Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.4

[DE]Megan

10 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards. 

• Transferring into a Necramech and then standing around waiting for it to die to drop rewards is far from the intentions of the Necramech system. We understand this is a frustrating oversight. Additionally, this was often bugged that only 1 person got the drop at all. Enemy Necramechs in the Isolation Vaults will still drop rewards, and now they’ll drop more of them (Scintillant). 

Oof

Most of this is great. but this:

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Isolation Vault Bounty Changes & Fixes:

• Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

the community has HATED these timers for bounty missions since the release of the plains. Particularly with this bounty that requires repeating moreso than any of the other ones, this is a painfull change.

You made the vaults even slower? They're already so insanely tedious. Granted bait wasn't the worst step, waiting in the cave is an EXTREME snore. Making it slightly less passive doesn't make it more fun. Please cut the time you have to sit around in that boring room. 

I don't mind something taking a while, but WAITING on timers repeatedly with no way to speed it up is not fun at all, and that's what 90% of the vault process is.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

You extended one of the vault run's timers?  I was really hoping that you would actually reduce the toxin tunnel timer - ideally along with a buff to its difficulty.  Instead, you did buff its difficulty but you've left the ridiculous timer intact.  It's the same thing every vault run.  Every rank 1, 2, or 3 vault.  Every. Single. Time.  It's the same.  And it's way too long.  You've taken the one timer that wasn't annoyingly long and lengthened it.  Increasing the spawns for it is great, extending the timer while leaving Otak and Loid slow and the tunnel timer long less so.

Fixes and economy adjustments are well appreciated.  But you've actually just exacerbated one of the problems with the vaults, which is the utter saminess of each and every run no matter the difficulty level, and the way that the most boring phases last entirely too long

STILL need 5 Avichaea Tags to get Rank 3. This fixes NOTHING. Avichaea is THE reason why Rank 3 is nigh impossible because those awful things are tiny, fly 100 meters in the air, and die easily... IF they or their tracks spawn at all. I can get Son Tokens just by selling him pets, but Avichaea Tags? They're what breaks this update for a lot of people, myself included. And this is coming from someone who LIKES conservation. Well, "liked" now

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Ashen Mod sets

Excuse me, what?

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

I was really hoping the next line would be:
* reduced Toxin stage timer by 1m.

It wasn't. I had a sad. :S

pls fix hunting animals often you can hear a sound of an animal nearby from the trank rifle, but its almost impossible to see it then (the birds are the most broken) A indicator wich direction the animal is or a sound that gets lounder, like the miner has would probably stop me from wanting to hurt myself after 1h of hunting and not getting a single bird

6 minutes ago, -S-O-Vetula_Mortem said:

Are you kidding me, with this you basicly just ruined my Day/Night since i was about to start farming those mechs... you could at least increased the drop reate of damaged parts

They'll have too when literally no New Players have any Necramechs, and having one becomes literally an "Elite Status".

"This was not our intent, so instead of just buffing the drop rates for parts as a Guarantee for defeating a Necramech, similar to Wisp's parts from the Ropalolyst, we're instead......just giving you them. When ever you want. Just ask Momma, an she'll toss you a free one. Fully built too. Gotta make it easy for those Newbies."

Thanks for the fix!

Me and other Nvidia users suffer from constant micro stuttering in open worlds, I've been going through forums ever since last summer, and I kept on thinking you'll do some sort of optimization. I used to go above 120FPS in both orbiter and in game, now I'm down to 60 in orbiter, 45 in game. (I capped it at 60 to prevent overheating as a potential prob

My specs are as follows:

i7-5500U - 2.4 GHz

Nvidia 940M - 2GB VRAM

12 GB RAM - Hyperx

Windows 10 - Fullscreen with Optimized Flip enabled

Warframe is installed on my secondary HDD - 1TB 5400RPM (had it on SSD as well, didn't see a change)

P.S. as I did my own investigation, the only thing that helped was turning off Shader Cache, but it caused slight screen freezes when certain map parts load.

Thanks for looking into it in advance!

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scintillant Changes:

• Added a slight glow effect to the Scintillant to increase visibility.
  • Increased the audio loop sound effect when a Scintillant is nearby. 

As someone who plays with a hearing impaired child, I thank you for the first.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Isolation Vault Bounty Changes & Fixes:

• Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!

Oh great, more time wasting and having to pay more attention to the 2nd stage of time wasting. Just decrease both to a minute please, make the enemies as high level as you want but don't stall time for the sake of stalling time.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Isolation Bounty Necramech’s now have a chance to drop Scintillant.

Scintillant changes are good.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards. 

Understandable oversight from your part and it was expected to be patched.
However, the only way to earn parts now is the vaults which you just increased the timer to and made it harder on phase 2. I suggest significantly increasing the mech drops as players will waste a lot of time just grinding the broken mech parts. Getting mechs will probably take more time than farming some frames which is absurd.

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

But why? Why are you making it even slower for players to get to the fun stuff - fighting the mechs?

I don't get why either, especially when the low difficulty of the defense isn't even related to time, but the fact 90% of the time there's 0 enemies to defend from... So now, instead of 60 x 3 seconds of waiting around, it's 90 x 3... They also made doing 3x vaults take longer yesterday, before the getting bait only applied to the first one, but the hotfix yesterday made it a requirement for all 3.

Archived