Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulpahyla and Predasite Discussion

Dezeption

16 hours ago, Mephane said:

For those who already have them, do they count as Kubrow or Kavat with regards to applying cosmetic armor, deluxe skins etc? In particular, I would love to put the Metus Skin from the Nidus Deluxe bundle onto one of these babies.

I just gilded a Panzer (Vulpas, who use the kavat model) - it could not use any kavat armors nor any kavat skins at all. :( Only ephemeras.

The evasion is a very strong mechanic if you can weave it in a decent enough build, it is a strong defensive layer.

The sad stuff with companions is that kavaats are way too strong as buffer, even more now that we get a massive resource dump on top of everything I would feel bad not roaming with the loot buff(wich is unreliable but can have stupid returns as well). I may consider the evasion one later down the line when I'm sure I've nothing else to grind.

6 pets it's decent fashion frame potential and it is a big chunk of what completionists are missing for mr30, also it is not that standing intensive.

15 minutes ago, Dezeption said:

I just gilded a Panzer (Vulpas, who use the kavat model) - it could not use any kavat armors nor any kavat skins at all. :( Only ephemeras.

Yeah I hope this changes. Theres really no reason why DE couldn't let us use our armors and skins on it, heck they already solved the problem of skins not working on modular weapons, so why not our pets?

And while they are at it let us use our armor with the moonless kavat skin. its so dumb that its got such a similar mesh to the other fur pasterns but we cant use our armor with it.

As usual dogs are gimped and cats get the imba feature of undying - so no point of using dogs ever. At least Parao consistently gives toxin buff so there is that, the other ability is non-factor.

btw Helminth 'Master's Summons' ability not only heals but also revives pets - very handy for your walking braindead booster

3 hours ago, Dezeption said:

I just gilded a Panzer (Vulpas, who use the kavat model) - it could not use any kavat armors nor any kavat skins at all. 😞 Only ephemeras.

Kinda makes sense, since Vulpas are not infested cats, but rather. infested foxes, seeing how Latin name for the most common fox species is Vulpes Vulpes. Which technically means we're now missing a non-infested Fox pet type. >_<

11 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Kinda makes sense, since Vulpas are not infested cats, but rather. infested foxes, seeing how Latin name for the most common fox species is Vulpes Vulpes. Which technically means we're now missing a non-infested Fox pet type. >_<

I suppose you're not wrong :) Vulpas and Predas are not kubrows and kavats (even if they were brought up as "infested kavats and kubrows" in the Stream when they were revealed), BUT they use the same skeleton and animation kit so I was hopeful that we'd get to use some of our kubrow / kavat cosmetics for them, but sadly no. :( Might change in the future though, one can hope. :D

1 hour ago, --Q--DragonSkllzz said:

How are you gilding it? I just tried to gild a max rank Pharaoh Predasite, and it told me to bring a max rank ungilded companion...

Hmm, I had no issues at all. I just brought the level 30 companion to him, paid 5k rep and 10 "Son Tokens" and then it was done. :o

On 2020-08-27 at 3:57 AM, Sahiratu said:

Are your predasites small af too compared to kubrows? XD

Just want to find out if size is random o fixed. ;_; Mine so smol

Your predasites are small? :o Then the size is probably random - cause mine are quite big. O.o Not omega kubrow-sized, but not far from.

Panzer observation part 2

- Viral quills spores work like saryn spores that can spread around 15m range (didn't fully test). I believe it can stack in damage but it does so slowly unless there is are a lot of enemies spored. Corpus units are hard to kill due to their shield recharging between every tick of damage.

- Hunter recovery works on the spore damage from viral quills. It works even when it spreads so you can get a decent amount of healing.

- Quills will spread according to the amount of enemies in its cone of fire. If there is only 1 enemy then all 6 quills will hit thus dealing loads of damage but if there are 6 enemies then it will shoot a quill each at each enemy (if they are within range of its cone of fire).

- Spores will dissapear if it dies even if it becomes a larva after. Its larva form also can create spores but they will dissapear when it revives. Thus for max spread it is best if it is kept alive. 

- Larva form disables vacuum, it is re-enabled when it revives.

I can't tell if it has crit and I don't think putting any damage mods increase the quill damage unfortunately. However when it does a melee attack it can pop and spread spores so I guess swipe will be good. 

7 часов назад, Galuf сказал:

The evasion is a very strong mechanic if you can weave it in a decent enough build, it is a strong defensive layer.

Does evasion work against enemies with AoE?
As putting it on every new enemy seems to be trending in DE.

1 hour ago, Darklight65 said:

Panzer observation part 2

- Larva form disables vacuum, it is re-enabled when it revives.

This is not completely true! I've nnoticed vacuum (or fetch) sometimes turn off when the Vulpa goes into larva form - but most of the time, it works just as intended.

So the entire thing about Vacuum turning off is probably a bug.

8 minutes ago, Dezeption said:

This is not completely true! I've nnoticed vacuum (or fetch) sometimes turn off when the Vulpa goes into larva form - but most of the time, it works just as intended.

So the entire thing about Vacuum turning off is probably a bug.

For me vacuum consistently turns off in it's larva form so lets hope it's a bug

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I can't find Panzer vulpa thingies ._.

Get vulpa lure and vulpa pheromone. Find the tracks and at the nest use the bait. It's nearly guaranteed if you do that. 

You need to hit it 3 times to tranq it so that will get your blood pressure up. If it hasn't been weakened yet then after you tranq it go and find some infected and stand next to it so that they hit it. It cant die from infested attacks so don't worry about that.

1 hour ago, Darklight65 said:

- Quills will spread according to the amount of enemies in its cone of fire. If there is only 1 enemy then all 6 quills will hit thus dealing loads of damage but if there are 6 enemies then it will shoot a quill each at each enemy (if they are within range of its cone of fire).

So it works like Garuda’s Seeking Talons?

Il y a 1 heure, Rantear a dit :

Does evasion work against enemies with AoE?
As putting it on every new enemy seems to be trending in DE.

Dunno. I never used it because we had not enough. I think it is a flat chance to negate damage.

1 hour ago, Dezeption said:

This is not completely true! I've nnoticed vacuum (or fetch) sometimes turn off when the Vulpa goes into larva form

Turns off all mods always for me. No radar / healing / vacuum at all while in Larva form. Reviving also frequently (but not always) resets my Vulpaphyla's level to 0, I noticed it leveling partly up and resetting to 0 several times during a missions. This also results in no experience gained for the mission.

Larva appears to be a separate entity unaffected by mods and other effects of the companion (loyalty damage increase).

Larva always has 1 HP and immediately dies when targeted (usually when your Warframe is invisible). Larva does not share a players invisibility or Rift status like a sentinel would.

These infested companions desperately need some bug spray.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Turns off all mods always for me. No radar / healing / vacuum at all while in Larva form. Reviving also frequently (but not always) resets my Vulpaphyla's level to 0, I noticed it leveling partly up and resetting to 0 several times during a missions. This also results in no experience gained for the mission.

Larva appears to be a separate entity unaffected by mods and other effects of the companion (loyalty damage increase).

Larva always has 1 HP and immediately dies when targeted (usually when your Warframe is invisible). Larva does not share a players invisibility or Rift status like a sentinel would.

These infested companions desperately need some bug spray.

3 hours ago, Darklight65 said:

For me vacuum consistently turns off in it's larva form so lets hope it's a bug

Now this is very interesting. I am using the Panzer Vulpa right now, and I've noticed that vacuum is only turned of from time to time when he is dead - but definitely not always. And as far as I've noted, my Animal Instincts also seems to be working every time I check my mini map (even though my vulpa usually spends most time of the mission dead due to lack of defensive mods). And level resetting to 0 (causing no experience to be earned when the mission is done) is just plain unacceptable - I hope they fix that ASAP. I have not experienced that a single time myself, though.

As for the invisibility and rift status - I've got to admit I have no clue about these since I have not tried any frames with these functions together with a Vulp yet. But that DEFINITELY sounds like a bug. 

EDIT: I just asked my irl mate regarding larva state and vacuum - he does not lose his vacuum either when his Panzer goes into larva state.

I mean... How it could be that we experience the same companion so differently!? I'd just assume based on that alone that most of the stuff listed above is a bug.

I'll do some more testing with the other kinds of vulpas and see if they're any different.

What I HAVE noticed on the other hand, is that Son won't Gild my Predasites. He does Gild my Vulpas, but he simply won't acknowledge my beautiful Predasites. :( 

9 hours ago, Dezeption said:

Your predasites are small? :o Then the size is probably random - cause mine are quite big. O.o Not omega kubrow-sized, but not far from.

I have now confirmed.

Predasites DO come in different sizes, just like Kubrows.

My Vizier is very close to being an omega (compared to my confirmed omega kubrow - the vizier is BARELY shorter), while my Pharaoh is near mini-size (equally small to my smallest kubrow). The difference is HUUUUGE between the two Predasites - I didn't actually notice this before, but when I selected one after another I realized how absurd the difference is.

On 2020-08-26 at 10:26 PM, Hawk1911 said:

I'd like to know but I'm not going to see them any time soon given the token system.

Why? The token system doesn't make it difficult to get the pets. I've only reached rank 2 Entrati and already am trying some out. If anything I've caught too many of them and should probably focus more on mining and fishing...

3 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I can't find Panzer vulpa thingies ._.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find wild ones. I've run into so many wild animals while doing other tasks. (This is also the ONLY way to hunt Velocipods for their Tags and Floofs). It pays off to sometimes pull out the Tranq Rifle and just look around to see if anything glows. (also listen for the BEEP! sound that hints something is nearby, just not what direction).

--

So far I'm enjoying the Vizier Predasite. It's healing aura is actually pretty effective, enough so that I might swap out Arcane Grace for something else, and his acid spit seems pretty useful too. I look forward to gilding him and really modding him out to see how effective the abilities can really be.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I captured all animals, via freeroam, except the rare flying thingy and Panzer thingies.. I think I just have bad luck..

Also, do they expire? I start building the new pets tomorrow but I had the feeling some captures were missing.. 

I've also noticed that you can use the Pheromones more than once while hunting. I don't know if that's an oversight or if multiple applications increase your odds. I have so far found a single Panzer while actively hunting them, so they are definitely rare.

5 минут назад, DrakeWurrum сказал:

I've also noticed that you can use the Pheromones more than once while hunting. I don't know if that's an oversight or if multiple applications increase your odds. I have so far found a single Panzer while actively hunting them, so they are definitely rare.

I'm not sure, as i haven't tested it myself
But it might be that some variants of the wildlife are more common depending on which worm is up.

13 hours ago, Galuf said:

The sad stuff with companions is that kavaats are way too strong as buffer, even more now that we get a massive resource dump on top of everything I would feel bad not roaming with the loot buff(wich is unreliable but can have stupid returns as well). I may consider the evasion one later down the line when I'm sure I've nothing else to grind.

6 pets it's decent fashion frame potential and it is a big chunk of what completionists are missing for mr30, also it is not that standing intensive.

You only need the buff for so long, it's not strong there's just been no reason not to take it, now there is. Charm is highly unpredictable, and "nice" only when it procs the affinity buff. Outside that it's pretty pointless. I'll take an immortal vaccum pet anyday over charm.Djin didn't offer much but these new pets do. Resource boosters exist and are cheap so

14 hours ago, Galuf said:

The sad stuff with companions is that kavaats are way too strong as buffer

While they are effective buffers, there are other benefits to other pets, especially these new ones. The free Viral procs from the Panzer sounds especially useful.

il y a 21 minutes, Tonin4ABonin a dit :

You only need the buff for so long, it's not strong there's just been no reason not to take it, now there is. Charm is highly unpredictable, and "nice" only when it procs the affinity buff. Outside that it's pretty pointless. I'll take an immortal vaccum pet anyday over charm.Djin didn't offer much but these new pets do. Resource boosters exist and are cheap so

My kavaat generated probably into the 6 digits of kuva over time, a good quarter of what I mine is from the buff, not mentionning every rare ressources it generated....

Archived