Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusivity, Timed Exclusivity, And Events Exclusives...

Froh

Ok, let's talk about the future of our game :

In a few months :

The game is now live.

The game is now opened to PS4 players who can enjoy the game and spend their money on it.

The Armor 2.0 system is out and flows well. A lot of old weapons that were seen as not good are now far more playable.

Berserker is fine and can resist knockdown. With the melee rework it actually became a very good frame.

The Codex systems allows new players to focus their search on a specific mod.

Missions are more dynamic, and interesting due to the mission rework.

The game is fine. Far from perfect, because not a single game is perfect, but it evolves in a good way and shape.

-----------------

New player

You are a rather new player. You began to play after thoses changes and like collecting everything.

Something bothers you.

You came after thoses changes and now you can't access :

- Lato Vandal

- Braton Vandal

- Snipetron

- Snipetron Vandal

- Strun Wraith

- Gorgon

- Dual Ether Daggers

- Boar

- Machete

- Lato Prime

- Skana Prime

- Excalibur Prime

(11 weapons and 1 warframe)

Thoses can give you 3000 x 11 + 6000 = 39000 Mastery points

You would like to. You would like to spend money on them if needed. The Lato, Skana and Excalibur Prime were linked to founder pack, but you can't see any new pack where they're in. Even equally priced.

You would like some events to come back, I don't know, a christmas event where you can chose to get some of thoses obsoletes weapons.

You're the master of your clan, you would like to spend ressources on new labs. Archeologic, Vandal, and Orokin (Wraith/Prime) Labs ? They're freakin' expensives. But... Well... You get nothing without spending nothing.

--------------

Old player

You are a very old player. One of the few remaining. You don't play with your Lato Vandal because you have other better weapons. You would like a buff for it, but being exclusive, no one cares about your weapon anymore.

You want to attract new players into this game. You want this game to evolves more. And you want your clan to live again.

You're helping new players actively into this game, and when they want to know which is the weapon you're using so effectively, you answer "Strun Wraith. Not available anymore, sorry guy. Maybe one day".

Of course, you like having stuff that the others don't. But you know that, in the end, it's not that good for the game. You don't want them to be available freely or easily. But you're not against a yearly return, with each Halloween or Christmas, or you don't know.

-------------

Now let's talk about exclusivity in general.

Games Exclusives were meant to be a physical gift back in the years.

As a physical stuff, it couldn't be returned easily. You manufacture a small amount of theses to promote your game. This is linked to a physical problem (Production Stocking problem, Manufacturing with little ressources).

Digital Exclusives are FALSE exclusives. They are not limited in numbers. They try to promote your game. And it actually works. People want them because they don't want to miss them. In the present.

But it can prevents a good chunck of players aka "collectors" players from playing your game at all because they already miss stuff that won't come back for no good reason.

Games evolves. Now board game sells their promos through some tiers (http://boardgamegeekstore.com/) or by buying them using their own store ( http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/110 ).

Digital Exclusives have already been a problem with a lot of Games. Some examples that comes to mind :

- Street Fighter X Tekken ( http://www.oxmonline.com/street-fighter-x-tekken-vita-exclusive-characters-are-360-disc )

Preventing players to access a lot of characters because of a Sony Deal. This caused the game a huge fall-off in sales.

- League Of Legends ( http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/plan-vintage-limited-edition-skins )

Releasing again their previous "exclusives skins". Others skins being sold on ebay for incredible prices.

- Awesomenauts previously "exclusive" skin for one of the character throught a humble bundle is now sold in a pack.

- Preorder DLC being sold after a period by a LOT of games : Dishonored (preorder DLC), Borderlands (collector's edition DLC), Assassin's Creed serie (a new DLC always comes with some of the preorder bonus), Sanctum 2, etc...

--------------------------------

But How do I reward old players ? Olds players will feel cheated.

Surely some will feel cheated. That's a concern, and it can't be helped. Because not everyone will agree with me, and I'm fine with that. That's how you can reward old players :

Free stuff !

Not exclusive one. But free.

Free inventory spaces. Free potatos. Free forma. The next warframe, free without farming and with a catalyst. Or I don't know.

You stayed active on a game ? Here's free stuff.

The snipetron vandal (and also others exclusives content besides Blueprints) came with a potato, with its slot, etc.

We, thoses who have fought during this event, don't want others accessing it without doing their part. I either want another event (or a comeback event), or a blueprint which is not that affordable.

Or maybe require them to actually own all others weapons, or a rank 11 ?

I will be fine with that, and I think, some others old players too.

You already did that with Ammo mutation mods etc, and players WERE fine. See, it works.

-----------------------------------

Why did I post this topic ? What do I want ?

Ok, so I won't lie to you. I'm ALSO waiting for some stuff to come back. Lato and Braton Vandal to be exact.

I waited for them since the beginning, but I wouldn't mind until now.

I actually collected every weapons, frames, and helmet in the game. Fully leveled them (except helmets of course) and also collected every corrupted mods.

I bought THE BIGGEST founder's pack despite not having a great income. And I'm happy with it. I want to support the game.

I could go on but I can't because I didn't heard of this game before too late.

But as you can see, I'm listing everything because even if they don't come back for some reason, I'm really fighting against digital exclusivity in game, even cosmetic one (which is not the case here except maybe for the events one, that's why I would like regurarly events to come back).

I'm fine with timed exclusives, I really am. I really like how it is handled in let's say "Killing Floor", where each year you can access the event of the last year's Halloween for example.

---------------------------------

Others ideas ? This is were you can be involved.

Involve olders players and make them a part of the distribution. VIRAL distribution.

Playing with an older player equipped with an exclusive weapon gives you an expensive and highly ranked blueprint on it. ONLY the ones who own the weapon the first time can distribute it.

Please post and share your thoughts.

There was talk of giving you free warframe slots for when you rank up in mastery. And in the livestream the devs said if a weapon is "retired" such as the gorgon and such that were removed, there is still the chance for it to come back. I can assume the same can be said for the old "exclusive" stuff like the snipetron vandal and such.

I'm fine with re-releases of old Event Rewards and Exclusive Weapons that haven't been available since. The more variety available to everyone in the game, the better-- as long as things are balanced, I mean. I'm sure there are people who will complain that if the weapons are going to be released later for everybody, why bother? ..But that answer is pretty simple: You got the weapon, or mod, or whatever, earlier than everybody else and without having to farm resources/time for it. You got it for being part of the event.

Just put a time gap between the event / original item acquisition and it's official "public" release, and all will be well.

I know for sure sniptron vandal and the Lato vandal and Braton vandal are not coming back since they stated no already. 

People are constantly talking about DE not doing something they said they'd do for sure, or going back on their word-- personally, I'm not going to complain if they go back on their word one more time for this, because it's a much better reason to do so.

Edited by TheResult

There was talk of giving you free warframe slots for when you rank up in mastery. And in the livestream the devs said if a weapon is "retired" such as the gorgon and such that were removed, there is still the chance for it to come back. I can assume the same can be said for the old "exclusive" stuff like the snipetron vandal and such.

Vandals are never coming back. Those are once and that's it. On the other hand Snipetron came for one weekend, so might Gorgon.

I dont mind honestly if the ones like Strun Wraith, Snipetron Vandal, etc return yearly but...

Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, Skana Prime, Excal Prime, Lato Prime where exclusive in a special way. The latters being bought in Founder packs that were available to people who wanted to help found the game during its early days. So I don't agree with them returning.

2nd the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal. Who were restricted to Closed Beta players and Closed Beta players only. I feel like these ones shouldn't return at all since they were an exclusivity to Closed Beta players, players who played the game when it was at its basics. Very few features and tons of bugs and I mean tons. We tested the game and gave feedback to help the game grow good enough to be released as Open Beta.

These two guns feel like they are the only sign of me being a Closed Beta player since I used the optional reset and that actually make them the only things left that show that I'm a Closed Beta player in-game. And I prefered to keep it like that.

And what are your thoughts about it ? I mean, they said a lot of stuff, so it doesn't really matter. As stated in the examples, League Of Legends also said exclusives skins weren't coming back. And here are they, coming back.

So let's discuss what you want instead of what have been said.

I also faced a ton of bugs + the fact that I was late, and new weapons asked for resources that only a veteran could have at this time. See the 15 orokin cells on the latest Draka ?

I feel "punished" (I know I'm not) because I didn't heard of this game before. Is this really an issue ? If it ask for a challenge ? Or Farming ? I mean, I probably played a lot more than some closed beta players that just subscribed, play 2 hours, and never launch the game again.

You could have special avatars, a forum title, etc... Like... A lot of games do actually.

Edited by Froh

Exclusives should stay so. I don't have the weapons mentioned above as I wasn't playing. I think it's a cool thing that there are weapons I can't get anymore, as it adds the 'wooahh' factor.

People who cry about wanting things they can't have ruins games, man up accept you won't have it and be there for the next exclusive!

Edited by Gorthandel

I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to this. The exclusive weapons that we have received from events are our marking that we were there. Take the Braton and Lato Vandal for instance. Those weapons mark that you have been there since Closed Beta. Me being a Collector type player realize that these weapons won't be available again, and I'm okay with that. Those players have their mark that they have been here longer. Newer players will have a shot at their own exclusive gear, that they can eventually show off to their friends who came in a little late. It's an Endless Loop basically, so long as DE keeps putting out new Events.

Exclusives should stay so. I don't have the weapons mentioned above as I wasn't playing. I think it's a cool thing that there are weapons I can't get anymore, as it adds the 'wooahh' factor.

People who cry about wanting things they can't have ruins games, man up accept you won't have it and be there for the next exclusive!

I don't "cry". I'm debating about this. Feel free to try one day.

You didn't do what was required, you don't get the stuff. It *should* be that simple. I have everything in the game except the Lato/Braton Vandals - I am glad I don't have them because I wasn't there to support DE at those critical stages of development. Similarly, I'm glad that every once in a while there is an event that you have to participate in to get an upgraded version of a weapon.

You didn't do what was required, you don't get the stuff. It *should* be that simple. I have everything in the game except the Lato/Braton Vandals - I am glad I don't have them because I wasn't there to support DE at those critical stages of development. Similarly, I'm glad that every once in a while there is an event that you have to participate in to get an upgraded version of a weapon.

Except what was required was not "doing stuff", it was "Be there in a closed beta that you we're already selected to do". Or "Be present this week end, because yeah, this week end is probably more important than others". That's not a great thing if events doesn't return, because it does'nt promote the game out of the already installed playerbase. If League Of Legends begins to stays away from exclusives, that's for a reason.

Except what was required was not "doing stuff", it was "Be there in a closed beta that you we're already selected to do". Or "Be present this week end, because yeah, this week end is probably more important than others". That's not a great thing if events doesn't return, because it does'nt promote the game out of the already installed playerbase. If League Of Legends begins to stays away from exclusives, that's for a reason.

Well Ill bring up the good olle "you cant always get everything in life" card here. Every event someone who had something to do or decided to wait at the last second goes on the forums and rages about how its unfair that they never got the gun and how its too OP even though they don't have it. Well I say no because we indeed had to work for those darn guns. We had to grind hours in survival, one shot drones, and farm keys for the void. 

Edited by alphex

Well you can. But I already stated far more than that. I know it's unfair. But should it be like that ? That's the main point.

Did I really work to have my Snipetron Vandal ? Well, I enjoy myself in an event. What if this Snipetron Vandal is coming back in another event ? With another objective ? They WILL have to work for that too.

What if let's say, Excalibur Prime, Lato & Skana Prime come back in a equally priced bundle ? Will I mind about that ?

What if the newest player here, will become one of the greatest player there, helping community, bringing more people into the game, and playing more hours than me ? Doesn't he deserve any respect ? Far more than me ?

Didn't you already enjoy this gun ? Feeling rewarded for it being that easily accessible ? Is it really a problem if new players can access it during another event, and will only have a blueprint which they must farm a lot to actually craft it.

Edited by Froh

What if let's say, Excalibur Prime, Lato & Skana Prime come back in a equally priced bundle ? Will I mind about that ?

I wouldnt care enough to rage about it and complain to DE, its a game afterall. But it would certainly effect future decisions when purchasing things ingame/packs from the company.

Edit: Exclusive things make people different. Different is good in my books!!

Imagine how boring it would be if everyone was the same/had the same.

Edited by Gorthandel

If there are exclusive items, some people will be upset-- if exclusive items are made available to the public, some people will be upset.

People will be upset either way.

The difference is that one of those groups just wants it to be fair and for everybody to have their own shot at something, and the other group's response is "well life just isn't fair so there". And Group #2's response is ballsacks, and is the ballsacks way to see things, and deserves a backhand in the ballsacks. So there and might I also add nyeh.

I wouldnt care enough to rage about it and complain to DE, its a game afterall. But it would certainly effect future decisions when purchasing things ingame/packs from the company.

Edit: Exclusive things make people different. Different is good in my books!!

Imagine how boring it would be if everyone was the same/had the same.

Well, I see everyone using Soma. Is it because everyone can access it ? Or because the weapon is too powerful ? Think of why people are using the same things. Because I don't see people using the same colors at all.

I also think a point has been made by closed alpha/beta players (or at least one of them on this topic). They deserve something to prove they were here. I would go for the usual forum special badge, but also for an in-game awesome avatar. That way it gives them something, without new players being affected by the lack of a weapon (which again GIVES mastery and plays a little bit differently).

Edited by Froh

The difference is that one of those groups just wants it to be fair and for everybody to have their own shot at something

If i wasn't there for the shot of something that was only available at that time as it was exclusive to that time/event, be it my own fault or something that was out of my hands. i would accept it, call it fair and move on.

You could turn it all around and say its only fair for items to remain exclusive as they were branded as exclusive for that particular time.event.

Exclusive - restricted to the person, group, or area concerned.

Edited by Gorthandel

Exclusive doesn't mean infinite exclusives. A lot of things were exclusives BEFORE and became a part of a game after an overhaul (Neuroshima HEX 3.0 have an old exclusive army, Citadels third edition include an expansion, etc). Please discuss, and remain constructive.