Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Question (kinda spoilers maybe?)

War.Machine.9

1 minute ago, LoopStricken said:

Because they run the technology that literally keeps the void technology in the solar system working.

But why? Why do they maintain it? I highly doubt it is because they care about the good of the system.
I also find it highly suspect that all of a sudden all void tech everywhere relies on this 'door' to the void. Cause we have lots of those. We have a whole sector of space that is void.

And maybe it fuels the solar rails, but we have railjacks and no longer depend on that.

1 минуту назад, CVRIE сказал:

But why? Why do they maintain it? I highly doubt it is because they care about the good of the system.

I think it's personal for Mother. I havent's finished the requiem wall yet, but it seems her father disappeared in the void, and pretty much entirety of her void research was an attempt to bring him back. Something she still clings to, as she STILL carries the glass shard left from her father.

2 minutes ago, CVRIE said:

They do, but also it's something of a familial obsession that you'll learn about while playing the content.

2 minutes ago, CVRIE said:

I also find it highly suspect that all of a sudden all void tech everywhere relies on this 'door' to the void. Cause we have lots of those.

Essentially it's a siphon, that sucks energy from the Void and 'beats' it across the solar system. It's only sudden in that it's the first we've heard about it.

3 minutes ago, CVRIE said:

And maybe it fuels the solar rails, but we have railjacks and no longer depend on that.

The Railjacks still suck up Void energy to function.

21 minutes ago, LoopStricken said:

Because they run the technology that literally keeps the void technology in the solar system working.

Again why are we helping them? 

Without the Heart there is no threat from the Tenno, without the Tenno there are no Warframes. Without the Warframes the Sentients have no reason to purge the Sol system. Hell they'd probably do a better job running it than the Orokin/Grineer or Corpus. The only real threat left to them would be the Infestation which as a weapon designed to counter them... might just give us a mutual enemy sufficient to build an understanding.

And why didn't the Orokin have the foresight to shut the Tenno/Warframes off when they first rebelled? 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Without the Heart there is no threat from the Tenno, without the Tenno there are no Warframes

Seems obvious to me.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

And why didn't the Orokin have the foresight to shut the Tenno/Warframes off when they first rebelled? 

Because it was a massive co-ordinated strike where the Tenno murdered a lot of Orokin at the same time. Maybe they couldn't get word out, maybe Deimos was already in its weird phase-shift, maybe the Entrati didn't pick up the phone. Don't know.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Without the Heart there is no threat from the Tenno, without the Tenno there are no Warframes. Without the Warframes the Sentients have no reason to purge the Sol system. Hell they'd probably do a better job running it than the Orokin/Grineer or Corpus. The only real threat left to them would be the Infestation which as a weapon designed to counter them... might just give us a mutual enemy sufficient to build an understanding.

Because the rest of their technology relied on it. Also sentients aren't just fighting the tenno, they are fighting all that exist in the origin system. For them it isn't conquest it is genocide and revenge.

1 minute ago, Deadoon said:

Because the rest of their technology relied on it. Also sentients aren't just fighting the tenno, they are fighting all that exist in the origin system. For them it isn't conquest it is genocide and revenge.

IIRC: At least one Sentient (I thin Hunhow, could be wrong) called Alad V "Orokin"...

sooooooo... Somehow I'm doubting that the Sentient would just go away if the Tenno suddenly dropped dead... For that matter, I'm unconvinced the Corpus and Grineer would be the only ones killed.

1 minute ago, Deadoon said:

On no they would have had to go without it long enough to round up the Warframes and hurl them into the sun then just turn it back on~ 

AS for genocidal sentients, they have more than the capacity in the Sol system to give most Warframes a run for their money and most warframes defecate on the grineer and corpus. Therefor the Sentients have more than the capacity to end both of those factions, yet they allied with the corpus, not really that great at genocide if you ask me.

More than enough wiggle room for an understanding. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

yet they allied with the corpus, not really that great at genocide if you ask me.

Spacemom disguissed herself to give corpus some tech. But that doesn't mean the amalgoms are loyal to the corpus.  I get skynet vibes.

What better way to butcher the corpus then infiltrate them and at a opportune moment turn their own troops on them.

Sentients intend to destroy anything that isn't themselves.

I just find it difficult to believe that all access to the void is granted through this one door.

There are giant rips in the solar system. Left hand side of the map. Maybe some of you have seen it.

When the door closed for that brief time did those go away?

And the tenno came back from the void with a natural link. It was not dependent on this door. They could use it (with very little control initially) because of the time spent there. Not because this door was pumping energy into them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Spacemom disguissed herself to give corpus some tech. But that doesn't mean the amalgoms are loyal to the corpus.  I get skynet vibes.

What better way to butcher the corpus then infiltrate them and st a opportune moment turn their own troops on them.

Sentients intend to destroy anything that isn't themselves.

Yeah.... "infiltrate"secretly from the inside by strait up telling them you want to make a composite species. You know what's a whole hecc of a lot easier? wiping them out. 

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Yeah.... "infiltrate"secretly from the inside by strait up telling them you want to make a composite species. You know what's a whole hecc of a lot easier? wiping them out. 

Why even bother killing them if you can use them, it's not like corpus are a threat even if they wiped them out the Tenno are still there to wipe the sentients out. 

Sentients tried making some strong stuff with Corpus but it was a failure cause Tenno are really strong

27 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The tenno is in the way. To do that. So infiltrate the corpus then turn their amalgoms on them.  The corpus have been nurtured.

2 hours ago, CVRIE said:

Why are we helping the Orokin Infested people?

They are Orokin.

They're no more Orokin than we are. They're not Ballas, they're more like Sylvania

2 hours ago, CVRIE said:

They are infested.

No they aren't, not in the way that matters:

2 hours ago, CVRIE said:

I would prefer to remove the cancer cells instead of making friends with them.

By that logic you would blow up your own Orbiter just to kill Helminth. The end result would be all your Warframes breaking down

The Infestation has multiple strains: Helminth, Technocyte, Grey, and Entrati. Only Technocyte and Grey are evil. Helminth and Entrati are harmless

1 hour ago, CVRIE said:

I just find it difficult to believe that all access to the void is granted through this one door.

There are giant rips in the solar system. Left hand side of the map. Maybe some of you have seen it.

When the door closed for that brief time did those go away?

And the tenno came back from the void with a natural link. It was not dependent on this door. They could use it (with very little control initially) because of the time spent there. Not because this door was pumping energy into them.

Consider it this way - say you're on a small-ish island, well built-up for its size. It has no natural freshwater, and the only source of water is the sea. There's this vast amount of water all around you, and a lot of will even come inland in the form of oversized waves or small caves systems, but you can't drink it or use it for anything useful, because saltwater will kill you sooner or later, and it's going to corrode all your stuff sooner or later. Your island, therefore, will need a pump and purifying station, and that will be the only actual source of water on that island.

So, even if as a direct result of all the people using the void there are gaping holes, and the Tenno are natural wellsprings of void juice, the heart is necessary because it's the pump - it's the only means by which any of that can actually be used

Archived