisible despite your drill saying you are right below them.

Matchmaking is completely broken on Deimos. Every single bounty or instance I join is empty.

Also, Just another reminder that we hate Conservation and it should be optional for those that do enjoy it.

Oh.. Mining is not exactly fun when everything on a tiny infested island is trying to murder you every 3 seconds..

and lastly (promise) The Token system is WACK.

Finally getting around to running the new heart of deimos quest, and in the section where your warframe gets broken... Seems there's a few bugs.

1) when I failed to sneak by the first time, I respawned with my sentinal with medi-ray. Made the rest of leaving not difficult

2) I didn't think to try sooner, but by the time I took the shortcut, I was able to deploy my archgun, which also feels wrong

Fishing and conservation items are still broken entirely on Gamepad mode, almost as if all the changes that fixed it back when Fortuna started are back to haunt us. "[RB] or [L1] for more options does not work at all, and simply uses the abilites you have selected in the background still, and using bait or lures does not work as the buttons tied to those do not actually function.
Extremely upsetting that the two things I really wanted to do so that I could further my collections and enjoy the game more casually for a while are completely unavailable for me.

EDIT: Oh, it is entirely broken UNLESS you are playing with default settings and "Power Menu" tied to a button rather than "Use Selected Power". Which is entirely not helpful, the power menu has always been an annoyance and now I am forced to get used to it and use it just to play the game that was just fine beforehand but suddenly cannot function unless on defaults.. Way to go, as usual.

Thanks for the overnumbered fixes but please improve the grinding behind the nekroloid standings and the vault runs. Compared to the casati it takes too much time to earn the same amount of standings you collect by converting the mother's tokens ( it takes 2 lvl 100 bounties runs to reach the cap for a mr 29 rn, while for the nekroloid it takes from 3 to 5 runs of which every lasts 10-15 minutes). The issue relies on the vault run to be too slow, lower the amount of time you have to wait, if not delete it, and increase loid speed during the crystal phase would surely make it less annoying.

Good job with the update so far though :)

A simple change to fix the major annoyance of Conservation in Deimos: provide the appropriate tokens based on quality of capture.  Currently, there is no benefit to a perfect capture vs a bad capture (In PoE and Fortuna you get more rep for better captures, more tokens would be the equivalent in Deimos).  You can also remove the system for trading tags for the tokens, allowing the tags to be freed up for the rank up requirements and purchasing floofs (which is really all they should be used for).

Thanks for the update.

Can you please allow us to at least be able to achieve the bonus from "Kill more than double the enemies the grineer kill"?

They reach 53% before we can even get 50% which seems kind of silly (and this happens time after time, not just once).

I really feel like a third open world with another set of fish, syndicates, animals, resources, ... is a step in the wrong direction, it's just more of the same...

If you keep introducing new "open worlds", where will it end? How many more will you add? How will you motivate any new player to try and get all things when you keep introducing different syndicates, resources, etc.

I think it's time to put yourself in a new players shoes and look at it that way... First it seems a tileset-based game where you can complete 5-20 minute missions and get the stuff you  need to advance, awesome! But then you are introduced to an open world, for which you'll need x, and then a new open world where you'll need y and then another open world where you'll need z to progress... This really makes me question how much more of these you're going to add.

Negative feedback aside, warframe is a great game and I appreciate all you have done/all you will do.

Lots of love,

Bed

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

Please reconsider the Token mechanic as it's annoying to be forced into conservation for progression.

Please fix the "Upload Data bounty" bonus objective. It doesn't seem to work. There's no information on how it works so I don't know what to say...

I personally really like the Token system since you can find animals randomly and just tag em. The infested kdrive dudes can be found quite often and I also make sure to check the blue room near the necrolisk as infested cats and dogs will occasionally spawn. I probably cannot change your mind about it so Imma just giving some tips.

1 minute ago, BEDSPRINGER said:

Thanks for the update.

Can you please allow us to at least be able to achieve the bonus from "Kill more than double the enemies the grineer kill"?

They reach 53% before we can even get 50% which seems kind of silly (and this happens time after time, not just once).

I really feel like a third open world with another set of fish, syndicates, animals, resources, ... is a step in the wrong direction, it's just more of the same...

If you keep introducing new "open worlds", where will it end? How many more will you add? How will you motivate any new player to try and get all things when you keep introducing different syndicates, resources, etc.

I think it's time to put yourself in a new players shoes and look at it that way... First it seems a tileset-based game where you can complete 5-20 minute missions and get the stuff you  need to advance, awesome! But then you are introduced to an open world, for which you'll need x, and then a new open world where you'll need y and then another open world where you'll need z to progress... This really makes me question how much more of these you're going to add.

Negative feedback aside, warframe is a great game and I appreciate all you have done/all you will do.

Lots of love,

Bed

I have never had an issue with this mission. not even remotely. 

The first two times I ran it the grineer got 0 kills. Third time I ran it i was with a bunch of people who had no idea what they were doing and we still managed to have about 3x the kills as the grineer.

My suggestion is that you have some better strategies or something. It isn't a difficult mission.

5 minutes ago, DherkaDherka said:

A simple change to fix the major annoyance of Conservation in Deimos: provide the appropriate tokens based on quality of capture.  Currently, there is no benefit to a perfect capture vs a bad capture (In PoE and Fortuna you get more rep for better captures, more tokens would be the equivalent in Deimos).  You can also remove the system for trading tags for the tokens, allowing the tags to be freed up for the rank up requirements and purchasing floofs (which is really all they should be used for).

this. there's no incentive to get perfect captures so why should we bother?

1 minute ago, SpaceWalker0109 said:

I personally really like the Token system since you can find animals randomly and just tag em. The infested kdrive dudes can be found quite often and I also make sure to check the blue room near the necrolisk as infested cats and dogs will occasionally spawn. I probably cannot change your mind about it so Imma just giving some tips.

^This

Also, velocipod token exchange seems to be much more reasonable than the other options.

Archived