Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animal Conservation: Can it F-Off?

RazorCure

Maybe this wont be constructive feedback, but hey..

Animal hunting? Again? Seriously?

I NEVER once did this for PoE or Fortuna, because I said 'to myself' that it sounded totally boring and unfun, and is 100% NOT what I think of when I wanna go play Warframe did some mining and fishing on both planets, because you basically HAVE to (unless you pay) in order to rank up the syndicates. And now, on Deimos, you are forced into animal hunting. FORCED. If a gameplay mechanic is unfun (as all 3 of the mining/fishing/hunting modes are), forcing people to do it is basically saying 'Oh yeah, we know this SUCKS, but we spent our time on it, so you better do it.'

Did my first hunts today, and the animal tracks can be stupidly hard to see, especially with all the infested grass. The Predasite hunting is not bad (as in, its easy, but it still is totally not fun in ANY way)..bit those Birds? REALLY? The first 4 times I called a bird (in teh SAME damn spot, in the entry to that white tunnel thing), I didnt see anything. ANd it was only the 4th time that Son told me to look up. Because...why would I be looking up when the tracks are on the ground?

So I got one. Finally. But I need FIVE for the syndicate. No words.

The new zone is amazing. AMAZING. ANd I had fun on the first day. A lot of fun.

But now I am forced to do things that not only do I not want to, but things that I find utterly mind numbing and stupid.

The constructive bit.

Never, ever, ever lock cool stuff (like the Helminth) behind stupid game modes that are NOTHING at all like the actually game play many people play the actual game for.

47 minutes ago, RazorCure said:

Maybe this wont be constructive feedback, but hey..

Animal hunting? Again? Seriously?

I NEVER once did this for PoE or Fortuna, because I said 'to myself' that it sounded totally boring and unfun, and is 100% NOT what I think of when I wanna go play Warframe did some mining and fishing on both planets, because you basically HAVE to (unless you pay) in order to rank up the syndicates. And now, on Deimos, you are forced into animal hunting. FORCED. If a gameplay mechanic is unfun (as all 3 of the mining/fishing/hunting modes are), forcing people to do it is basically saying 'Oh yeah, we know this SUCKS, but we spent our time on it, so you better do it.'

Did my first hunts today, and the animal tracks can be stupidly hard to see, especially with all the infested grass. The Predasite hunting is not bad (as in, its easy, but it still is totally not fun in ANY way)..bit those Birds? REALLY? The first 4 times I called a bird (in teh SAME damn spot, in the entry to that white tunnel thing), I didnt see anything. ANd it was only the 4th time that Son told me to look up. Because...why would I be looking up when the tracks are on the ground?

So I got one. Finally. But I need FIVE for the syndicate. No words.

The new zone is amazing. AMAZING. ANd I had fun on the first day. A lot of fun.

But now I am forced to do things that not only do I not want to, but things that I find utterly mind numbing and stupid.

The constructive bit.

Never, ever, ever lock cool stuff (like the Helminth) behind stupid game modes that are NOTHING at all like the actually game play many people play the actual game for.

hehe you are right but DE knows if they don't content gate it behind crap then people will speed through it, not like most won't now anyway lol. they are hoping all this fishing, mining and conservation nonsense slows down players enough for a month or 2, unlike planes of eidolon or fortuna where people blizzed through in 2-3 weeks due to the things being locked behind warframe-core content 

51 minutes ago, RazorCure said:

If a gameplay mechanic is unfun (as all 3 of the mining/fishing/hunting modes are), forcing people to do it is basically saying 'Oh yeah, we know this SUCKS, but we spent our time on it, so you better do it.'

Exactly this. This is the reason why I won't even unlock Helminth, Conservation will never be fun in my book. That it exists, no problem, I know people who genuinely enjoy that. That it's a prerequisite for the biggest addition to this update, well no.

I won't unlock Helminth and I hope many people will do that. That's the only way for them to understand how much they failed. If they still see 100% of the players have achieved R3, they'll just think they're right, and hence won't change Deimos ranking system and will probably further increase conservation mandatoriness (does this word exist ?) in future open worlds.

So yeah, a bit salty that I #*!%ed up my Foundry by crafting tons of unclaimed Warframes that probably won't ever be subsumed, but at least I'll be playing a game that is genuinely fun. Don't know whether this will be Warframe pre-Deimos content, or another game at all.

I honestly didn't totally hate the Predasite hunting..at first. At least those are obvious too see ( I only had one vanish on me). Then I saw that the Tag you need for Rank 3 is a Medjey (rare) Predasite. Which requires pheromones that are single use! And don't even make it certain you get the special capture.

It is sad that Hunting is required, because I think the Token for Standing system is much much better than Fortuna/PoE, cause you can just keep doing bounties and redeem tokens for standing every day.

19 minutes ago, RazorCure said:

I honestly didn't totally hate the Predasite hunting..at first. At least those are obvious too see ( I only had one vanish on me). Then I saw that the Tag you need for Rank 3 is a Medjey (rare) Predasite. Which requires pheromones that are single use! And don't even make it certain you get the special capture.

It is sad that Hunting is required, because I think the Token for Standing system is much much better than Fortuna/PoE, cause you can just keep doing bounties and redeem tokens for standing every day.

Tokens for standing is good, tokens required for progression within the syndicate and access to the highly promoted bit of the update isn't.

Once I saw the amount of Son tokens and how to get them, I've just exited game and played something else. Plain and simple.
I don't mind these things being in game but forcing me to mine, hunt and fish in order to get the main "thing" in a looter shooter that is about space ninjas is beyond ridiculous...

I dont blame people for hating conservation with all of this current bullcrap in the Cambion Drift.  

-Token economy

-Air squid

-Tranq quality being meaningless

-broken hunting mechanics if you try to hunt using poop/echolure method.  

-Velocipods not being highlighted by tranq gun

------------------------------------

My advice to make the best of a horrible nightmare....

Steath Frame + smeeta.   Stay on the ground and just run around with tranq out and find stuff organically..   

If you need specific types of animals.  You can make those only that type of animal poop apear on your map by cycing between 2 different tags.  

Like if you need the bird.  Select any other tag not counting the one you start on, then switch to the bird lure.  Now only bird poop will be on your map.   After you catch that bird... you need to swap lures to any other animal, then back to the bird.  Now your map will only have bird poop again.  Thats works in PoE/OV and CD.  I'll definately be using it for the birds to reach rank 3... 

---------------------

With organic hunting you dont need animal scents.  You can run across any type of critter.  You just need luck..   But i've gotten every kind of dog, every kind of tick, the cats are rare.... I've gotten non common birds lol... 

1 minute ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Like if you need the bird.  Select any other tag not counting the one you start on, then switch to the bird lure.  Now only bird poop will be on your map.   After you catch that bird... you need to swap lures to any other animal, then back to the bird.  Now your map will only have bird poop again.  Thats works in PoE/OV and CD.  I'll definately be using it for the birds to reach rank 3..

How do you mean? Can you go through that step by step, like from zoning into the Necrolisk?

Im going bird hunting...

1. Enter the drift...
  2. Equip my tranq
  3. My echolure is default set to dog.... I switch to tick/cat
  4. Switch to Bird
  5. Open map, mark the nearest poop pile, which should be 100% bird poop.
  6. Fly there and start the hunt
  7. shoot and capture bird
  8. Jump back up to step 3 and repeat until bored to death or you have enough.

------------------------

If you want any other specific animal just swap out bird for the correct animal..

You still have to put up with broken hunting mechanics and random breed of bird..

Organic hunting is completely random critters but atleast theres no bugs... the birds in CD hover about 200-250 meters off the ground...

23 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Im going bird hunting...

1. Enter the drift...
  2. Equip my tranq
  3. My echolure is default set to dog.... I switch to tick/cat
  4. Switch to Bird
  5. Open map, mark the nearest poop pile, which should be 100% bird poop.
  6. Fly there and start the hunt
  7. shoot and capture bird
  8. Jump back up to step 3 and repeat until bored to death or you have enough.

------------------------

If you want any other specific animal just swap out bird for the correct animal..

You still have to put up with broken hunting mechanics and random breed of bird..

Organic hunting is completely random critters but atleast theres no bugs... the birds in CD hover about 200-250 meters off the ground...

I believe everyone here knows how to get a bird or whatever, the issue is how many times to do and getting 5 extra from a spesific type. Spesificly the bird sometimes spawn way too high so when you trank it you can't see where it falls. I tried 4 bird hunts so far, it was annoying and I ended up getting only one bird and it wasn't the type I needed.

If I calculated it right, you need about two or three tags for every token, these are 20-30 hunts minimum beacuse ranking up takes 10 tokens. The hard part is that you can't trade "a bird tag" or "a dog tag", you need to trade a spesific kind of "bird tag" and "dog tag", so RNG increase the times you need to hunt by a lot. Add 5 tokens of a spesific kind of bird and one of a dog, they number of hunts increase by even more. I'm not an expert, but considering RNG, it sounds like about 50-60 successful hunts total without a booster.

The dogs die way too soon and far so they are hard to find.

I spent two hours today and got only two tags that I don't need, not including random dragonflys that I don't need to rank up. I just rage quited.

I basicly got nothing for two hours of gameplay.

I personally don't mind mining and fishing, but hunting is awful and especially on Diemos.

Also, there are so many enemies around that kill the animals or scare them away. I had a charger with glass that spawned right after using the lure and waiting for the animal. It chaced me even tho I was invisible, I had to melee kill it and somehow the bird I was hunting also died and I failed the hunt.

I'm starting to feel like people are playing the lure minigame and struggling. Meanwhile I'm flying around in my archwing (mainly keeping to the edge of the map) and finding them with ease.

Some rarer animals are apparently tied to time of day such as the Medjay with night.

At most they need to lower the requirement per Son token by 75%. Even with a booster it's ridiculous.

I finally got my 5 common birds and Medjey dog thing. I was capturing 'normal' dogs as well, figuribng I could use those for son tokens (like how with dad and daughter, the tokens take all different combos of resources).

Then I looked and..those Vizier and Pharoh dog tags are NOT in his token combos, at all. What the #*!% is teh point of even having them, if there is no way to use the damn things?

28 minutes ago, RazorCure said:

You must be a masochist.

Different people like different things. All there is to it.

Though I've always hated the bird hunts. They bug out too much, and it makes no sense to have their tracks on the ground like that. Weren't they flying? So yeah, I'll give ya that one.

But when they don't bug out so badly, I find the hunts fun. A nice change of pace from the normal grindy repetitive gameplay.

To make things worse, while I tried to do this animal hunt dispite it killing me inside, the targets died many times because the infested or something else killed them before I could capture. At one point NW glassmaker portal also blew them up. Amazing.

The issue isn't having to do conservation as much as it is conservation being a pain because of different factors.

1. Enemies spawning on you constantly with cross-map aggro, making it impossible to focus on the task at hand and at worst scaring the animals away or even killing them.
2. Poor visibility of the tracks and finding the lure points, and poor visibility of seeing the actual animals in the tranq UI with the pulsing silhouette and no indication of which direction they're in. ESPECIALLY in Cambion Drift with everything being orange.
3. RNG on the rarity of the animal
4. Not getting extra tags based on the quality of your capture
5. The flying animals being EXTRA hard to see.
6. The system being confusing af and not explained AT ALL, and no mention of the fact you can find animals roaming freely

That being said, at least you can find a lot of animals roaming in the wild (although they always become Weakened because of the constant enemy spawns ruining everything). I managed to snag two of the rare Predasites just roaming, thankfully. 

15 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

hehe you are right but DE knows if they don't content gate it behind crap then people will speed through it, not like most won't now anyway lol. they are hoping all this fishing, mining and conservation nonsense slows down players enough for a month or 2, unlike planes of eidolon or fortuna where people blizzed through in 2-3 weeks due to the things being locked behind warframe-core content 

Slowing things down by making people dread content is not how you keep a playerbase though.

i got most of mine from getting in my archwing and hunting the spawn hotspots without using the tracking feature... only used that for my final bird and the medjay... people are already finding spawn hotspots and posting em on forums. if u do it on ur archwing and just fly back and forth between 2 hotspots ull get a ton rly fast

2 hours ago, CephKaron said:

The issue isn't having to do conservation as much as it is conservation being a pain because of different factors.

1. Enemies spawning on you constantly with cross-map aggro, making it impossible to focus on the task at hand and at worst scaring the animals away or even killing them.
2. Poor visibility of the tracks and finding the lure points, and poor visibility of seeing the actual animals in the tranq UI with the pulsing silhouette and no indication of which direction they're in. ESPECIALLY in Cambion Drift with everything being orange.
3. RNG on the rarity of the animal
4. Not getting extra tags based on the quality of your capture
5. The flying animals being EXTRA hard to see.
6. The system being confusing af and not explained AT ALL, and no mention of the fact you can find animals roaming freely

That being said, at least you can find a lot of animals roaming in the wild (although they always become Weakened because of the constant enemy spawns ruining everything). I managed to snag two of the rare Predasites just roaming, thankfully. 

It is worth noting that the cross-map aggro issues can be solved well with Ivara. Feels cheap to do it, but hey, it works? She *is* the Huntress... (I used to use Banshee until they actually made the Tranq shot silenced baseline)

I hope they listen on the 4th point, and do SOMETHING about the issues with flying hunts (it's been a problem for a while now on Fortuna and PoE as well).

They probably felt they didn't need to explain the system since we've had the exact same system in PoE and Fortuna (where we GET the tranq shot from to begin with) and it was basically explained there. (That being said, DE is notoriously bad at actually putting in tutorials and relies on players to hold each other's hands)

The only issue I've ever had with animal RNG is... that it's easier to get the "common" type and the "rare" type than it is the "uncommon" one specifically because of pheromones. They need to put out pheromones for each specific variant of a species.

Archived