Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transferring between Necramech and Excalibur Umbra leads to broken states [Fix Pending]

mad_god360
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! We will have a fix for this issue in a future Hotfix.

I took Excalibur Umbra out with the Necramech so I'd have my weapons in use while I blast away as the Necramech.
Interesting note, while controlling Excalibur Umbra, I can press 5 to enter the Necramech directly however Excalibur Umbra's "sentience" does not activate, he remains there as any other warframe. If I bring out the Operator first and then transference into the Necramech, Excalibur Umbra retains his sentience. The bug happens only in this latter case.
When pressing 5 to leave the necramech, most of the time aiming towards my Excalibur, but other times even when I do not, the camera centers on Excalibur Umbra but I am not given control of him. The frame just keeps firing and using powers as any Excalibur Umbra would while we are not directly controlling it. When this happens I cannot move, I cannot use powers or pick up items however vacuum does seem to sporadically activate if I try to move but none of the items get picked up.
While in this bug I can still fire whatever weapon I have on my warframe, reload, look around, change weapons, even crouch and use most gear items except for the archwing launcher, k-drive launcher and necramech launcher.

Bumping thread letting it be known I had this exact same bug happened to me, within the Necramech situation + locale as well. The only way out of being stuck inside Umbra without being able to move (that I know of) was waiting until Umbra's "specter form" died. /unstuck did not function in any meaningful way in fixing the issue of being stuck.

During the isolation vault bounty I managed to get myself stuck in umbra as he was under AI control when leaving my necramech. This can be done by going into operator before entering the necramech and then entering it. If umbra is nearby when trying to leave the necramech, you get stuck in him.

il y a 8 minutes, MountainWind a dit :

You potentially fix this by letting mobs beat you up. the problem is that sometimes umbra is alive and aimbotting for you so mobs can't get close enough and get whooped.

I mentioned it. maybe i'm unlucky, but everytimes i got this bug, Umbra was moving and fighting on its own until there's no mobs. then i get stuck

Be careful of exiting the Necramech with Excalibur Umbra close, otherwise you may get stuck and have no other option than to leave whatever current mission you are in.

Here's the bug.

And here is how I got stuck in there in the first place. You can also see Umbra not move after going into Operator mode.

Il y a 6 heures, StariousMariousPie a dit :

Yep keeps happening to me too. Best way I've found to avoid it right now is to get decently far away from excal, then leave the necramech.

But when he follow you hard and then come in front of you, you're trapped xD, he's so mean with us

happened to me as well in PC, cant switch to : 

1- operator 

2- kitgun 

3-kdrive

4-necromech

5-archwing

6- abilities are blocked from being used 

8- tried fishing a nearby fish but didnt work

had to abort and lose an endless mission run for 3 consecutive runs on mission 3 of deimos

I open this thread to bring attention to two major bugs involving Umbra's "autopilot" and Necramech Summoning.

First, which could be intended behavior, is that when immediately using Transference aiming at the Necramech, you're instantly piloting it, but Umbra sits still like other frames would.

Secondly, is a common and easily recreatable bug. When exiting Necramech Transferance while Umbra is in front of you, this gets you stuck and pretty much softlocked until you respawn, since in this state /unstuck is useless and you can't use Transference or other abilities at all.

I aim to submit this as a formal ticket to support in the future, once I record clear footage of these two flaws. I hope that I don't look like an idiot because this hasn't happened to anyone else.

This can, will, and definitely has, happened to everyone who wants to use Umbra alongside a Necramech. I also commented this same bug at least twice now and there has been no fix, which is worrying because I want to use Umbra alongside the Necramech, but Transference would almost always trap me in Umbra's 'free-roam/autopilot' mode.

To anyone reading and going 'wut?', if you have these:
An Excal Umbra,
A Necramech,
You, the Tenno/Operator.

Then:
1: Go to anywhere where a Necramech can be deployed (Cambion Drift, Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon as of this time of writing),
2: Transference out of Umbra so he roams as usual.
3: Deploy Necramech.
4: Transfer into Necrmech.
5: Look in Umbra's general direction.
6: Transfer out.
7: You should appear to be Excalibur Umbra, but the world (or you) is shuddering like crazy, and the 'autopilot' Umbra should still be present.
8: To liberate yourself from this (pending the one hotfix that amends this), you must be host migrated, or have enough enemies to force Umbra into his inert state - if you want to keep anything. It's that or aborting the session.

If DE is reading this, I have a few proposals on how to fix this bug:
Method 1: Enable power use when you get stuck in Umbra (namely, allow Transference) - this would allow people to go back into Operator, and then back into Umbra, resetting him. A limit on how many Umbra 'specters' per player in a session will need to be coded in to prevent people from having multiple Excal Umbra following them (or their Necramech) around.

Method 2: As soon as Transference is triggered, run a check for whether the Tenno who triggered it has Umbra in 'autopilot'. If the check returns with 'yes', make Umbra go into his inert state to allow for a fluid Transfer.

Method 3: Disable 'quick Transference' (where you Transfer directly from Necramech to Warframe) whenever Umbra is equipped.

I encountered this bug after summoning and leaving my necramech as close to the Necralisks load door as i could and going in,after cutting up fish with daughter when i went back into the load door to get more fish the necramech was still there..but only the capsule (aka corncob) and after finishing loading it was still there and when i attempted to transference into it,these strange things happened,First in the top right corner of the screen the voidrig necramech was called Excalibur Umbra (the frame i was using while doing this) and had 200 shields and around 150 health,secondly the necramech had no archgun,i also noticed the necramech ui was not active,in the bottom right it said i was unarmed and for some reason the icons for my umbra's abilities were there but i was not able to use themunknown.png?width=1082&height=598

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

This can, will, and definitely has, happened to everyone who wants to use Umbra alongside a Necramech. I also commented this same bug at least twice now and there has been no fix, which is worrying because I want to use Umbra alongside the Necramech, but Transference would almost always trap me in Umbra's 'free-roam/autopilot' mode.

To anyone reading and going 'wut?', if you have these:
An Excal Umbra,
A Necramech,
You, the Tenno/Operator.

Then:
1: Go to anywhere where a Necramech can be deployed (Cambion Drift, Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon as of this time of writing),
2: Transference out of Umbra so he roams as usual.
3: Deploy Necramech.
4: Transfer into Necrmech.
5: Look in Umbra's general direction.
6: Transfer out.
7: You should appear to be Excalibur Umbra, but the world (or you) is shuddering like crazy, and the 'autopilot' Umbra should still be present.
8: To liberate yourself from this (pending the one hotfix that amends this), you must be host migrated, or have enough enemies to force Umbra into his inert state - if you want to keep anything. It's that or aborting the session.

If DE is reading this, I have a few proposals on how to fix this bug:
Method 1: Enable power use when you get stuck in Umbra (namely, allow Transference) - this would allow people to go back into Operator, and then back into Umbra, resetting him. A limit on how many Umbra 'specters' per player in a session will need to be coded in to prevent people from having multiple Excal Umbra following them (or their Necramech) around.

Method 2: As soon as Transference is triggered, run a check for whether the Tenno who triggered it has Umbra in 'autopilot'. If the check returns with 'yes', make Umbra go into his inert state to allow for a fluid Transfer.

Method 3: Disable 'quick Transference' (where you Transfer directly from Necramech to Warframe) whenever Umbra is equipped.

qkNZlhd.gif

Archived