Jump to content

Vulpahyla and Predasite Discussion


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Galuf said:

The evasion is a very strong mechanic if you can weave it in a decent enough build, it is a strong defensive layer.

The sad stuff with companions is that kavaats are way too strong as buffer, even more now that we get a massive resource dump on top of everything I would feel bad not roaming with the loot buff(wich is unreliable but can have stupid returns as well). I may consider the evasion one later down the line when I'm sure I've nothing else to grind.

6 pets it's decent fashion frame potential and it is a big chunk of what completionists are missing for mr30, also it is not that standing intensive.

You only need the buff for so long, it's not strong there's just been no reason not to take it, now there is. Charm is highly unpredictable, and "nice" only when it procs the affinity buff. Outside that it's pretty pointless. I'll take an immortal vaccum pet anyday over charm.Djin didn't offer much but these new pets do. Resource boosters exist and are cheap so

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Galuf said:

The sad stuff with companions is that kavaats are way too strong as buffer

While they are effective buffers, there are other benefits to other pets, especially these new ones. The free Viral procs from the Panzer sounds especially useful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 21 minutes, Tonin4ABonin a dit :

You only need the buff for so long, it's not strong there's just been no reason not to take it, now there is. Charm is highly unpredictable, and "nice" only when it procs the affinity buff. Outside that it's pretty pointless. I'll take an immortal vaccum pet anyday over charm.Djin didn't offer much but these new pets do. Resource boosters exist and are cheap so

My kavaat generated probably into the 6 digits of kuva over time, a good quarter of what I mine is from the buff, not mentionning every rare ressources it generated....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Galuf said:

My kavaat generated probably into the 6 digits of kuva over time, a good quarter of what I mine is from the buff, not mentionning every rare ressources it generated....

Kuva's not guaranteed to make plat, "rare" resources a lot of people are drowning in. A resource booster will do the same, and is 100% guaranteed, where as the smeeta is not. If you want to chance rng go for it, but when you're farming "kuva" as much as you are(which most people will only do with resource booster stacking), it's not your smeeta doing the heavy lifting, it's the boosters. It's nice, but i'ts not strong.

 

The only real reason it's beneficial for kuva is cause you can run out of kuva. You can't run out of the other resources unless you actively try. It'll take me less time to make the plat to buy a decent riven than it will to farm the kuva and pray to the rnggods for something good

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot seem to Gild any companion (neither Vulp nor Preda) atm, so expect a hotfix soon-ish!

EDIT: According to DE there is a bug going around making you unable to gild your companions if you have a low level Predasite in your inventory. SO, if you cannot gild your creatures - level your remaining ones to 30 and you should be fine!

Edited by Dezeption
Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 14 minutes, Tonin4ABonin a dit :

A resource booster will do the same, and is 100% guaranteed, where as the smeeta is not. If you want to chance rng go for it, but when you're farming "kuva" as much as you are(which most people will only do with resource booster stacking), it's not your smeeta doing the heavy lifting, it's the boosters. It's nice, but i'ts not strong.

I am wealthy in game so I play with a resource booster, but both are multiplicative.The kavaat is random but the high end variance is so huge(multiple stacked loot buffs) that overall it is very strong. Some very dedicated are truely drowning in resources but with helminth the dump is quite real for some lesser farmed resource and the kavaat already helped me quite a bit on Deimos grinding as well, especially yesterday when I was mining for the frame and mech...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galuf said:

I am wealthy in game so I play with a resource booster, but both are multiplicative.The kavaat is random but the high end variance is so huge(multiple stacked loot buffs) that overall it is very strong. Some very dedicated are truely drowning in resources but with helminth the dump is quite real for some lesser farmed resource and the kavaat already helped me quite a bit on Deimos grinding as well, especially yesterday when I was mining for the frame and mech...

I don't think anyone is saying that the Smeeta by any measurement is bad (because it obviously isnt). Or that extra resources are bad. But the Smeeta buff is far from necessary in any way, which a lot of people seem to think. I mean, the attitude that "Oh nah, I cant use any other companion ever cause yknow smeeta buff" is just not really correct or accurate. You don't need the smeeta, even if you might prefer it.

I've saved thousands of credits by using a Sahasa instead of bringing energy disks. Sahasa is my most used companion overall (with Smeeta being close second) - but I do by no means "need" neither of them. I just enjoyed their quality of life stuff - like extra loot. If you enjoy your Smeeta, by all means - keep your smeeta. Smeeta is awesome! But that does not mean that it's the only valid alternative. :) I mean... Over a period of time, I am fairly certain that I'll gain more materials on never, ever having to ress my pet/play with a dead pet than the Smeeta buff if I choose to stick to Vulpas - but who knows?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

My mind is blown with fact that Predasites are really Kubrows and Vulpahylas are Kavats. DE even didn't replace sounds on them! It's strange to see lynx barking and fox meowing. Wonder whether predasite would lose it's loyalty...

Yes, they are not necessarily related to irl animals and also not necessarily related to previous kubrow and kavats, but it's still very confusing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

While all of you are happily grabbing up infested Cat-like things that are almost certainly going to be heavily nerfed because of the invincible larval stage thing, I am here working on building up a powerful Medjay Predasite. 

Still gonna take my Smeeta for resource farming though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

almost certainly going to be heavily nerfed because of the invincible larval stage thing

I dunno about that. One of the most common complaints about companions is how easily they die, and then when they die... ALL their benefits are completely disabled.

This might be DE testing out some ideas on how to address this player complaint.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrakeWurrum said:

I dunno about that. One of the most common complaints about companions is how easily they die, and then when they die... ALL their benefits are completely disabled.

This might be DE testing out some ideas on how to address this player complaint.

I suspect it is. 

I still suspect it will end up nerfed. But time will tell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I suspect it is. 

I still suspect it will end up nerfed. But time will tell. 

I mean, reviving 30 seconds later... isn't particularly good.

And Djinn has a mod that does something similar, which hasn't really resulted in nerfs, because the community hasn't suddenly switched to exclusive Djinn use (even among Sentinels, people still often prefer Carrier or Helios).

And we still have people, including you, (who seems to prefer Medjay Predasite), declaring you'll still mostly use Smeeta. Which means... it's not really as desirable as you're thinking.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I mean, reviving 30 seconds later... isn't particularly good.

And Djinn has a mod that does something similar, which hasn't really resulted in nerfs, because the community hasn't suddenly switched to exclusive Djinn use (even among Sentinels, people still often prefer Carrier or Helios).

And we still have people, including you, (who seems to prefer Medjay Predasite), declaring you'll still mostly use Smeeta. Which means... it's not really as desirable as you're thinking.

Difference being mainly that djinn didnt offer anything other than that, but panzer and sly change that a bit, enough? prob not, but there's enough of a want for it as we can see

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested acidic spittle (vizier predasite) and viral quills some more.

- Damage and crits don't increase the damage. However, elemental damage mods DO increase the damage of the skills. Easily tested by putting venom teeth on either companion and having them shoot any corpus unit. 

- In the case of viral quills the elemental mods do NOT affect the spore damage, so a panzer with toxin damage using viral quills will hurt health directly on a shielded unit then the spore damage will just start hitting shields and only when that is depleted will health damage be taken.

-They will always use the skill if they can regardless of alert status. So they will just start blasting away when you just want a nice stealth mission. They also do so when they are invisible. Contrast this the medjay where it will not use it's bite or charge unless the enemy is in a detected state.

Edited by Darklight65
added information
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like a lot of people have been talking about the vulpas just because they are 95% unkillable but can we respect how much damage the predasites are going to be capable of putting out? I think, modded correctly, the medjay predasite could be one of the highest dps companions in the game. Personally, I've been running a vizier just for the corrosive damage, I have to do some testing to see how often it procs and how effective it is but that +the healing spores makes the pet a bit tangier and provides a bit of healing to yourself and your team. I think the vizier or the medjay will both be fantastic team pets as well

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sly vulpaphyla is useless right now, why would I need evasion if I'll lose it whenever I hit an enemy? Someone said to me that is useful for running away, but if I want to run away I prefer to enter in void mode and start to dashing like hell

It's a pitty because I was very hyped with this foxy

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly certain the new companions give no Mastery XP...
Did anyone else gild and rank them?
I don't know if it's a bug or intended...
(I certainly hope not, as the Necramech also did not provide ANY mastery, which I find ridiculous.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

I'm fairly certain the new companions give no Mastery XP...
Did anyone else gild and rank them?
I don't know if it's a bug or intended...
(I certainly hope not, as the Necramech also did not provide ANY mastery, which I find ridiculous.)

Gilded companions should always grant you mastery exp. If you didn't receive any then it is either a visual bug or bug-bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mystic_Ervo said:

Sly vulpaphyla is useless right now, why would I need evasion if I'll lose it whenever I hit an enemy? Someone said to me that is useful for running away, but if I want to run away I prefer to enter in void mode and start to dashing like hell

It's a pitty because I was very hyped with this foxy

Sly Vulpa works pretty well with "caster"-style Warframes that do not necessarily use weapons.

Few examples could be Speed-va, Volt, Trinity, Wisp and possibly Saryn. Could also work well with Loki. Other than that, I'd imagine the Sly Vulpahyla being at it's best during Spy-missions or Capture missions, if you intention is just running through the mission as quick as possible without stopping to farm mobs.

If the Sly Vulpahyla isn't to your liking, try one of the other two! Panzer puts out a rather decent amount of damage with viral procs and the Crescent one does a fair amount CC with damage amplifying. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 23 weakened Vizier Predasites.  I have 1 weakened Pharoah Predasite.  I have 2 of the weakened Vulpaphyla but I do not recall off the top of my head what they are.  I would really like to find the vulpaphyla but nope almost always the vizier predasites.  It's ... annoying.  A 12:1 ratio of predasites to vulpaphyla seems really off.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Celetille said:

Do the resistances granted by mutagens actually matter or is this stuff just fashion frame for your pets?

... I mean, depends. Obviously you can min-max them, but it's like 90-95% fashion frame. :) 

 

6 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

I have 23 weakened Vizier Predasites.  I have 1 weakened Pharoah Predasite.  I have 2 of the weakened Vulpaphyla but I do not recall off the top of my head what they are.  I would really like to find the vulpaphyla but nope almost always the vizier predasites.  It's ... annoying.  A 12:1 ratio of predasites to vulpaphyla seems really off.

 

 

Yeah, vizirs are a lot more common in open world :( If you're looking for Vulpahylas, then I'd recommend using tracking. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...