I'm having trouble killing Necramechs...

So I'm an MR29 player with nearly 4k hours, playing since 2014. I keep hearing about people wiping the floor with these things, but... I just can't replicate it. I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong here, because I'm at a loss. Loadout is as follows:

Inaros Prime
Kuva Quartakk (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Kuva Nukor (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Gram Prime (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Larkspur (Corrosive)

These things just don't die. I shoot the arms off, they regenerate a few frames after falling off, I try shooting them in the back (solo btw, so it isn't easy) and deal the same damage as I would to the arms. When they become invulnerable I dash through em, deal a bit of damage, then they go invulnerable again almost immediately. These are high tier weapons with very strong rivens, and I'm literally running out of ammo before they die. As in, I need to use ammo restores, sometimes several times. I'm genuinely at a loss here.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Post a video? Im honestly Shocked Larkspur isn't doing all the work for you.  Its never once failed to kill a necro within 1 clip.

May be the Corrosive damage? Even though they have armor it might be alloy armor, also they are "robots" so radiation works better.

Octavia kills them super fast. Try that.

Edited by (PS4)poloslash18

Looking at the Wiki they have Alloy Armor not Ferrite, so Radiation would be a better option supposedly.

They also have Machinery type health which is weak to Blast, which might be why people are suggesting explosive weapons.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

Hhhhmmmm, there appears to be an issue with this enemy spamming invulnerability.

Those weapons are strong so i don't know why you can't kill it. It shouldn't even matter too much the element because i killed one with a kuva karak built for viral/heat

Might be a mechanics thing? the fight is essencially, shoot the arms, shoot the back, dead. Invulnerable? shoot the back apparently but beware the reflect.

Another option is to go stropha heavy attack at point blank and more often than not it will die very fast, but it's not ideal to have to do that all the time.

I'm only going to say this once more: People are overlooking Revenant extremely hard. He can do and kill everything in Heart of Deimos, even T6 Bounties, by himself in seconds without firing a shot. While it's a bit shameful that he hasn't been fully realized by the majority, I'm kind of glad since he's my "the pugs are going to fail, so let's carry" Warframe. When I realized I can press one (1) button and almost insta-kill Necramechs, I laughed.

(Edit was a spelling fix.)

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01
  • Like 1

I'm recording a solo run through all 3, trying to read this as I go. I used larkspur on the first one and it did go down without a ton of trouble, but I think it was after a clip and a half, and the later ones are way tankier. I'll be sure to try all of these other mentioned strats next.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

I'm only going to say this once more: People are overlooking Revenant extremely hard. He can do and kill everything in Heart of Deimos, even T6 Bounties, by himself in seconds without firing a shot. While it's a bit shameful that he hasn't been fully realized by the majority, I'm kind of glad since he's my "the pugs are going to fail, so let's carry" Warframe. When I realized I can press one (1) button and almost insta-kill Necramechs, I laughed.

Shhhhhhhhhhh

I recommend doing a steel path melee combo build. I personally use the Kronen prime. To keep yourself from dying I'd recommend using rolling guard to get status effects off of you, and the little bit of invulnerability is nice. Frame you use shouldn't really matter. I was leveling Xaku while clearing these.

This is the type of build I just happened to jump into the update with as I'm still working on clearing the SP starchart. With it I haven't encountered the difficulty issues others have been.

3 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Warframe is about using the right tool for the right job. Using a tank frame for boss fights is not a great idea.

While I don't disagree, I didn't think the frame was going to have as massive an impact. Most of the people I see using frames are using them for damage, and I would think that these weapons would have been more than up to the task. 

I finished the second vault and got a good bit of footage for an example, I should have that ready in a minute. My smeeta gave me her crit buff of course, so swapping to nukor was enough to wipe em out, but you can see me struggling greatly before that happens. I'm gonna go again, trying some of the listed strats here.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

(Edit was a spelling fix.)

What exactly are you doing with Revenant? I have him of course, but he was never my cup of tea, and I'm not particularly well versed in how he works and what the more potent builds are.

Im.pretty sure thry are using max power strength + his 1 + reave in order kill them.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

May be the Corrosive damage? Even though they have armor it might be alloy armor, also they are "robots" so radiation works better.

Octavia kills them super fast. Try that.

Wouldnt know. Lakspur modded for corrosion still has radiation on it since its a radiation weapon primarily. 

I havent changed my Lakspur since Hildryn dropped and it wrecked the necromechs

48 minutes ago, -Mr.K- said:

So I'm an MR29 player with nearly 4k hours, playing since 2014. I keep hearing about people wiping the floor with these things, but... I just can't replicate it. I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong here, because I'm at a loss. Loadout is as follows:

Inaros Prime
Kuva Quartakk (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Kuva Nukor (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Gram Prime (Corrosive with a strong riven)
Larkspur (Corrosive)

These things just don't die. I shoot the arms off, they regenerate a few frames after falling off, I try shooting them in the back (solo btw, so it isn't easy) and deal the same damage as I would to the arms. When they become invulnerable I dash through em, deal a bit of damage, then they go invulnerable again almost immediately. These are high tier weapons with very strong rivens, and I'm literally running out of ammo before they die. As in, I need to use ammo restores, sometimes several times. I'm genuinely at a loss here.

You have to pick a different weapons.

The best way to kill them is to destroy it's arms then you will see a light on it's back, that's where the weakpoint is. You can also shoot the holes after the arms.

You must take weapons that are pretty accurate and are not AOE dmg like Larkspur or Nukor.

I personally use Imperator as heavygun and pyrana Prime as sidearm.

Also a protip, but shhh don't tell anyone or DE will nerf it.

You can 100% put it to sleep with Nightwave landingcraft abilitiy 😉 

• Like 1
Just now, Cerikus said:

The best way to kill them is to destroy it's arms then you will see a light on it's back, that's where the weakpoint is. You can also shoot the holes after the arms.

I've been trying this to little effect with the Quartakk unfortunately, but maybe my aim is just trash? Didn't know about the holes once the arms are gone, I'll give that a shot for sure.

1 minute ago, -Mr.K- said:

I've been trying this to little effect with the Quartakk unfortunately, but maybe my aim is just trash? Didn't know about the holes once the arms are gone, I'll give that a shot for sure.

Tbh, it IS difficult to hit the weakpoints. The dudes keep turning around... It's a bit similar to Thumpers on plains 😄 
It's much easier to do it in a group or with specters or pets. Something needs to keep the thing occupied, while you go behind and empty 200 imperator vandal ammo into his back 😉 

• Like 1

I'm still trying several of the strats mentioned, but I feel like it's worth saying that earlier on, on day 1 I want to say, I could shoot them for less than a second with my Nukor and kill them. I don't like that I could do that, but something was definitely changed and I must have missed it in the patch notes.

Haven't played after the hotfixes last night so I don't know if the "fixes" broke the mechs but I managed to kill a few of them with dex pixia. I struggled a bit but that might be because the guns are modded for heat viral aka nothing that helps against machinery, alloy armor and proto-shields

• Like 1