Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.4

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Tekrux said:

Great update, but sometimes it is really difficult to find the conservation targets with the tranq gun. Might be better if there would be a target indicator just like the recent hotfix for mining.

Interesting idea. But will the indicator always be there as long as you hold the tranq gun, or only while aiming with the tranq gun?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scintillant Changes:

General note re: Scintillant! We discussed it yesterday, and realized the Scintillant description was too vague in terms of other methods to acquire it and updated its description in the last Hotfix. Overnight, we ran stats and the amount collected was too low, which is widely accepted from the community to be the case. While we all start with baseline ‘0’ for new Updates, this Resource is an outlier in how slowly it’s being accrued, which is to say current pacing not our intention. They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup. Here is how we are fixing that today: 

• Isolation Bounty Necramech’s now have a chance to drop Scintillant.
  • Fixed issues with being able to pick up Scintillant within the Vault environments. 
  • Increased the spawn chance and spawn radius size of Scintillant within Vault environments. 
  • Removed Scintillant as one of the Weapons Entrati members ‘Parts Requisition’ Tasks.
  • Added a slight glow effect to the Scintillant to increase visibility.
  • Increased the audio loop sound effect when a Scintillant is nearby. 

So no increase to the drop chance at all? I've done many of the missions that claim it as a "common" drop and never seen it. Done many vaults and never seen a single one drop. Cetus wisps can be obtained fairly dependably. You fixed bugs and added a new way they have a CHANCE to drop. But didn't increase drop chance. How about Necramechs in the vaults have a 100% chance to drop 1. Plus chance to get more in the vault. That'd make it closer to cetus wisp. Making them easier to find is cool and all but I don't think the issue was people were not looting them when they dropped. They were not dropping and this doesn't really fix it.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Raitlor said:

And again, 0 word about if this is an intended change or a bug that is being looked into. Please, just tell us something, its been 14 weeks and some of us would like to be able to use our crit builds for these frames again.

If memory serves correctly, DE intentionally made it so that certain mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds would not be usable on exalted weapons, as well as set mods (excluding the Sacrificial mods) not having their set bonuses for exalted weapons. Although Garuda's talons aren't enabled through the use of an ability like Excalibur's or Valkyr's exalted weapons, it is still considered an exalted weapon and subject to those restrictions. If her talons are still allowing mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds to be equipped, that might be an oversight on DE's end.

• Like 1

Could we have a drop table for damaged necramech parts and also a relook at the drops? One of the only ways to get the part a effectively was via finding the ones in the drift, and with a 3% drop chance its gonna be pretty hard to get the pod and engine parts. And I'm assuming it's 3% vs 10% for the other two parts since I'm not sure what the official drop rates are. Also what about the necramechs constantly using their storm shield ability (or whatever its called). Ive noticed it in vaults where it's constantly being used when the mech looses both of its arms. Then again, if it's intended and I sound like a salty player my mistake. 

• Like 3

Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards. 

• Transferring into a Necramech and then standing around waiting for it to die to drop rewards is far from the intentions of the Necramech system. We understand this is a frustrating oversight. Additionally, this was often bugged that only 1 person got the drop at all. Enemy Necramechs in the Isolation Vaults will still drop rewards, and now they’ll drop more of them (Scintillant).

You misunderstand why players were doing this in the first place. The "this was often bugged that only 1 person got the drop at all" is because the Necramech mods and broken pieces are falling through the floor. The reason only one person would get these drops is because they spawn inside the Necramech upon it's death catching the drop. This happens on all Necramechs, making Isolation Vaults give far less broken pieces than they ought to unless you are closeby with a Fetch or Vacuum companion.

• Like 6

I was planning on finding those mechs for the parts today, so I'm a little sad that I won't be able to do that now. I guess I should have farmed them like I heard others were doing, but I figured I had time, and didn't want to rush the new content.

I am yet to get a single Scintillant myself, as I tend to play solo, and cannot kill that mech in the vault, even using my best build. While the Father did have a few tokens that required Scintillant, I was able to easily get all the other tokens that didn't require it, so it didn't actually matter much to me. I figured I would get some in time.
But, it sounds like the 'mech will likely be out of my league for quite a while now, unless I decide to just go open groups and leech off other people.

I don't mind conservation in general, but it seems poorly implemented in Diemos, i just fly around after a bounty and grab what ever velocipods and predacytes I can see, and turn them in when the Son wants them. The 5 bird tags for level 3 are proving annoying though.

I guess I'll have to watch a you tube video on how to do the vault, which I hate doing. Or join random groups, which I also dislike doing. Sigh.

• Like 3

I usually laugh at people who assume bad faith when looking at patch notes, but is there any benefit, at all, to the player in making bait defense take longer? Why? I hate saying this, and I'm trying not to overreact over what is honestly a pretty minor time increase, but it seems very obvious that it'd just make the mission more tedious and unrewarding for the time invested. Again, why?

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Xaku’s ‘Vast Untime’ damaging Teralysts and Variants. As mentioned at TennoCon, this is not intended. 

Then what is the porpoise of a warframe with exclusive Void damage? None of Xaku's abilities are worth anything otherwise in my experience so far.

• Like 5

No mention of fixing the timer for defending the Corpus researcher in the field.  He gets 1min to upload 25 units of data, but uploads every 3 second, which = 20, so it is impossible on the higher tier missions to get 25/25 uploaded.  

No mention of fixing void dash being disabled randomly(and permanently for that instance) while out in the open world of deimos. 

• Like 11

This does not fix the Son tokens at all. They are almost entirely useless, and the best way to show this is to compare the amount of standing a single animal gives in each of the open worlds.

PoE: 400-3600. This is still not much, but was added in later, so I give it a lot more slack. Also, these animals can spawn in sets, so these numbers can be multiplied.

Fortuna: 400-8000. One of the best ways to farm daily standing is to go looking for Kubradons, which, if you screw up, still gives 1000 standing, and can give a full 8000 if you're both lucky and somewhat skilled.

Deimos: Hard to say offhand, as there are no 5 token items at the moment, and in general I can't tell for sure what the full numbers will be, but the current shop has somewhere between 80-500 per animal. This is a range that both common and rare animals fall into. 

So let's compare! If you get lucky in Fortuna and hunt down the rarest animal, you'll get 8000 standing. If you get a set in Fortuna, you could get above 7000, potentially. The rarest encounters in Deimos, if you find a group of 3, is 1,500. Approximately. I'm guessing my numbers aren't exactly right, this is only based off of the first shop, but my guess is with this much of a difference, its going to be a persistent problem. There needs to be some sort of change, whether that be massively cutting the price of son tokens, or greatly increasing their value, or the only reason anyone will be doing conservation is because they have to.

• Like 13

Vault tier follow ups still do not show up on mother for some people but do show up for others. Doing it with a friend just now, he couldn't see the vault t2 bounty on mother but I could. He was host. 

edit: also the bug where it skips right to the toxic tunnels instead of doing the mouth opening can still happen, we didn't bother doing the entire thing since last time that happened it gave us an empty vault at the end. 

Edited by Borg1611
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.
  • Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!

Can the Toxin Level timer be reduced to 90s or 120s? 3 minutes just feels way too long and drawn out... 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Neo_Ganryu said:

If memory serves correctly, DE intentionally made it so that certain mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds would not be usable on exalted weapons, as well as set mods (excluding the Sacrificial mods) not having their set bonuses for exalted weapons. Although Garuda's talons aren't enabled through the use of an ability like Excalibur's or Valkyr's exalted weapons, it is still considered an exalted weapon and subject to those restrictions. If her talons are still allowing mods like Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds to be equipped, that might be an oversight on DE's end.

Exalted primaries still benefit from the Vigilant set bonus. And prior to 27.5.4 Garuda's Talons were effected by all Acolyte mods as expected, as well as the Gladiator set bonus, as well as exalted melees being effected by the Gladiator set bonus prior to that patch. There were no notes in said patch stating a nerf in this way. There have also been many bug report threads on the same topic.

unknown.png

Blood Rush and Weaping Wounds not working on exalted melees is a normal thing, no Acolyte mods are usable on exalted weapons. Garada's Talons (although being called exalted on the wiki) are in no way exalted.

If DE came out and said these changes were intentional then so be it, but so far no statement of any kind has been made on the topic. Till a statement is made we can only assume these are bugs since everything is equipable as expected but with no benefits.

Edit: I just tested the other two Acolyte mods with Garada's Talons, Maiming Strike and Body Count. Both mods had their expected effect. So Garada's Talons can still equip all Acolyte mods but the two that work off combo count are not working.

Edited by DoveCannon
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hunteroid said:

*TIME CONSUMING* not difficult. No warframe combination will make the timer go faster or inrease spawn rate

exactly, this LITERALLY made the 3vault run 90 minutes longer. on a run that is already filled with "wait until" happens. lets see, mission doesnt really start until npcs stop talking, which takes around 30 secs, then there's the bait defense, 90 secs, survival, 120 secs, "droid key" depending on the layout between 6 and 10 minutes(sometimes he takes more than a minute just to get to the first point),

so lets do the small calc. 30+90+120+ 360 = 600 seconds x 3 = half an hour, on the timed stuff alone. this are things completely out of the player control. meaning we have to do the rest, in the remaining time, might sound like enough, but unless you are able to start from second 1, and have a highly optimized team, that never makes any mistake. you will have around 10-20 minutes to spare.

again, sounds like alot, but in practice it isnt.

we need less time gating, not more.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Isolation Vault Bounty Changes & Fixes:

• Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.
  • Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!
  • Toxin Level will now greatly increase if players leave the designated area in an effort to increase team coordination and difficulty. 
  • Replaced the Volatile Runner with a Deimos Runner in the Toxin Level phase.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if the Host migrated during an Isolation Vault Bounty.
    • This also fixes having to repeat Isolation Vault stages if a Host migration occurred.  
  • Fixed a ‘worst case scenario’ procedural generation where some Isolation Vaults would not have the Reactive Crystal intact, which occurred in a 1 hour window last night.

I understand the increased difficulty, but not the increased Bait Defense time.

The bounty already felt long enough as it was, it should have been shortened not elongated. Especially, the part with Otak takes way too long for them to get to the points and then back to the vault.

• Like 7

Just now, oxoArchangeloxo said:

Is there a fix incoming for Medjey's that are not showing up and available to be used in Predasite Revivification. 

The Medjays have to be weakened by being attacked by an infested enemy and then tranquilized and captured in order to be used for Predasite Revivification.

• Like 2