Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Deimos Grind?

(NSW)Sim11

Simply, if they fix scintillant and those damned birds the economy would be better than other open worlds.

I found out that in conservation the usual approach of rushing through is counter productive. 

I believe that it conservation requirements should be reduced, removed as a mandatory barrier, spawns cranked up to 11 or made so tags drop from the vaults as well, since many don't seem to enjoy it.

Just now, Ver1dian said:

Simply, if they fix scintillant and those damned birds the economy would be better than other open worlds.

Honestly I think PoE would still beat it out, at least in reputation farming due to being able to stockpile fish for easy rep, but that's just me personally.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly I think PoE would still beat it out, at least in reputation farming due to being able to stockpile fish for easy rep, but that's just me personally.

True, but that's fishing, it's valid for deimos as well to a lesser extent.

What I like is that the bounty rep can be redeemed on demand. Can't tell how many times I've done bounties at max rep (because of nothing to get) just to have to acquire some later.

I actually like fishing and mining. And although I haven't done conservation, I'm not vehemently opposed to it like some are. 

Side games in MMOs are fun because it's a relaxing break after doing a multi-hour high level mission where you're scanning everything going on and are in a more heightened state of awareness. I can listen to music or just chill out while doing it. For disruption, as an example, you have to listen to the beeping so I kinda have to pay attention.

But it's just super obvious though that some of these people have played the game too long and need a break or to just retire. Never seen so many irrational "tear dropping young ones" lol.

Just now, Ver1dian said:

True, but that's fishing, it's valid for deimos as well.

Yeah, though the fish in PoE gave rep just for handing them over, here it has the trading for tokens which may or may not break even when you compare to the standing for large fish.

But it is comparable...assuming DE reigns in a few of the more insane trade-in costs (seriously saw 14 of one fish part for a single token once, that's a bit overkill for 100 rep).

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I actually like fishing and mining. And although I haven't done conservation, I'm not vehemently opposed to it like some are. 

Side games in MMOs are fun because it's a relaxing break after doing a multi-hour high level mission where you're scanning everything going on and are in a more heightened state of awareness. I can listen to music or just chill out while doing it. For disruption, as an example, you have to listen to the beeping so I kinda have to pay attention.

But it's just super obvious though that some of these people have played the game too long and need a break or to just retire. Never seen so many irrational "tear dropping young ones" lol.

The issue is, many of us do not see WF as an "MMO"... we see it as a looter-shooter which is more fast paced. If Destiny 2 had mandatory FISHING or CONSERVATION in order to get higher LIGHT LEVELS there would be an insane uproar... Why? Because people who like FPS don't NEED slow-paced alternative mini-games. We will just go READ A BOOK or TAKE A WALK to relax... 

Who in their right mind is going to WANT to do Deimos "fishing" and "conservation" to RELAX??? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH That'd be the day.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

On POE and OV, you can fish and mine and hunt in relative peace and it IS chill and relaxing.  On Deimos it's not peaceful at all.  Maybe it's the Ai or small map or whatever.  It's not like you can't throw on some tunes and half-pay attention and do it but, especially with conservation, it's not anything like the other world's where you feel like you are out there by yourself.  I think I've had at least a half dozen scenarios where I'm trying to capture something and a flying squid flies in and stick to my helmet or a mob attacks my target.   

Honestly don't really mind it with a few exceptions, haven't really had any issues getting standing and am enjoying the vaults and bounties.

However, there are a few things that drives me mad. One is scintillant, obviously. waaaay to rare for the ammount that's asked from father. The other is conservation. Now, I don't mind the activity itself. I find it quite relaxing just running around, tracking and tranq'ing with Ivara while listening to a podcast or something. HOWEVER, the infested are EVERYWHERE  and the have a waaaay too long aggro-range which in turn turns the area into a war zone once the animal spawns, which in turn leads to bad caps. Now world wise it makes sense. It's an infested moon and the infested are just angry / hungry meatsacks. But gameplaywise it drives me up the wall to get a bad cap just because the damn animal just had to spawn in a cluster of infested. Like the animals are partly infested too so why the beef?

9 minutes ago, dayvekeem said:

The issue is, many of us do not see WF as an "MMO"... we see it as a looter-shooter which is more fast paced. If Destiny 2 had mandatory FISHING or CONSERVATION in order to get higher LIGHT LEVELS there would be an insane uproar... Why? Because people who like FPS don't NEED slow-paced alternative mini-games. We will just go READ A BOOK or TAKE A WALK to relax... 

Who in their right mind is going to WANT to do Deimos "fishing" and "conservation" to RELAX??? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH That'd be the day.

This isn't just an FPS.....you can go play Call of Duty if you want to just shoot stuff.

Just from a quick google search, a loose definition that I think has some accuracy is: "A Looter Shooter is a genre of video games that fluidly mix RPG elements with a point-and-click style shooting game."

So you're actually not just playing Modern Warfare 2.....you're playing a game that has some old school MMO or rpg elements.....which is obvious due to the stuff that's already been in the game.

I didn't make the game, guy. Go take it up with the DE team and tell them they've been wrong about what their game is because some genius' on the forums decided for them.

zCompleted the quest and havent touched it since, the map is quite small but still feels largely empty. The things to do are re-hashes of the things we did in Orb Vallis which was itself a re-hash of the plains...

There is only so much fishing, mining, hunting to be done before its starts to get stale. Then there is the grind which appears to be worse than the plains or Orb Vallis.

Finally I have encountered at least 1 game breaking bug so far as part of the quest (which required an element of stealth) unfortunately my screen became completely blank aside from the map on the top left so I had no clue were I was going and ended up getting 1 shot each time (setting me back a few 100 meters every time). Having to quit the game and redo a large chunk of the quest helped me to confirm it was a bug as the second time I could actually see what was going on.

I think I will leave it for a while so that DE can fix the token economy and to take a break from a game im starting to get burnt out on

It has its issues. They hand you way too many materials so it relies on you waiting for things. I can cap my rep in 3 bounties with mother tokens, I never need grind for non scillicant father tokens, same with daughter/otak/granny tokens I'm 100% fine on. But because of that I'm focusing so much on "alright, when are these token going to rotate back in now?!". Especially if you don't know ahead of time you might need certain tokens like the 20 granny tokens for a *single* weapon. 200 assorted tokens (or 20k rep worth to make it consistent with son tokens only needing 2 vs 10) for a single gun where  you only get like 8-15 every few hours. I basically barely had to really *do* anything, it was just waiting and getting upset when father had a 4x token bundle that wanted 8 sillicant.

It was fine when ticker did it because they were boosts/time savers, that I think bypassed rep cap, so it was a good limiter. But when said tokens ARE the progression, I feel like waiting on the special tokens constantly sucks. It just feels like the special tokens are where 80% of my time is going instead of playing warframe. I like mining, I like fishing, I don't mind conservation. But the actual bounties, fighting, etc. all of that feels really bad. It's either buggy, there's like 0 enemy spawns, or you finish your rep farming in 3 missions that take at most 30 minutes each based on how much the spawns want to delay you.

I should note, I was fine with launch cetus and enjoyed launch orb vallis. I felt like the time i put in got me somewhere slowly instead of having all the resources from the start and just needing to wait.

3 minutes ago, HelixRook said:

Which is why we’re here, in an opinion thread for a game made by DE. Go figure. 

Newsflash: Try feedback.....and good luck telling them to delete all that work. They heard the feedback and are making changes. But you're not gonna have a hard time telling them to completely make a new game just because you decided 7 years later you dont wanna take 15min to catch an animal occasionally.

Just now, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Newsflash: Try feedback.....and good luck telling them to delete all that work. They heard the feedback and are making changes. But you're not gonna have a hard time telling them to completely make a new game just because you decided 7 years later you dont wanna take 15min to catch an animal occasionally.

A) who says I’ve been playing 7 years? It wasn’t me. B) you’re literally freaking out over a thread that literally states “Opinion” in the title. Amazing. C) never said I didn’t like to catch animals, I said I didn’t like being forced to do so D) I never stated I want them to make a whole new game. I said I don’t appreciate being forced to do a certain aspect of the game. 

I don't mind it. 

In all honesty, it's not that bad. At the end of the day, this is a perpetual experience MMO-lite kind of game we're supposed to play for ages and ages, and there's no way grind's not going to be a part of that. Going out onto the drift and just wandering about picking up fruit in a F***-you robot suit is oddly relaxing though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The economy is kind of a mess but once it gets balanced out I think the token system will be great. I can’t speak to the frame or necramech grinds because I’m waiting to dive into those.

Open world grinds seem to get smoothed out over time and since I’m still working my way through both POE and Fortuna I’m going to finish those up before I really dive into Deimos. Planning to get the Helminth and then step back while they iron this thing out.

Overall I think this has potential to be their best open world yet, the bounties I’ve done have been way more fun than previous open world bounties.

Honestly I have about 100 of each token aside from son, only about 50 of those. It's really not that bad. I've been buying up grandmother stuff too occasionally for non mother tokens. It's going to be a lot better i feel, like toroids in vallis after profit taker. I STILL have 350 azure ones after using them for months non stop, never needed to go back, and i feel this will be the same for a while. The economy for *most things* wasn't  bad besides son, and the fish thing was fixed rather quickly

Scintilant is the only resource that I think needs tweaking so far. Now that it drops from necromechs i hope its atleast a little bit more logical farming them. Personally happy with my progress and most of the resources like tokens, and captures are very much doable and reasonable imo.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

This isn't just an FPS.....you can go play Call of Duty if you want to just shoot stuff.

Just from a quick google search, a loose definition that I think has some accuracy is: "A Looter Shooter is a genre of video games that fluidly mix RPG elements with a point-and-click style shooting game."

So you're actually not just playing Modern Warfare 2.....you're playing a game that has some old school MMO or rpg elements.....which is obvious due to the stuff that's already been in the game.

I didn't make the game, guy. Go take it up with the DE team and tell them they've been wrong about what their game is because some genius' on the forums decided for them.

Name one looter shooter that has mandatory fishing/noncombat grinding to obtain power upgrades.

1 hour ago, dayvekeem said:

Name one looter shooter that has mandatory fishing/noncombat grinding to obtain power upgrades.

Name one law that says it's not allowed....

Or anything that states they're not allowed to run their own game as they see fit. Like I said....take it to feedback. I don't care about your issues with DE.

Archived