Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.3

[DE]Megan

Fixed cases of players unable to start Vor’s Prize after completing the tutorial.

• This also unblurs the ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest entry for those who skipped it way back in the day.

Finally! That one blurred quest screen was always hurting my OCD :). 

3 hours ago, Frument said:

I think the most awful thing about universally-hated mandatory tacked-on minigame that's called "Conservation" is the fact that it feels like it's engineered to be the absolute worst it could be.

1) You have your tranq rifle, which gives nothing but godawful beeps that say "There might be an animal in a 100 mile radius around you, who knows!". The animal silhouette is #*!%ing periodically showing, you have to wait for every #*!%ing beep to try and search it out. And, of course, cherry on the cake. IT'S #*!%ING PALE ORANGE IN A WORLD MADE EXCLUSIVELY OF ORANGE GLOWING THINGS. If you TRIED you wouldn't be able to think up a WORSE color and a WORSE type of silhouette display than this.
2) Animals don't appear on the minimap, no matter if you equip radar mods or not (That would ACTUALLY be a good use for the RADAR mods for once). If you make an EFFORT to slam mods that help you with capture - it's impossible, no mods, no upgrades for the stupid tranq rifle, nothing. 
3) Tracking involves running along a barely visible track, staring intently onto the bright, acid-orange glowing ground  with NOT A SINGLE track color being distinct from the environment. Bonus points for tracks leading god #*!%ing knows where.
4) Want to enlist a help of three more desperate people forced into animal capture? You #*!%ing can't, bozo. Because animal captures are affinity-range-bound, and you STILL WILL HAVE TO DO IT ONE BY ONE, no splitting up around the map possible.
5) Of course, maybe it's supposed to be relaxing. Sike, #*!%o. Constantly spawning enemies, including those who shoot at you from a mile away, and those who attack and kill your supposed capture. And you'd BETTER #*!%ING BE CAREFUL, because boy is it easy to scare off the animal, making this whole endeavor a fluke. Try again with the tracks.

At least making bad captures gives exactly the #*!%ing same rewards as going out of your way and making perfect ones, am I right? What a gift, making perfect captures completely worthless. Knowing that you won't be able to squeeze more than a 1000 standing out of a rare animal, despite being able to bag 8000 for a kubrodon in Vallis, if you cared to invest in your skill. If you wanted to and were good at that, you could bag 20k rep in captures faster than the same amount would be done in bounties. You COULD outperform bounties if you were good. It was a good alternative for people who wanted it. Now I have enough mother tokens to instalevel the syndicate to the max rank, so the standing is completely worthless, forced to now run around and trade in the dumbass coins. How is it possible to look at two perfectly functional open world syndicates and completely #*!% yourself up over nothing?!

+1 Took the words right out of my mouth, this is what needs to eb adressed. This is spot on! If only DE listened rather than stamping their foot down and demans we do the captures that are extremely annoying/bugged and difficult or miss out.

15 hours ago, Invoky said:

Token system is better, I like it. I already have 2 weeks worth of tokens saved up.

The old standing system handicaps players who has more time.

I get your point, but on the other hand:

• Main syndicates (like Steel Meridian) have ways of obtaining more standings than it's cap. You can do syndicate missions and obtain additional medalions that can be exchanged for standings without the look on your max cap.
  • Hunting Simiaris scans go well along main missions + you can scan literally whatever you want in any mission/area you are for direct standing.
  • Cetus/Fortuna also have "standing storing" in terms of fishes/gems, apart from main bounties that award you standings directly without a need to meet specific NPC after you finish to turn in "bounty rewards" back. And those fish/gems turn into regular standings, straight away.
  • conservation in previous areas were highly lucrative, where you could sometimes get thousands of standings DIRECTLY, here you have to get tokens that you trade for another tokens to trade for standings, or YET ANOTHER tokens and THEN for standings (conservation tokens > son tokens > optional grandmother tokens to increase value in standings > standings)... i hope you see how ridiculous timewaste it is to do this, instead of "boom! you get points!". It is just a step that doesn't change anything except waste your time.
  • Everyone that has done 200+ Tridolons have months or even years worth of standings in Onkko in cores, and yet it does not achieve anything, Everyone is still stuck in the "Oh you hit daily cap, i'm sorry hon you can't get more today!" bullS#&$. Even if you have, you still have to wait for tommorow to get more to progress.

If only grandmother tokens could let us exceed standing cap there... They are scarce and you can only get limited supply of them daily since those are on timer and expire so i could see it as potential nice buff, and it isn't overpowered/exploity strat 

12 hours ago, Diedact said:

Yessir, I believe it was a blatant misstep on DE's part. To totally skip over my unabashed hatred of all the Entrati. Every last one.

So we should just avoid any storytelling that happens in real life too? What? 

12 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

Further, I would like to point out that we don't come into a game to deal with family dysfunction as we're doing with the Entrati, but instead come to the game to often escape the dysfunction in our own lives as a relief from those stresses as playing a game often does. 

Which raises the question, did our mothers put the developers up to making our gaming and recreational lives just as miserable and off-putting as we often have to put up with in our real-time lives?  

Seriously, what type of criticism is this? I've had to deal with awful family members too, but that doesn't mean I think anyone who puts a Slightly dysfunctional family in their story is actively trying to make me relive my trauma. If you can't separate a few bickering vendor characters from your own family, that really feels like a you problem.

hace 4 horas, Frument dijo:

I think the most awful thing about universally-hated mandatory tacked-on minigame that's called "Conservation" is the fact that it feels like it's engineered to be the absolute worst it could be.

1) You have your tranq rifle, which gives nothing but godawful beeps that say "There might be an animal in a 100 mile radius around you, who knows!". The animal silhouette is #*!%ing periodically showing, you have to wait for every #*!%ing beep to try and search it out. And, of course, cherry on the cake. IT'S #*!%ING PALE ORANGE IN A WORLD MADE EXCLUSIVELY OF ORANGE GLOWING THINGS. If you TRIED you wouldn't be able to think up a WORSE color and a WORSE type of silhouette display than this.
2) Animals don't appear on the minimap, no matter if you equip radar mods or not (That would ACTUALLY be a good use for the RADAR mods for once). If you make an EFFORT to slam mods that help you with capture - it's impossible, no mods, no upgrades for the stupid tranq rifle, nothing. 
3) Tracking involves running along a barely visible track, staring intently onto the bright, acid-orange glowing ground  with NOT A SINGLE track color being distinct from the environment. Bonus points for tracks leading god #*!%ing knows where.
4) Want to enlist a help of three more desperate people forced into animal capture? You #*!%ing can't, bozo. Because animal captures are affinity-range-bound, and you STILL WILL HAVE TO DO IT ONE BY ONE, no splitting up around the map possible.
5) Of course, maybe it's supposed to be relaxing. Sike, #*!%o. Constantly spawning enemies, including those who shoot at you from a mile away, and those who attack and kill your supposed capture. And you'd BETTER #*!%ING BE CAREFUL, because boy is it easy to scare off the animal, making this whole endeavor a fluke. Try again with the tracks.

At least making bad captures gives exactly the #*!%ing same rewards as going out of your way and making perfect ones, am I right? What a gift, making perfect captures completely worthless. Knowing that you won't be able to squeeze more than a 1000 standing out of a rare animal, despite being able to bag 8000 for a kubrodon in Vallis, if you cared to invest in your skill. If you wanted to and were good at that, you could bag 20k rep in captures faster than the same amount would be done in bounties. You COULD outperform bounties if you were good. It was a good alternative for people who wanted it. Now I have enough mother tokens to instalevel the syndicate to the max rank, so the standing is completely worthless, forced to now run around and trade in the dumbass coins. How is it possible to look at two perfectly functional open world syndicates and completely #*!% yourself up over nothing?!

+1

Endless Excavation: They mean it when they say endless. We did one round, tried to extract, told us we failed and we get no cake. Went back, did 3 rounds, same prob, says we failed. Went back, did 6 rounds, same prob. I get that endless means endless, but can we at least be able to extract at some point? 

Thx!

Conservation would be massively improved by just directly awarding tokens. As it is, perfect captures give you nothing and floofs are in competition with actual progress.

In general, Deimos would be massively improved by not having forgotten a bunch of lessons you seemed to learn going from plains to Fortuna. Insert brozime rant about making guns with fish brains

1 hour ago, CephKaron said:

Seriously, what type of criticism is this? I've had to deal with awful family members too, but that doesn't mean I think anyone who puts a Slightly dysfunctional family in their story is actively trying to make me relive my trauma. If you can't separate a few bickering vendor characters from your own family, that really feels like a you problem.

Some of us don't want to remotely deal with any memory triggers of it whatsoever.  If this works for you, don't let my criticism stop you from enjoying the game with the Entrati interactions.  However, don't for once think that your opinion is going to remotely pressure me out of mine, as I live by the the quote: "You're a problem solver. You're one of these people who would pick up a rope that's gotten all tangled up and spend an entire day untangling it. Because it's a challenge, because it defies your sense of order in the universe and because you can."

Therefore, I find the inclusion to be something I will criticise in the hopes of it being tweaked.  Particularly over the fact that it seems to be routinely included in routine interactions.  It's like DE needs to justify the payments to the voice actors for creating the dialog, or they're doing it as some sort of concession to the new overlords (Tencent); I can't be sure which or if I missed something in my observations.  

Requiring 5 Common Avichaea tags for 2->3 Ranking is ridiculous.

1. I've only managed to find exactly 2 spawn points for these, so far
  2. Out of these, I only managed to get Common ones... once
  3. The tracking is buggy as hell:
    • For instance, there is one point where you start tracking inside a cave
    • You follow the trail inside the cave... then it suddenly disappears
    • ...you go outside, and the calling point is out there, maybe 100 meters+ away from where you last saw the track

This is a joke.

How did this even pass Internal QA?

Il y a 3 heures, eozole a dit :

Are you fishing with volt ? 
I read somewhere that the passive of volt kill the fish x)

That's true, noticed last week that his damage bonus applied to fishing spear as well, no clue if it always been like that  ... sound like a "good" challenge for your favorite youtuber to do PoE bounties with volt+fishing spear only.

Archived