Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulpahyla and Predasite Discussion

Dezeption

2 minutes ago, Galuf said:

My kavaat generated probably into the 6 digits of kuva over time, a good quarter of what I mine is from the buff, not mentionning every rare ressources it generated....

Kuva's not guaranteed to make plat, "rare" resources a lot of people are drowning in. A resource booster will do the same, and is 100% guaranteed, where as the smeeta is not. If you want to chance rng go for it, but when you're farming "kuva" as much as you are(which most people will only do with resource booster stacking), it's not your smeeta doing the heavy lifting, it's the boosters. It's nice, but i'ts not strong.

The only real reason it's beneficial for kuva is cause you can run out of kuva. You can't run out of the other resources unless you actively try. It'll take me less time to make the plat to buy a decent riven than it will to farm the kuva and pray to the rnggods for something good

I cannot seem to Gild any companion (neither Vulp nor Preda) atm, so expect a hotfix soon-ish!

EDIT: According to DE there is a bug going around making you unable to gild your companions if you have a low level Predasite in your inventory. SO, if you cannot gild your creatures - level your remaining ones to 30 and you should be fine!

il y a 14 minutes, Tonin4ABonin a dit :

A resource booster will do the same, and is 100% guaranteed, where as the smeeta is not. If you want to chance rng go for it, but when you're farming "kuva" as much as you are(which most people will only do with resource booster stacking), it's not your smeeta doing the heavy lifting, it's the boosters. It's nice, but i'ts not strong.

I am wealthy in game so I play with a resource booster, but both are multiplicative.The kavaat is random but the high end variance is so huge(multiple stacked loot buffs) that overall it is very strong. Some very dedicated are truely drowning in resources but with helminth the dump is quite real for some lesser farmed resource and the kavaat already helped me quite a bit on Deimos grinding as well, especially yesterday when I was mining for the frame and mech...

Just now, Galuf said:

I am wealthy in game so I play with a resource booster, but both are multiplicative.The kavaat is random but the high end variance is so huge(multiple stacked loot buffs) that overall it is very strong. Some very dedicated are truely drowning in resources but with helminth the dump is quite real for some lesser farmed resource and the kavaat already helped me quite a bit on Deimos grinding as well, especially yesterday when I was mining for the frame and mech...

I don't think anyone is saying that the Smeeta by any measurement is bad (because it obviously isnt). Or that extra resources are bad. But the Smeeta buff is far from necessary in any way, which a lot of people seem to think. I mean, the attitude that "Oh nah, I cant use any other companion ever cause yknow smeeta buff" is just not really correct or accurate. You don't need the smeeta, even if you might prefer it.

I've saved thousands of credits by using a Sahasa instead of bringing energy disks. Sahasa is my most used companion overall (with Smeeta being close second) - but I do by no means "need" neither of them. I just enjoyed their quality of life stuff - like extra loot. If you enjoy your Smeeta, by all means - keep your smeeta. Smeeta is awesome! But that does not mean that it's the only valid alternative. :) I mean... Over a period of time, I am fairly certain that I'll gain more materials on never, ever having to ress my pet/play with a dead pet than the Smeeta buff if I choose to stick to Vulpas - but who knows?

My mind is blown with fact that Predasites are really Kubrows and Vulpahylas are Kavats. DE even didn't replace sounds on them! It's strange to see lynx barking and fox meowing. Wonder whether predasite would lose it's loyalty...

Yes, they are not necessarily related to irl animals and also not necessarily related to previous kubrow and kavats, but it's still very confusing.

While all of you are happily grabbing up infested Cat-like things that are almost certainly going to be heavily nerfed because of the invincible larval stage thing, I am here working on building up a powerful Medjay Predasite. 

Still gonna take my Smeeta for resource farming though. 

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

almost certainly going to be heavily nerfed because of the invincible larval stage thing

I dunno about that. One of the most common complaints about companions is how easily they die, and then when they die... ALL their benefits are completely disabled.

This might be DE testing out some ideas on how to address this player complaint.

Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

I dunno about that. One of the most common complaints about companions is how easily they die, and then when they die... ALL their benefits are completely disabled.

This might be DE testing out some ideas on how to address this player complaint.

I suspect it is. 

I still suspect it will end up nerfed. But time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I suspect it is. 

I still suspect it will end up nerfed. But time will tell. 

I mean, reviving 30 seconds later... isn't particularly good.

And Djinn has a mod that does something similar, which hasn't really resulted in nerfs, because the community hasn't suddenly switched to exclusive Djinn use (even among Sentinels, people still often prefer Carrier or Helios).

And we still have people, including you, (who seems to prefer Medjay Predasite), declaring you'll still mostly use Smeeta. Which means... it's not really as desirable as you're thinking.

47 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I mean, reviving 30 seconds later... isn't particularly good.

And Djinn has a mod that does something similar, which hasn't really resulted in nerfs, because the community hasn't suddenly switched to exclusive Djinn use (even among Sentinels, people still often prefer Carrier or Helios).

And we still have people, including you, (who seems to prefer Medjay Predasite), declaring you'll still mostly use Smeeta. Which means... it's not really as desirable as you're thinking.

Difference being mainly that djinn didnt offer anything other than that, but panzer and sly change that a bit, enough? prob not, but there's enough of a want for it as we can see

Tested acidic spittle (vizier predasite) and viral quills some more.

- Damage and crits don't increase the damage. However, elemental damage mods DO increase the damage of the skills. Easily tested by putting venom teeth on either companion and having them shoot any corpus unit. 

- In the case of viral quills the elemental mods do NOT affect the spore damage, so a panzer with toxin damage using viral quills will hurt health directly on a shielded unit then the spore damage will just start hitting shields and only when that is depleted will health damage be taken.

-They will always use the skill if they can regardless of alert status. So they will just start blasting away when you just want a nice stealth mission. They also do so when they are invisible. Contrast this the medjay where it will not use it's bite or charge unless the enemy is in a detected state.

I feel like a lot of people have been talking about the vulpas just because they are 95% unkillable but can we respect how much damage the predasites are going to be capable of putting out? I think, modded correctly, the medjay predasite could be one of the highest dps companions in the game. Personally, I've been running a vizier just for the corrosive damage, I have to do some testing to see how often it procs and how effective it is but that +the healing spores makes the pet a bit tangier and provides a bit of healing to yourself and your team. I think the vizier or the medjay will both be fantastic team pets as well

Sly vulpaphyla is useless right now, why would I need evasion if I'll lose it whenever I hit an enemy? Someone said to me that is useful for running away, but if I want to run away I prefer to enter in void mode and start to dashing like hell

It's a pitty because I was very hyped with this foxy

I'm fairly certain the new companions give no Mastery XP...
Did anyone else gild and rank them?
I don't know if it's a bug or intended...
(I certainly hope not, as the Necramech also did not provide ANY mastery, which I find ridiculous.)

28 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

I'm fairly certain the new companions give no Mastery XP...
Did anyone else gild and rank them?
I don't know if it's a bug or intended...
(I certainly hope not, as the Necramech also did not provide ANY mastery, which I find ridiculous.)

Gilded companions should always grant you mastery exp. If you didn't receive any then it is either a visual bug or bug-bug.

35 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

Sly vulpaphyla is useless right now, why would I need evasion if I'll lose it whenever I hit an enemy? Someone said to me that is useful for running away, but if I want to run away I prefer to enter in void mode and start to dashing like hell

It's a pitty because I was very hyped with this foxy

Sly Vulpa works pretty well with "caster"-style Warframes that do not necessarily use weapons.

Few examples could be Speed-va, Volt, Trinity, Wisp and possibly Saryn. Could also work well with Loki. Other than that, I'd imagine the Sly Vulpahyla being at it's best during Spy-missions or Capture missions, if you intention is just running through the mission as quick as possible without stopping to farm mobs.

If the Sly Vulpahyla isn't to your liking, try one of the other two! Panzer puts out a rather decent amount of damage with viral procs and the Crescent one does a fair amount CC with damage amplifying. :) 

I have 23 weakened Vizier Predasites.  I have 1 weakened Pharoah Predasite.  I have 2 of the weakened Vulpaphyla but I do not recall off the top of my head what they are.  I would really like to find the vulpaphyla but nope almost always the vizier predasites.  It's ... annoying.  A 12:1 ratio of predasites to vulpaphyla seems really off.

12 hours ago, Celetille said:

Do the resistances granted by mutagens actually matter or is this stuff just fashion frame for your pets?

... I mean, depends. Obviously you can min-max them, but it's like 90-95% fashion frame. :) 

6 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

I have 23 weakened Vizier Predasites.  I have 1 weakened Pharoah Predasite.  I have 2 of the weakened Vulpaphyla but I do not recall off the top of my head what they are.  I would really like to find the vulpaphyla but nope almost always the vizier predasites.  It's ... annoying.  A 12:1 ratio of predasites to vulpaphyla seems really off.

Yeah, vizirs are a lot more common in open world :( If you're looking for Vulpahylas, then I'd recommend using tracking. :) 

58 minutes ago, Dezeption said:

... I mean, depends. Obviously you can min-max them, but it's like 90-95% fashion frame. 🙂

Yeah, vizirs are a lot more common in open world 😞 If you're looking for Vulpahylas, then I'd recommend using tracking. 🙂

And then I'd have to get something to attack them to make them weakened so I can turn them into a pet.  Or, they could even out the spawns which would make more sense.

Got a bit more testing in on the other Predasites:

Pharoah Predasite:

Anabolic Polination:
Releases a cloud of spores that persist for 6s, increasing toxin damage by +100%.

The size of the cloud is abysmal, at best its 3m across and hard to spot to boot.
Touching the cloud gives a 5s buff, and it will refresh whenever you touch the cloud again. You can freely walk out of the cloud to keep the buff as is, you don't need to stay inside it at all.
The buff itself is a +100% toxin elemental damage for your weapons, and will combine with elements you have on your weapon. Doesn't affect abilities though.
It gets spammed quite often, I'd say once every 10 seconds so that actually not that bad.

Endoparasitic Vector:
Transmit an endoparasite to an enemy within 30m, tentacles spawn from it, clinging to enemies within 5m slowing them as they move further from the parasite, and dealing 20 viral damage per second over 5 seconds.

It's a projectile that can easily miss, and if it misses then it won't slow enemies nor deal damage...
It only affects the enemy hit at the moment, which is slowed down quite a bit and gradually takes viral damage as well as up to 6 viral procs over its duration.
Seems to use it once every 10 seconds or so as long as there's an enemy in range, so that's kinda good.

Overall I'm not that impressed tbh, But if his parasite does get some AoE he should be a lot better.

Vizier Predasite:

Iatric Mycellium:
Release a trail of spores every 8s that heal the companion and its allies for 300 health over 5 seconds.

I can't see this trail visually at all, but after using this skill the Vizier leaves a trail where he walks for 1~2 seconds, It can cover quite a distance with ease, but it's literally as wide as the pet itself.
Upon coming into contact with said trail you get a 5s buff that restores 300 health in total (aka 60 per second). You can refresh it by walking over the trail of spores again while it is still active.
Whereas the Vizier itself gets healed for a far greater amount from this buff, he can recover at least 800+ health from a single usage. I'm not exactly sure how that mechanically works or if its a bug...
But he only uses it every 20s for me so far and definitely not once per 8s. 

Acidid Spittle:
Every 5s spit acidic tar at an enemy within 30m, blinding them for 12s and dealing 120 corrosive damage.

Technically this can miss as well, but it seems far more accurate than the Pharoah's projectile. 
Otherwise it pretty much does exactly what it states, and it can inflict a corrosive proc but it's quite rare.
Blinded enemies do take double melee damage, so that's nice. It's a bit annoying that this blind also doesn't have a visual effect what so ever so spotting who it blinded can be pretty annoying.

Overall it's kind of ok, he seems durable enough due to his self-heal at least. But It feels a bit lacking otherwise.
He definitely needs some visual cues for his trail & blind at the very least though.

---

And sizes can vary quite a bit,see: https://imgur.com/a/qKovNTr for my predasite sizes so far. I've omitted one because he was nearly identical to another medjay.
I do have a nice large Medjay now though, so that's neat. But I can't gild/donate anything atm either, will need to try and max them all first to see if that bug stops then.

1 hour ago, Elessara1 said:

And then I'd have to get something to attack them to make them weakened so I can turn them into a pet.  Or, they could even out the spawns which would make more sense.

The animal do not necessarily have to be damaged in order for you to receive them as a companions! At least not according to my testing. I got a Panzer Vulpa and all I did was one track scan in a pretty much deserted area, so there was nothing that could have damaged it.

In worst case scenario, if you necessarily want them to be in a "weakened" state, then attacking them once yourself (but don't oneshot them...) should suffice. Remember that the Vulpas are great at running away though! I'd recommend a CC frame or stealth frame for farming them.

12 minutes ago, Wurmheart said:

Got a bit more testing in on the other Predasites:

Pharoah Predasite:

Anabolic Polination:
Releases a cloud of spores that persist for 6s, increasing toxin damage by +100%.

The size of the cloud is abysmal, at best its 3m across and hard to spot to boot.
Touching the cloud gives a 5s buff, and it will refresh whenever you touch the cloud again. You can freely walk out of the cloud to keep the buff as is, you don't need to stay inside it at all.
The buff itself is a +100% toxin elemental damage for your weapons, and will combine with elements you have on your weapon. Doesn't affect abilities though.
It gets spammed quite often, I'd say once every 10 seconds so that actually not that bad.

Endoparasitic Vector:
Transmit an endoparasite to an enemy within 30m, tentacles spawn from it, clinging to enemies within 5m slowing them as they move further from the parasite, and dealing 20 viral damage per second over 5 seconds.

It's a projectile that can easily miss, and if it misses then it won't slow enemies nor deal damage...
It only affects the enemy hit at the moment, which is slowed down quite a bit and gradually takes viral damage as well as up to 6 viral procs over its duration.
Seems to use it once every 10 seconds or so as long as there's an enemy in range, so that's kinda good.

Vizier Predasite:

Iatric Mycellium:
Release a trail of spores every 8s that heal the companion and its allies for 300 health over 5 seconds.

I can't see this trail visually at all, but after using this skill the Vizier leaves a trail where he walks for 1~2 seconds, It can cover quite a distance with ease, but it's literally as wide as the pet itself.
Upon coming into contact with said trail you get a 5s buff that restores 300 health in total (aka 60 per second). You can refresh it by walking over the trail of spores again while it is still active.
Whereas the Vizier itself gets healed for a far greater amount from this buff, he can recover at least 800+ health from a single usage. I'm not exactly sure how that mechanically works or if its a bug...
But he only uses it every 20s for me so far and definitely not once per 8s. 

Acidid Spittle:
Every 5s spit acidic tar at an enemy within 30m, blinding them for 12s and dealing 120 corrosive damage.

Technically this can miss as well, but it seems far more accurate than the Pharoah's projectile. 
Otherwise it pretty much does exactly what it states, and it can inflict a corrosive proc but it's quite rare.
Blinded enemies do take double melee damage, so that's nice. It's a bit annoying that this blind also doesn't have a visual effect what so ever so spotting who it blinded can be pretty annoying.

---

And sizes can vary quite a bit,see: https://imgur.com/a/qKovNTr for my predasite sizes so far. I've omitted one because he was nearly identical to another medjay.
I do have a nice large Medjay now though, so that's neat. But I can't gild/donate anything atm either, will need to try and max them all first to see if that bug stops then.

That is some great info, thank you! And yes, you should be able to gild them without any issue if you level the low leveled predasites to 30 :) According to DE, low level predasites can cause a bug making you unable to gild maxed pets.

Archived