Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transferring between Necramech and Excalibur Umbra leads to broken states [Fix Pending]

mad_god360
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! We will have a fix for this issue in a future Hotfix.

It seems if the operator ever leaves the Necramech while using umbra as the chosen frame something is happening where Umbra's AI is not giving up control, but is still following the player. This results in Umbra acting as a stationary guard. I've noticed if an enemy melees you it can free you and give control back, but ranged attacks seem to be ineffective. It also appears umbra has invulnerability as his health is gray. My mech was using the storm shroud at the time of releasing control so I don't know if it's an issue between that ability and umbra or if it's just the necramech and umbra. 

Well I crafted my own Necramech but almost everytime that I transference out of it while with Umbra equipped the camera goes to Umbra but I can't move, I can use gear, but I can't move or use abilities, I retried in captura eveytime, no special places are required to create the bug.

If i am in a necramech with excal umbra following me, and i exit the necramech when umbra is close to me i automatically transfer back into umbra and i cant move while umbra is still operating by himself so i have no control meaning i cant use abilities like transference so i have to either abort the mission or get hit by a enemy in order to move again

So when i transference from my necramech to my AI controlled excal umbra I get stuck and cant do anything.... my abilities are "disabled" and i cant deploy anything to try and fix the issue, nor can i /unstuck. the only way i have fixed this bug was to have an enemy necramech attack me (I dont know why it worked), maybe voiding out might fix it but its basically impossible to do that since I cant move.

Proof of bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1itVbbkwj0

I dont have a recording of the bug fixing itself.

Use caution when using the Necramech and Umbra, as Umbra's passive is currently glitched. His passive doesn't activate (or de-activate) correctly. Specifically, this requires a player-owned Necramech, which features the ability to swap directly between frame and mech. If this is done with Umbra, switching to the mech won't enable his passive, causing him to behave like a regular Warframe. 

The Softlock will occur if the reverse happens - directly swapping back whilst Umbra's passive AI is active will not disable his AI, causing you to be unable to move, use abilities or transference - even directly to the Necramech, effectively soft-locking you. /Unstuck does not restore control, although it does allow you to bring up the pause menu to abort, saving an Alt-f4.

I've already filed a bug report for this, but since this could potentially ruin runs, I still want everyone to know about this to avoid future problems!

Here's hoping that gets fixed soon.

...I'd also like for specific controller bindings for Necramechs, on Switch I had to reorder things just to be able to hop out of them due to my button layout having attack on R(1).

Now I have this Frankenstein setup where my left Dpad has focus/transerfence and holding up to get to the sub menus of things like fishing poles and echo lures.

All because I just wanted my Melee button to be on R...go figure.

not sure if already posted but when I was trying to rank up my necramech. I tried to transfer out to pickup powercores only to pop straight into my warframe (umbra if important). But I could not move or get out of it. Umbra would still fire but couldn't move either. so far the only way to "fix" is to back out of the mission.

So while the option of having Umbra operate while I am personally in my Necramech is really useful, whenever I exit the mech near him, the camera returns to Umbra, but without returning control to me, resulting in a pseudo spectator mode watching him stand in place, where the only option is either waiting for him to die, or exiting the mission.

So when playing with my new Voidrig while running Excal Umbra, I tried to drop into my operator form, but accidentally transferred directly from my mech to my frame. The following video shows the result (photo epilepsy warning): 

Using your fifth ability to enter your Operator form with Umbra should allow Umbra to walk around freely, right? So I thought, "Let's make Umbra walk around while I'm in my Necramech." It was a funny idea until I had tried to activate my fifth ability while looking at AI Umbra. This took my Operator back into the form of Umbra, but AI Umbra was still in control. So now I'm stuck in Umbra's body, unable to swap or take control. I'm not sure if this bug is known about or not, but it's a thing.

(Discord Notifications are mine, sorry) Added these two videos since they are a bit of an example as to what happened. The first one is specifically what I did before and after the bug occurred, while the second is the bug happening again, after the vault door refuses to open, and while my Necramech is a floating pod and gun. It was honestly a wild and confusing ride. 

When going from Necramech to Operator to Excalibur Umbra, I would find myself stuck in the NPC Excalibur while also being in Excalibur. I would become Invulnerable to damage but also infinitely falling in place. I could not use any abilities, go back to the necramech or operator mode and no movement action would free me. Having the squad try to exit back to the Necralisk would also not teleport me or allow the rest of my squad to return to the Necralisk.

I experienced the same thing, was in Necramech with Umbra nearby, when I tried to go into operator it booted me straight into Umbra, invincible and still under control by the AI. I couldn't use any skills, only weapons worked, kinda. Tried using gear wheel to summon archwing or k-drive, wasn't a good spot.

Also if you try to go into operator with Necramech next to you, you get put straight into it and Umbra AI doesn't kick in.

I'm gonna start off by, I'm sure this has been posted, and I'm sorry for adding another threat.

--This is super detrimental to gameplay, and can stop a person from being useful in a mission, as well as likely triggering the AFK system
When switching to Operator while using Excalibur Umbra, and then activating your mech, to switch back at a later time, if Umbra is still walking around, and "alive" then you'll switch back, and in this case, "switch back to your frame", while Umbra is still wandering around.  (The picture has a better explanation in the chat).  If Umbra has taken lethal damage, then you'll switch back like normal.

Spoiler

unknown.png

This link shows how to replicate the issue: https://youtu.be/I6peROWeTP4   

• TYPE: Necramech/Excalibur Umbra interaction
  • DESCRIPTION: Transfering into Excalibur Umbra from the Necramech after activating Excalibur Umbra's passive by entering Operator mode first will result in near total loss of control.
  • VISUAL: https://youtu.be/Kr5iRMboItw
  • REPRODUCTION:
    • Load into an open world like Orb Vallis.
    • Summon the Necramech from the Gear Wheel.
    • Walk a short distance away from the Necramech and press 5 to enter operator mode.
    • Walk to the Necramech and enter it by pressing 5.
    • Wait for Excalibur Umbra to approach the Necramech, or walk to Excalibur umbra.
    • Target Excalibur Umbra and press 5 to enter Excalibur Umbra.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Excalibur Umbra control should be returned to the player.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Excalibur Umbra control will not return to the player and will maintain self control. The player will be softlocked, unable to move or use abilities, forcing the player to abort mission.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

I decided to go operator mode then summon my necramech & play, after a while trying to leave the necramech in my friends game on orb vallis, my screen started jittering but my friend said that my necramech is on my warframe despite seeing 2 of my warframes. we also couldn't extract until I abort the mission.

in using my necramech along side excaliber umbra I've been running into a issue where occasionally on transferring out of my mech i will ump straight to umbra but he still has his specter ai except his movement is disabled (unless he chooses to slash dash a target) meanwhile I'm invulnerable with all powers disabled and unable to move either (occasionally i will visually appear as umbra stuck inside the unchained umbra but more often i'm invisible) for several minutes. i have not tested this with any other frame at this time but this is rather game breaking. (and in case it come up /unstuck does not fix this issue I've tried)

Ever since I got my Necramech, I always end up with this bug

How it works is simple: just, when in a Necramech and a fully moving Excal Umbra following, swap out of the mech.

If Umbra walks in front of you while you do this... or is active in anyway in your line of sight... you will be in Umbra BUT you can't control him in anyway. Using the unstuck command doesn't work, using the archgun gear doesn't work, nothing does. It's as if the game thinks I am not in Umbra while in him at the same time

I've had this bug since the first time I got my Necramech... and just seconds ago got it again in the FIRST Isolation vault... currently the only way to fix it is by ABORTING the mission. It resets whatever caused this. I've aborted several missions because of this already just because Umbra WALKED in front of me when I transfer out and I don't notice him in the middle of the gunshots and bursts

Thank you for your attention

Edit: Almost forgot, this occours mostly in Iso Vaults but can occour in normal bounties.... and unfortunately is such a gamebreaking bug that even when people have completed the mission and go to extraction... it doesn't extract because of it nor does it allow the mission to progress (for some odd reason, maybe doesn't detect the "missing" player)... so it's not JUST a Warframe/Transferance bug... but it can also be a GAMEBREAKING bug...

There is a problem when I try to use excalibur umbra and necramech in the same mission. If I want to be able to use my necramech in mission and let umbra fight at the same time, I have to go from umbra to the operator to necramech otherwise umbra does not come alive.

There is a bug when I want to get out of the necramech and excalibur umbra comes in front of me, the operator goes directly from the necramech to excalibur umbra but umbra stays alive and moves on its own and then stops moving because it no longer has to follow me, I can no longer control umbra and he does not move and I find myself stuck inside excalibur umbra. On the screen, my power are locked, i can't move at all ant i can't use transference

unknown.png

Archived