Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Deimos Grind?

(NSW)Sim11

The economy is kind of a mess but once it gets balanced out I think the token system will be great. I can’t speak to the frame or necramech grinds because I’m waiting to dive into those.

Open world grinds seem to get smoothed out over time and since I’m still working my way through both POE and Fortuna I’m going to finish those up before I really dive into Deimos. Planning to get the Helminth and then step back while they iron this thing out.

Overall I think this has potential to be their best open world yet, the bounties I’ve done have been way more fun than previous open world bounties.

I haven't gotten too far past the completed quests, but it looks a little...off in some places.

Like they might have lowballed the token rep values or overly highballed the requirements for token exchanges by a few too many of each item.

I expect they will be ironing out some of the outliers over the next week or two, but the conservation bugs with the Birds I keep hearing about are reminding me too much of how Fortuna's birds were bugged for months.

Conservation grind is terrbile the bird spawn near Cerebrum Magna is glitched where the footprints don't show up sometimes and when you reach the call point the bird doesn't show up or isn't visible.

This "update" isn't worth getting excited about, its poorly polished with lots of grind and bugs. They should of spent another month or so on it before release.

I hear the gyromag requirement for Xaku is pissing off a lot of players. So, pretty much you need Vox Solaris from fortuna to build Xaku.

Poor quality updates like this doesn't get my excited to find bugs and grind.

Terrible.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The economy is kind of a mess but once it gets balanced out I think the token system will be great. I can’t speak to the frame or necramech grinds because I’m waiting to dive into those. Open world grinds seem to get smoothed out over time and since I’m still working my way through both POE and Fortuna I’m going to finish those up before I really dive into Deimos. Planning to get the Helminth and then step back while they iron this thing out.

I agree with this. When I first saw the token system I was like "Oh, this seems pretty cool, I can now stock up standing by doing bounties rather than wasting it". Then I saw how unbelievably grindy it was, and my opinion did a total 180. In it's current state, I absolutely despise it. The son tokens are the worst offender.

It's just annoying that you have to get resources, to trade in for tokens, to then trade in for standing or ranking up. It's an extra layer of crap that could've been cut out entirely, especially when these tokens are total RNG as to whether you get decent resource values, or god forbid Father expects 6 scintillant for 1 token...

It has the potential to be decent, but right now, the grind is too much. And that third rank level up for the entrati is just stupid. It should give you a son token and a tag everytime you capture an animal, OR, just not make it mandatory to use that system to rank up. From what I recall, neither of the other 2 open worlds required you to do conservation to level up, as they knew some people hated it. Now, you gotta do it if you want that helminth segment.

1 minute ago, Fayth2567 said:

Conservation grind is terrbile the bird spawn near Cerebrum Magna is glitched where the footprints don't show up sometimes and when you reach the call point the bird doesn't show up or isn't visible.

This "update" isn't worth getting excited about, its poorly polished with lots of grind and bugs. They should of spent another month or so on it before release.

I hear the gyromag requirement for Xaku is pissing off a lot of players. So, pretty much you need Vox Solaris from fortuna to build Xaku.

Poor quality updates like this doesn't get my excited to find bugs and grind.

Terrible.

Fortuna comes before Deimos on the star chart. God forbid you actually have to finish previous content before accessing the new stuff.

Also, bugs are frustrating no doubt, but are you new here? This is what DE does, launch it buggy and then patch it over time. I admit that it’s a sad bar to set, but with any big Warframe update like this you are better off waiting a month or two for them to iron things out.

2 minutes ago, C-Core said:

I agree with this. When I first saw the token system I was like "Oh, this seems pretty cool, I can now stock up standing by doing bounties rather than wasting it". Then I saw how unbelievably grindy it was, and my opinion did a total 180. In it's current state, I absolutely despise it. The son tokens are the worst offender.

It's just annoying that you have to get resources, to trade in for tokens, to then trade in for standing or ranking up. It's an extra layer of crap that could've been cut out entirely, especially when these tokens are total RNG as to whether you get decent resource values, or god forbid Father expects 6 scintillant for 1 token...

It has the potential to be decent, but right now, the grind is too much. And that third rank level up for the entrati is just stupid. It should give you a son token and a tag everytime you capture an animal, OR, just not make it mandatory to use that system to rank up. From what I recall, neither of the other 2 open worlds required you to do conservation to level up, as they knew some people hated it. Now, you gotta do it if you want that helminth segment.

I know they said they were re-evaluating the son tokens, don’t know if it’s been hotfixed yet but it’s coming. And I agree, I wish conservation wasn’t mandatory either.

Ultimayely it just needs to be balanced out. Right now there’s no rhyme or reason for how much of something you’ll need to exchange for tokens. Sometimes it’s literally fewer resources to get 2 tokens than it is to get 1 token, and that makes no sense at all.

Properly balanced it could be really good though, and since I still have tons of other stuff to do I don’t mind being patient for it.

8 minutes ago, Fayth2567 said:

Oh, you need gyromag for Xaku? Ugh. I have been ignoring Fortuna because of how utterly tedious it was to grind rep for Cetus just for Zaws, and now a frame in a brand new area that has nothing to do with Fortuna requires the horrific Fortuna grind... well that's another frame I'll just wait for the prime to obtain. Prime drops are easier grinds than new frames over the past few years,  and that's pathetic. New frames need to be less tedious to get. Not easier -- less tedious. I sincerely hope DE doesn't respond to this by making Primes more of a chore to farm, and instead make regular frames less of an ass to grind for.

I'd honestly rather step on a field of Legos than grind this psychological torture. The sad thing is, DE didn't even need to overhype this to still disappoint. 

Overall it seems kinda fine.

Some stuff is almost impossible to get but that gets looked at by the devs.

The conservation is alright since every animal spawns on deimos just like on cetus.

Currently it's the necramechs that seem to be very grindy for me. I got a few parts but I'm still missing a lot which is alright I guess. The update just came out after all.

I’m doing pretty fine. Got everything I needed for Helminth Segment in about 3 hours of playtime.

The birb is a chore to get outside the minigame but it’s doable. It’s NOT common as the name suggests so that must be looked at.

The tokens you just need to be lucky with the rotations, that’s all over the place. 16 tags to get 1 token, then 4 tags to get 2 it’s not okay.

Overall same as the other open worlds but this time I get to suffer the hell grind at the same time as the PC players. We usually get the nerfed version. The vaults are fun but yet again no content for veterans, the vaults could be that. Something like an elite vault would’ve been great.

Little confusing at first with the tokens but stupid easy to grasp. The only grimd sonfar that's bothersome is Scintillant. Other grinds are not as hard some entitled players are making it out to be.

Conversation is really easy the area is smol and your tranq  rifle literally beeps and highlights near by animals, a 10 min run running around gave me a stupid amount of infested kubrows and kavats so I'm swimming in son tokens. The lures are offered as free things when ranking up so getting the flyers and maggots is trivial 

Necromech grind seemed to be terrible until i found out i can do 3 vaults back to back equalling to 6 mech kills (7 if you let the secret mech die). So i have every damage mech part and just missing 2 part for the gun in the necraloid syndicate 

Just now, HelixRook said:

Sadly I’m stuck behind ranking caps right now. I won’t be able to get my helminth until Friday(tomorrow) night at the earliest, so I’m a sad panda. 

I'm hoping to get mine today, but if resources like Scintillant are required to rank up I'm likely to go shoot myself in the foot as that'd be a better use of my time.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Grimsley Clause said:

I'm hoping to get mine today, but if resources like Scintillant are required to rank up I'm likely to go shoot myself in the foot as that'd be a better use of my time.

To get to rank 3 you should be okay. I’m not sure where the Scintillant is holding people back, unless it’s an additional requirement to get the segment. Rank 3 by itself is only 5 of the bird things, 1 specific vulp I haven’t seen and 10 of each of son and father? Tokens? Don’t quote me on that last bit. I forgot the requirements for the tokens. 

Just now, HelixRook said:

To get to rank 3 you should be okay. I’m not sure where the Scintillant is holding people back, unless it’s an additional requirement to get the segment. Rank 3 by itself is only 5 of the bird things, 1 specific vulp I haven’t seen and 10 of each of son and father? Tokens? Don’t quote me on that last bit. I forgot the requirements for the tokens. 

You need 12 total, 17 if you farm Xaku out twice, for everything aside from any extras to use in father tokens.

However, considering their next to non-existent drop rates and spawn chance, it's no surprise they're infuriating people.

It's essentially the old PoE Wisps but a thousand times worse.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Grimsley Clause said:

You need 12 total, 17 if you farm Xaku out twice, for everything aside from any extras to use in father tokens.

However, considering their next to non-existent drop rates and spawn chance, it's no surprise they're infuriating people.

It's essentially the old PoE Wisps but a thousand times worse.

Ah it’s because of Xaku. I haven’t even looked at those requirements yet. I just wanted to get the the helminth first and worry about everything else after. 

Archived