Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solving the Scintillant drama once and for all GUIDE

Cerikus

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to make this wayyy more transparent in game, because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this (unless they just explore, but we need to direct)! 
Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too! 

Cool, a description like that is all I need.

9 minutes ago, Kai said:

Does the room changes depending if you're solo or not? I can't seem to get that specific room to spawn for me playing solo.

its random, the underground is ranomly generated, similar to normal missions

if we're to compare it to wisps, you do realize you get aroundo 2 to 3 of those on a get-go with no mandatory prereqs other than knowing their approximate locations

and scintillant is a chance for a single drop either on an ordinary full-time bounty or the vault one, both options eating away at your patience and sense of involvement

right?

like, sure guess ppl could raid the isolated vault till it bleeds for the stuff, like they do on their dedicated wisp hunt runs, if it wouldn't be for the 'hey why don't you stand idle by for the whole 5 mins (but not quite bc you're attacked and then the air gets toxic if you do nothing abt that)' every time with a tiny-small pinch of sheer and utter disappointment at the end should they miss the scintillant for a reason or another and leave empty-handed after all the time and attention they paid for a single attempt

wisp hunt is dynamic in its single instance, easy-to-repeat and asks for nothing to give you at least something of its value, and that's pretty.

scintillant hunt is tedious, long, and giving you no guarantees for whatever it takes from you, and this is not pretty at all.

otherwise thx for pointing something out i guess, not sure whats the point of making screenshots with plain 'scape on them and talking in puzzles as if it helps

3 minutes ago, tginen said:

if we're to compare it to wisps, you do realize you get aroundo 2 to 3 of those on a get-go with no mandatory prereqs other than knowing their approximate locations

and scintillant is a chance for a single drop either on an ordinary full-time bounty or the vault one, both options eating away at your patience and sense of involvement

right?

like, sure guess ppl could raid the isolated vault till it bleeds for the stuff, like they do on their dedicated wisp hunt runs, if it wouldn't be for the 'hey why don't you stand idle by for the whole 5 mins (but not quite bc you're attacked and then the air gets toxic if you do nothing abt that)' every time with a tiny-small pinch of sheer and utter disappointment at the end should they miss the scintillant for a reason or another and leave empty-handed after all the time and attention they paid for a single attempt

wisp hunt is dynamic in its single instance, easy-to-repeat and asks for nothing to give you at least something of its value, and that's pretty.

scintillant hunt is tedious, long, and giving you no guarantees for whatever it takes from you, and this is not pretty at all.

otherwise thx for pointing something out i guess, not sure whats the point of making screenshots with plain 'scape on them and talking in puzzles as if it helps

yeah i guess you are right, I agree that the chance of it spawning should be better

since there is a puzzle with a huge reward, i didnt want to give it away right away

- there are 4 crystals, activate them, doorway opens to secret room

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

What is up with DE making everything fly these days.. 

When I went to fish they all come up like it's nothing xD

Funny enough I thought it was just bugged because of the old days when they were flying in the other open worlds

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this

I'm sorry to say, this is already like eating meals everyday because it is so normal that DE fails to clarify stuffs to players. Over 90% of the time, players fought things out through exploring or wiki, never from descriptions in the game. I hope after so many years, something should be done about this.

5 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

And is the scintillant inside of this room?  Is that where you have found it?

No, that was just a bonus thing that I wanted to share.

The scintillants have several droppoints around the ruins. 

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I'm sorry to say, this is already like eating meals everyday because it is so normal that DE fails to clarify stuffs to players. Over 90% of the time, players fought things out through exploring or wiki, never from descriptions in the game. I hope after so many years, something should be done about this.

I don't get why people expect Warframe to explain every secret and aquisition methon. Can you tell me what other game gives you all the droplocations, all the loot that drops from everywhere?

Every game want the players to explore. Deal with it.

9 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I don't get why people expect Warframe to explain every secret and aquisition methon. Can you tell me what other game gives you all the droplocations, all the loot that drops from everywhere?

Every game want the players to explore. Deal with it.

Right, but they've locked a lot of progression behind this one resource with zero explanation.  They basically dedicated Tennocon to this update, but the only parts we can really access right now amount to little more than a reskinned Cetus/Fortuna.

If the Helminth weren't essentially hidden behind these scintillants, I feel like it wouldn't be as frustrating how abstruse their acquisition methods are.

Just now, Constalation said:

20200827083655_1.jpg

How the hell do you capture these things? AMP doesn't work, void dash doesn't work, melee doesn't work, shooting it doesn't work, abilities don't work.  I'm calling bullS#&$ on these things because I physically cannot make them turn into a pickup.

It is melee. Work for me easily.

2 minutes ago, Constalation said:

How the hell do you capture these things? AMP doesn't work, void dash doesn't work, melee doesn't work, shooting it doesn't work, abilities don't work.  I'm calling bullS#&$ on these things because I physically cannot make them turn into a pickup.

You just touch them like the Cetus Wisps. Bullet jump straight at them. Here's how they look after you pick them up:

Spoiler

20200826202554 1 by Syimper

2 minutes ago, Amazerath said:

You just touch them like the Cetus Wisps. Bullet jump straight at them. Here's how they look after you pick them up:

Hide contents

20200826202554 1 by Syimper

Yes, and **that doesn't work**. Flying through it does not work on my client. Yall are doing something before flying throught it and I need to know what that is.

5 minutes ago, Constalation said:

Yes, and **that doesn't work**. Flying through it does not work on my client. Yall are doing something before flying throught it and I need to know what that is.

I did nothing you didn't already try. Shot it a few times because someone said you had to and that didn't work. Tried my operator and it didn't work either. Then I jumped at it and got it.

Only relevant thing I can think of is that I was playing solo ("friends only"). That also means I was the host.

Edit: Another thing I just remembered (though I doubt it matters). I didn't take the bounty from Mother inside the hub. I went from my ship directly to the open area and got the bounty outside.

Archived