Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulpahyla and Predasite Discussion

Dezeption

Sooo, in lack of other things to do (while I been waiting around for my pals to come online) I been chasing the new companions like crazy.

So far I got the: Vizir and Paraoh Predasite, and the Sly and Panzer Vulpaphyla.

For those interested, here is the complete description of their mods, literally citated (all of them are maxed out):

Vizir:
1) Iatric Mycelium: "Release a trial of spores every 8s that heal the companion and its allies for 300 health over 5s."
2) Acidic Spittle: "Every 5s spit acidic tar at an enemy within 30m, blinding them for 12s and dealing 120 Corrosive Damage."

Paraoh:
1) Anabolic Pollination: "Release a cloud of spores that presists for 6s increasing Toxin Damage by +100%."
2) Endoparasitic Vector: "Transmit an endoparasite to an enemy within 30m. Tentacles spawn from it, clinging to enemies within 5m slowing them as they move further from the parasite, and dealing 20 Viral Damage/sec over 5s."

Medjay: 
1) Paralytic spores - "Charge an enemy within 30m dealing 160 dmg and releasing spores that stun enemies within 16m for 3 opening them to finishers."

2) Infectious Bite - "A finisher attack that deals 200% finisher damage and infects target with a virus that grows 4 pustules that react to damage."

Sly:
1) Survival Instincts: "Increase their Master's Evasion by +40% until their next attack or after 8s whenever they kill an enemy. Cooldown: 5s."
2) Sly Devolution: "Devolves into its larvae form upon death, increasing its Master's Evasion by 20% for 8s when they kill an enemy. Respawns into its true form after 30s.

Crescent

1) Crescent Charge - "Charge an enemy within 10m dealing 200 puncture damage and lifting for 8 seconds. While lifted damage is amplified by 100%."

2) Crescent Devolution - "Devolves into its larvae form upon death and charges at enemies dealing 100 puncture damage. Respawns into its true form after 30s."

Panzer:
1) Viral Quills: "Launches 6 quills at enemies within 20m from an organ under its chin, dealing 60 Viral Damage each and a 40% chance to proc the Viral status effect. If the target is affected by a Viral Proc, it also adds a Spore. 4s cooldown.
2) Panzer Devolution: Devolves into its larvae form upon death, annd spits quills at enemies dealing 60 Viral Damage each. Spawns into its true form after 30s.

... Soo, what do you guys think? I like the Sly and Vizir one better than their cousins, but that might change when I actually try em out properly. :) 

If someone has found a Medjay Predasite or a Crescent Vulpaphyla - pleasae share their mod details as well. <3 

EDIT: Thanks NecropedWurmheart and L115A3_XB1 for bringing us the last two (Crescent and Medjay) - you guys are the best!

The foxes are definitely the highlight of the new pets. The crescent one lifts enemies and makes them take double damage, the sly one gives you tons of evasion, and the panzer one just sprays viral procs all over the god damn place. They all self-revive but it takes 30 seconds, and the crescent fox is better alive than dead while the sly is better dead than alive and the panzer is fine either way. It creates a lot of interesting dynamics with how you build them I think

I was going for a Sly Vul-... vulpy... vulpahyla? Vul-Pa-Hy-La. Jesus.

And now that I've read this...

57 minutes ago, Dezeption said:

survival Instincts: "Increase their Master's Evasion by +40% until their next attack

I guess that means increased chance to avoid damage from hits, or reduced enemy accuracy? Could be handy if you're running a squishy frame.

58 minutes ago, Dezeption said:

Sly Devolution: "Devolves into its larvae form upon death, increasing its Master's Evasion by 20% for 8s when they kill an enemy. Respawns into its true form after 30s.

So basically I get near-permanent survivability boosts. Neat.

Then again,

1 hour ago, Dezeption said:

"Launches 6 quills at enemies within 20m from an organ under its chin, dealing 60 Viral Damage each and a 40% chance to proc the Viral status effect. If the target is affected by a Viral Proc, it also adds a Spore.

1 hour ago, Dezeption said:

Devolves into its larvae form upon death, annd spits quills at enemies dealing 60 Viral Damage each. Spawns into its true form after 30s.

Basically a pocket Saryn with respawns.

I think I'll go for the Panzer instead. Problem is, I got 2 sly's sitting around but I haven't gotten any Panzer's yet.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

I guess that means increased chance to avoid damage from hits, or reduced enemy accuracy? Could be handy if you're running a squishy frame.

Evasion is basically the enemy's chance to miss you. With a Sly Vulpaphyla and one of the sets, you have up to 90% evasion, meaning only 10% of all bullets fired at you will hit. This is a nice survivability boost for any frame, tho especially squishy frames that normally have to rely on rolling guard. Worth noting, both Sly Vulpaphyla effects trigger while it's in its larval form, so you want it to be dead as much as possible, so just stack damage and utility and no survivability mods so it spends as much time as possible in its larval form.

Crescent Vullpy

Crescent Charge - Charge an enemy within 10m dealing 200 puncture damage and lifting for 8 seconds. While lifted damage is amplified by 100%

Crescent deevolution - Devolves into its larvae form upon deathand charges at enemies dealing 100 puncture damage. Respawns into its true form after 30s.

Side note: Deevolution was crashing lobbies for me and everyone but host when they died, haven't tested post hotfix.

Second site note: Don't seem to be able to gild the companions (Only able to try crescent vulp so far but assume it's for all)

Medjay - 1) Paralytic spores - Charge an enemy within 30m dealing 160 dmg and releasing spores that stun enemies within 16m for 3 opening them to finishers

2) -Infectious Bite - A finisher attack that deals 200% finisher damage and infects target with a virus that grows 4 pustules that react to damage

47 minutes ago, (PS4)YummyWeed69 said:

Wait how did you guys manage to get then, I can't bc Fass residue is bugged? 

im in pc, it was patched recently so we could craft it already

34 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Curious what they look like when they revert to larval forms and this endoparasite too. I'm a sucker for cool looking abilities.

edit: just saw it properly at simalcrum, its kinda cute looking slug xD that follows you around hovering around you like a sentinel

oh apparently the larva form could still be shot down by enemy and be destroyed like a sentinel lol but it will still respawn to its normal form after the respawn timer ends

Medjay Predasite:

Paralytic Spores:
Charge an enemy within 30m dealing 160 damage and releasing spores that stun enemies within 16m for 3 seconds, leaving them open to Finisher Attacks.

Infectious Bite:
A Finisher Attack that deals +200% Finisher Damage and infects the target with a Virus that grows 4 volatile pustules that react to damage.

Notes:

- The stun doesn't always work properly, I think it can't actually stun enemies mid-animation so that rather sucks but that may just be a bug?. 
- Its charge can activate even without a direct path, it will just run towards a random enemy in range. It boosts its mobility quite nicely and spams it nearly once every 15s or so.
- The Bite can activate even when enemies aren't prone to finisher damage so that's good.
- The Virus causes 1 viral status stack when they pop after 3 seconds of being inflicted.
- The cysts of the Virus swell up when shot, and do seem to inflict that damage to the victim afterwards. It doesn't show numbers for me, indicating that the damage from said cysts is considered to be from the Predasite instead.

This feels rather buggy tbh. The short duration of the virus makes shooting it far to difficult, and the stun just fails far to often.
But it has rather nice damage on that finisher, and even without damage mods it was capable of killing a lvl 50 heavy gunner with two finishers. So that seems like it has potential but I'm not overly familiar with how much dmg other kubrows/kavats can deal.

2nd edit: Hunter Recovery works amazing with its finisher spam, but the hard part is keeping Medjay itself alive...

8 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I was going for a Sly Vul-... vulpy... vulpahyla? Vul-Pa-Hy-La. Jesus.

And now that I've read this...

I think I'll go for the Panzer instead. Problem is, I got 2 sly's sitting around but I haven't gotten any Panzer's yet.

They are a bit tricky to get, but hang in there!

As of currently, it seems like those that you get from Tracking (my own anecdotal experience, might be very wrong) cannot become companions. All 4 (and all copies of them) that I've caught has been caught when looking for them in Open World.

10 minutes ago, Wurmheart said:

Medjay Predasite:

Paralytic Spores:
Charge an enemy within 30m dealing 160 damage and releasing spores that stun enemies within 16m for 3 seconds, leaving them open to Finisher Attacks.

Infectious Bite:
A Finisher Attack that deals +200% Finisher Damage and infects the target with a Virus that grows 4 volatile pustules that react to damage.

Notes:

- The stun doesn't always work properly, I think it can't actually stun enemies mid-animation so that rather sucks but that may just be a bug?. 
- Its charge can activate even without a direct path, it will just run towards a random enemy in range. It boosts its mobility quite nicely and spams it nearly once every 15s or so.
- The Bite can activate even when enemies aren't prone to finisher damage so that's good.
- The Virus causes 1 viral status stack when they pop after 3 seconds of being inflicted.
- The cysts of the Virus swell up when shot, and do seem to inflict that damage to the victim afterwards. It doesn't show numbers for me, indicating that the damage from said cysts is considered to be from the Predasite instead.

This feels rather buggy tbh. The short duration of the virus makes shooting it far to difficult, and the stun just fails far to often.
But it has rather nice damage on that finisher, and even without damage mods it was capable of killing a lvl 50 heavy gunner with two finishers. So that seems like it has potential but I'm not overly familiar with how much dmg other kubrows/kavats can deal.

Thank you so much <3 This is exactly what I hoped to find here!

I like the first ability (but am very concerned regarding the stun failing :o ), however with them having so much lower damage than Warframes in total (as in their Sheet Damage), finisher attacks tends to scale poorly once the enemies start being higher level. :( 

Do let me know how it does if you try it in more difficult content!

8 hours ago, NecroPed said:

Crescent Vullpy

Crescent Charge - Charge an enemy within 10m dealing 200 puncture damage and lifting for 8 seconds. While lifted damage is amplified by 100%

Crescent deevolution - Devolves into its larvae form upon deathand charges at enemies dealing 100 puncture damage. Respawns into its true form after 30s.

Side note: Deevolution was crashing lobbies for me and everyone but host when they died, haven't tested post hotfix.

Second site note: Don't seem to be able to gild the companions (Only able to try crescent vulp so far but assume it's for all)

Yeah, I also crashed like a million times when going up against the higher level Necramech. My premade didn't crash though, so fortunately I could just reconnect to the lobby.

Have not tried it either since their latest fix.

Also - does it only lift the target it charged - or everyone in it's path? :o 

49 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Huh. Those actually sound like useful pets. That's new...

Can anybody give me a quick explanation on their modules? Didn't dive into Son's shop yet.

Do you mean the Intagen and Mutagen?

I'll do my best, but there are probably people more suited than I at  explaining this :)

You buy the blueprints, they are reusable (one time purchase) and all that - they need some fish parts, mining parts and general parts to be crafted (all the regular stuff :D ). The most confusing part, for myself at least, was that both Vulps and Predas use Mutagen and Antigen. HOWEVER, they cannot use the same types of said materials. So, you gotta buy 4 different blueprints to create one Vulpa and one Preda - but you can use the same stuff for all Vulpas-types and all Predas-types.

So - for the first tier available, ADRA Mutagen and DESUS Antigen is used for Vulpaphylas (all three sorts).
For Predasites, you'll use LEPTOSAM Mutagen and IRANON Antigen.

The Antigen is for creating a polarity slot - I love starting the Vazarin (D) slot, but I will later try the Madurai (V) when I have access to it (won't bother with the other ones except for maybe Naramon (-) ).
Some of the antigen obtainable at later levels have so called "Side Effects" that will affect the Vulpa / Predas appearance. The first one (Vazarin, D), however, do not.

The Mutagen decides the resistance type (they are called "Proto Shield Resistance", "Alloy Armor Resistance" and so on. If I understood it correctly, you basically grant them a defensive value similar to Grineer, Corpus or Infested. The ones coming up later on also has side effects in terms of cosmetic changes. I don't really care for this one, so I'll probably go for whatever looks great when I got all of them. x'D 

Archived