Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulpahyla and Predasite Discussion

Dezeption

On 2020-08-27 at 6:30 AM, Dezeption said:

They are a bit tricky to get, but hang in there!

As of currently, it seems like those that you get from Tracking (my own anecdotal experience, might be very wrong) cannot become companions. All 4 (and all copies of them) that I've caught has been caught when looking for them in Open World.

If you tranq an animal that you would like to be your companion, you can 'weaken' them after the fact. Simply find the nearest infested and lure them over to the sleeping animals and they will be 'weakened' even though they're invulnerable.

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

With the exception of the immortal Panzer, these are quite useless, and further evidence that DE don't play their own game. Likely I will just stick with my Adarza.

Obviously you're free to stick to your Adarza (which is a great companion) - but just because they don't offer what you'd like doesn't make them useless. :) 

4 hours ago, Dezeption said:

Obviously you're free to stick to your Adarza (which is a great companion) - but just because they don't offer what you'd like doesn't make them useless. 🙂

My main issue with "roaming" pets compared to sentinels is their damn tendecy to go and get downed far out of the way while being utterly useless were you would have needed them.

Until we get a way, like most MMOs, to order the idiotic AI of pets to do what WE want they'll always feel more of a liability than an asset.

I do wish the panzer vulpaphyla was a bit better. Not being able to see the amount of enemies infected with the spores and not seeing the damage numbers is a massive negative imho. Also wish the spores did a bit more damage because right now they are pretty weak.

2 hours ago, Ikusias said:

My main issue with "roaming" pets compared to sentinels is their damn tendecy to go and get downed far out of the way while being utterly useless were you would have needed them.

Until we get a way, like most MMOs, to order the idiotic AI of pets to do what WE want they'll always feel more of a liability than an asset.

I absolutely agree. Even though I generally prefer beast companions before robotics (and I even used the Sahasa as my most frequent pet before Fetch was a thing) - the AI could REALLY use some work, and some better options regarding pet control would be really handy.

I don't know how many times I've cursed at my Sahasa cause she keeps running miles away from me, picking fights with some random 100+ Heavy Gunner and being insta-downed. :( 

1 hour ago, Salt_KuHa said:

I do wish the panzer vulpaphyla was a bit better. Not being able to see the amount of enemies infected with the spores and not seeing the damage numbers is a massive negative imho. Also wish the spores did a bit more damage because right now they are pretty weak.

I agree, but regarding the spores; you can kinda see how many spores they have up by looking at the mobs. Their spores looks identical to Saryn's spores.

Generally, their spores can be all over the places if the place is cramped. .. ... If the density is low however, not so much :D 

10 hours ago, Dezeption said:

I agree, but regarding the spores; you can kinda see how many spores they have up by looking at the mobs. Their spores looks identical to Saryn's spores.

Generally, their spores can be all over the places if the place is cramped. .. ... If the density is low however, not so much 😄

yeah I know. Just wish we had a similar counter that saryn has. And the spores become impossible to track if you have a saryn in your team because you see no damage numbers and have no real indication of which spores are yours and which are saryn's (other than energy color). 

Also, I did some testing and noticed there's a cap on how many spores a single enemy can have on them. This means that the Panzer Vulpaphyla can ruin a Saryn's day since the spores just spread without killing the enemies resulting in Saryn being unable to spread her spores on them.

Hmm, the Panzer Vulpaphyla has caught my interest as being a potential replacement for my equilibrium utility companion. Viral Quills sounds like a very good way of tagging enemies for Synth Deconstruct, especially if damage from spread spores also count. Plus they can't permanently die on a mission, so Synth Fiber should presumably always be in effect for you to pick up health orbs. And as a personal aside, it looks like their spores work like Saryn's old spores (dealing viral instead of corrosive), which I've missed since that got changed 😛

I've not really seen anyone discussing this: can Vulpaphylas equip Kavat mods? I've read that they're treated like Kavats for other features, like catching Vasca virus.

As a big time Djinn fan I was really hyped for the Panzer variant as it does the offensive job of my Djin but better and has a longer uptime on vacuum.

The only thing that makes me not use it though is Shield Recharger and Guardian mods because I play Harrow 90% of the time, and it feels naked to play without them.

So, that 70% playtime with Djinn will continue to rise then.

Though if I pick any other frame Lugesidra (my Panzer) is there to help.

Testing the panzer Vulpa, nezha melee with health conversion and equilibrium, it feel as an incredibible upgrade from the heliosP at higher difficulties, synth fiber is active way more time and the synth deconstruct spawn a lot more orbs.

Well my first was Vizier Pred, good size.  Picked this as my first even though I liked the visual look of the Pharaoh (or however DE made the name up) because of the self healing and ranged attack.  So far actually liking it but you were correct there is no visual cue for the health line other then a Shaking Body idle animation upon activation if the Vizier is standing still.  survivabilty is good so thank goodness for that.   I'll have to see how much of a benefit it'll get from gilding it though 10 tokens is pretty expensive honestly so that'll take some time.

I did some research on which mutagen I should use, they are all kinda bad apparently but the proto shield one seems to be the least horrible which is annoying because you lose all customization thanks to that.

I made a beautiful Tank Fox (DE needs to fix the look link so i can let others revel in its glory)

It is everything i expected it to be,

i saw it kill an enemy in kuva flood from full health (probably a lucky crit head shot and viral procs but still )

The spores i wish showed damage numbers, its kinda hard to track.

it spends almost equal time in larva and mature forms in my playsyle (i think some of the mods become disabled in larva form ? pretty sure animal instinct doesn't seem to work, not sure if bug or intended)

I didnt really care about the resistances , i just made one which looks coolest , spiky mane and exposed tail makes it look so mythical,

I of course gave it the apt name of Fine Tails.

On 2020-08-31 at 9:20 PM, Ikusias said:

And when you try to go and revive them they just start to try and teleport near you, a "system" which is so poorly made they just teleport in and out of walls and all over the place.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-08-26 at 9:52 PM, o0Despair0o said:

I was going for a Sly Vul-... vulpy... vulpahyla? Vul-Pa-Hy-La. Jesus.

And now that I've read this...

I guess that means increased chance to avoid damage from hits, or reduced enemy accuracy? Could be handy if you're running a squishy frame.

So basically I get near-permanent survivability boosts. Neat.

Then again,

Basically a pocket Saryn with respawns.

I think I'll go for the Panzer instead. Problem is, I got 2 sly's sitting around but I haven't gotten any Panzer's yet.

Archived