Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs are godawful to fight

Smilomaniac

On 2020-08-30 at 2:34 AM, DeMonkey said:

One thing I've theorised about is whether the Necramechs can activate each others shields via proximity to one another. I've noticed much more usage in the later vaults when they're grouped up than when they're alone. 

Given that on release Ally Necramechs were able to effect our ability and Operator usage, I wouldn't be surprised it they were all effecting one another. If so, that absolutely needs fixing. Anyone else considered the same?

The reflect shield is the biggest problem I have with them, and not because I'm killing myself on it, but because they seemingly just spam it endlessly. I usually do the vaults solo as Nekros for Desecrate and while the fights aren't particularly tough, the triple Necramech fight can take me anyhere from 2-10 minutes based seemingly on luck alone. I use a Raksa kubrow with Howl to get them to turn around and Imperator Vandal with radiation to kill them, with a Raplak/Shraksun amp to bring the shield down. At first I figured the Raksa was really useful for the CC/getting a shot on their back, but if it's proximity is causing their shields to go up, it might be making it way harder for me than I thought. I'll have to give it a go without him.

EDIT: Just did another triple vault run solo where the only thing I changed was replacing my Raksa for Helios. The mechs only put their shields up when I got within 10 or so meters and the entire run was a breeze. Turns out non-sentinel companions make Necramech fights way more tedious than they need to be. 

3 hours ago, TheDrunkenKanaima said:

Just did another triple vault run solo where the only thing I changed was replacing my Raksa for Helios. The mechs only put their shields up when I got within 10 or so meters and the entire run was a breeze. Turns out non-sentinel companions make Necramech fights way more tedious than they need to be. 

In that case it was likely the infested that activated, and probably charged, the shields in the run I'm thinking of.

Since noticing it in my first couple of runs I've been running a sentinel over a pet, and despawning my clone on entry. Much simpler than my initial fight. I get that the shields can be a little buggery, but thank you for trying something different. Many people seem to just be complaining when their first strategy doesn't work.

50 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In that case it was likely the infested that activated, and probably charged, the shields in the run I'm thinking of.

Since noticing it in my first couple of runs I've been running a sentinel over a pet, and despawning my clone on entry. Much simpler than my initial fight. I get that the shields can be a little buggery, but thank you for trying something different. Many people seem to just be complaining when their first strategy doesn't work.

The shields have been bothering me for some time, I just assumed the cooldown was busted. I never made the connection that it might be related to proximity - since it reflects gunfire I figured they just put it up in response to taking damage or something. If it weren't for my kubrow constantly triggering it beyond my control I'm sure it would've clicked with me that every time they charge close, their shield goes up.

This might be one of those things that they should make companions not trigger, like laser grids. I'd be curious to find out how many people that are frustrated with the mech fights also bring animal companions or summoning frames.

I was always bringing my smeeta kavat to iso vault runs.
Also, I started running triso vault runs in a squad and the difficulty drops off substantially. Most of the time necramechs are dead within 20 seconds and most of the rest of the time they die within a minute without any party members going down.
I only have one question left now, why does Ember's armor strip work on them but Oberon's doesn't?

Personally I think one of the biggest issues besides the stupid shield spamming is that the weak point is on the back and the thing can turn 180 instantly... 
I remember when that was a problem for Grineer gun emplacements ... OH right it still is , I forgot because I could swear I heard them say in patch notes the guns would turn slower...
But seriously yes .. they are a butt to fight

On 2020-08-28 at 12:33 PM, Xirka said:

Revenant can take them out pretty easily. 

As a Revenant main, I'd like to know how. My attempts on using Reave on it don't seem to work at all and it chews through Mesmer Skin like candy. I had to stop using him for Isolation Vaults and instead play Octavia in order to deal with them. I hope it's not his 4, that's the ability I get rid of for Helminth.

I was honestly trying not to cheese the damn things, but I feel like I'm being forced to.

11 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

As a Revenant main, I'd like to know how. My attempts on using Reave on it don't seem to work at all and it chews through Mesmer Skin like candy. I had to stop using him for Isolation Vaults and instead play Octavia in order to deal with them. I hope it's not his 4, that's the ability I get rid of for Helminth.

I was honestly trying not to cheese the damn things, but I feel like I'm being forced to.

I just pop mesmer skin, then his 4, keep moving and recast mesmwr as needed. Takes them down pretty quickly. I'm built for as many hits on Mesmer skin as I can get to do this. 

28 minutes ago, Xirka said:

I just pop mesmer skin, then his 4, keep moving and recast mesmwr as needed. Takes them down pretty quickly. I'm built for as many hits on Mesmer skin as I can get to do this. 

Of all the times Danse isn't worthless, its during this fight and the Granum Void. XD

Guess I'll keep using Octavia. And barring that, Stropha.

On 2020-08-27 at 8:55 AM, Smilomaniac said:

You've successfully managed to combine every worst aspect of Warframe into one enemy: The Necramech.

It has invulnerability phases, it ignores AoE damage, it's a bullet sponge, it has ridiculous amounts of armor, you need to kill one limb at a time, the weakpoints are not only not obvious but hidden (on its back? Really?), it has diminishing returns on abilities, it nullifies not only some of your warframe abilities but also your operator void jumps (EXTREMELY frustrating!) and it apparently reflects damage causing repeated one-shots.

It doesn't even make sense lore-wise. If they're supposed to defeat sentients, then why are they negating void abilities?

I am sick of you circumventing abilities and equipment that we spend days farming and upgrading, because you can't balance this game. People don't WANT a balanced fight no matter what, they want to be able to overcome everything you throw at them, if not with aim skill, then by building something for the purposes of beating that content sometimes even if it means beating it easily. None of your content is so precious that people want to experience it hundreds of times, so the more expediently we can deal with your grinds, the more tolerable it is.

Additionally it seems like their drops are personal or host specific, so people are indirectly encouraged to try and solo the vault bounty, compounding the issues.

I've been hearing around that Necramechs aren't the only enemies with insane resistances. HoD is currently making people go back to crit-meta so they dont have to deal with so manny status imune enemies.

The way the enemy Necramechs activates their shields every 2 seconds after it goes down makes it an awful experience and just as you mentioned it does reflects the shots. It's important to take into account that they are immune to status effect, but you're NOT, so using status weapons will just make your apply status to yourself and not them. So if you're going against Necramechs you're going to be punished if you use Status Weapons. Don't use status weapons against them.

Also lets not forget every single time they activate the shields they also release a crap ton of bombs doing around 30k~10k damage (Tested with iron skin). So not only you have to deal with a invulnerability phase that reflects shots back to you but also survive the entire room getting filled with bombs. In the biggest rooms this is kinda survivable but in narrow corridors wipes are very frequent.

Not to mention this filters both a lot of weapons and Warframes. I really need a dedicated crit-weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that the only warframes that can consistently beat the mechs in my experience are Wukong and Ocatavia, this is a garbage fight.  Just spent 20 minutes with a squad of 4 trying to fight 2 mechs, and we eventually gave up because no one had a meta frame that could do any damage.  If I'm forced to use just these 2 frames for this fight, it shows you just how broken the fight is.  And can we seriously do something about the sniper enemies that have millions of HP?  Like the Jugulus or whatever?  2 hits and your frame is down, but fighting them takes at least 2-3 minutes before they drop.

There is no balance, there is no fun.  

• 4 weeks later...

Shoot I've only be able to create one build to defeat them (note I am not the best at it). Had to use Umbra, ability number 4 and spam away hoping for success (problem is this build sucks at the survival bit with the toxic gasses (I also just got the rude awakening with Loki, but what I found interesting is at first it didn't nullify my invisibility)

On 2020-09-02 at 12:31 PM, TheDrunkenKanaima said:

I'd be curious to find out how many people that are frustrated with the mech fights also bring animal companions or summoning frames.

Imagine my shock reading this thread when finding that my full operator build was ruining my iso vaults. What's a  full operator build? Umbra + Beast/MOA companion or any frame /nekros in my case) with beast/MOA. Those invulnerable phases were so often that I thought until now it was a buged cooldown. My last ISO vault was so frustrating that I decided just to wait until they ironed down the game breaking bugs, now I'm tempted to run them again. 

P.S: They cannot reflect void dmg so if you had a void amp you can break it down safely, maybe is widely known but probably this proximity thing was widely kown too...

Archived