Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Planet: Enceladus, the Frozen Sea

Flamealisk

Description: A Frozen Moon of Saturn, the Orokin marked it for terraforming and potential habitation, but never succeed before the Old War. Now, though, as the Grineer begin to search the area for Orokin relics, a new signal has emerged, calling out to the Tenno...

How to access: Junction from Saturn, will leave it to DE to figure out the exact requirements, though I would prefer it happens after Uranus.

New Tileset: Grinner Frozen Seaway.

A Hybrid of the Europa and Uranus Tilesets, the Frozen Seaway is the site of many Grineer Excavations. Most are centered around the thermal vents of the moon, where it is habitable, if only barely. Tileset would require Archwing to navigate the frozen waterways (the planet will give a really easily acquired piece of equipment ot eliminate the archwing speed debuff underwater because holy hell that sucks). Hazards range from bursts of heat to gigantic organisms living under the ice, waiting to attack. The Grineer Occupying the tileset are known as the 'Tundra' corps, and have variations on the Arid Grineer's armor style.

New Quest: Echoes of Enceladus

Description: "Beneath the frozen seas of Enceladus, an new signal has arisen. Seek out its source."

New Faction: The Enceladeans

"An enigma to much of the origin system, the Enceladeans are rarely seen outside of Enceladus, except in specialized, all encompassing suits. Though isolationist by nature, Grineer Incursions have forced them to seek assistance from outsiders."

What are they?

In truth, the Enceladeans are actually an alien race (or rather, collection of alien races) native to Enceladus. They achieved sentience some time during the era of the Orokin, but apparently escaped notice by the Golden Lords. Exposure to Orokin Terraforming Technology altered their physiology, however, making them able to survive in both earth-like environments and the frozen seas that make up their home moon. Visually, they resemble ocean creatures, primarily arthropods like crabs and mantis shrimps.

New Landscape: the Ixiron Archipelago.

One of the few places where Enceladus's frozen sea has thawed, the Archipelago contains forgotten Orokin Terraforming technology, which the Grineer seek to pillage for themselves. Deploying their new Aurora Corps to scour the area, the Grineer are only just starting to realize that the Enceladeans call this region their home.

The primary dangers of the area are not the Grineer, however, but the bizarre creatures that call the region home. Monsters dwelling above and below the ice hunger for food, and the Tenno, Grineer, and Enceladeans all look appetizing. Creatures reminiscent of prehistoric sea beasts from Earth prowl the waves, looking for food.

Lore Fragments/Enceladean Backstory: The fragments of Enceladus would reveal that the Orokin did eventually notice that Enceladus was inhabited. All attempts to conquer it, however, failed, as the region was defended by the Warframe Centurion (this is the one you would get bounty parts from). Supposedly, Centurion created an army of copies of itself in order to repel the Orokin, but the fighting was at a stalemate until something known as the great shadow appeared. The shadow watched as the two sides fought, in particular how the Enceladeans and Centurion worked together to keep the moon free from the Golden Lords. The observation ended when the Shadow sided with the Warframe and repulsed the Orokin for good.

Back to the Quest: The focus of the quest would be on stopping the Grineer from gaining access to the remains of the Orokin Terraforming projects, which would not destroy the Enceladeans, but would reveal them to the rest of the system, and they are nowhere near capable of opposing the Grineer or Corpus. Things would get more complicated when it is revealed that the machines have the apparently fossilized remains of sentients stored within, and some of them seem to be still active. Note: Lotus is unable to scan the surroundings due to interference from the old Orokin tech and other stuff, so she never finds out about the sentient corpses here.

After the quest is completed, exploring the Ixiron Archipelago would revealed that sentient drones are occasionally observing the player, but are impossible to harm.

'Quills' Syndicate: The Kupua

Spoiler

After the Player has completed the War Within and met the Quills, they would receive an message telling them to go toward a sealed off part of the Enceladean Settlement, supposedly where the great shadow rests. As soon as they enter the area in operator mode, a cinematic would play:

The Tenno walks into the room, searching for whoever summoned them. They would soon freeze up as a series of doors open up around them, revealing several sentient drones, similar to the ones that had been observing them in the Archipelago. Before the Operator can attack, though, a new voice speaks.

Unknown Voice: Relax. They have no interest in harming you.

As the drones become more passive, a wall in the background fades away, revealing an enormous sentient.

Great Sentient: I have...things I want to discuss with you.

Gameplay resumes at this point, allowing you to walk up to the Sentient and talk to her.

Sentient: Greetings. I am Pele, Matriarch of my kin. I have watched you assist these people...and I am impressed.

Player: (choosing a text option) "...Are you the Great Shadow?"

Pele: That I am. 

Player: "How did you get here?"

Pele: "My kind were made to shape worlds, with our first generation sent to Tau to make it a paradise. I, however, was bred later, and tasked with assisting in bringing this world to heel. In the process, I came upon these creatures, and found only innocence in them. Oh yes, they fought amongst themselves, just as the Orokin did. But the corruption that characterized the golden lords had not taken root in these creatures. There was still a chance to spare them from evil."

Player: "You don't want to kill me?"

Pele: "No, I do not. I thought your kind, at first, to be only servants of the Orokin, determined to exact their judgement upon others. But the one called Centurion proved me wrong - they defied the Golden Lords to protect these people from Empire, dedicating their life to defending those who they had never known. I....didn't understand this, at first, nor did my mate, but further observation ultimately proved the words of my kin from Tau wrong - you are not complicit in the Orokin's crimes. You, and the majority of the inhabitants of this system, should be spared our wrath."

Player: "So why did you call me here?"

Pele: "Ah, yes, that question. My answer: The Grineer's meddling has awakened some of my maddened kin, who's entrapment within the terraformers has driven them mad. However, their developing progeny still dream, and so long as I have a chance to rear them, they could move past the hatred their ancestors wallow in. Thus, I propose a bargain: if you bring me the developing seeds of my kin, hidden away in this frozen wasteland, I will offer you aid in....removing my more deranged kinfolk."

XXXXXXXX

The Kupua are the Quills syndicate of Enceladus, and help protect the planet from intrusions by the Grineer. Pele is their leader. Their overall theme is Polynesian Mythology, but with Hawaiian Mythology as the primary focus. They sell amp parts, as well as designs for a new type of vehicle - the Aumakua. Think of it as a sentient derived necramech, but modified for flying. Amakua have unique idle animations and are unique among the sentients in that they flat out resist void energy - they are essentially controlled through them. 

Enemy forces: Tundra and Arctica Grineer.

Tundra Grineer are the primary enemy on Enceladus. Equipped with new armor and equipment for the cold of Enceladus, their forces also include drill pod troopers, who can use a subterranean version of the Tusk Grineer's drop pods to drop into battle. 

Tundra Grineer have armor designed to keep them cool, manifesting as having a heating pack on their backs. So long as the pack is active, they are immune to cold procs and resist cold damage. Destroying the heating pack will remove these buffs.

Arctica Grineer occupy the Ixiron Archipelago and utilize more variety weapons. They also use Ghoul Augurs to assist in tunneling, and possess two unique vehicles: the Merrow and Selkie, which are icebreaker submarines used to traverse the archipelago. Merrows are analogous to Firbolgs while Selkies fulfil the role of the Bolkor. 

The Grineer Thumper equivalent on this battlefield is the Buggane. Acting as guardians for valuable research sites, the Buggane wields flamethrowers, microwave emitters, and lighting cannons, and is equipped with heavy anti-aircraft guns. However, it has exposed heating nodes that are extremely vulnerable to heat damage. Destroying them not only cuts down on its health, but can cause it to periodically freeze up, giving you free shots at the machine. Destroying more nodes does not increase the duration of the freezing, but does increase the frequency.

New Companion: Astrocarids (modular sentinnels)

"These creatures are....strange, but surprisingly adaptable - even space is of no hinderance to them. They are rather vicious, though. Perhaps they will enjoy your company."

XXXXXXXXXXX

Astrocarids are the modular equipment of Enceladus, being a type of Sentinel (hey, I'm running out of stuff to work with, unless DE starts making modular landing craft). They are creatures that fulfill a variety of roles in the Ixiron Archipelago, ranging from herbivores, to predators, scavengers, and macroparasites. The Grineer have begun to cause population collapses among their numbers, though, primarily due to negligence (the Astrocarids have plummeted around an oil-spill equivalent caused by a grineer ship damaged by a sentient drone. They're tryingto salvage the fuel before it ruins too much of the area for colonization, but the wildlife is suffering). 

Astrocarids are acquired differently from both MOAs and the Deimos companions - their eggs must be harvested from nesting sites, then given over to the Astrocarid breeder vendor to mature and get nice powers. You also need Astrocarid tags to breed them,

Astrocarids come in....four varieties:

Merostom: possessing multiple legs, the Merostom can both fly and crawl across the ground, and is a generalist, though leaning toward a scavenger. Based of of Eurypterids, in particular eurypterus itself.

Eurypterus_Paleoart.jpg

Anomalos: A ferocious predator, know to crush smaller creatures within its tendrils. Based on Anomalocaris

1200px-Gfp-anomalocaris-predator.jpg

Artio: primarily a crawling bottom feeder, Based upon Trilobites

1.jpg

Tardiga: An extremely adaptable species, this astrocarid is incredibly common. Based on tardigrades.

860759_347653525354028_477400926_o.jpg

As an additional bit of amusement, getting enough tags from wild ones will net you the option to get an Astrocarid nest as a decoration. Placing it in your orbiter will lead to some funny scenes, since it actually has astrocarids in it.

Example scenes: a domestik drone may attempt to clean the nest, only to get harassed by three astrocarids, while an inquisitive Kubrow or Kavat will get scared off by an angry sentry. Helminths, predacytes, and vulpaphyla, however, will send the sentries packing.

Other Notes: A larger astrocarid is available as a Max Rank offering from the Astrocarid breeder, and acts as a Landing Craft. Its air support ability is corroding film, which immobilizes enemies in a certain area and makes them more vulnerable to all damage types. This one resembles spriggina.

OIP.eLZIw7u9up5TLtxfy12iDQHaDu?w=326&h=1

New Sabotage Variant: Laser Drill Sabotage

The Grineer are attempting to tunnel into Enceladus's depths. Disable their drills without destroying the ice.

This sabotage variant involves disabling a laser drill by rerouting its coolant supply to the drill's main portion much earlier than expected, freezing it over. Afterwards, start the drill to cause it to shatter.

New Tokens: Enceladean Pearls

Occasionally found in missions in the Frozen Seaway, the tokens Pearls are another way to rank up with the Enceladeans. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the next portion I want to include for Enceladus: Astrocarids/Astrochinoderms (name WIP)

"These creatures are....strange, but surprisingly adaptable - even space is of no hinderance to them. They are rather vicious, though. Perhaps they will enjoy your company."

XXXXXXXXXXX

Astrocarids are the modular equipment of Enceladus, being a type of Sentinel (hey, I'm running out of stuff to work with, unless DE starts making modular landing craft). They are creatures that fulfill a variety of roles in the Ixiron Archipelago, ranging from herbivores, to predators, scavengers, and macroparasites. The Grineer have begun to cause population collapses among their numbers, though, primarily due to negligence (the Astrocarids have plummeted around an oil-spill equivalent caused by a grineer ship damaged by a sentient drone. They're tryingto salvage the fuel before it ruins too much of the area for colonization, but the wildlife is suffering). 

Astrocarids are acquired differently from both MOAs and the Deimos companions - their eggs must be harvested from nesting sites, then given over to the Astrocarid breeder vendor to mature and get nice powers. You also need Astrocarids tags to breed them,

Merostom: possessing multiple legs, the Merostom can both fly and crawl across the ground, and is a generalist, though leaning toward a scavenger. Based of of Eurypterids, in particular eurypterus itself.

Eurypterus_Paleoart.jpg

Anomalos: A ferocious predator, know to crush smaller creatures within its tendrils. Based on Anomalocaris

1.jpg

Tardiga: An extremely adaptable species, this astrocarid is incredibly common. Based on tardigrades.

As an additional bit of amusement, getting enough tags from wild ones will net you the option to get an Astrocarid nest as a decoration. Placing it in your orbiter will lead to some funny scenes, since it actually has astrocarids in it.

Example scenes: a domestik drone may attempt to clean the nest, only to get harassed by three astrocarids, while an inquisitive Kubrow or Kavat will get scared off by an angry sentry. Helminths, predacytes, and vulpaphyla, however, will send the sentries packing.

More stuff on astrocarids:

Astrocarids are encountered all over Enceladus - they make up the wild faction on the planet. Kubrow and Kavat-sized Astrocarids are the wild enemies of the planet, while the corpses of larger ones can be found at certain points on 'normal' maps. A particularly massive one would act as a hijack target for Enceladus.

As much as I don't want to distract DE, Enceladus is practically my favourite moon and I would LOVE to see those ice geysers feeding Saturn's rings in person.

To say nothing of the fun you could have with an icy landscape that shifts like the desert, and all the gravitational tidal forces from Saturn, and that dual nature of an open world that has a vivid underwater ecosphere.

??? on moons there is no water, a moon cannot be frozen. It can be cold but not frozen, if there would be liquid, there would be particles, if there would be particles, organisms, if there would be organisms, life but there is not because, unlike planets, moons do not have an atmosphere, as there are in planets, on Mars for example, although it is an existing thin atmosphere the possibility that there is life as well as there is liquid in its caves which are like huge seas. and sandstorms on the outside because hurricane-force winds form. Because there is an atmosphere that allows oxygen.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

??? on moons there is no water, a moon cannot be frozen. It can be cold but not frozen, if there would be liquid, there would be particles, if there would be particles, organisms, if there would be organisms, life but there is not because, unlike planets, moons do not have an atmosphere, as there are in planets, on Mars for example, although it is an existing thin atmosphere the possibility that there is life as well as there is liquid in its caves which are like huge seas. and sandstorms on the outside because hurricane-force winds form. Because there is an atmosphere that allows oxygen.

Enceladus is completely covered in ice, with a planet spanning ocean beneath said ice. The Ixiron Archipelago is located in one spot within Enceladus where there is access to this ocean while still having some kind of surface to traverse.

On 2020-08-27 at 12:21 PM, Flamealisk said:

In truth, the Enceladeans are actually an alien race (or rather, collection of alien races) native to Enceladus.

Hm. It is my personal preference that Warframe not incorporate any truly alien races into the game. That being said, it's just a personal preference, and the world of Enceladus described here is pretty engrossing.

On 2020-08-27 at 12:21 PM, Flamealisk said:

A Hybrid of the Europa and Uranus Tilesets, the Frozen Seaway is the site of many Grineer Excavations. Most are centered around the thermal vents of the moon, where it is habitable, if only barely. Tileset would require Archwing to navigate the frozen waterways (the planet will give a really easily acquired piece of equipment ot eliminate the archwing speed debuff underwater because holy hell that sucks).

Interesting. Two of the most frustrating, yet (to me) interesting tilesets. I'm glad thought is being put in to resolve the issues players have with these areas.

18 hours ago, blazinvire said:

I would LOVE to see those ice geysers feeding Saturn's rings in person.

That's such a cool concept. I'd love to see that in game. There are some truly wacky things going on in our solar system.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

What… is this nonsense? "A moon cannot be frozen"? Says who? A moon is a celestial object that orbits a planet. There's no other requirement. Anything can happen on a planet can happen on a moon of sufficient size and proper circumstance. There are plenty of "cold" moons. There are plenty of moons with "liquid", whether you mean water (currently thought to be present on Titan, Europa, and Enceladus), or just any liquid at all (hydrocarbon lakes on Titan, lava lakes on Io). There are planets with atmospheres – Titan has a thicker and larger atmosphere than Earth does! Europa and Ganymede both have atmospheres that contain molecular oxygen – the same kind of oxygen we breathe here on Earth.

There is nothing about being a moon that precludes any of this.

hace 32 minutos, GrayArchon dijo:

Hm. It is my personal preference that Warframe not incorporate any truly alien races into the game. That being said, it's just a personal preference, and the world of Enceladus described here is pretty engrossing.

Interesting. Two of the most frustrating, yet (to me) interesting tilesets. I'm glad thought is being put in to resolve the issues players have with these areas.

That's such a cool concept. I'd love to see that in game. There are some truly wacky things going on in our solar system.

What… is this nonsense? "A moon cannot be frozen"? Says who? A moon is a celestial object that orbits a planet. There's no other requirement. Anything can happen on a planet can happen on a moon of sufficient size and proper circumstance. There are plenty of "cold" moons. There are plenty of moons with "liquid", whether you mean water (currently thought to be present on Titan, Europa, and Enceladus), or just any liquid at all (hydrocarbon lakes on Titan, lava lakes on Io). There are planets with atmospheres – Titan has a thicker and larger atmosphere than Earth does! Europa and Ganymede both have atmospheres that contain molecular oxygen – the same kind of oxygen we breathe here on Earth.

There is nothing about being a moon that precludes any of this.

well, let's say yes, but this type of moon is very rare since they are considered planetoids, also why a moon and not a planet? look at the earth's moon it is almost 1/4 the size of planet earth and has no such qualities. do you believe in speculations

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

well, let's say yes, but this type of moon is very rare since they are considered planetoids

This sentence doesn't make sense. "Planetoid" doesn't appear to have a formal definition under the IAU, but commonly refers to dwarf planets and minor planets. Any natural satellite (moon) would never be considered a dwarf planet, minor planet, or planetoid, because they orbit a body other than the Sun. No matter how big they are, they don't fall into those categorisations. Size does not factor into these definitions (in the contexts we are describing); thus, even the largest moons are not "planetoids". Titan and Ganymede are, in fact, larger than the planet Mercury in diameter (though not in mass), but since they orbit Saturn and Jupiter respectively, they are in no way planets themselves. Regardless of all that, I don't know what effect a categorical definition would have upon the distribution of moons in the solar system and their characteristics.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

also why a moon and not a planet?

Also unclear what you're trying to say here. Are you saying why should this new zone be on a moon and not a planet? Because all the planets already exist in Warframe. Are you saying why are the bodies I mentioned (Titan, Europa, Ganymede, Io, Enceladus) moons and not planets? Because they orbit other bodies, such as the planets Jupiter and Saturn. This simple fact means that they cannot be dwarf planets, minor planets, or planetoids.

look at the earth's moon it is almost 1/4 the size of planet earth and has no such qualities.

That's one data point. Just because the Moon doesn't have a lot going on (compared to the other moons we've been discussing) doesn't mean it's not possible. There are four other moons that are larger than Earth's moon (including Titan and Io), and they predictably have more complex geology and atmospheres. These planets are also located past the Sun's frost line, which means their compositions are going to be much different. Their distance from the Sun also means that the solar wind is less able to strip their atmospheres, compared to Earth's moon's. Lastly, I will point out that Earth's moon does in fact have a very tenuous atmosphere.

do you believe in speculations

Nothing that I said is speculation. It is current scientific theory.

On 2020-08-27 at 2:21 PM, Flamealisk said:

Description: A Frozen Moon of Saturn, the Orokin marked it for terraforming and potential habitation, but never succeed before the Old War. Now, though, as the Grineer begin to search the area for Orokin relics, a new signal has emerged, calling out to the Tenno...

How to access: Junction from Saturn, will leave it to DE to figure out the exact requirements, though I would prefer it happens after Uranus.

A Hybrid of the Europa and Uranus Tilesets, the Frozen Seaway is the site of many Grineer Excavations. Most are centered around the thermal vents of the moon, where it is habitable, if only barely. Tileset would require Archwing to navigate the frozen waterways (the planet will give a really easily acquired piece of equipment ot eliminate the archwing speed debuff underwater because holy hell that sucks). Hazards range from bursts of heat to gigantic organisms living under the ice, waiting to attack. The Grineer Occupying the tileset are known as the 'Tundra' corps, and have variations on the Arid Grineer's armor style.

Description: "Beneath the frozen seas of Enceladus, an new signal has arisen. Seek out its source."

"An enigma to much of the origin system, the Enceladeans are rarely seen outside of Enceladus, except in specialized, all encompassing suits. Though isolationist by nature, Grineer Incursions have forced them to seek assistance from outsiders."

What are they?

In truth, the Enceladeans are actually an alien race (or rather, collection of alien races) native to Enceladus. They achieved sentience some time during the era of the Orokin, but apparently escaped notice by the Golden Lords. Exposure to Orokin Terraforming Technology altered their physiology, however, making them able to survive in both earth-like environments and the frozen seas that make up their home moon. Visually, they resemble ocean creatures, primarily arthropods like crabs and mantis shrimps.

One of the few places where Enceladus's frozen sea has thawed, the Archipelago contains forgotten Orokin Terraforming technology, which the Grineer seek to pillage for themselves. Deploying their new Aurora Corps to scour the area, the Grineer are only just starting to realize that the Enceladeans call this region their home.

The primary dangers of the area are not the Grineer, however, but the bizarre creatures that call the region home. Monsters dwelling above and below the ice hunger for food, and the Tenno, Grineer, and Enceladeans all look appetizing. Creatures reminiscent of prehistoric sea beasts from Earth prowl the waves, looking for food.

Lore Fragments/Enceladean Backstory: The fragments of Enceladus would reveal that the Orokin did eventually notice that Enceladus was inhabited. All attempts to conquer it, however, failed, as the region was defended by the Warframe Centurion (this is the one you would get bounty parts from). Supposedly, Centurion created an army of copies of itself in order to repel the Orokin, but the fighting was at a stalemate until something known as the great shadow appeared. The shadow watched as the two sides fought, in particular how the Enceladeans and Centurion worked together to keep the moon free from the Golden Lords. The observation ended when the Shadow sided with the Warframe and repulsed the Orokin for good.

Back to the Quest: The focus of the quest would be on stopping the Grineer from gaining access to the remains of the Orokin Terraforming projects, which would not destroy the Enceladeans, but would reveal them to the rest of the system, and they are nowhere near capable of opposing the Grineer or Corpus. Things would get more complicated when it is revealed that the machines have the apparently fossilized remains of sentients stored within, and some of them seem to be still active. Note: Lotus is unable to scan the surroundings due to interference from the old Orokin tech and other stuff, so she never finds out about the sentient corpses here.

After the quest is completed, exploring the Ixiron Archipelago would revealed that sentient drones are occasionally observing the player, but are impossible to harm.

'Quills' Syndicate: The Thalassans

Reveal hidden contents

After the Player has completed the War Within and met the Quills, they would receive an message telling them to go toward a sealed off part of the Enceladean Settlement, supposedly where the great shadow rests. As soon as they enter the area in operator mode, a cinematic would play:

The Tenno walks into the room, searching for whoever summoned them. They would soon freeze up as a series of doors open up around them, revealing several sentient drones, similar to the ones that had been observing them in the Archipelago. Before the Operator can attack, though, a new voice speaks.

As the drones become more passive, a wall in the background fades away, revealing an enormous sentient.

Gameplay resumes at this point, allowing you to walk up to the Sentient and talk to her.

Sentient: Greetings. I am Thalassa, Matriarch of my kin. I have watched you assist these people...and I am impressed.

Thalassa: That I am. 

Thalassa: "My kind were made to shape worlds, with our first generation sent to Tau to make it a paradise. I, however, was bred later, and tasked with assisting in bringing this world to heel. In the process, I came upon these creatures, and found only innocence in them. Oh yes, they fought amongst themselves, just as the Orokin did. But the corruption that characterized the golden lords had not taken root in these creatures. There was still a chance to spare them from evil."

Thalassa: "No, I do not. I thought your kind, at first, to be only servants of the Orokin, determined to exact their judgement upon others. But the one called Centurion proved me wrong - they defied the Golden Lords to protect these people from Empire, dedicating their life to defending those who they had never known. I....didn't understand this, at first, nor did my mate, but further observation ultimately proved the words of my kin from Tau wrong - you are not complicit in the Orokin's crimes. You, and the majority of the inhabitants of this system, should be spared our wrath."

Thalassa: "Ah, yes, that question. My answer: The Grineer's meddling has awakend some of my maddened kin, who's entrapment within the terraformers has driven mad. However, their developing progeny still dream, and so long as I have a chance to rear them, they could move past the hatred their ancestors wallow in. Thus, I propose a bargain: if you bring me the developing seeds of my kin, hidden away in this frozen wasteland, I will offer you aid in....removing my more deranged kinfolk."

Note: This is all barebones right now, will update it more later.

Definitely got me picturing icy lands but in the underground cave areas, there is a big body of water we must swim through. But due to how cold it is, swimming in it can be slow and difficult. But eventually we end up unlocking a sort of warframe submarine to make under water travel easier. Basically picture a very small railjack designed for under water discoveries. I’m picturing many shapes and designs but unfortunately can’t draw very well. So I can only hope your imagination is as strong as mine. Maybe could be summoned while in Archwing or On the surface. If it gets destroyed you automatically return to Archwing. 

While under the water I kind of imagine big orokin things like the worm from war within but more fish/eel type. Animals would probably be similar to platypuses and such. Capable of being on land or diving in the water. Maybe throwing out fish bait will cause certain fish to appear which would also draw in those specific animals that eat them too. Be something different from the other fishing/capturing methods. 

Enemies like the grineer would have cold resistant armor unlike most other grineer. Maybe other weaknesses or resistances that usually grineer don’t have. Along with either ice or fire type weapons as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if they had giant snow mobiles or tanks. Kind of makes me picture Tyl Regor returning as well. 

Kind of picturing a fish based frame that has the passive to swim and use abilities under water. Maybe the abilities are more advanced under the water too and you control her no differently than Titania. But the abilities are mostly about being able to trap and send deadly carnivorous fish onto the enemies. Instead of a mag bubble, she can create a water bubble around the enemies that can allow her other abilities to be more effective. Basically she can summon land carnivorous fish as well but they aren’t as fast or vicious as the ones summoned in water. Could possibly be synced with Hydroid by using abilities in his water too. So the enemies don’t just drown but they get attacked as well. 

Just throwing random stuff out there. Also if you plan to add more to the post be sure to edit the post and copy paste the extra details. And put down the reason for the editing is updating the post. It may not be exactly as you picture but DE may still use the idea of the concept. Just wish people were more supportive and contributed since DE clearly updates the game and add new things based on the players support for the same ideas. Imagine how much DE could/would do if more players banded together on a single new idea instead of trying to criticize or flat out ignore.

11 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Science is pretty dope.  The mere existence of moons like Europa and Enceladus that have liquid water, yet both moons are outside the Goldilocks Zone; ramifications are insane.

The same way that Earth's moon effects its tides, the sheer gravitational pull of Jupiter and Saturn cause the ice within their respective moons to shift, causing pressure and friction and ultimately melting the ice.
That means as long as two planets have sufficient mass and are in just the right orbit around one another, they don't need the warmth of a sun to maintain liquid water, which means there could be planets deep in deadspace that have living things on them.
Or planets orbiting blackholes.
There'd be some crazy stuff growing on those.

Don't know how much science DE uses but it'd be a pretty awesome place to draw inspiration.

For some reason I prefer normal missions, open worlds are getting a bit monotonous when it comes to missions to gain reputation. DE should set aside some time for normal missions, not just corpus ships and grineers. but also missions stepping on the ground. Saturn for example, they are only ships, surely in the future they will work more in variety, where for example we have to escort a character from one place to another a long distance, make us stop the armored truck to prevent the enemy from carrying out their plans or have us recover the lost artifact of great importance to the source system, these are just a few examples. in such a way that it is possible to avoid that the experience is not repetitive in all planets, or to implement what has been said to the open worlds, things like that would be great, I mean, if you agree too. they are just ideas and not constructive criticism.

7 hours ago, blazinvire said:

The same way that Earth's moon effects its tides, the sheer gravitational pull of Jupiter and Saturn cause the ice within their respective moons to shift, causing pressure and friction and ultimately melting the ice.
That means as long as two planets have sufficient mass and are in just the right orbit around one another, they don't need the warmth of a sun to maintain liquid water, which means there could be planets deep in deadspace that have living things on them.
Or planets orbiting blackholes.
There'd be some crazy stuff growing on those.

Rogue planets (planets that don't orbit a star) could theoretically retain heat with a thick atmosphere. If they were ejected from a star system early in their development, the solar wind wouldn't have had the opportunity to strip away gases from the atmosphere, and even an Earth-sized planet could retain significant amounts of hydrogen and helium in the atmosphere. Heat could be maintained through tidal heating and residual radioactive decay. Imagine a totally dark planet, no sun, but with the conditions necessary for life, hurtling alone through the galaxy.

On 2020-09-15 at 11:42 PM, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

I for that reason prefer normal missions, open worlds are becoming somewhat monotonous in terms of missions to get reputation.

I think that this mindset is bred from what they've done with OW rather than the idea of what an OW should be. Had farming out reputation with different factions been entirely quest based I think you'd be much more accepting of them. The grind is much more palpable planetside.

On 2020-09-16 at 9:17 AM, blazinvire said:

Don't know how much science DE uses but it'd be a pretty awesome place to draw inspiration.

They kind've play with a loose set of rules when it comes to science. They like to refer to scientific things, but a lot of rule of cool is thrown in to the mix.

On 2020-08-27 at 3:21 PM, Flamealisk said:

What are they?

'Quills' Syndicate: The Thalassans

Reveal hidden contents

Sentient: Greetings. I am Thalassa, Matriarch of my kin. I have watched you assist these people...and I am impressed.

Thalassa: That I am. 

Thalassa: "My kind were made to shape worlds, with our first generation sent to Tau to make it a paradise. I, however, was bred later, and tasked with assisting in bringing this world to heel. In the process, I came upon these creatures, and found only innocence in them. Oh yes, they fought amongst themselves, just as the Orokin did. But the corruption that characterized the golden lords had not taken root in these creatures. There was still a chance to spare them from evil."

Thalassa: "No, I do not. I thought your kind, at first, to be only servants of the Orokin, determined to exact their judgement upon others. But the one called Centurion proved me wrong - they defied the Golden Lords to protect these people from Empire, dedicating their life to defending those who they had never known. I....didn't understand this, at first, nor did my mate, but further observation ultimately proved the words of my kin from Tau wrong - you are not complicit in the Orokin's crimes. You, and the majority of the inhabitants of this system, should be spared our wrath."

Thalassa: "Ah, yes, that question. My answer: The Grineer's meddling has awakened some of my maddened kin, who's entrapment within the terraformers has driven them mad. However, their developing progeny still dream, and so long as I have a chance to rear them, they could move past the hatred their ancestors wallow in. Thus, I propose a bargain: if you bring me the developing seeds of my kin, hidden away in this frozen wasteland, I will offer you aid in....removing my more deranged kinfolk."

Enemy forces: Tundra and Arctica Grineer.

Tundra Grineer are the primary enemy on Enceladus. Equipped with new armor and equipment for the cold of Enceladus, their forces also include drill pod troopers, who can use a subterranean version of the Tusk Grineer's drop pods to drop into battle. 

Tundra Grineer have armor designed to keep them cool, manifesting as having a heating pack on their backs. So long as the pack is active, they are immune to cold procs and resist cold damage. Destroying the heating pack will remove these buffs.

Arctica Grineer occupy the Ixiron Archipelago and utilize more variety weapons. They also use Ghoul Augurs to assist in tunneling, and possess two unique vehicles: the Merrow and Selkie, which are icebreaker submarines used to traverse the archipelago. Merrows are analogous to Firbolgs while Selkies fulfil the role of the Bolkor. 

The Grineer Thumper equivalent on this battlefield is the Buggane. Acting as guardians for valuable research sites, the Buggane wields flamethrowers, microwave emitters, and lighting cannons, and is equipped with heavy anti-aircraft guns. However, it has exposed heating nodes that are extremely vulnerable to heat damage. Destroying them not only cuts down on its health, but can cause it to periodically freeze up, giving you free shots at the machine. Destroying more nodes does not increase the duration of the freezing, but does increase the frequency.

New Companion: Astrocarids (modular sentinnels)

XXXXXXXXXXX

Astrocarids are acquired differently from both MOAs and the Deimos companions - their eggs must be harvested from nesting sites, then given over to the Astrocarid breeder vendor to mature and get nice powers. You also need Astrocarid tags to breed them,

Eurypterus_Paleoart.jpg

1.jpg

Other Notes: A larger astrocarid is available as a Max Rank offering from the Astrocarid breeder, and acts as a Landing Craft. Its air support ability is corroding film, which immobilizes enemies in a certain area and makes them more vulnerable to all damage types. This one resembles spriggina.

OIP.eLZIw7u9up5TLtxfy12iDQHaDu?w=326&h=1

New Sabotage Variant: Laser Drill Sabotage

The Grineer are attempting to tunnel into Enceladus's depths. Disable their drills without destroying the ice.

This sabotage variant involves disabling a laser drill by rerouting its coolant supply to the drill's main portion much earlier than expected, freezing it over. Afterwards, start the drill to cause it to shatter.

New Tokens: Enceladean Pearls

Occasionally found in missions in the Frozen Seaway, the tokens Pearls are another way to rank up with the Enceladeans. 

Heh, reminds me of my very own Restless Depths concept, but, much more modernized and scaled down to a sleek and modern style with flavors injected in from Deimos and The Plains for good measure and a weeeeee sprinkleing of Jurassic Park sprinkled in for good measure.

Juicy. Cold and wet and Juicy sir/mam.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Heh, reminds me of my very own Restless Depths concept, but, much more modernized and scaled down to a sleek and modern style with flavors injected in from Deimos and The Plains for good measure and a weeeeee sprinkleing of Jurassic Park sprinkled in for good measure.

Juicy. Cold and wet and Juicy sir/mam.

I'm a man.

Also, just as a silly suggestion, the Enceladus update would also include a mega aquarium populated by the giant creatures you rescue from Enceladus as a Dojo Room. A zoo for the creatures you get in the other landscapes would also be nice.

On 2020-09-15 at 8:51 PM, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

well, let's say yes, but this type of moon is very rare since they are considered planetoids, also why a moon and not a planet? look at the earth's moon it is almost 1/4 the size of planet earth and has no such qualities. do you believe in speculations

Wait, who told you there can't be water, therefore there can't be ice, on a Moon? I'm interested in the source of this information?

Archived