Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feature Suggestion] Nanospore Merchant

Alkirin

It seems that DE is aware that most non-newbie players are so flooded with Nanospores that they could be functionally removed from the game with nearly no impact.

My thought/solution is to simply introduce a persistent merchant/credit sink.

Meet 'Gerard' (placeholder name, call him whatever you want)

Who he is:

A mysterious, seemingly-lone merchant figure with a vested interest in acquiring Nanospores and an aversion to engaging the infested to acquire them.  Spin up lore and tool the aesthetic to anything you want, he's just there to buy and employs some odd means to avoid getting jacked by the Corpus and Grineer, whatever.

How he works:

Functionally, an additional alert icon.  Click on it to see what he's offering (insert cool zoom-in of his ship, etc.), rotating from the same pool of worthless-useful that the alerts do - with costs scaling appropriately.

Overall, a simple quirky sink that doesn't require much effort to put in and could go a long way toward relieving some resource/equipment woes.

Essentially.  Except that full investment goes toward something you are looking to buy, instead of just blowing nanospores on RNG rolls.  Think of alerts that grant rewards while pulling excess resources out of the system instead of inserting more.

This actually reminds me of that merchant fellow from Resident Evil 4 who says "What are you buyin?" "What are you sellin?" and instead of cash it's just nano spores that we keep getting 1k a game. Xini-Eris stage I'm looking at you, never giving us any of the other resources fairly, even the crates gives you spores after spores.

What about when spending nano spores you also get some kind of level up bar when it comes to the merchant. Higher your level a better discount you get on stuff you wanna buy. Basically when you start off on the guy its expensive as heck, but keep buying from him and better the discount gets to a certain point of course. Wait even better....what if the merchant sells all those weapons/gears (as blueprints) that were once available back then, but was later retired except they should be very expensive and only available for a limited time, but comes back every now and then.

Ah wishful thinking.

Or simply let us sell them for 2 credits or so ...... i mean you get 2-5k spores out of a derelict mission ..... also some other mats from survival missions "cough" 9k salvage from Ari "cough" ....(also add a damn "HOW MUCH OF X DO YOU WANT TO SELL" to that... im sick of searching and selling multiple same blueprints)