Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.3

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, CouncilofTheSeven said:

My point was to say that the "tokens" themselves isn't really a new idea. They have just take an different form if you will. I am rather bitter they locked out a good side chunk of desimos cause of animal captures. Because how poorly DE handled these tokens I believe is why they are getting the hate. It certainly is why I am not to pleased with them.

You described it earlier as needlessly over-complicated and you're right.  Even with my initial knee-jerk response of taking Ticker's Debt Bond System and applying it to all vendors and then having to go to Grandmother in order to convert the tokens to reputation (and it's uneven and forcing players into game modes they don't want to play) is where the friction is coming from.  Even with Eudico and the need for debt bonds, we were able to get them through bounties, and just used Ticker to speed it along.  We're currently going from one vendor to the next like having to deal with the bureaucracy of governmental departments swapping from one, to the next to the next in order to get the end results.  

Seriously, I'm not sure where they lifted this idea from as I'm sure it is in another MMO that they think would be good for Warframe, but it's too draconian for the minimal running around from vendor to vendor that we got with Solaris U (Venus) or the Ostrons (Earth).  Never mind the Quills and Little Duck.

Further, I would like to point out that we don't come into a game to deal with family dysfunction as we're doing with the Entrati, but instead come to the game to often escape the dysfunction in our own lives as a relief from those stresses as playing a game often does. 

Which raises the question, did our mothers put the developers up to making our gaming and recreational lives just as miserable and off-putting as we often have to put up with in our real-time lives?  

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.3

In an attempt to keep these notes spoiler free you may notice some less-descriptive language than usual - thank you for your diligent reporting!

Isolation Vault Bounty Changes & Fixes:

• Updated the Cambion Drift Isolation Vault Bounty description to hint at clearing multiple Vaults in the same session for better rewards.
    • d3dc4e59be820363a9d97cf8fb4bee15.png 
  • Moved 2 Scintillant spawn points within the Isolation Vaults to be in more trafficked areas.
  • Reduced the amount of spawned Residue per Wyrm puddle from 5 to 3, and also lowered the amount of Residue needed for the first stage of the Isolation Vault Bounty:
    • 6 Residue for 1 or 2 player teams
    • 12 Residue for 3 or 4 player teams
  • Fixed cases of the Esophage losing its waypoint in the Isolation Vault Bounty.
  • Fixed looping Otak/Loid Transmission when picking up 50% of the required Residue for the Isolation Vault Bounty.
  • Fixed a script error related to the Isolation Vault.
  • Fixed numerous script errors when encountering an enemy Necramech.
  • Missed note: Fixed various Matchmaking issues for players.

Changes:

• The Deimos Bounty Credit Cache rewards have been replaced with an Ayatan Amber Star.
  • Added descriptive text to the Scintillant to expose its secondary acquisition path:
    • aad576924bef0060ff45ea221e168c95.png 
  • Added invulnerability period when Transferring into Necramechs found out in Cambion Drift.
  • Reduced Vulpaphyla Revive precepts from 5 ranks to 3 ranks, as the extra 2 served no purpose. Refunded Credits and Endo will follow in a script later this week or next for early adopters.
  • Added more sound effects for the Vulpaphyla.
  • End of Mission screen music will now properly duck sound FX.
  • Performance improvements towards Cambion Drift terrain textures.

Fixes:

• Fixed cases of players unable to start Vor’s Prize after completing the tutorial.
    • This also unblurs the ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest entry for those who skipped it way back in the day.
  • Fixed missing context actions when investigating Solaris bodies in the Vox Solaris Quest.
  • Fixed a crash when a Client player has a Vulpaphyla Pet and it dies.
  • Fixed a crash during the Garv Bounty mission.
  • Fixed script errors when player quits before/during death in "Confront Umbra" stage of The Sacrifice Quest.
  • Fixed Cambion Drift Bounties failing if the Client player loads in too far away from the objective area.
  • Fixed inability to pick up Fass Residue on a K-Drive during the Heart of Deimos Quest.
  • Fixed not having to collect Infested Samples for Latrox Une when doing multiple Bounties in succession in the same Cambion Drift session.
  • Fixed incorrect Eximus enemy title on the Cambion Drift.
  • Fixed some missing FX on Deimos enemies when they pop out of their sacs.
  • Fixed color grading style color corrections ignoring the Color Correction video setting. As reported here:
  • Fixed alignment issues with the Paradiso Armor on numerous Warframes.
  • Fixed script error that can occur when trying to use the Scanner when returning to a Town.
  • Fixed a script error if Garv dies.
  • Fixed a script error related to the Profit-Taker.
  • Fixed a script error that could occur when using Transference. 
  • Fixed a script error when using the Necramechs’ Guard Mode ability.
  • Fixed a script error when entering an enemy camp in the Orb Vallis.
  • Fixed a script error when the Drop Pods in the Cambion Drift drop down enemies.
  • Fixed a script error when a Sly Vulpaphyla deactivates a Precept.
  • Fixed a script error when a Panzer Vulpaphyla attempted to attack but ran out of targets.
  • Fixed a script error that occurred when a Necramech died.

Idk if it's a bug, but my friend and I managed to get 5 Quassus blue prints in two teir 4 bounties. They're supposed to be the golden rarest drop but we couldn't stop getting them.... 

The optional loot room in isolation vaults is broken. It seems that the reactive crystal to initiate the first loot room is just plain missing. It has not appeared. Period. After that vaults 2 and 3 have worked fine, however there seems to be a random bug where a necramech does not appear in a vault. It may happen in vault 3 more just on account of there being more necramechs. My best guess is that it spawns outside of the geometry of the level or just otherwise falls through it and will respawn in vault 1. However if found and killed in vault 1 (one teammate must remain in vault 3 to not violate "tenno in ruins") then the reactive crystal in 3 does not work.

I swear DE will never learn from their mistakes. Every single update since PoE is completely broken and unplayable. This really makes me not want to play on release day/week. All of these issues should be instantly apparent if they'd just actually play the game they make. Even solo matches just have broken missions. Get a goddamn QA team if you can't be bothered to play test it.

Hi:
I've notice that Keratinos parts are not on the Modular label on the Forge, and I don't know If it's Intentional, and/or if is the same for all the Modular parts of Deimos
so far, really Fun
Also
thanks 
best Regards
Atte Farbind

idk if it's just me but I can't see my Credits or Plat count anywhere. The banner that's usually in the top right in some menus doesn't show up anymore ever since this hotfix.

edit: it showed up after i did another mission. not sure why it was missing

the warframe part in the 40-60 bounty in deimos is real tough to get. ran it all day and i had zero luck. also noticed that during the corpus bounty, when he is sending data, if you have over 11-20 data to send, he will always fail to send all of it. I dont know if its just a mechanic that i dont know or its simply a bug, but any helpful and nice feedback is greatly appreciated

46 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Further, I would like to point out that we don't come into a game to deal with family dysfunction as we're doing with the Entrati, but instead come to the game to often escape the dysfunction in our own lives as a relief from those stresses as playing a game often does. 

Yessir, I believe it was a blatant misstep on DE's part. To totally skip over my unabashed hatred of all the Entrati. Every last one.

Thanks for the hotfixes. During my adventures on Deimos, I encountered several issues:

• During a five-step objectives, when you need to send 25 samples for the Corpus, it is impossible to send, because the timer expires earlier than 25 out of 25. It does not matter if the mobs around are eliminated or the team is right under the nose of a corps soldier - the dispatch will not be completed. (most often it is 19/25 or 20/25 and the bonus reward disappears). But during four and three-stage objectives, everything works fine. Samples are fully submitted before the timer expires.
  • After increasing the Mother's rank and watching the cutscene that "the situation has improved in the family", the player may freeze on the "Objectives/ Entrati Reputation" selection window. Even if the player presses Esс-button or "Fast travel", it will not help. (the "Return to Orbiter" function helped me)

UPD: In the patchnotes of the update, I read that hybridization will not be available to new players. I have a small idea of how to improve this: For the new player to have access to the Helminth functions, the player must have at least half of the warframes. Thus, before engaging in complex hybridization, the player will better learn the abilities.
P.S Helminth is very very nasty (visual) .

I'd like to start out with some positive feedback, so that the negative can at least be framed.

1. The area control missions are finally good!  I hate to say it, but the ones on PoE sucked because often that counter would tick down with literally no enemies spawned unless you were a group of 4.  Now it's genuinely challenging but fair.  Kudos on fixing it, and hopefully this weekend when I try PoE it's fixed there too.
  2. The mining highlight mostly works.  Yes, you have to be able to sneeze on it (very low distances), but it's nice to not have to figure out how your view is being obstructed.  Kudos on that white box.
  3. The fishing system is...fine.  Having them spawn out of reach (for normal spears), then float up is nice.  It's a mess when an objective is near a fishing spot, but in regular gameplay it's fine.  I'm wondering how in hades an "upgraded" spear is silent...because it's a spear...but I'm willing to give it a chance.  Hopefully between the high level bait and a silent spear the rest of the fishing jank is rewarding enough.
  4. SO MANY ACOLYTE MODS.  Intentional capslock there.  Many argon scopes, maiming strikes, and their kin have been added to my inventory.  Whatever market existed for them previously is going to implode if it already hasn't.  

Now that the good is out of the way, let's talk about the issues.  I'm going to just say the economy sucks and isn't exactly rewarding enough right now.  That covers multiple single item mining drops, the RNG fish cutting, the current incorrect cut fish resource display, and the frankly insane resource grind for Grandmother.  I'll list other things out, but can't be bothered to ad another 4-5 items for all the grindy non-rewarding resources.

1. The transmission of data after collecting specimens with the Corpus is a bad mission.  It's time locked, and the spawns are rarely sufficient to cover that time.  It often fails to reward simply because after killing in excess of 100 enemies to get a few samples the upload fails because there's nothing else to kill to force it.  Maybe remove that timer and have him health bound, or ideally make him a defense objective with more uploads requiring more time.
  2. Tokens suck.  I wish I could be more positive.  Their point is obviously to reward you for everything....but the consequence is that you are required to constantly grind all of it.  Why?  Well, RNG tokens to earn and timers to limit your progress.  It looks kind of like Fortuna, it's costed like Fortuna, but the difficulty in earning them is pretty horrendous.  Let's develop a work-around.  Well, provided fish could get tokens rather than having to gut everything and surprisingly a lot of them given some of the costs (scaled to fish type and quality).  Likewise, tags would each be assigned a value based upon their animals.  There still wouldn't be a perfect capture reward, unless a perfect capture added an additional chip along with the tag.  A certain amount of chips could be used to purchase additional tokens.  In both cases the quest giver would be limited to a certain amount of tokens generated per hour, allowing for a metered progression, the ability to focus on anything, but the ability to grind to your heart's content.  Otak follows the same rules, and Grandmother's constant value for tokens would make more sense.  Regarding Father...it's simply a generic resource for tokens.  He's going to get the same makeover.
  3. So much layered grind.  Earn standing to buy blue prints, max standing, then trade maximum standing and blue prints to functionally trade even more potential standing than you can have.  I don't understand.  Likewise, grind a mission to get blue prints but also have to grind the lowest level missions constantly to get the resource that is available nowhere else.  Scintillant would be great if the medium or high bounties offered them in quantities of 2-3....but nope.  Grind the vaults, assuming they actually work, or grind the bounties for a vanishingly small chance.  What do I mean?  10+ runs and I have none despite it being a common reward.  What do I have?  Well, bunches of the "rare" mods.  I'm pretty sure that something in the RNG is busted here....or at worst it's being used as a throttling mechanism to people progressing.  Either way, this is the worst layered grind of any open world yet.  
  4. Grandmother.  Nobody from the vent kids could be present...so grandmother offers you the courses.  The story needed a non-threatening threat....so grandmother exists.  Maybe she'll do something in an unlocked cutscene.  I'm betting based upon the quality thus far that whatever it is will be a half shot of her on one side and somebody else on the other talking.  With that wonderful blank background...I don't know why I care about a bunch of people who are Orokin level self serving getting back together.
  5. Let's talk about the vaults.  Is there any way you might indicate anything?  Perhaps simply add a display in Loid's area with void beams reassembling a tower?  I ask because the fast return is broken.  The initial entry is a mess of fast spawners.  The economy of the drops is terrible.  All of that compounds with the goals being obtuse, to make your first vault trip a mess.  Maybe more of a hint would make sense...or maybe it's like Eidolons where you won't bother explaining things and it'll be a community requirement to figure out.  Please, if you can't be bothered to do a tutorial at least make it less obtuse.  It'd also help with the obvious foreshadowing of the same towers on the open world...and the obviously incomplete but planned fight against the empty headed light sources.

Tomorrow is Helminth...assuming I also purchase and grind enough materials for the new mineral it requires.  Let's hope it's another instant build, because I'm just waiting for it to be an additional frustrating 24 hour wait.  At which point it's got to be fantastic just to be perceived as meh....given all of the surrounding circumstances.  I know it'll be another week or two at this rate to get Xaku, and the weapon part, and the weapon blue prints, so that I've got anything new.  Right now it's just one grind after another for the ability to grind another things, so that eventually I can get any new content.  Ouch.

5 hours ago, Mr.Nasho said:

Speak for yourself I consider it pretty fun to do

Also, there is no need to do conservation at all if you don't like it, you just miss a bunch of floofs and that's it.

You need conservation items to reach rank3 standing down  there in order to get  the Helminth segment

please fix

1. Operator unable to use dash (eg zenurik energy regen) after host migration

2. Necramech back weak point is not obvious and too small restricting weapon use and since it locks on target its very inconveniet for solo players

3. Mining is still very stressful for the eyes

4. During the quest, theres a cinematic view of fuss but because of present structures it obstructs the view of vome getting attacked from most angles. Two god like beings fighting but only one can be seen during the fight is a let down from immersion perspective (not gameplay bug per say)

The decision to make people go through three vaults to get the rarer resources is a BAD move! Cause right now a single host migration will cause the remaining vaults to bug out...

This has literally just resulted in the decision to solo the vaults rather than do it in a group!

First up, this is the best of the three open-world's IMO. World and syndicate both feel more interesting than either POE or Fortuna.

However, it does have a few issues.... starting with just....can we get a fix to the memory leak issues that have been with the open worlds since Fortuna? It's really bad if your comp's low on ram and you go through either of those doors a few times, especially since it seems to stick around until you restart the computer. I know this is mostly an issue for those running low ram computers, but still, I'd like to not have to worry about the great open-world gates of lag.

Also, there seems to be a bug with fishing where occasionally you'll get stuck and unable to move beyond aiming and turning. Forces you to abort to fix, /unstuck does nothing.

Finally, the necromech bosses sometimes seem to ignore quick-thinking. That or they hit for several thousand damage without any sort of warning I've seen. I think this is a close-ranged thing, but not sure. This "bug" was also attached to some enemies on Fortuna, so I'm not sure if intentional, but is always weird when an enemy has the ability to just ignore a specific mod's existence without warning.

7 hours ago, Aryo_Griever said:

i hate this update, grindy, bugged and subpar 😞 

Still better than the so-called reworks and the illusion of balance changes (armor, shield gating, status, melee, whatever forum-complainer-inspired jokes of ideas) that ultimately resulted in some minor mathematical equation changes that made enemies die a few seconds faster or slower than before, which for all the effort those took, still left warframe the same game, and is not new content at all. With Cambion Drift, it is a new open world, new enemies, new gear, new pets, new robots, and new ability infusion. We need more of such new updates with things to do and less time wasting with fiddling with math equations.

• MATCHMAKING IS STILL BROKEN AND SOMEHOW WORSE THAN BEFORE FOR CAMBION DRIFT BOUNTIES
  • "Clear all 3 while in Cambion Drift within one wyrm cycle for the rarest rewards" So you don't get/have a lesser chance to get the rare rewards if you don't do all three in one cycle? Thats pretty terrible. IDK why you implemented this. Just makes the buggy grind more stressful.

3 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

Hi:
I've notice that Keratinos parts are not on the Modular label on the Forge, and I don't know If it's Intentional, and/or if is the same for all the Modular parts of Deimos
so far, really Fun
Also
thanks 
best Regards
Atte Farbind

They are actually in the Misc Tab of your Foundry, its dumb and I have no idea why but they are there.

1 hour ago, HisokaXEveryone said:

Finally, the necromech bosses sometimes seem to ignore quick-thinking. That or they hit for several thousand damage without any sort of warning I've seen. I think this is a close-ranged thing, but not sure.

Its not so much that they ignore Quick Thinking its more that they do simply ridiculous amounts of damage very quickly. Was using Wukongs Defy and watched the amount of damage I absorbed go from 0 to 124k in less then a second lol. Thats 124,000 damage in less then a second and its not like it was just one burst either. My Defy actually absorbed over 480k before my Defy animation time finished. So yeah, Quick Thinking isn't gonna really help with that too much.

Archived